Pages:
Author

Topic: Dwarf FPGA – the anti-ASIC - page 20. (Read 43440 times)

Activity: 195
Merit: 15
June 23, 2018, 01:48:46 PM
i got a mail from them. new dedline Monday. they said will start shipping........ Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
June 23, 2018, 01:47:24 PM
When i see that they made super discount like that for 20pcs, 25 per cent of the price? i really have doubt now.
My friend wanted to buy a hundred. They offered to pay 10%. This is an prepayment, not a discount.
He did not buy in the end.

Think about this for a minute. DwarfMiner can finance 90% of the production cost out of their own pocket. Why do they need to do this preorder bullshit at all? They could just do a run of 5000 units and sell on a product-in-hand-ships-tomorrow basis.

Again, why would a supposedly legit business do everything possible to look like a scam?

They said earlier in the thread they paid for production up front, as an answer to why the coins are still in the wallet I paid to. Smiley

Even better then. So we're supposed to believe that they financed ~ $1 million or whatever it cost them out of their own pocket, but had to do a scammy pre-order because reasons.
Activity: 324
Merit: 250
June 23, 2018, 01:33:19 PM
When i see that they made super discount like that for 20pcs, 25 per cent of the price? i really have doubt now.
My friend wanted to buy a hundred. They offered to pay 10%. This is an prepayment, not a discount.

Think about this for a minute. DwarfMiner can finance 90% of the production cost out of their own pocket. Why do they need to do this preorder bullshit at all? They could just do a run of 5000 units and sell on a product-in-hand-ships-tomorrow basis.

Again, why would a supposedly legit business do everything possible to look like a scam?

They said earlier in the thread they paid for production up front, as an answer to why the coins are still in the wallet I paid to. Smiley
legendary
June 23, 2018, 12:41:42 PM

Activity: 64
Merit: 1
June 23, 2018, 12:08:37 PM
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
June 22, 2018, 07:07:06 PM
Oh ok i misunderstood, sorry.

I'm still praying, as I've ordered 16 of these fuckers..
Did you pay the whole lot?
I bought 20, but paid only 25%. They themselves offered to pay less...

Hello,

I'm a new user on this forum but i'm watching this thread since the beginning.
I ordered one piece of this famous miner.
Let's see:
They sold 20 miners for 25 per cent of the price to one guy = around 1500 euros
They sold 16 miners (full price) to another guy = around 4800 euros
Let's say it's already abnormal? (why so much discount if you're sure of the mining capability of your product guys?)
If you really got the batch in your hands right now, why don't you post a picture of them on this forum, to "reassure" your customers?
Thx and regards!

Its not a discount, its only the upfront payment, rest to be paid on disptach/delivery.
Activity: 531
Merit: 29
June 22, 2018, 06:58:01 PM

Hello,

Let's see:
Let's say it's already abnormal? (why so much discount if you're sure of the mining capability of your product guys?)
If you really got the batch in your hands right now, why don't you post a picture of them on this forum, to "reassure" your customers?
Thx and regards!

Its not a discount, its only the upfront payment, rest to be paid on disptach/delivery.
Activity: 3
June 22, 2018, 06:55:02 PM

Hello,

Let's see:
Thx and regards!

Activity: 327
Merit: 100
June 22, 2018, 06:20:52 PM
On https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3688965.740 Senseless did not made any response between the 16 and the 19 then not reponse between the 19 and the 21.
I dont remember seeing you claiming it was a scam because 3 days passed without any news.
AFAIK, nothing has been shipped yet by FPGALand as well...
Not keeping the 18 of June or friday as said (not promised) is no proof of a scam. Delay are pretty common in that field.
Our last purchase from HP worth around $150000 got a one week delay. We did not sent an email to the sales rep to tell them that they were trying to scam us.
If there is no news by this week then it will become pretty obvious. ATM my scam % meter is raised to 80% because there is no news and China factory is probably closed now.

DwarfMiner is not HP and not even fpga.land. Senseless is a real person and they haven't promised to ship on the 18th or on "Friday". That said, I would not recommend paying fpga.land, or any new vendor, via irreversible payment methods or at least without doing some serious due diligence, including contacting them in person, contacting Xilinx, etc.

Please don't invoke false equivalences here and don't provide any hint of legitimacy to DwarfMiner. They might still be contacting customers with unpaid orders or doing some other shady shit so you'd be helping a scam if that's the case. Right now they are firmly 100% in the "scam until conclusively proven otherwise" territory. Two deadlines have been missed, completely anonymous vendor, no proof the product has ever existed.

Also, I haven't been following the other thread as closely but has senseless actually taken any payments from people?

Yes. Preorder for August. They did accept PayPal briefly, had some issues, so not sure what to think of that. But there are ways to do some due diligence on them. They are not an anonymous Spanish/Ukrainian/Chinese/Russian/Latvian "developer" with a magic FPGA.

Its risky to buy anything that hasn't been properly introduced and tested by at least a few people. Just sayin.
Not calling anyone a scammer or anything, but i have my doubts, even about the FPGA's, what can they mine and how fast, can they even run 24/7 without malfunctions etc. Smiley
Activity: 489
Merit: 253
June 22, 2018, 06:06:18 PM
A tracking number is what people want for starters
Activity: 92
Merit: 16
June 22, 2018, 05:37:49 PM

another one

What does that mean? Nicolas "July" Garcia said words? We've seen words before. Get an actual physical functional product into the hands of a reputable forum member, then we can reconsider if this shitshow is an outright scam or just a regular clusterfuck.

Someone else receive that email ? Or only newbie commenting this thread

I got the same email today too when I asked about trying to watch for my tracking info since website is down. Seems to be a stamped reply to all. My question is ... did this reply only come to those who sent in an email today or recently or even to those who have sent nothing since they ordered and received invoice email? If those who only got an invoice email got this reply too without following up then it is positive that OP is keeping track of their orders IMO.
Activity: 966
Merit: 359
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
June 22, 2018, 04:42:45 PM
I've got the same e-mail that they will send asap Smiley
Activity: 531
Merit: 29
June 22, 2018, 04:33:34 PM
@everyone - don't fill up will popcorn, I am preparing crow for desert Cheesy
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
June 22, 2018, 04:00:31 PM
I got it as well.
Can only hope for the best...
Activity: 17
June 22, 2018, 03:50:20 PM
we have discord group as buyers,

two of us , got these emails
Activity: 557
Merit: 5
June 22, 2018, 03:41:50 PM

another one

What does that mean? Nicolas "July" Garcia said words? We've seen words before. Get an actual physical functional product into the hands of a reputable forum member, then we can reconsider if this shitshow is an outright scam or just a regular clusterfuck.

Haven't received anything but i didn't wrote to them.
For people not speaking spanish the guy asked : The 18 of june is behind us and we have no information whatesoever about shipping. Is everything fine ?
Activity: 67
June 22, 2018, 03:37:31 PM

Activity: 262
Merit: 101
June 22, 2018, 03:29:38 PM
Very strange at all...
legendary
June 22, 2018, 03:27:28 PM

another one

Pages:
Jump to: