Pages:
Author

Topic: Dutyfree.io - Buy cheap cigarettes with Bitcoin - page 12. (Read 146718 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
To me the same. I ordered on the 8th and received a shipping confirmation the same day, but I haven't received the cigarettes yet.
Normally the cigarettes are delivered within 1 - 1,5 weeks (to The Netherlands), but this time not unfortunately. I know the Terms & Conditions states it can take up to 4 - 5 weeks before the cigarettes are delivered, so I will wait a bit longer, but I am concerned the cigarettes aren't going to be delivered this time  Undecided
copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
Okay I will do the sums properly.  It will cost $119.31 per carton to get them out of customs.  Add that to the approx $43 that I already spent on the them and that adds up to $162.32 per carton.  So its actually about the same or even slightly dearer.  The only bonus is the cigarettes you sneak through without paying duty are a lot cheaper.
Hmmm, I mean they will be destroyed if you don't pay up, so you would tjus throw that money away. Not sure if you want that.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561
I would pay the $705. Even if it's only $1 cheaper. You would have spent that money on smokes anyway.

Okay I will do the sums properly.  It will cost $119.31 per carton to get them out of customs.  Add that to the approx $43 that I already spent on the them and that adds up to $162.32 per carton.  So its actually about the same or even slightly dearer.  The only bonus is the cigarettes you sneak through without paying duty are a lot cheaper.

Those $43 are gone either way, so you shouldn't be including it in calculation. And I'm guessing it's $43/per carton, not total. So 6 x $43 = $258.

I don't agree with Mitchełł though. I wouldn't be paying that. I would rather order another 14 cartons. With your current success rate @ 42.8% (providing those 2 missing cartons are intercepted as well), you'll receive at least 6 of them. Total cost would be 14 x $43 = $602. So still less than $705 you would have to pay the customs. And maybe OP would give you some special discount Wink
Activity: 725
Merit: 501
Boycott Qatar 2022
I would pay the $705. Even if it's only $1 cheaper. You would have spent that money on smokes anyway.

copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
Boycott Qatar 2022

Correct me if I'm wrong, but even if you pay the $705, am I right in assuming the price/pack ratio for those 6 cartons alone is still better compared to buying the same cigarettes offline?

It would work out slightly cheaper than buying at the shops but given the hassles its probably not worth the effort, as it would only work out about $1 a pack less than getting them at the local shops. 

At this stage it seems to be a toss up.  Pay $705 and get a guaranteed 6 cartons or put that $705 to buy more cartons and hope that more than 6 get through customs. 

I might just have to give up smoking.   Cry  Cry  Cry
Activity: 706
Merit: 500
Dutyfree.io – defying tobacco taxes since 2009.
This is my experience here so far.  I ordered a few cartons a couple of months ago and everything arrived within a couple of weeks no problems.  My last two orders I made in December were for 14 cartons.  So far I have received 6 cartons, customs has 6 cartons and still waiting on 2 more.

So do I pay the $705 to get them out of customs or just cut my losses there, ummm  I think I will just cut my losses.  According to the letter they sent the smokes will be destroyed and they wont send them back.  

So it seems the Australian customs do their job better than anywhere else.  The bastards...

Sorry to hear that. However given the context this sort of outcome is kindof expected, not to say desired. Australian customs really are fucking tough, and we write about this on the checkout page. Fingers crossed for the remaining 2 cartons though.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but even if you pay the $705, am I right in assuming the price/pack ratio for those 6 cartons alone is still better compared to buying the same cigarettes offline?

@only - what actually happens when cigs are seized? Can customs send them back to you? Does recipient need to request them to be sent back to sender? Or does it depend on the country?

They do send them back to sender, the only exceptions being the UK, Australia and New Zealand - it seems like the customs in these three countries have spotted our little workaround since they only recently started the practice of destroying the cigarettes if the duty isn't paid.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561
This is my experience here so far.  I ordered a few cartons a couple of months ago and everything arrived within a couple of weeks no problems.  My last two orders I made in December were for 14 cartons.  So far I have received 6 cartons, customs has 6 cartons and still waiting on 2 more.

So do I pay the $705 to get them out of customs or just cut my losses there, ummm  I think I will just cut my losses.  According to the letter they sent the smokes will be destroyed and they wont send them back. 

$705 for 6 cartons? Don't pay that. Assuming the success rate to Australia is at least 50%, you'll be better off using that money to buy again.

@only - what actually happens when cigs are seized? Can customs send them back to you? Does recipient need to request them to be sent back to sender? Or does it depend on the country?

So it seems the Australian customs do their job better than anywhere else.  The bastards...

Yeah, I've seen 'borderforce Australia' on TV, they don't fuck around.
Boycott Qatar 2022
This is my experience here so far.  I ordered a few cartons a couple of months ago and everything arrived within a couple of weeks no problems.  My last two orders I made in December were for 14 cartons.  So far I have received 6 cartons, customs has 6 cartons and still waiting on 2 more.

So do I pay the $705 to get them out of customs or just cut my losses there, ummm  I think I will just cut my losses.  According to the letter they sent the smokes will be destroyed and they wont send them back. 

So it seems the Australian customs do their job better than anywhere else.  The bastards...
Thanks only, I have responded to your latest email.

Order re-shipped, apologies for the inconvenience!
Activity: 33
Thanks only, I have responded to your latest email.
@only did you receive my email?

Thanks

Just replied - we'll reship it to you free of charge, as promised.

I'm not panicking just keeping the topic up to date as to what's happening.  It's a minor pet peeve of mine when the tracked delivery thing is brought up because it is needlessly expensive and provides an easy out but whatevs.

It provides traceability, but indeed, sorry for being silly and bringing it up.

+10 days.  No cigarettes.  No additional communication from only.
order date Nov 11 '15

My previous reply still holds - I will get back to you when (and if) your untracked order gets back to us.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
I'm not panicking just keeping the topic up to date as to what's happening.  It's a minor pet peeve of mine when the tracked delivery thing is brought up because it is needlessly expensive and provides an easy out but whatevs.

+10 days.  No cigarettes.  No additional communication from only.
order date Nov 11 '15
@only did you receive my email?

Thanks

legendary
I'm not panicking just keeping the topic up to date as to what's happening.  It's a minor pet peeve of mine when the tracked delivery thing is brought up because it is needlessly expensive and provides an easy out but whatevs.
@only thanks for the explanation - these things happen! You can understand our concern though, but like I said before I've never had any prior issues with you before. Unfortunately though I don't appear to have received your email?

Edit: just received the email!
Hey everyone, apologies for the f-ed up delay in responding - I was on holiday and missed my flight + another unfortunate event.

pawel7777, Mitchełł - thanks for checking in, I hope you enjoy your smokes Smiley

dcrdev - just replied to your email, sorry again for taking the time to reply.

iglasses - as per my last private message sent to you, I will get right back to you once we hear something back from the post office. Unfortunately you didn't choose the tracked delivery option, so please prepare to wait as long as it takes. If there are no updates from the post office, we will have to wait until the parcel comes back to us. You've received 40+ cartons from us in the past, so I really don't understand why you panic so much.

benik1 - thanks so much for your kind words!
Activity: 12
I agree with pawel7777. I am a customer of only from the moment he was only active at the dark net and I ordered cigarettes from him every month ever since. I haven't had any problems with delivery and only replies to emails mostly within 24 hours. I advise you to wait a little bit longer. I am sure only will address the issues as soon as possible.

?

And you registered on the site just to post that huh?

only - Last Active - today 9:21 (last post 12/25)
benik1   Registered today - 8:45
            Last Active - 9:45

WOW...what an amazing coincidence!

You don't have to be sarcastic.
I had some problems logging in to my previous account here on Bitcoin Talk (my account was blocked for some reason after a few failed logins), so I had to register a new account. I am not some person hired by only to give him fake positive reviews if that is what you are implying.
I just wanted to say that my experiences with only are positive so far and that I don't think he is trying to scam people.
And I would like to advise you, iglasses, to not judge people before you know the complete story.

EDIT: If you want proof, here it is:

http://i66.tinypic.com/35kvhub.png

As I already thought, only has replied as seen in the post below.
And yes this IS by coincidence. So you are right iglasses Wink
legendary
I agree with pawel7777. I am a customer of only from the moment he was only active at the dark net and I ordered cigarettes from him every month ever since. I haven't had any problems with delivery and only replies to emails mostly within 24 hours. I advise you to wait a little bit longer. I am sure only will address the issues as soon as possible.

?

And you registered on the site just to post that huh?

only - Last Active - today 9:21 (last post 12/25)
benik1   Registered today - 8:45
            Last Active - 9:45

WOW...what an amazing coincidence!
Pages:
Jump to: