Pages:
Author

Topic: [DSH] Dashcoin (Cryptonote) UPDATE: New source/wallets+GUI - 1.0.10 - page 28. (Read 157951 times)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0
arielbit I have more than 0 DSH and 0 DASH

My question was did Poloniex or HitBTC updated their wallet, because I want to withdraw my coins. This is an impossible task if they did not update. I don't feel it is good my coins to be stored on exchanges only. If Poloniex or HitBTC collapse for any reason this coin is simply dead.

I also think it is good to discuss the pros and cons about keeping the "Dashcoin" name. I understand it is not a trivial task. To be fair I seriously doubt we have the organisational potential to do it.
Pros:
- It is a quite good name actually
- No need to rework the site
- No need for new logo
- No need for contact all the sites to change the name and logo  (not trivial at all)

Cons:
- Dashcoin search in google will lead you to DASH website. dashcoin.info is at 2nd page. New users cannot find us.
- Dashcoin have no identity. Users think it is Dash
- Minergate chatbox is constantly flooded with messages from users confusing Dashcoin with DASH. I am sure they are not the only ones. Pools and exchanges have extra expenses because of this. Unaffiliated users trend to think we are scam because of this.

Kushedout DASH will not change its name anymore, unless it dies.
legendary
Activity: 1123
Merit: 1000
SaluS - (SLS)
First, A big thanks to those who have been working hard to keep the project alive!

I've mined DSH since the early days and have always liked the name and logo. So, I understand if people in the community might feel hesitant to give it up. However, It seems like the coin has been undervalued since the name was stolen.

I agree with kokonit that a name change could be good and help clear the confusion for newcomers just discovering this coin. It might be a good way for us all to look to the future.

Nice work on the update. Is it adopted by any exchanges yet?
Anybody else thinking a name change is a good idea by the way?

Just give it few more months trolls and your darkcoin will be renamed for the 4th (or 5th time, lost count) and you wont be concerned about Dashcoin name anymore.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
May I be the first to suggest jwintermcoin, I feel as though it just rolls off the tongue Tongue
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

playing a little bit innocent? we have already an exchange for a long time https://poloniex.com/exchange#xmr_dsh

First, A big thanks to those who have been working hard to keep the project alive!

I've mined DSH since the early days and have always liked the name and logo. So, I understand if people in the community might feel hesitant to give it up. However, It seems like the coin has been undervalued since the name was stolen.

I agree with kokonit that a name change could be good and help clear the confusion for newcomers just discovering this coin. It might be a good way for us all to look to the future.

you and the other newbie account (kokonit), first post post are both dashcoin..kokonit post are only in two altcoin btw dashcoin and DASH (darkcoin)

confusion? personally I prefer that they discover what happened and learn the power of decentralization by not backing down from DASH (darkcoin) interest.

and also if there is a confusion, dashcoin is the one benefiting, why? because DSH is the cheaper, undervalued, underdog coin  Wink

=========================================

now let's discuss the name dashcoin and the pros and cons of changing and not changing it..

what are your suggestions? (this will be fun  Grin )

Activity: 3

Activity: 53
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Community Update #4 - 4/15/16  - Wallet updates and Blocksize change

1) 1.0.10 - New Source and Wallet Links have been updated within the OP
2) New GUI wallet also available
3) Block size change from 20,000 to 100,000. Hard fork when 90% mine with the latest update. Will fix the issues with the unconfirmed transactions.
4) Some Eye Candy: Stats and Charts - http://democats.org/charts/?name=dashcoin
5) Contacting Exchanges

Thank you!

Nice work on the quick merge.
legendary
HI
I am a new to dashcoin, and i just install my wallet and want to make transaction and i am confused what to do with id payment, can anyone explain to me how can i know what is my id payment or how to find it please
thank u Smiley

you can send coins without using payment id, if you will send coins to poloniex exchange, payment id is required though..

haven't generated payment id for myself...anybody who can teach how?

If you mean a new payment ID in poloniex, they have disable that possibility.

no, I mean generating payment ID from my PC, using our dashcoin wallet...I believe this is what NEKOGAMI is asking.

It's just a random hex string (well, doesn't have to be random, but it is a 64 character hex string). You can do it in a one-line function with python like:
Code:
# Generate random hex strings for payment id
def gen_paymentid():
   return ''.join([random.choice('0123456789ABCDEF') for x in range(64)])

Or you can use this website:
https://www.randomlists.com/random-hex

thanks..I've read that using payment ID is useful to prove a transaction came from whom, that's why poloniex required the use of this.

I think it would be useful for the GUI wallet to have a 64 hex character string generator and in the address book too for record keeping.

@ NEKOGAMI

there is your answer.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
HI
I am a new to dashcoin, and i just install my wallet and want to make transaction and i am confused what to do with id payment, can anyone explain to me how can i know what is my id payment or how to find it please
thank u Smiley

you can send coins without using payment id, if you will send coins to poloniex exchange, payment id is required though..

no, I mean generating payment ID from my PC, using our dashcoin wallet...I believe this is what NEKOGAMI is asking.

It's just a random hex string (well, doesn't have to be random, but it is a 64 character hex string). You can do it in a one-line function with python like:
Code:
# Generate random hex strings for payment id
def gen_paymentid():
   return ''.join([random.choice('0123456789ABCDEF') for x in range(64)])

Or you can use this website:
https://www.randomlists.com/random-hex
legendary
HI
thank u Smiley

legendary
the GUI wallet looks nice..

Dashcoin should be newbie friendly from now on.
Activity: 39
Community Update #4 - 4/15/16  - Wallet updates and Blocksize change

1) 1.0.10 - New Source and Wallet Links have been updated within the OP
2) New GUI wallet also available
3) Block size change from 20,000 to 100,000. Hard fork when 90% mine with the latest update. Will fix the issues with the unconfirmed transactions.
4) Some Eye Candy: Stats and Charts - http://democats.org/charts/?name=dashcoin
5) Contacting Exchanges

Thank you!

Activity: 649
Merit: 500
HI
thank u Smiley

legendary
BTW bytecoin has a new update.. please update dashcoin too
legendary
HI
thank u Smiley

Activity: 2
HI
thank u Smiley
legendary
Hi all,

I have one question about the worth of the DSH.
Where can I find out the worth of 1 DSH?
I found this page: http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency/coins/dash.

Is the above website the right one, or am I false?

I hope to get some more information.
Greetings, Deystorm

that page refers to DASH the former darkcoin former xcoin ... they copied dashcoin's name and tried to kill this coin hence the confusion around..

anyway there are two exchanges at the OP,

at poloniex the price is  0.002 XMR or 0.0000046 BTC (if your convert XMR to BTC)

at hitbtc the price is 0.000006 BTC

or somewhere around 0.002 $ per coin
Activity: 2
Hi all,

I have one question about the worth of the DSH.
Where can I find out the worth of 1 DSH?
I found this page: http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency/coins/dash.

Is the above website the right one, or am I false?

I hope to get some more information.
Greetings, Deystorm
Activity: 177
Merit: 100
Dashcoin is a good coin IMO and when more people realize this, the price has to go up. Supply and demand. It's a Cryptonote with no premine unlike Bytecoin. I mined this coin near the beginning and thought I was having issues upgrading to the new wallet when I brought my DSH out of cold storage. After it synced, everything showed up. Also, XMR has had a good rise recently and because DSH trades for XMR on POLO, the price is rising.   Grin

Activity: 414
Merit: 251
Any guesses for the reasons of DSH marketcap rise recently (in fiat and btc terms)?
Pages:
Jump to: