Pages:
Author

Topic: [DSH] Dashcoin (Cryptonote) UPDATE: New source/wallets+GUI - 1.0.10 - page 27. (Read 157951 times)

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
is this coin still mineable in minergate? just curiosity....
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

It is a fair question, development of "Dashcoin" will stay frozen and the Github will be locked. The original developer decided not to continue with that project and our focus is DASH. You are all welcome to join the DASH community if you wish to, it is a really promising project.

lold. so this end?

acquiring Dashcoin is no different than getting a previously existing domain name, the acquired project itself will not continue only the DRK project will move forward under a new name

it looks like it  Sad
Dashcoin officially died over 1 year ago Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Trying to backpeddle on your own words now, shitcoiners? How mad are you?  Tongue

yup it looks like it...

it is what Evan Duffield and his cohorts are trying to do...

we fought back didn't we? and we are still standing  Cheesy
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
It is 4 times more valuable now compared to March '15 despite DASH. Enough said.
Activity: 465
Merit: 250
legendary
Funny thing, Macrochip, despite all those heavy-handed attempts by Evan & Co to kill Dashcoin, it is still here, going strong with a dramatically higher market cap than last year, and just had a new update a few weeks ago.

It turns out you taken by slb, and bought nothing more than a worthless, now abandoned, repo. Boo, fucking hoo.

DSH - The real Dashcoin
Activity: 465
Merit: 250
legendary
Whether or not it will have any short term effect, I still urge all members of the Dashcoin community to contact btc-e and request that they stop creating confusion by using Dashcoin's DSH ticker to identify another coin.

This is exactly what i have proposed to a Dashcoin community member, but it got rejected:

congratulations for your coin being added to BTC-e

[...]

DSH is Dashcoin's ticker symbol

Thanks for the heads up, we did not notice this yet. Must be a typo. Could you please report it to BTC-e support?

I am afraid, that their system is only capable for 3 char tickers. Like it was the case with bitfinex in the past.

why me?? it is your coin written in another coin's (Dashcoin's original since July 2014) ticker symbol ..you should be concerned...or you really want DSH ticker symbol ha??  Grin well tough luck my friend Dashcoin isn't going anywhere.

I just asked why me?? ... it is not rejection, It seems you wanted your DASH (darkcoin) to be called DSH hmmm.

how about we both ask BTC-e? ..fair enough? both our coins are misinterpreted..makes sense we both do something about it, right?

I have already reported it to btc-e yesterday. Sad to see you did not yet, since this typo is surely creating a lot of confusion for your community...

It is certainly not causing confusion here. Everyone here knows the real and original [DSH] dashcoin from the copycat. What it may do is create confusion among others, which is why btc-e should stop using the wrong symbol. Thank you for your assistance in asking them to fix it.

Activity: 197
Merit: 101
Whether or not it will have any short term effect, I still urge all members of the Dashcoin community to contact btc-e and request that they stop creating confusion by using Dashcoin's DSH ticker to identify another coin.

This is exactly what i have proposed to a Dashcoin community member, but it got rejected:

[...]

Thanks for the heads up, we did not notice this yet. Must be a typo. Could you please report it to BTC-e support?

I am afraid, that their system is only capable for 3 char tickers. Like it was the case with bitfinex in the past.

why me?? it is your coin written in another coin's (Dashcoin's original since July 2014) ticker symbol ..you should be concerned...or you really want DSH ticker symbol ha??  Grin well tough luck my friend Dashcoin isn't going anywhere.

I just asked why me?? ... it is not rejection, It seems you wanted your DASH (darkcoin) to be called DSH hmmm.

how about we both ask BTC-e? ..fair enough? both our coins are misinterpreted..makes sense we both do something about it, right?

I have already reported it to btc-e yesterday. Sad to see you did not yet, since this typo is surely creating a lot of confusion for your community...
legendary

[...]

why me?? it is your coin written in another coin's (Dashcoin's original since July 2014) ticker symbol ..you should be concerned...or you really want DSH ticker symbol ha??  Grin well tough luck my friend Dashcoin isn't going anywhere.

Activity: 197
Merit: 101

[...]

legendary
legendary
the GUI wallet should use "DSH" more

like..

balance       1000 DSH
unconfirmed      0 DSH

we have to maximize "DSH" exposure, it is ours.
legendary
BTC-e just added Dash with ticker DSH. Please tell me again how Dashcoin currently have any identity for a new user.

The identity is that of The Real Dashcoin, before that other coin ripped off the name and tried to bully this one. Let new users come and learn about it.

in other words this name "Dashcoin" and ticker symbol "DSH" has a story..and i like it  Cheesy
dashcoin.info displays "Internal Server Error"
legendary
BTC-e just added Dash with ticker DSH. Please tell me again how Dashcoin currently have any identity for a new user.

The identity is that of The Real Dashcoin, before that other coin ripped off the name and tried to bully this one. Let new users come and learn about it.

Activity: 3
...darkcoin will be renamed for the 4th (or 5th time, lost count)...

haha OK, good point. I guess another re-brand for darkcoin wouldn't be that surprising. Let's hope for that!

confusion? personally I prefer that they discover what happened and learn the power of decentralization by not backing down from DASH (darkcoin) interest.

and also if there is a confusion, dashcoin is the one benefiting, why? because DSH is the cheaper, undervalued, underdog coin  Wink
I'm not convinced that the confusion is always beneficial to DSH. The situation isn't great. But, you're right that patience could pay off in the long term and demonstrate strength and stability. Maybe that's more important. Sorry if I offended/overstepped with my first post here.
legendary
for those who think DSH does not look good on BTC-e

LOL  Grin

DSH ticker symbol is the identity of dashcoin..

a coin named dash is dashcoin..

released in july, 2014..

....... let the whole word deal with that!  Cool
legendary
- Dashcoin search in google will lead you to DASH website. dashcoin.info is at 2nd page. New users cannot find us.

I realize google searches can be different for different users but that is certainly NOT the result I get. If I search for "dashcoin" I get this thread as the very top result. If I search for "dash coin" I get this thread as one of the links in the second result.

Dashcoin have no identity. Users thinks it is Dash

Speak for yourself.

Kushedout DASH will not change its name anymore, unless it dies.

The track record says otherwise. There is massive confusion and inherently poor SEO due to so many other uses of the word. Again YMMV with google, but my first result is the Kardashians' stores, the second is an OS X utility, the third is an online tutorial for HTML, the fourth is the wikipedia entry for the punctuation symbol, the fifth is a mass transit system in Los Angeles, well down on the page in sixth is the coin formerly known as Darkcoin/X-coin, and, somewhat unbelievably, the seventh is another mobile payment app that has nothing to do with the coin.

Frankly, and not only for the above reasons but those are certainly good ones, "Dash" is a terrible, terrible name. At least "Dashcoin" tells you what the hell it is.

Pages:
Jump to: