Pages:
Author

Topic: Dwarf FPGA – the anti-ASIC - page 52. (Read 43440 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 37
May 28, 2018, 11:15:16 PM
Well, I’m willing to risk $500 to find out what this is all about, but I don’t know I wouldn’t encourage anyone to make this purchase. It is all the pieces of an elaborate scam, and all the attempts to send a review unit, get any independent confirmation, etc. are not happening.

I wouldn’t be surprised to hear in short order than their “factory” is suddenly not working with them because Bitmain and their bank has frozen assets.
copper member
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
May 28, 2018, 11:00:29 PM
If the order numbers are sequential, that means they have sold 1,427 units so far

1447 now
Activity: 19
May 28, 2018, 06:22:20 PM
If the order numbers are sequential, that means they have sold 1,427 units so far
Activity: 168
Merit: 2
May 28, 2018, 06:03:16 PM
7Kh/s mining Monero you will get 10 USD per day. That's a lot man for this little "FPGA".
It will ROI around 1 month.
If it legit, you can eat Bitmain's pie shares in the crypto mining industry.
The biggest question is; why would you sell it? except you are really a philanthropist that want to help to make the world better place to everyone by distributing a wealth through crypto currency.

Activity: 10
May 28, 2018, 05:56:27 PM
I don't know that I would trust paypal protection exactly.  I have used it with Ebay in the past, and while the results were in my favor, it was a general pain in the ass.  I do think they tend to err on the side of the customer though.  I had a buddy with a business selling telemarketing data and he had to stop using paypal due to the insane amount of chargebacks that were not found in his favor.  That said, just use a credit card.  If what you buy doesn't arrive or work, Visa and Mastercard are amazing when it comes to fraudulent transactions.

I agree with this. *However*

If you use the credit card as your payment option in PayPal, hypothetically (very hypothetically) you have two layers of buyer protection. I just got off the phone with PayPal- Buyer protections are the same regardless if you pay through the PayPal site or a PayPal invoice. Keep in mind that receiving an invoice directing you to send money to a PayPal email is NOT THE SAME as paying a PayPal invoice.

Activity: 531
Merit: 29
May 28, 2018, 05:49:28 PM
It seems they are "emailing you" the paypal invoice AFTER the fact - this makes me worried as I'm not sure we'd be covered under paypal guarantee seeing that we didnt pay via paypal ON the website, instead, we're paying via email invoice later.

Looks Like as long as it's not a "frieinds/family" transfer, Invoices/money requests are *usually* covered. Some items (real estate, lemon vehicles) are not. This would go under 'item not described' if we just get sent a PCB that doesn't do anything. I'm going to actually call PayPal and discuss it further.  Wink

I read that too, as long as it’s marked as paying for goods.

But what if it delivers only 700h/s instead of 7000h/s?
May 28, 2018, 05:46:54 PM
It seems they are "emailing you" the paypal invoice AFTER the fact - this makes me worried as I'm not sure we'd be covered under paypal guarantee seeing that we didnt pay via paypal ON the website, instead, we're paying via email invoice later.

Looks Like as long as it's not a "frieinds/family" transfer, Invoices/money requests are *usually* covered. Some items (real estate, lemon vehicles) are not. This would go under 'item not described' if we just get sent a PCB that doesn't do anything. I'm going to actually call PayPal and discuss it further.  Wink
Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
May 28, 2018, 05:44:03 PM
I don't know that I would trust paypal protection exactly.  I have used it with Ebay in the past, and while the results were in my favor, it was a general pain in the ass.  I do think they tend to err on the side of the customer though.  I had a buddy with a business selling telemarketing data and he had to stop using paypal due to the insane amount of chargebacks that were not found in his favor.  That said, just use a credit card.  If what you buy doesn't arrive or work, Visa and Mastercard are amazing when it comes to fraudulent transactions.
May 28, 2018, 05:21:48 PM

Time to look into finer details of PayPal protection...
Activity: 19
May 28, 2018, 05:12:00 PM
May 28, 2018, 05:09:41 PM
I'm having a hard time making a judgement on this one. The numbers look plausible. The Monero logo being printed with the PCB trace would be an elaborate fake and would require some basic design ability to create. They definitely had *something* made in a PCB shop. It's usually hard to get low-quantity prototypes (though not so much anymore). I couldn't take a lot from the videos. Store doesn't have PayPal integrated- I just ran an order without logging into my PP to complete payment. Good story, but it fees 50/50 at this point.  Huh
Activity: 115
Merit: 4
May 28, 2018, 04:51:22 PM
i said im a noob, ive been watching the thread since it started and once proven real ill buy it but it smells....for now
Activity: 557
Merit: 5
May 28, 2018, 04:40:36 PM
it was replied already, if you buy directly from the page (store) they will but if you send your payment by email they wont, theres a weay to fake all of it im becoming a bit skeptical about this, i think that if we got something like this it would be from bitmain or some other big company, by common sense the numbers seem way off to me but im just a noob and if this turns out to be real ill probably buy 10 Smiley
Bitmain cryptonight ASIC does 220kh for 500w
Dwarf miner does 7kh/10w so 220kh for 314w on v7 and 500w on heavy
Doesn't seem to be absurd figures...
Activity: 115
Merit: 4
May 28, 2018, 04:10:31 PM
it was replied already, if you buy directly from the page (store) they will but if you send your payment by email they wont, theres a weay to fake all of it im becoming a bit skeptical about this, i think that if we got something like this it would be from bitmain or some other big company, by common sense the numbers seem way off to me but im just a noob and if this turns out to be real ill probably buy 10 Smiley
Activity: 65
May 28, 2018, 03:28:23 PM
What do you think about pay pal? They cant scam you, PayPal will give you ur money back. or am.i wrong?
Activity: 22
Merit: 1
May 28, 2018, 02:15:58 PM
It is very tempting, low cost and fast roi... there is no info on future algos and hashrates?
Activity: 153
May 28, 2018, 02:10:02 PM
it looks really gorgeous.
I took a lot of interest. If you let us know about the updates, I'm very happy.
Activity: 602
Merit: 106
May 28, 2018, 01:47:15 PM
This looks brilliant. I can see myself lifting a few of those...

One question though: I'm no electrician. How on earth could I connect 10 of these using an ATX PSU? Is there an easy way to daisy chain them or something?

Edit: just had another look at the photos. Looks like you can just use a molex connector and remove the plastic. Then it's a piece of cake, i.e. just daisy-chain a few molex cables. Hah.

To be honest, I thought exactly the same thing - hacking open a couple of MOLEX connectors Cheesy
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
May 28, 2018, 12:46:17 PM
This looks brilliant. I can see myself lifting a few of those...

One question though: I'm no electrician. How on earth could I connect 10 of these using an ATX PSU? Is there an easy way to daisy chain them or something?

Edit: just had another look at the photos. Looks like you can just use a molex connector and remove the plastic. Then it's a piece of cake, i.e. just daisy-chain a few molex cables. Hah.
May 28, 2018, 12:13:59 PM
Hello everybody!

We are happy to inform you we will start selling!

We hope to answer faster in the sales period Smiley

A lot of time was spent to the organization of production. It was necessary to arrange the delivery our chips to China, discuss the terms of assembly rules, find a replacement for European components in Asia. Instead of one week, we spent four. But now the whole chain is built!

Yesterday we have begun manufacture of five thousand pieces. It will be ready on June 18. After that we will begin to send orders in the order of payments (first paid - first received). To cover your risks we offer a discount during this period.

Work demonstration you can see on our youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz6buvT87nX-NuEkfcrNQGg
It does not have a fee, but updates will be charged. We expect $20-50 for each new algo. At now it is tested with monero, graft, haven, sumo and loki. The same coins should work too.

Our online store is available here: https://dwarfminer.webasyst.cloud/shop/  You can find there description and characteristics of the good. You must add to cart the number of devices and delivery to your country. The cost of delivery includes no more than four units (a parcel weight limit is 500 grams). If you need more, please contact us: [email protected]

All orders (except monero payment) are made through the manager to eliminate confusion. The exchange rates will be fixed at the order's time.

I looked up the address in the video at xmrpool and it shows 0 hahses submitted or 0 payments made!

455yPxusDp2EPBTWhLqmPS7ywgWvC8hJ7cgFL2ggpWRR6brgi9QS2yVZeBYHuWPpr9HfDkCVqnE5T11 LnTFgAD5DYN3CdD

Maybe the address I got is wrong or XMRPool does not shows older stats or ...

Your adress is wrong. Its 455yPxusDp2EPBTWhLqmPS7ywgWvCY8hJ7cgFL2ggpWRR6brgi9QS2yVZeBYHuWPpr9HfDkCVqnE5T1 1LnTFgAD5DYN3CdD
It has 673 valid shares on xmrpool

My bad! I can see after removed the extra space between 1's.
Pages:
Jump to: