Pages:
Author

Topic: Dwarf FPGA – the anti-ASIC - page 17. (Read 43440 times)

Activity: 41
Merit: 1
June 25, 2018, 05:32:55 PM
This thread will be a lesson to people for years to come. I hope that people will read this thread before making this type of mistakes.
Activity: 168
Merit: 2
June 25, 2018, 05:01:22 PM
Is the drama is already started or we just waiting for another twist?  Grin
This will be really interesting to watch really, especially if it really legit. But yeah, big red flag is on the way already so...
TGJ
Activity: 173
Merit: 5
June 25, 2018, 04:51:55 PM

There were people who had only been asked to pay a portion of the balance on large orders.  If they were sending out emails to everyone saying it was shipping and people were posting here in the thread that they were getting these emails it makes it more likely they can get those people to pay the remaining balance on those large orders.

But people who paid only a portion of the order will definitely not pay now. Noone has received any email regarding the shipping or requesting the missing balance on their order.
As I said, i'll give untill the end of the week but it's start to be pretty clear what is happening :-/ (in particular deleting EVERYTHING even thing which has no reason to be deleted like the pictures on mega.co.nz)
It’s just now starting to become clear to you??
Activity: 557
June 25, 2018, 04:44:32 PM

There were people who had only been asked to pay a portion of the balance on large orders.  If they were sending out emails to everyone saying it was shipping and people were posting here in the thread that they were getting these emails it makes it more likely they can get those people to pay the remaining balance on those large orders.

But people who paid only a portion of the order will definitely not pay now. Noone has received any email regarding the shipping or requesting the missing balance on their order.
As I said, i'll give untill the end of the week but it's start to be pretty clear what is happening :-/ (in particular deleting EVERYTHING even thing which has no reason to be deleted like the pictures on mega.co.nz)
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
June 25, 2018, 03:57:03 PM
Indeed, a one week period should be more than enough from now on to know exactly the situation "scam or not scam"
however : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz6buvT87nX-NuEkfcrNQGg
This channel does not exist...
Hmmm removing the videos is one thing, removing an empty channel is another...
Also ALL pictures hosted on mega plateform are now gone. This is also a pointless act if all of this was legit.

I just don't understand why they kept replying to email even after the sale was closed

Activity: 148
Merit: 9
Contact [email protected] for our FPGA miner info!
June 25, 2018, 03:36:20 PM

that's my threads  Wink
we will send test boards to members for testing once available, keep my fingers crossed
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
June 25, 2018, 01:28:39 PM
there's another thread about an fpga with similar price & specs as far as I could tell as the dwarf.

the price drop depending on orders sound logical but can be another lure to attract buyers.

if that is a real project or not, I don't know.

link...not that I'm going to believe them either without someone from the forum testing a unit... with a legit video

and demo to boot

gvb
Activity: 140
June 25, 2018, 12:05:30 PM
there's another thread about an fpga with similar price & specs as far as I could tell as the dwarf.

the price drop depending on orders sound logical but can be another lure to attract buyers.

if that is a real project or not, I don't know.

legendary
Activity: 4354
Merit: 3614
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
June 25, 2018, 11:59:00 AM

Oh well at least I should receive two BCU1525 in August, this should make up for this loss if the market doesn't continue to tumble down

keyword: should.

thats if allminer/mineority isnt a scam too. not that i personally think it is but they could have supplyline problems, hardware/software delays, whatever. roi? who knows. maybe kiss 3.6k usd goodbye, maybe not. always dyor

full disclosure: i ordered a bcu1525/16gig. but this dwarfminer? geez, was not tempted in the slightest, stuff was so out of whack.
June 25, 2018, 11:44:04 AM
It's so easy to scam you people. That's why scams will never end. With every successful scam, scammers are just encouraged to make a new one.
Stop making scammers rich and think with clear head for once.  Roll Eyes

Oh well at least I should receive two BCU1525 in August, this should make up for this loss if the market doesn't continue to tumble down
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
June 25, 2018, 11:17:33 AM
It's so easy to scam you people. That's why scams will never end. With every successful scam, scammers are just encouraged to make a new one.
Stop making scammers rich and think with clear head for once.  Roll Eyes
gvb
June 25, 2018, 11:12:44 AM
I just don't understand why they kept replying to email even after the sale was closed

to keep the faith high?

I suggest you collect all info/evidence and put it in a file. if your toy never arrives file a complaint at your country's cyber crime unit.
They are obligated to investigate it (check out the domain name registration, mail headers, IP addresses etc)

If it will ever lead to a payback I don't know, it might reach a dead end soon if they used vpn's or other ways to hide actual IP info.
If you don't do it chances are even less.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
June 25, 2018, 10:49:47 AM
This forum should have some kind of mechanism to protect the users from these scams. This way bitcointalk and it`s moderators are accomplices in the scam.

Yeah lets let the gov regulate it here that way we know we're safe.
Activity: 312
Merit: 104
June 25, 2018, 09:54:42 AM

But if you would like to propose a solution (a real one, with implementation details and all) do it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=24.0

Sure, here it is - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/scam-gate-4542153
June 25, 2018, 09:48:26 AM

I don't think the forum can be held responsible for people willing to buy a cat in a bag even when being warned continiously.

On the other hand why would moderators put a lock on something that might still be something real since it's still in "production process"?
if it's real some will review it as valid hardware if not or if it doesn't arrive I guess they will lock it and mark it as scam.

Indeed, a one week period should be more than enough from now on to know exactly the situation "scam or not scam"
however : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz6buvT87nX-NuEkfcrNQGg
This channel does not exist...
Hmmm removing the videos is one thing, removing an empty channel is another...
Also ALL pictures hosted on mega plateform are now gone. This is also a pointless act if all of this was legit.

gvb
June 25, 2018, 09:27:34 AM
You can play dumb if you like and keep that semi philosophical attitude. The truth is that people got scammed and this forum let (by taking no action - helped) that person scam others. If there is no sufficient proof of existence of said device, thread locked, person banned. What we have here is a 40+ pages scammy thread.

I don't think the forum can be held responsible for people willing to buy a cat in a bag even when being warned continiously.

On the other hand why would moderators put a lock on something that might still be something real since it's still in "production process"?
if it's real some will review it as valid hardware if not or if it doesn't arrive I guess they will lock it and mark it as scam.

Activity: 324
Merit: 250
June 25, 2018, 09:26:53 AM
There is no point blaming the forum/others for our greed, man up and take it!  Cool
Its not the forum admin's job to protect your money!

That being said, it would be nice if we tried to make it harder for the scammer to cash out.
Any point in releasing BTC addresses? I guess it isnt possible to report scams somewhere so that the exchanges can be aware of funds coming from X wallet?

Activity: 41
Merit: 1
June 25, 2018, 09:02:42 AM
GAME OVER

Yes game over. A guy just become millionaire by doing a very small scam.
Activity: 195
Merit: 15
June 25, 2018, 08:52:26 AM
GAME OVER
Pages:
Jump to: