Pages:
Author

Topic: Dwarf FPGA – the anti-ASIC - page 18. (Read 43440 times)

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
June 25, 2018, 08:51:13 AM
This forum should have some kind of mechanism to protect the users from these scams. This way bitcointalk and it`s moderators are accomplices in the scam.
I like that approach. Let's all get scammed and blame the forums for it! It's like a capital protected structured investment! What could possibly go wrong? Cheesy
You can play dumb if you like and keep that semi philosophical attitude. The truth is that people got scammed and this forum let (by taking no action - helped) that person scam others. If there is no sufficient proof of existence of said device, thread locked, person banned. What we have here is a 40+ pages scammy thread.

And you're bumping this thread trying to deflect blame. The scammer scams, not the forum. There were plenty of warnings that a locked thread would have prevented from being posted. If someone decides to send money to crooks despite all the red flags and warnings and common sense - that's not really a problem with the forum. That's like blaming the post office for sending you the lottery win scams.

But if you would like to propose a solution (a real one, with implementation details and all) do it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=24.0

Activity: 312
Merit: 104
June 25, 2018, 08:06:43 AM
This forum should have some kind of mechanism to protect the users from these scams. This way bitcointalk and it`s moderators are accomplices in the scam.
I like that approach. Let's all get scammed and blame the forums for it! It's like a capital protected structured investment! What could possibly go wrong? Cheesy
You can play dumb if you like and keep that semi philosophical attitude. The truth is that people got scammed and this forum let (by taking no action - helped) that person scam others. If there is no sufficient proof of existence of said device, thread locked, person banned. What we have here is a 40+ pages scammy thread.
Activity: 420
Merit: 184
June 25, 2018, 07:36:16 AM

The forum already does have a mechanism to protect against scams: the loud and frequent warnings from high ranked members who have seen this play out many times before. If you didn't heed their warnings, well, you can't say you weren't warned in the first place.

There is also a legal reason for not attempting to block /possible/ scams - if the forum is not 100% effective at blocking them they could be held liable for implicitly backing any that slipped through (because plaintiffs would argue they thought the scam was legit since the forum didn't get rid of it).

But, IANAL, so... don't rely on that one for your defense.

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
June 25, 2018, 07:35:00 AM
Activity: 312
Merit: 104
June 25, 2018, 07:31:35 AM
Activity: 557
Merit: 5
June 25, 2018, 07:18:37 AM
was there a Gawminers logo anywhere on this FPGA device?

No, just an actual Dwarf Smiley

https://imgur.com/a/SPJ19Rx
I hope we wont receive an actual Dwarf because I dont have any room left. It's already taken by Snow White
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
June 25, 2018, 07:09:44 AM
was there a Gawminers logo anywhere on this FPGA device?

No, just an actual Dwarf Smiley

https://imgur.com/a/SPJ19Rx
Activity: 364
Merit: 106
ONe Social Network.
June 25, 2018, 05:44:50 AM
So he has stopped replying here ?

When will the entertainment start  Tongue

its going on all the time bro Grin
Activity: 252
Merit: 8
June 25, 2018, 05:27:37 AM
So he has stopped replying here ?

When will the entertainment start  Tongue
Activity: 262
Merit: 101
June 25, 2018, 04:05:35 AM
We will never see one of that things.
Activity: 128
Merit: 9
June 25, 2018, 03:37:42 AM
I see the Dwarf website is down and their youtube channel has been deleted?

Ah yes - the exit strategy.

Seems likely!

BTC moved on saturday as well.. Tongue

What was the BTC address of the Dwarf?

Each address was different. There was an individual address for every different order
Activity: 74
Merit: 0
June 25, 2018, 02:33:40 AM

Seems likely!

What was the BTC address of the Dwarf?
Activity: 186
Merit: 4
June 25, 2018, 12:52:41 AM
greedisgood Cheesy
Activity: 324
Merit: 250
June 24, 2018, 11:17:37 PM

Seems likely!

Activity: 430
Merit: 22
Professional user
June 24, 2018, 07:14:13 PM
LOL scammers have their easy and confortable way here
Activity: 154
Merit: 37
June 24, 2018, 05:36:51 PM

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
June 24, 2018, 05:31:53 PM
Activity: 64
Merit: 1
June 24, 2018, 03:30:51 PM

I don't doubt that there are those who were asked to pay only a portion of the full amount who are now being asked to pay the rest.
"You will pay the rest when it is sent" - she wrote.
I did not receive a surcharge request yet. Has anyone got it?
Activity: 92
Merit: 16
June 24, 2018, 01:08:03 PM
Does anyone have pictures of the power layout on the board and the molex adapter shown that was supposed to come with the unit? Thanks in advance.

https://imgur.com/a/r7FlygD

There's an album I just made of  the pics they uploaded

Even better too ... thanks all
Activity: 92
Merit: 16
June 24, 2018, 01:03:36 PM
Does anyone have pictures of the power layout on the board and the molex adapter shown that was supposed to come with the unit? Thanks in advance.

They said a connector would be included, but they didn't promise it would be exactly like this. This is from the end of video #4:

https://imgur.com/a/A2zraCh

It will probably just have bare wires on one end: can't imagine they'd bother with the heatshrink.

Thank you ... that is the picture I was looking for.
Pages:
Jump to: