Pages:
Author

Topic: [DSH] Dashcoin (Cryptonote) UPDATE: New source/wallets+GUI - 1.0.10 - page 42. (Read 157860 times)

Activity: 614
Merit: 254
what's up with the hash rate? dash is not that expensive to be mined with a network hash rate of 160+KH

Huge pump and dump on poloniex.
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 1059
what's up with the hash rate? dash is not that expensive to be mined with a network hash rate of 160+KH
Activity: 614
Merit: 254
I already posted here question about bug in wallet. I cant send any amount because wallet is in stack mode.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=258bebt&s=8#.VX80o0aQ0-U I am using windows7 x64 .Same shit on
win8 x64

EDIT: I can send/receive with nongui version normaly.
legendary
I am researching the circumstances of and the justification for Darkcoin's change of name to 'Dash'. I have found some of the comments made in this thread interesting. I have also posted on the Dash Bitcoin Forum pages 5094-5097 regarding this and have received some responses.

I would invite anyone who can shed light on this matter to message me privately.

this link is from dashcoin's previous thread.. previous dev last post (feb 8, 2015) page 66, at page 67 some dashcoin community members learned of evan's purchase. it is a shorter read there from page 67 to 80 instead from darkcoin's thread, there are some info you might find interesting there.

start here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10393542
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
I am researching the circumstances of and the justification for Darkcoin's change of name to 'Dash'. I have found some of the comments made in this thread interesting. I have also posted on the Dash Bitcoin Forum pages 5094-5097 regarding this and have received some responses.

I would invite anyone who can shed light on this matter to message me privately.
legendary
Is Dashcoin on any other exchanges besides Poloniex XMR/DSH?

currently dashcoin is only traded at Poloniex
Activity: 278
Merit: 250
#hardworkpaysoff
Is Dashcoin on any other exchanges besides Poloniex XMR/DSH?
Activity: 350
It is certainly a coin to hold. I'm happy to see it being maintained by capable folks, Dashcoin at this point, because of the history, represents true decentralization more than being another cryptonote fork.
Activity: 278
#hardworkpaysoff
Interesting coin...definitely checking this one out.

I'm not a fan of Darkcoin aka DASH, I sold at its peak back in the day (like a pro for once) and never looked back.  I'd much rather support Dashcoin, especially when it is so undervalued.  Compare Dashcoin's value to Bytecoin's (which Dashcoin is a fork of) and notice that it is more than 100x less in price...that's pretty amazing considering Bytecoin's "mysterious" history.  DSH is extremely undervalued IMO...basically it is the real deal and not premined or conflicted like some of the others.  I prefer XDN at the moment but DSH could really grow some feet, fast.
Activity: 307
Just as I thought. It would seem that DARKcoin has a bad reputation and that's why they attempted to buy into DASHcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1123
Merit: 1000
SaluS - (SLS)
For more information on the Dashcoin vs Dash controversy:

https://soundcloud.com/supernetradio/coin-of-the-week-episode-7-hyperstake-hyp

Let's hope that common sense prevails.  Wink
legendary
... but the biggest vote for me comes from Dash (Darkcoin) itself, in buying Dashcoin's website and trying to usurp Dashcoin's name - they must value it!

the reasons i liked this coin is the name "dashcoin" i even called it dash, the very low cost of its maintenance, and it is the clone of the first cryptonote coin (bytecoin) which is still being developed and without the 82% premine...if the dashcoin community becomes bigger and fun, i would like dashcoin even more.

if dashcoin implements it 10000:1 coin reduction and enters BTC market, imagine the confusion darkcoin made...this thread will become really bloody when dash/darkcoin buddies enters here  Grin

On a legal note:

Was the name 'Dashcoin' trademarked? The answer would appear to be no.

If it was trademarked, in which countries was it trademarked? Dashcoin has global shareholders.

Were any other intellectual property rights secured on Dashcoin's first public use? The answer would appear not.

The Dashcoin blockchain was created by its shareholders i.e. those who owned, bought and traded with their own unique Dashcoin addresses. They are, it would seem, Dashcoin shareholders, using the name Dashcoin. They contributed to the Dashcoin web pages - and to the Dashcoin 'goodwill'.

Can any one person 'sell' Dashcoin? Not, I would imagine without the shareholder's consent, or without a proper legal framework being constructed.

Have the Darkcoin/Dash people used the altcoin name 'Dashcoin'? It would appear not, and that name is still being used by the original shareholders.

Here's where it gets interesting from a legal point of view. There is the Tort of 'passing off'. This is where the goodwill established in a name is used by a person, or an organisation, in a such way as to make others think that they are the original entity with the goodwill. One of the tests for passing off is confusion, where others think that the new user is the original entity with the goodwill. This 'misrepresentation' does not have to be intended - it just has to happen in a way to mislead the public's thinking (Still with me?!)

On the Poloniex chat facility today, there were several people who thought Dashcoin and Dash were one and the same. I did until recently. It could be argued that Darkcoin's re-emergence as Dash has caused 'confusion' and has in some form taken away some of the original Dashcoin's 'goodwill'. Therefore, it could be viewed that Dash (Darkcoin), by using the word 'Dash' has committed the the Tort of passing off.

If Darkcoin/Dash have any scruples, you would think they would back off and stop using the name Dash. Why is it so important that they have it? Why did they attempt to buy into the Dashcoin name?

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
Some possibility to integrate cryptonote qt wallet to dashcoin?
If anyone is wondering about the recent surge of interest in Dashcoin, here is one of the reasons - a SuperNet radio broadcast on the 'Coin of the Week'. Although HyperStake was the said coin of the week, Dashcoin was the only other coin mentioned ... and mentioned in very complimentary terms as the coin to watch.

Here are the details:

"Jon Prints is back with Hyperstake, a well tailored proof of stake experiment. (Plus DASHcoin, the little cryptonote that could...)"

Together with having Smooth on board, Monero's core developer, you are being noticed!
Keep up the good work. Wink

Jon said he is mining and playing with DASHcoin..... nice  Cheesy

he is right, you darkcoin/DASH people can't kill this coin  Wink  that's how crypto currencies work---decentralized..

I certainly hope that nobody tries to kill this coin, or they will have me to answer to! I've just invested £20 ($28) in it as a punt and bought a ton - it's ridiculously cheap at the moment with XMR pairing on Poloniex. I'm normally cautious about these things, but with all the things going for it I just had to give it a roll.

Dashcoin was the first and original. It makes you wonder why Dash had to change it's name from Darkcoin and dress itself in Dashcoin's clothing. Probably to hide a poor reputation and pass itself off as a more reputable coin - why else change the name? It also speaks volumes of Dash's (Darkcoin's) originality and creativity.

Dashcoin:
Ridiculously underpriced at the moment - Yes;
'The Coin to Watch', SuperNet radio - Yes;
Has Monero's core developer - Yes;

... but the biggest vote for me comes from Dash (Darkcoin) itself, in buying Dashcoin's website and trying to usurp Dashcoin's name - they must value it!
legendary
If anyone is wondering about the recent surge of interest in Dashcoin, here is one of the reasons - a SuperNet radio broadcast on the 'Coin of the Week'. Although HyperStake was the said coin of the week, Dashcoin was the only other coin mentioned ... and mentioned in very complimentary terms as the coin to watch.

Here are the details:

"Jon Prints is back with Hyperstake, a well tailored proof of stake experiment. (Plus DASHcoin, the little cryptonote that could...)"

Together with having Smooth on board, Monero's core developer, you are being noticed!

Jon said he is mining and playing with DASHcoin..... nice  Cheesy

he is right, you darkcoin/DASH people can't kill this coin  Wink  that's how crypto currencies work---decentralized..

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
DSH is starting to taking off in poloniex,  24 hr Volume: 1145 and 24hr High 0.00000055 xmr  Smiley

Here are the details:

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
hi! everyone, just started mining few days ago with DSH coin, i use GUI wallet. a bit confused at the beginning but managed to have my dashcoin. ok created two wallet inside the GUI client (or whatever you call it) all works.
somehow i experience crashing of the GUI, and that's the problem now i have trouble to open the the 2nd wallet that i created. pls. help, i tried whatever i think can do unfortunately NO LUCK... i can't open it.
the GUI says wait for the wallet to sync then after it synced enter my password click open wallet  it says after wallet disconnected. whew.... any idea or help appreciated.

try to open those wallets using the CLI wallet, there is a sub directory called "wallets" the files are in there.

i'm using CLI ever since, it is very reliable.

use the older version (version 1.0.2.358) of CLI since the gui wallet was made during the time when wallet files contain 3 files the *.bin, *.address.txt , and *.keys

link for wallet version 1.0.2.358 was in old dashcoin thread

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/dsh-dashcoin-cryptonote-automated-source-678232

here

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dashcoin/files/dashcoin-windows.zip/download

thanks for the reply Smiley...

[http://sourceforge.net/projects/dashcoin/files/dashcoin-windows.zip/download]
i tried this thing but still cant open it. i used two pc all windows 8.1 64bit.
i'll send you the wallet and open it yourself if you can open it its yours(no value), the mean thing thu. it need to open, what if the stakes is to big and this thing well happen,this is a challenge for me.Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: