Pages:
Author

Topic: Dwarf FPGA – the anti-ASIC - page 16. (Read 43440 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 8
June 26, 2018, 06:07:22 AM
Why are so many off the topic comments. What happened to the scammers and those who got scammed.
Activity: 92
Merit: 16
June 26, 2018, 04:57:40 AM
I think I'm more excited about building a little tower of these as a project, than actually mining: something like this:

(I'm too new to embed images)

i dont know what exactly that is or what it does but i want one

It is a "cluster" of raspberry PI....
I build one with Docker swarm but have nothing to do with FPGA or mining.

You could easily sell that rack for possibly this or even other applications just like the multiple raspberry pi’s ... just sayin ... I would buy one 😉
Activity: 171
Merit: 10
June 26, 2018, 03:45:37 AM
I dont think this is a random increase.
I'm quite sure that the card do exist

For me XMR diff increase du to the price of ETH / XMR. It is just more profitable to mine Cryptonight algo (less PWR) at the moment with GPU RIG (AMD)
Activity: 171
June 26, 2018, 03:40:03 AM
I think I'm more excited about building a little tower of these as a project, than actually mining: something like this:

(I'm too new to embed images)

i dont know what exactly that is or what it does but i want one

It is a "cluster" of raspberry PI....
I build one with Docker swarm but have nothing to do with FPGA or mining.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
June 26, 2018, 02:51:10 AM
3LJUoipysSk5TtgweFf3S3NkT1YRU1x4Vi

this was the btc account i paid to

how do we go about tracking them ? or know the more or less location of this address ?
Activity: 182
Merit: 11
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 26, 2018, 02:25:14 AM

if i remember correctly, someone said before...they were in driving distance to the scammers ?

Don't have time to backread but anyone claiming that would probably related to the scammers or would be a sock-puppet account to further shill their fake product. I am truly sorry for those who fell victim to this scam and hope that in one way or another you get your money back.

As always, make sure you do the necessary research before investing into anything.
Activity: 557
Merit: 5
June 26, 2018, 02:21:04 AM
so this is it hu. no more reply.

if i remember correctly, someone said before...they were in driving distance to the scammers ?

maybe you can share their location ?

He asked for their location because they are in Spain but of course they didn'y replied so : location unknown (but btc can check their IP and we can have an approximative location if they didn't use a proxy)
Activity: 12
June 26, 2018, 01:13:08 AM
so this is it hu. no more reply.

maybe you can share their location ?

Activity: 475
Merit: 265
Ooh La La, C'est Zoom!
June 26, 2018, 01:00:20 AM

Also remember that a VCU is full of stuff which are completely useless for mining because it's not it's primary role.

Any guess what VCU is capable of for Monero mining?

Why would you ask that in here? Go to the discord channel

I am not asking, I am questioning his assumption regarding VCU.

That question doesn't belong in this thread, which is why it was suggested that you ask the question in either another message thread on BCT, or in the discord for the device.
Activity: 41
Merit: 1
June 25, 2018, 07:01:10 PM

Also remember that a VCU is full of stuff which are completely useless for mining because it's not it's primary role.

I am not asking, I am questioning his assumption regarding VCU.
Activity: 56
June 25, 2018, 06:57:12 PM

June 25, 2018, 06:36:03 PM

June 25, 2018, 06:34:20 PM
for the moment
the increase is seen
XMR network global hashrate increase from 400Mhs to 470Mhs in 2 days
ETN network global hashrate increase from 90Mhs to 180Mhs in 2 days
it has to be asic guys again or somebody is "testing" FPGA boards  maybe dwarfminers Smiley

you might check out
https://www.cryptunit.com/
for all cryptonight V7 coins
It's also indeed possible that bitmain developped a new ASIC. The new algorithm is far from being very different from the previous one so they do not have much to do to design a new chip as the architecture of the board can remain the same.
Activity: 4
Merit: 8
June 25, 2018, 06:32:00 PM
for the moment
the increase is seen
XMR network global hashrate increase from 400Mhs to 470Mhs in 2 days
ETN network global hashrate increase from 90Mhs to 180Mhs in 2 days
it has to be asic guys again or somebody is "testing" FPGA boards  maybe dwarfminers Smiley

you might check out
https://www.cryptunit.com/
for all cryptonight V7 coins
June 25, 2018, 06:27:25 PM

These are either ASIC's or well programmed VCU1525's. You cannot get 7KH from that small board.
The increase just starts when the batch is supposed to be delivered by the chinese factory ? That's quite a coincidence...
If you check the whole trade, at a point there are some comments saying that this is possible because this card is not exactly an FPGA nor an ASIC. It's a FPGA because it has a FPGA in it but it's closer to an ASIC because it cannot mine anything you want due to the architecture of the board.
It has (well it's supposed to) an AES acceleration chip so the FPGA itself doesn't have a lot to do.
The part that is a bit astonishing is the power consumption as it is (well it's supposed to be) 20% more efficient than bitmain crpytonight miners.
June 25, 2018, 06:15:07 PM

These are either ASIC's or well programmed VCU1525's. You cannot get 7KH from that small board.
June 25, 2018, 06:11:08 PM
Activity: 254
Merit: 11
Call 811 before you dig
June 25, 2018, 06:07:51 PM
This thread will be a lesson to people for years to come. I hope that people will read this thread before making this type of mistakes.

Nope. It'll happen again within three months.   P.T. Barnum had no idea.
Activity: 64
Activity: 91
June 25, 2018, 05:54:57 PM
Relax, relax.  Everything had to come down in preparation for the re-branding effort:  Dwarfpod FPGA Miner Mk. II -- better, faster, cheaper.  :-)

DwarfMiner: Episode II - Attack of the Clones ?  Cool
Pages:
Jump to: