Pages:
Author

Topic: Dwarf FPGA – the anti-ASIC - page 21. (Read 43440 times)

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
June 22, 2018, 03:01:56 PM

Completely unfair comparisons.  Dwarf is a noob with zero reputation.  The hardware in both of the comparison instances you site is absolutely known to exist.

Also, I haven't been following the other thread as closely but has senseless actually taken any payments from people?

Of course it's not the same thing.
I'm just pointing the fact that just because the OP doesn't respond for two days is not a valid argument for raising the "it's a scam !" flag

I'm sorry...I should have  been clearer....my view is that this is now the tail end of the scam on this thread ...traditionally the OP then just 'disappears'

thus I'm saying from a 'unicorn spotting point of view' that I suspect he has ridden his unicorn and scam riches over the hill in the dead of night and

will not post anymore...thus the

2 days and counting comment

maybe, I'm wrong, just sticking a stick in the ground stating this as a guess...we will see

but again, if it as I suspect the 'end game' of the scam..the OP is cleaning up loose ends and will abandon this avatar and move on to other scams

so I am claiming 'black hole end of the scam started 2 days ago' by my claim ...oops, he is gone! We will see if I am correct or premature on this.

But in the past, it is how they roll..the scammers and fake threaders of bitcointalk

brad

this is getting stranger

if this is true, there will be many posts of memes of me 'eating crow' on this thread as a result and such comments as "yo verily, I did not believe, etc...

I doubt it, but hope for the sake of those who got units I'm wrong and will happily 'eat crow' for such folk....again, I dont' think so, we will see.

legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
June 22, 2018, 11:31:25 AM

Completely unfair comparisons.  Dwarf is a noob with zero reputation.  The hardware in both of the comparison instances you site is absolutely known to exist.

Also, I haven't been following the other thread as closely but has senseless actually taken any payments from people?

I'm just pointing the fact that just because the OP doesn't respond for two days is not a valid argument for raising the "it's a scam !" flag

Yes I agree.  Two days of not posting is nothing really.  But given all the other red flags, the lack of updates looks like a larger scam warning then it would otherwise appear to be.  I mean at this point we are on defcon 1 scam warning.  All of the warning lights are flashing.  So in this specific situation, two days of no posting looks much more problematic than it would without all the other factors.

Honestly though, I understand that you personally want to keep your hopes up for obvious reasons, but every post you make about how maybe it isn't a scam, maybe we shouldn't be making a big deal, maybe it's really legit, risks helping the OP scam more people or scam the same people for more money.  That's probably why you are getting pushback on anything that looks remotely supportive.  The time now is to just wait it out without giving the OP any credit at all, because so far, no credit has been earned.
Activity: 557
Merit: 5
June 22, 2018, 11:13:31 AM

Completely unfair comparisons.  Dwarf is a noob with zero reputation.  The hardware in both of the comparison instances you site is absolutely known to exist.

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
June 22, 2018, 10:59:36 AM
On https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3688965.740 Senseless did not made any response between the 16 and the 19 then not reponse between the 19 and the 21.
I dont remember seeing you claiming it was a scam because 3 days passed without any news.
AFAIK, nothing has been shipped yet by FPGALand as well...
Not keeping the 18 of June or friday as said (not promised) is no proof of a scam. Delay are pretty common in that field.
Our last purchase from HP worth around $150000 got a one week delay. We did not sent an email to the sales rep to tell them that they were trying to scam us.
If there is no news by this week then it will become pretty obvious. ATM my scam % meter is raised to 80% because there is no news and China factory is probably closed now.

DwarfMiner is not HP and not even fpga.land. Senseless is a real person and they haven't promised to ship on the 18th or on "Friday". That said, I would not recommend paying fpga.land, or any new vendor, via irreversible payment methods or at least without doing some serious due diligence, including contacting them in person, contacting Xilinx, etc.

Please don't invoke false equivalences here and don't provide any hint of legitimacy to DwarfMiner. They might still be contacting customers with unpaid orders or doing some other shady shit so you'd be helping a scam if that's the case. Right now they are firmly 100% in the "scam until conclusively proven otherwise" territory. Two deadlines have been missed, completely anonymous vendor, no proof the product has ever existed.

Yes. Preorder for August. They did accept PayPal briefly, had some issues, so not sure what to think of that. But there are ways to do some due diligence on them. They are not an anonymous Spanish/Ukrainian/Chinese/Russian/Latvian "developer" with a magic FPGA.

legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
June 22, 2018, 10:58:48 AM
I think Dwarfminer has left the thread

last on 6/20/18

2 days gone and counting...

(such a scam..beyond any doubt) Sad

Really? A scam? if only there were some warning...

yeah, I know, I mention this often...but it is sooooooo fluffy a scam! (I mean talk about imaginary unicorns!)

hard to resist...

anyway, countdown dwarfminer has been gone 2 days...will he return with more bullsh*t or will he now disappear?

(damn, I really need a life)

brad

On https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3688965.740 Senseless did not made any response between the 16 and the 19 then not reponse between the 19 and the 21.
I dont remember seeing you claiming it was a scam because 3 days passed without any news.
Not keeping the 18 of June or friday as said (not promised) is no proof of a scam. Delay are pretty common in that field.
Our last purchase from HP worth around $150000 got a one week delay. We did not sent an email to the sales rep to tell them that they were trying to scam us.
If there is no news by this week then it will become pretty obvious. ATM my scam % meter is raised to 80% because there is no news and China factory is probably closed now.

Completely unfair comparisons.  Dwarf is a noob with zero reputation.  The hardware in both of the comparison instances you site is absolutely known to exist.

Activity: 324
Merit: 250
June 22, 2018, 10:32:53 AM
I'm still praying, as I've ordered 16 of these fuckers..
Did you pay the whole lot?
I bought 20, but paid only 25%. They themselves offered to pay less...

I did pay the whole amount, but they didnt want to sell me more than 4 initially. I should have taken the warning!

Ey OP, if you read this: please return 75% of the btc, dont want to scam people unfairly now do we?

Activity: 736
Merit: 262
Me, Myself & I
June 22, 2018, 10:17:05 AM

You just gained 75%. Lucky You.   Roll Eyes
Activity: 64
Merit: 1
June 22, 2018, 09:47:07 AM
To be honest, I think the product is legit but the team can definitely run away with the funds and they will be safe.
Or someone stole the legit prototype and sold the air...  Undecided
Activity: 64
Merit: 1
June 22, 2018, 09:31:54 AM
June 22, 2018, 09:20:55 AM

last on 6/20/18

yeah, I know, I mention this often...but it is sooooooo fluffy a scam! (I mean talk about imaginary unicorns!)

hard to resist...

anyway, countdown dwarfminer has been gone 2 days...will he return with more bullsh*t or will he now disappear?

brad

copper member
Clueless!
June 22, 2018, 08:53:51 AM

last on 6/20/18

hard to resist...

brad
Activity: 512
Merit: 260
June 22, 2018, 08:42:30 AM

last on 6/20/18

Really? A scam? if only there were some warning....
copper member
Clueless!
June 22, 2018, 08:38:54 AM

last on 6/20/18

Activity: 252
Merit: 8
June 22, 2018, 07:47:49 AM
Just to warn all the buyers (i am one of them)
Do not come to cry here and get angry and ramble all day long.
You were warned and knew the risks.
If it turns out, this was not legit, you will be the only one to blame.

To be honest, I think the product is legit but the team can definitely run away with the funds and they will be safe.
Now, it's preferable to ship the product and make a batch 2 as it will be more profitable in the long run.
If this product actually exists then you will get it. But it does not exists.
June 22, 2018, 07:29:52 AM
Just to warn all the buyers (i am one of them)
Do not come to cry here and get angry and ramble all day long.
You were warned and knew the risks.
If it turns out, this was not legit, you will be the only one to blame.

Now, it's preferable to ship the product and make a batch 2 as it will be more profitable in the long run.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
June 22, 2018, 07:02:41 AM
now turning 101% scam.congrates for all buyers!!!!! Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 868
Merit: 517
June 22, 2018, 07:00:29 AM
Crossing your fingers is fine, but just don't hold your breath.  If you do decide to hold your breath let someone know where you are so we can send help...  We will see if the story keeps getting longer like a catching fish story where the fish keeps getting bigger every time the story is told soon enough or if the OP is happy with the money he has gotten and already moved on.  Like maybe a little beach villa somewhere...
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
June 22, 2018, 06:16:18 AM
18:15 in Beijing now...

Drumrolls...

Lips sealed
Pages:
Jump to: