Pages:
Author

Topic: Dwarf FPGA – the anti-ASIC - page 49. (Read 43440 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 517
May 30, 2018, 11:21:19 AM
What i find odd here is that the OP clearly understands that this forum is the place to get noticed.  And if he has been lurking for any time at all he should also know that trust here is earned.
...and he would also know that he could sell snow to an eskimo around here just by claiming that it'll earn said eskimo $1000/day easily.

At this point his response that he doesn't need to build trust implies that he is in fact selling 5000 snowflakes in the first batch... LOL
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
May 30, 2018, 10:41:28 AM
What i find odd here is that the OP clearly understands that this forum is the place to get noticed.  And if he has been lurking for any time at all he should also know that trust here is earned.
...and he would also know that he could sell snow to an eskimo around here just by claiming that it'll earn said eskimo $1000/day easily.
Activity: 868
Merit: 517
May 30, 2018, 10:36:59 AM

If this is a legitimate project it would be very easy for him to get a test unit to a well known trusted member here that will in exchange give a full and fair review of the product and of course pay for the unit if they decided to keep it, or send it back based on the OP's requirements.

You would not only lay the groundwork for trust here on the forum, but a great way to launch their new business venture for your future business and projects.  The response by the OP that he does not need to do that really just does not add up in my mind. 

The only assurance that you might get "something" at this point is the Paypal transaction, but there are gotchas as noted here in this thread about trying to use Paypal.  There is a time restriction.  The transaction has to be for goods and not a personal transaction.  You need to read the Paypal protections info closely.  Has anyone confirmed that the transaction on Paypal will in fact be protected?  Only way I will take the risk here is if I know that I have protection on the transaction.

I hope this is a legit project and that the OP has great success.  But he is starting off on a bad foot here. 

I also would second the motion to get a unit like this to Philima1957 for evaluation if Phil is interested that is.   

Activity: 557
Merit: 5
May 30, 2018, 10:22:58 AM
interesting project... if it's real.

This would be nice to put in my cellar (cool) but then it needs wifi.

I wonder why you can buy shipping for €80 extra?

China chips almost for free to europe so why adding the extra €80 if you only need 1 device?

If you ship by China standard there is no insurance and no delivery date guarantee.
80€ shipping cost is for fast shipping with fedex/ups and other fast shipping company. Probably on top of that handling fee.
For 4 units it's a bit expensive i think (should be around 50€ for 3-4 days for that weight)

Outside of this comment : if this is legit 5000 units = 35Gh so if everyone receiving the unit goes to XMR this will increase the network hashrate by 8% so this is far from what bitmain and baikal did to the network (more than 100% not counting the other coins so the overall impact was probably equivalent to 150% to 200% if you include other coins)
gvb
Activity: 140
Merit: 9
May 30, 2018, 10:16:16 AM
china (read aliexpress sellers) ships always by air and it arrives in belgium in 1.5 weeks. I can live with that. Wink
Activity: 324
Merit: 250
May 30, 2018, 10:12:49 AM

China chips almost for free to europe so why adding the extra €80 if you only need 1 device?

"Free" shipping uses international standard delivery, do you want to receive your miner 1 month later than the rest? Tongue
gvb
Activity: 140
Merit: 9
May 30, 2018, 09:53:05 AM

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
May 30, 2018, 09:23:36 AM
The thing that threw me off instantly was the website. Like really, you create your own FPGA, yet can't even throw in your own website/domain? Piggy backing off https://www.webasyst.com/cloud/ means that you aren't really in it for the long haul or just want something up quick and easy for show to dump later. Even Baikal has their own domain/website and we know how well they are in their communication... lol

If I was truly evil, I can create a product and website easily with video that looks like it's running from a classic Atari game and offer crypto payment, bank transfer, and paypal to insure confidence/safety in people.

Lets say 1500 people bought it, 1200 people paid with paypal, and 300 people paid crypto just because they want to use crypto or their funds are tied in crypto.

If there's a chance if that it does turn vaporware, those 1200 people who paid with paypal gets their money back, no problem for both parties. Owner doesn't care, cause 300 people paid in crypto, so win-win.

Now time to shutdown generic website and move onto next project.

Then again, I could be all wrong, this is just how I see it. For now....

There have been many scams using spiffy websites and fancy domain names so I wouldn't necessarily hold that against them. But this whole pre-order/payment scenario and also the refusal to provide samples is definitely a red flag. I would not send them any irreversible payment.
Activity: 269
Merit: 4
May 30, 2018, 09:20:33 AM
I'm not buying, but my gut feeling here is that this is not a scam, it's just that the guy posting doesn't speak english that well, and the people doing this know their hardware shit but have no idea how to run a business. That having been said, I'm definitely not spending a cent until we get some confirmations.

I think that pretty well sums it up.  If the board really does what is shown, they could get 2x the price they’re asking and it’s still a good deal for miners.  Really wish they would release open source software though...
Activity: 266
Merit: 2
May 30, 2018, 08:58:49 AM
I'm not buying, but my gut feeling here is that this is not a scam, it's just that the guy posting doesn't speak english that well, and the people doing this know their hardware shit but have no idea how to run a business. That having been said, I'm definitely not spending a cent until we get some confirmations.
Activity: 616
Merit: 279
May 30, 2018, 08:08:41 AM
yeah....if this was legit....people would be writing articles on this...as it is no proof no articles thus no good press...thus no sales...so the evidence is that it is

either a 1) a scam or 2) they have their head up their ass on how to really move asic product with a review

pass

be nice if I was wrong in the future...sounds like an ok toy in concept..but then again I always wanted to be Natalie Portman's "love puppet" but some things

are not meant to be....
Yeah, I totally agree. Let the idiots burn their money with this.

Although,  I still doubt anyone paid him money yet.

I still don't get why he is avoiding a review from someone trusted or at least escrow. If this would be legit he wouldn't have any problems with this.

Activity: 557
Merit: 5
May 30, 2018, 05:31:47 AM
The thing that threw me off instantly was the website. Like really, you create your own FPGA, yet can't even throw in your own website/domain? Piggy backing off https://www.webasyst.com/cloud/ means that you aren't really in it for the long haul or just want something up quick and easy for show to dump later. Even Baikal has their own domain/website and we know how well they are in their communication... lol

If I was truly evil, I can create a product and website easily with video that looks like it's running from a classic Atari game and offer crypto payment, bank transfer, and paypal to insure confidence/safety in people.

Lets say 1500 people bought it, 1200 people paid with paypal, and 300 people paid crypto just because they want to use crypto or their funds are tied in crypto.

If there's a chance if that it does turn vaporware, those 1200 people who paid with paypal gets their money back, no problem for both parties. Owner doesn't care, cause 300 people paid in crypto, so win-win.

Dwarfminer should post more info but anything can be faked.
I just hope this is a true thing but everything is not bought on the first batch so i can buy more. At worst i would have lost one month of mining revenue
Activity: 544
Merit: 250
May 30, 2018, 03:19:07 AM

Activity: 22
Merit: 1
May 30, 2018, 01:59:47 AM
After some thinking I'll leave this one alone. Very tempting and great device if it works as promised, but still too many things not confirmed.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
May 30, 2018, 01:58:48 AM

Has he even 'offered' someone like Philima1957 or Longsnowsm (did A4 pre-orders and others group buy)

or anyone else a unit to get and review yet? He did that, and he'd get 'tons' of orders on a positive review.

Without that there is no way I'd get this. Just common sense.

Brad

I asked why, and he answered:

--and why he ignores posts about sending a sample board to a trusted forum member
Because it's sold without this Wink

Basically, he doesn't really care if we trust the legitimacy of his product, and just wants to sell and profit from it. Knowing how big of a minefield mining is, i'm staying away from this one, but grabbing popcorn and snacks to see what's gonna happen next.

BTW, anyone can hook up a real gpu miner and mine in the background to the same address as shown in the video, simultaneously showing a dummy board and generating numbers on a screen. So videos where he's "mining" with this miner can be easily faked.
Activity: 202
Merit: 2
May 30, 2018, 01:49:26 AM
also many "mass" supporters are mostly low post users;  many were < 5 post users.

If it is indeed a real product, I will eat crow.  no worries there.   I am only offering sound logical advice to all users of this board.

Yes ive noticed that from start.  Wink

2 guys from my pool almost got it but ive warned them about the danger. Now they are waiting for more info.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1166
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
May 30, 2018, 01:13:09 AM
also many "mass" supporters are mostly low post users;  many were < 5 post users.

If it is indeed a real product, I will eat crow.  no worries there.   I am only offering sound logical advice to all users of this board.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
May 30, 2018, 12:33:58 AM
I am happy to sample a unit, I will pay full price once it arrives and does what it says it will do.

This is a win-win right here!

sadly, for the sixth or seventh consecutive time, it will go on deaf ears.

yeah....if this was legit....people would be writing articles on this...as it is no proof no articles thus no good press...thus no sales...so the evidence is that it is

either a 1) a scam or 2) they have their head up their ass on how to really move asic product with a review

pass

be nice if I was wrong in the future...sounds like an ok toy in concept..but then again I always wanted to be Natalie Portman's "love puppet" but some things

are not meant to be....

legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1166
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
May 29, 2018, 11:40:18 PM
I am happy to sample a unit, I will pay full price once it arrives and does what it says it will do.

sadly, for the sixth or seventh consecutive time, it will go on deaf ears.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
May 29, 2018, 11:22:49 PM

Pages:
Jump to: