Pages:
Author

Topic: Ebay/Paypal's ridiculous fees - page 4. (Read 80966 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
October 28, 2016, 04:33:18 PM
Basically the fees that take ebay and paypal are not good because they are very high I just googled it and they charge 8% for orders up to $50 and additional fees for items more than that sale, and when these two combines their fees are very large, bitcoin is much much better combined with escrow.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041
October 28, 2016, 04:26:28 PM
I hear allot about this fee why are you thinking that this is ridiculous I don't think it is, simple because lots of people don't know much they do.
Remember they have to hire staff to make sure there is customer support etc.

Suppose that would be the same case with bitcoin, then I would be sure nobody would bother the fees.
It is not a big risk is because if they fail to accept bitcoin they may loose many of their customers who may switch to bitcoin, to avoid that from happening that is why they are trying to adopt bitcoin to make them balanced between the gap that maybe created.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
October 28, 2016, 11:28:44 AM
yea if you pay 100$  fees about 10$ are so big better use only bitcoin to pay fees only 0.07$ per transaction
The problem is - the fees of PayPal are only applied to sellers/shops. Regular users/customers/clients are not paying anything for using PayPal. So they don't care.
And not another problem - say if business owners will adopt bitcoin payments- it is true that they will be earning more - but at the same time bitcoin is not that popular yet...
Its better for an business owners to adopt bitcoin payment because the seller will have less fee on purchasing a item from that shop. Paypal has a very big transaction fee,
Many shops now are planning to adopt bitcoins, and steam go for it
While that is true, one of the reasons so many people use PayPal is because PayPal sides with the shopper most of the time since PayPal protect their customers, the sellers are the ones going through all types of problems, bitcoin will shift the power to the sellers but you can bet there’s going to be a lot of resistance by the shoppers.

Only honest people will be trying bitcoin transactions at the moment, because the issue of dispute, but we do see several companies allowing bitcoin as payments, and the most of them are digital services providers.
I agree with you only honest people should use bitcoin but unfortunately we don’t have control over that, so even in this forum where we are very enthusiastic about bitcoin, there is a lot of mistrust.
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
October 27, 2016, 04:35:36 PM
yea if you pay 100$  fees about 10$ are so big better use only bitcoin to pay fees only 0.07$ per transaction
The problem is - the fees of PayPal are only applied to sellers/shops. Regular users/customers/clients are not paying anything for using PayPal. So they don't care.
And not another problem - say if business owners will adopt bitcoin payments- it is true that they will be earning more - but at the same time bitcoin is not that popular yet...
Its better for an business owners to adopt bitcoin payment because the seller will have less fee on purchasing a item from that shop. Paypal has a very big transaction fee,
While that is true, one of the reasons so many people use PayPal is because PayPal sides with the shopper most of the time since PayPal protect their customers, the sellers are the ones going through all types of problems, bitcoin will shift the power to the sellers but you can bet there’s going to be a lot of resistance by the shoppers.

Only honest people will be trying bitcoin transactions at the moment, because the issue of dispute, but we do see several companies allowing bitcoin as payments, and the most of them are digital services providers.
October 27, 2016, 04:03:21 PM
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145
FOCUS
October 27, 2016, 02:43:27 AM
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
October 26, 2016, 10:42:48 PM
October 26, 2016, 06:07:16 PM
Even with the fee from the usage of platform been "justified", it's totally abused. PP also has many dumb taxes for everything. Now, the ultimate taxation is the customs. Can you imagine some taxation around 65%, that's what we have in Brazil. Another source of taxes is Amazon, and the worse part is that you can't negotiate international taxes. 

Btw, the service is very simple, but the costs are extreme. It's a shame. That's why we're here, to turn the table.  Grin
I had made in the past an exchange with brazilian and the fees taken are quite high if paypal its used by someone. The costumers that use paypal doesnt know about bitcoin, and looks like paypal isnt caring about some people mooving out from their big fees, they should readjust their fees.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
October 26, 2016, 05:35:06 PM
October 26, 2016, 05:30:27 PM
How do people use paypal so much? Really, what is the reason? They are f-ing people over constantly. Both with their fees (try to convert currencies as a merchant) and account frezing..
Because PayPal is basically a monopoly and people done have much of a choice, while there are other payments systems, PayPal is without a doubt the most used.
Despite its large user base and popularity there will surely be a replacement for it one day. This will happen due to its too strict regulations and freezing customers account without even a single warning. I think bitcoin will be the one to replace paypal. The monopoly business models must be destroyed while we are moving toward decentralization concepts.
I don’t have a doubt about that either, bitcoin is going to replace PayPal in the future; the horrifying PayPal customer service will come to haunt them some day.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 1162
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
October 26, 2016, 04:05:06 PM
How do people use paypal so much? Really, what is the reason? They are f-ing people over constantly. Both with their fees (try to convert currencies as a merchant) and account frezing..
Because PayPal is basically a monopoly and people done have much of a choice, while there are other payments systems, PayPal is without a doubt the most used.
Despite its large user base and popularity there will surely be a replacement for it one day. This will happen due to its too strict regulations and freezing customers account without even a single warning. I think bitcoin will be the one to replace paypal. The monopoly business models must be destroyed while we are moving toward decentralization concepts.
Activity: 714
Merit: 254
October 26, 2016, 11:23:34 AM
I know, they are like the mob, with 10% fees. But there is no better alternative available yet.  Sad
Activity: 286
Merit: 250
October 26, 2016, 11:20:36 AM
Paypal has build their reputation from the years, and they do charge accordingly their reputation, and even they have the monopoly as adsense does have, both keep with their prices, and we do use them a lot.
October 25, 2016, 08:39:32 AM
paypal is ain't monopolying the market because if you see on few market they're also accepting another payment method as an alternative so the buyer could make its own decision,people are using paypal because it's popular,having trust,and also available to be payment method worldwide
Google has competitors too, and that does not change the fact that Google has most of the market share, PayPal is the same in that regard while there are other payment systems there’s no doubt that PayPal reigns supreme.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
SkyFall
October 25, 2016, 08:13:11 AM
I hear allot about this fee why are you thinking that this is ridiculous I don't think it is, simple because lots of people don't know much they do.
Remember they have to hire staff to make sure there is customer support etc.

Suppose that would be the same case with bitcoin, then I would be sure nobody would bother the fees.
Merit: 500
October 24, 2016, 08:31:42 PM
Even with the fee from the usage of platform been "justified", it's totally abused. PP also has many dumb taxes for everything. Now, the ultimate taxation is the customs. Can you imagine some taxation around 65%, that's what we have in Brazil. Another source of taxes is Amazon, and the worse part is that you can't negotiate international taxes. 

Btw, the service is very simple, but the costs are extreme. It's a shame. That's why we're here, to turn the table.  Grin
Activity: 2968
Merit: 600
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
October 24, 2016, 08:09:46 PM
Well paypal hasnt a monopoly but the most people do trust paypla because you can dispute anytime any transaction with the seller or the buyer, the thing is they have a great service as well high fees.

Out of there great service well they are charging reasonable fees but for me, that is not really going to make their service to become used by more people. Maybe they are already got their investment since it was created, I think they should lessen the fees that they are charging when someone is going to have transaction.

If they are already awared that their customers  or   users  are  gradually decreasing  because of bitcoin then for sure they  would    intend to  lessen  their  fees soon. 
If they would continue  to implement  high  fees then  for sure  they would  make their  customers would  go  to bitcoin.

But they are not even putting their fees in promo because they are standing firm for their own charging fees and that is keep on stable. Well but I don't know if they are valuing their customers since they have millions of users. So they will not have a problem if they lost maybe hundred thousands of users still they will earn. Tongue
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
October 24, 2016, 07:42:03 PM
Both Ebay and PayPal have crazy fees...but that's what you get when you get "on the street" brand awareness.  While ebay is ebay...at least there are a few up and comers that offer a bit better rates for money transfers.
Activity: 2786
Merit: 578
October 23, 2016, 10:46:27 PM
just leave paypal for real and shift to bitcoin
October 23, 2016, 05:57:28 PM
Paypal has build an amazing reputation, and they dont support scams, some projects may use them for a while till they find and ask for some documents, usually this is when the most people loose their money, because they cant proof they own a companie, but those two really do charge too much for the service they provide.
Pages:
Jump to: