Pages:
Author

Topic: Dwarf FPGA – the anti-ASIC - page 51. (Read 43440 times)

Activity: 269
Merit: 4
May 29, 2018, 09:34:54 AM
I think a better marketing strategy might be to raise the price of the boards but release the software as open source.  The way it is now, if software dev decides he’s not going to do it anymore and algos fork... the board is dead.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
May 29, 2018, 09:23:09 AM

@DwarfMiner: please comment on this. If you actually intend to distribute and sell this properly in a professional manner you should be able to have a proper invoicing setup.

Agreed 100%.

5000 Units * 315€ = 1 575 000€
1.5M € is no joke and this whole process should be taken more seriously.
Activity: 3
May 29, 2018, 09:20:14 AM
Seems to good to be true...
Activity: 557
Merit: 5
May 29, 2018, 08:07:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MLnaZqkoQw

Why no lights on the rj45 plug? Tongue

Might be because RJ45 connectors with lights are more expensive (video was too low resolution to be able to see if it is a connector with lights that are off, or a connector without any lights).
Looks like there are no leds on the connector so your assumption is probably correct.
Activity: 8
May 29, 2018, 07:45:39 AM

Might be because RJ45 connectors with lights are more expensive (video was too low resolution to be able to see if it is a connector with lights that are off, or a connector without any lights).
May 29, 2018, 07:43:17 AM

It's a conspiracy. But this is indeed a good question.
However, if the firmware of the NIC has not been configured to handle the led, they will not lit.
I have seen this kind of occurence from time to time on some equipement but this is very rare and there is no reason to not have this configured in the firmware.
Activity: 50
May 29, 2018, 07:41:53 AM
I'd buy a couple if OP would clear up all the questions about the invoices and why he ignores posts about sending a sample board to a trusted forum member. Watching this thread closely, as it's the first cryptonight FPGA publicly being presented and sold.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
May 29, 2018, 06:42:38 AM
I ordered 4 requesting PayPal as payment.
I received an invoice/payment request to a Russian individual's name.
My payment options did NOT include PayPal credit 0% for 6 months on purchases over $500.
This to me was a red flag - seems to be a person-to-person request and not an online purchase - meaning no buyer protection.

I am not comfortable enough to move forward with payment.

THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT.

DO NOT PAY FRIENDS/FAMILY.

Only accept a paypal purchase/billing invoice.

Seems extremely scammy now... hopefully you guys see it....  else im gonna laugh in your face for not being at least the slight bit intuitive on this "purchase".
@DwarfMiner: please comment on this. If you actually intend to distribute and sell this properly in a professional manner you should be able to have a proper invoicing setup.
Activity: 324
Merit: 250
May 29, 2018, 06:32:01 AM

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
May 29, 2018, 05:44:49 AM
https://dwarfminer.webasyst.cloud/photos/author/1/

?

So, the "lead is in Madrid", but the picture  and the paypal is from  russian  and the picture from:

Palehov Dmitriy ?

You know russians are allowed to leave their country :p
You know the funny thing (to add to the mystery around the whole thing) is the guy talking in the video actually has an Austrian accent! Cheesy Cheesy
May 29, 2018, 05:43:09 AM

?

So, the "lead is in Madrid", but the picture  and the paypal is from  russian  and the picture from:

Palehov Dmitriy ?

You know russians are allowed to leave their country :p
Activity: 476
Merit: 19
May 29, 2018, 02:23:13 AM

?

So, the "lead is in Madrid", but the picture  and the paypal is from  russian  and the picture from:

Palehov Dmitriy ?

Activity: 27
May 29, 2018, 01:18:22 AM
My payment options did NOT include PayPal credit 0% for 6 months on purchases over $500.
This to me was a red flag - seems to be a person-to-person request and not an online purchase - meaning no buyer protection.

Seems extremely scammy now... hopefully you guys see it....  else im gonna laugh in your face for not being at least the slight bit intuitive on this "purchase".

Actually the request I got is not a friends and family request. It’s not invoiced but has the order number and description as Goods (other). You need to go details view (pdf) to see this in your PayPal account. I am reading that it’s covered by protection. Your order number/email should be sufficient for description.

Although the best way would be for Dwarf to create an Invoice describing the goods...

If it is a legitimate business invoice I should have the option to use PayPal credit - but that is not an option PayPal gives me.
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't trust that this purchase would be covered by buyer protection - and even if it is covered, that is no guarantee that PayPal will decide in your favor in the event of a dispute.  I have had 2 PayPal disputes over the past 15 years - 1 went my way, 1 didn't.  Your experiences may of course vary.

I would like to complete this purchase, but only if I am comfortable I have buyer protection and can buy it with PayPal credit for added peace of mind.
Credit card purchase would also be acceptable.

Unless or until that happens, I'm staying away.
Activity: 531
Merit: 29
May 29, 2018, 12:41:00 AM

Actually the request I got is not a friends and family request. It’s not invoiced but has the order number and description as Goods (other). You need to go details view (pdf) to see this in your PayPal account. I am reading that it’s covered by protection. Your order number/email should be sufficient for description.

Although the best way would be for Dwarf to create an Invoice describing the goods...
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1166
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
May 29, 2018, 12:32:21 AM

May 29, 2018, 12:26:21 AM

How long after your order did you receive the invoice? I ordered much earlier in the day and still haven't received mine... though not sure if I will pay it or not. The whole thing feels weird.

I ordered at 11:15 UTC and received the payment request 00:55 UTC
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
May 29, 2018, 12:21:52 AM
that sounds very good, with the fpga miner. but right now i have no money for it.

otherwise i would order one or two.
Activity: 37
May 29, 2018, 12:12:47 AM

How long after your order did you receive the invoice? I ordered much earlier in the day and still haven't received mine... though not sure if I will pay it or not. The whole thing feels weird.
May 28, 2018, 11:53:09 PM

legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1166
My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?
May 28, 2018, 11:28:09 PM
Well, I’m willing to risk $500 to find out what this is all about, but I don’t know I wouldn’t encourage anyone to make this purchase. It is all the pieces of an elaborate scam, and all the attempts to send a review unit, get any independent confirmation, etc. are not happening.

I wouldn’t be surprised to hear in short order than their “factory” is suddenly not working with them because Bitmain and their bank has frozen assets.

Just look at how all these other hardware introductions went before you risk the $$$...

Look at how pandaminer stepped in just the same way this guy did;  but unlike this guy, pandaminer took steps to prove validity and honesty such as samples reviewed by trusted forum members.

I'm getting out a HUGE bag of popcorn for this..... especially after my ignored requests for validity from the OP some pages back... that are STILL unanswered to this day.
Pages:
Jump to: