Pages:
Author

Topic: ECCoin (ECC) Takeover by Trusted-Cryptos Team [Griffith] - page 51. (Read 91207 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
well, turns out the reason the wallets havent been sycning these last few days. i messed up. i am going to fix the problem now. and then put out new wallets within the next 2 hours. it was a small mistake in the code that caused some huge problems wiht syncing. but i do know it is the reason for the issues. please wait for like 2 more hours so i can fix and recompile

Wallets are fixed. please update to version 1.8.2.1 as this version includes:

* the staking time has been changed. it is between 2 hours and 84 days (couldnt change the max due to code reference issues. but the min was lowered.)
*problem with interest rates have been fixed. there is a lot less inflation now.
*staking issues have been fixed (cause of sync problems)
*new DNS seed nodes added to code, [.CONF files are currently not needed. although keeping them will NOT hurt either.] im going back to work on v1.9 and the clear send protocol now

if you were stuck on the 77049 block, i have no reason to believe that with the new wallet you need to redownload the whole chain. HOWEVER, it is still reccomended [this will be the last update where a chain redownload would even be considered nessisary]

sorry guys. guess it wasnt solved. only worked on 1 computer out of 3. i got ahead of myself. anyway. i will keep working on this and will keep you posted
legendary
Great that worked! Smiley

I will run a permanent node to help the network, maybe add this to the first page as an additional node: 38.93.234.100

thanks. i will add it to the first page conf

EDIT: i also PMd you
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Great that worked! Smiley

I will run a permanent node to help the network, maybe add this to the first page as an additional node: 38.93.234.100
legendary
I can't get the latest source to build on my ubuntu box:

g++ -m64 -fstack-protector-all --param ssp-buffer-size=1 -Wl,-O1 -o eccoin-qt build/bitcoin.o build/bitcoingui.o build/transactiontablemodel.o build/addresstablemodel.o build/optionsdialog.o build/sendcoinsdialog.o build/addressbookpage.o build/signverifymessagedialog.o build/aboutdialog.o build/editaddressdialog.o build/bitcoinaddressvalidator.o build/alert.o build/version.o build/sync.o build/util.o build/netbase.o build/key.o build/script.o build/main.o build/init.o build/net.o build/irc.o build/checkpoints.o build/addrman.o build/db.o build/walletdb.o build/clientmodel.o build/guiutil.o build/transactionrecord.o build/optionsmodel.o build/monitoreddatamapper.o build/transactiondesc.o build/transactiondescdialog.o build/bitcoinstrings.o build/bitcoinamountfield.o build/wallet.o build/keystore.o build/transactionfilterproxy.o build/transactionview.o build/walletmodel.o build/bitcoinrpc.o build/rpcdump.o build/rpcnet.o build/rpcmining.o build/rpcwallet.o build/rpcblockchain.o build/rpcrawtransaction.o build/overviewpage.o build/csvmodelwriter.o build/crypter.o build/sendcoinsentry.o build/qvalidatedlineedit.o build/bitcoinunits.o build/qvaluecombobox.o build/askpassphrasedialog.o build/protocol.o build/notificator.o build/qtipcserver.o build/rpcconsole.o build/coincontroldialog.o build/coincontroltreewidget.o build/noui.o build/kernel.o build/scrypt-x86.o build/scrypt-x86_64.o build/scrypt_mine.o build/pbkdf2.o build/moc_bitcoingui.o build/moc_transactiontablemodel.o build/moc_addresstablemodel.o build/moc_optionsdialog.o build/moc_sendcoinsdialog.o build/moc_addressbookpage.o build/moc_signverifymessagedialog.o build/moc_aboutdialog.o build/moc_editaddressdialog.o build/moc_bitcoinaddressvalidator.o build/moc_clientmodel.o build/moc_guiutil.o build/moc_optionsmodel.o build/moc_monitoreddatamapper.o build/moc_transactiondesc.o build/moc_transactiondescdialog.o build/moc_bitcoinamountfield.o build/moc_transactionfilterproxy.o build/moc_transactionview.o build/moc_walletmodel.o build/moc_overviewpage.o build/moc_csvmodelwriter.o build/moc_sendcoinsentry.o build/moc_qvalidatedlineedit.o build/moc_qvaluecombobox.o build/moc_askpassphrasedialog.o build/moc_coincontroldialog.o build/moc_coincontroltreewidget.o build/moc_notificator.o build/moc_rpcconsole.o build/qrc_bitcoin.o    -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -LC:/deps/miniupnpc -lminiupnpc -lrt -LC:/deps/boost_1_55_0/stage/lib -LC:/deps/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix -LC:/deps/openssl-1.0.1h -LC:/deps/qrencode-3.4.3/.libs -lssl -lcrypto -ldb_cxx -lboost_system-mgw49-mt-s-1_55 -lboost_filesystem-mgw49-mt-s-1_55 -lboost_program_options-mgw49-mt-s-1_55 -lboost_thread-mgw49-mt-s-1_55 -lQtGui -lQtCore -lpthread
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_system-mgw49-mt-s-1_55
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_filesystem-mgw49-mt-s-1_55
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_program_options-mgw49-mt-s-1_55
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_thread-mgw49-mt-s-1_55
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [eccoin-qt] Error 1

Not sure why its looking for the mgw versions?

redownload the qt.pro file. that shouldnt be happening and im 100% sure the current one up there is correct (same as mine). if the issue persists i will resync my folders on my computer with the git

EDIT: there was an error in the qt. new version uploaded. this should fix the problem.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
I can't get the latest source to build on my ubuntu box:

g++ -m64 -fstack-protector-all --param ssp-buffer-size=1 -Wl,-O1 -o eccoin-qt build/bitcoin.o build/bitcoingui.o build/transactiontablemodel.o build/addresstablemodel.o build/optionsdialog.o build/sendcoinsdialog.o build/addressbookpage.o build/signverifymessagedialog.o build/aboutdialog.o build/editaddressdialog.o build/bitcoinaddressvalidator.o build/alert.o build/version.o build/sync.o build/util.o build/netbase.o build/key.o build/script.o build/main.o build/init.o build/net.o build/irc.o build/checkpoints.o build/addrman.o build/db.o build/walletdb.o build/clientmodel.o build/guiutil.o build/transactionrecord.o build/optionsmodel.o build/monitoreddatamapper.o build/transactiondesc.o build/transactiondescdialog.o build/bitcoinstrings.o build/bitcoinamountfield.o build/wallet.o build/keystore.o build/transactionfilterproxy.o build/transactionview.o build/walletmodel.o build/bitcoinrpc.o build/rpcdump.o build/rpcnet.o build/rpcmining.o build/rpcwallet.o build/rpcblockchain.o build/rpcrawtransaction.o build/overviewpage.o build/csvmodelwriter.o build/crypter.o build/sendcoinsentry.o build/qvalidatedlineedit.o build/bitcoinunits.o build/qvaluecombobox.o build/askpassphrasedialog.o build/protocol.o build/notificator.o build/qtipcserver.o build/rpcconsole.o build/coincontroldialog.o build/coincontroltreewidget.o build/noui.o build/kernel.o build/scrypt-x86.o build/scrypt-x86_64.o build/scrypt_mine.o build/pbkdf2.o build/moc_bitcoingui.o build/moc_transactiontablemodel.o build/moc_addresstablemodel.o build/moc_optionsdialog.o build/moc_sendcoinsdialog.o build/moc_addressbookpage.o build/moc_signverifymessagedialog.o build/moc_aboutdialog.o build/moc_editaddressdialog.o build/moc_bitcoinaddressvalidator.o build/moc_clientmodel.o build/moc_guiutil.o build/moc_optionsmodel.o build/moc_monitoreddatamapper.o build/moc_transactiondesc.o build/moc_transactiondescdialog.o build/moc_bitcoinamountfield.o build/moc_transactionfilterproxy.o build/moc_transactionview.o build/moc_walletmodel.o build/moc_overviewpage.o build/moc_csvmodelwriter.o build/moc_sendcoinsentry.o build/moc_qvalidatedlineedit.o build/moc_qvaluecombobox.o build/moc_askpassphrasedialog.o build/moc_coincontroldialog.o build/moc_coincontroltreewidget.o build/moc_notificator.o build/moc_rpcconsole.o build/qrc_bitcoin.o    -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -LC:/deps/miniupnpc -lminiupnpc -lrt -LC:/deps/boost_1_55_0/stage/lib -LC:/deps/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix -LC:/deps/openssl-1.0.1h -LC:/deps/qrencode-3.4.3/.libs -lssl -lcrypto -ldb_cxx -lboost_system-mgw49-mt-s-1_55 -lboost_filesystem-mgw49-mt-s-1_55 -lboost_program_options-mgw49-mt-s-1_55 -lboost_thread-mgw49-mt-s-1_55 -lQtGui -lQtCore -lpthread
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_system-mgw49-mt-s-1_55
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_filesystem-mgw49-mt-s-1_55
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_program_options-mgw49-mt-s-1_55
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_thread-mgw49-mt-s-1_55
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [eccoin-qt] Error 1

Not sure why its looking for the mgw versions?
legendary
replace your nodes in your conf file with the node i have on the first post. this is a temporary fix as i am moving this Friday and wont be able to set up a permanent solution until this weekend. however i do understand what has to be done. so dont worry about that.
Activity: 397
Merit: 11
legendary
stuck on block 77049. using the .conf file you have in the OP.
noted. i will look into this now. i have herd this same response from another person

EDIT:  i see the problem and i can fix it tomorrow when i get home, when i fix it, i will also ask people to remove all of the addnodes from the .conf as they will no longer be used and will actually cause problems in the future
Activity: 427
Merit: 250
stuck on block 77049. using the .conf file you have in the OP.
legendary
the windows QT connection fails
if you could elaborate more on the issue you are having i can see if i can fix it for you.
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
the windows QT connection fails
legendary
Activity: 1274
★ BitClave ICO: 15/09/17 ★
v 1.8 wallets have been released. the windows QT graphics are a bit fucked up but who cares. these edits should fix the problems in the block chain speed (new source too). we are going to start contacting exchanges soon about getting on track and a new block explorer will be going up

thats awesome!

I'm syncing now!
legendary
v 1.8 wallets have been released. the windows QT graphics are a bit fucked up but who cares. these edits should fix the problems in the block chain speed (new source too). we are going to start contacting exchanges soon about getting on track and a new block explorer will be going up
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
this coin will work to make the chain more transparent and easier to follow so that it is easier to track coins rather than make it harder. More transparent and also features key is to have their own characteristics, but also a marketing strategy
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129
The hardfork for wallet version 1.8 for EasyClearCoin [ECCoin] will be live as soon as we finish compiling it (doing it now).

The code as been edited to address the following things as i had stated before:
- block chain speed issues (block times are being taken from 45 seconds to 30 seconds.)
- staking issues (it will no longer be 42 days to 84 days. it will be 8 hours to 7 days)
- inflation rate issues (flat inflation rate matching the average economy inflation rate of the last 20 years, aka 2.5% with decay)

The official meaning for EC in the ECCoin name is Easy and Clear. the Coins now official name is EasyClearCoin.

which means yes, i am currently working on a clear send protocol (its not done yet) that will be out in the next major update of 1.9. (maybe a week or two, depending on how much time i have) this protocol for sending will work to do the opposite of what cloak coin and dark coin tried to do. instead of anoning and hiding the transactions of coins sent across the block chain, this coin will work to make the chain more transparent and easier to follow so that it is easier to track coins rather than make it harder. i believe that having this in a coin will make it easier to be accepted by the current standing governments and such because it is easy to address their biggest excuse for not allowing bitcoin [money laundering]. i will provide a more detailed description of the protocl and how it works when it is more towards completion.

Please can you clarify the changes to PoS % in the new wallet. Do you think it is wise to change any % at this stage (min/max times I understand) ?

In my opinion Griffith is totaly right changing the PoS %. What we are trying to do is getting ECC back on the right track and let the price of ECC go up again instead of going down.

By changing the PoS % we will have less coins coming into the system. A high PoS % is nothing more than inflation. So with 25% PoS the value of our coin will only go down quicker. In the current situation, now that ECC has less attention and less supporters, we need to protect the investment of those supporters and in the same time create a base so that we can start rebuilding and develop the coin.

My belief is that is flawed reasoning. Reducing the PoS % will not improve prospects. A substantial increase to 150% has a chance of drawing new investors. Without them, there is no future. The supply of a coin matters far less than demand.

A scarce coin can just as easily be a dead coin. Demand is the key variable.
legendary
hi. yeah. i got pulled away for the last 24 hours. one of my girlfriends friends had died. so needless to say i couldnt be here. im back. i will read what i have missed in the thread and will start to clarify stuff momentarily. (ill also put the new wallet up since i never got the chance to do that)

EDIT: wallets will be released next time i am able to talk to mdtspain in IRC
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

- inflation rate issues (flat inflation rate matching the average economy inflation rate of the last 20 years, aka 2.5% with decay)

Please can you clarify the changes to PoS % in the new wallet. Do you think it is wise to change any % at this stage (min/max times I understand) ?

In my opinion Griffith is totaly right changing the PoS %. What we are trying to do is getting ECC back on the right track and let the price of ECC go up again instead of going down.

By changing the PoS % we will have less coins coming into the system. A high PoS % is nothing more than inflation. So with 25% PoS the value of our coin will only go down quicker. In the current situation, now that ECC has less attention and less supporters, we need to protect the investment of those supporters and in the same time create a base so that we can start rebuilding and develop the coin.

I can understand your point of view with regard to inflation, but what should be the spring that should push
an investor to buy now the ECC and to raise the price?

In general, the % yield of an investment should be proportionate to the risk, and excluding the
commendable personal commitment of those present, here at the moment I do not see any security,
indeed.

With a 2.5% interest rate, it would be even more convenient 'invest under the mattress', if you'll
pardon the exaggeration. Smiley

At least the mattress does not need to keep your computer turned on and the wallet ready for staking,
which is still a real cost to consider.

I realize that there are two complementary types of vicious circles:
    1) too much, which leads to inflation and investors flee
    2) too little, in which investors do not even care about.

So instead of a drastic cut right now, do not you think it would be better to find a way softer, I mean
gradually reduce the rate as the state of health of the currency improves?

This is just my opinion at the moment, not a final judgment negative.

PS:
There are also coins with rates much higher and they are still there after many months.

We know that there are other coins with higher rates, but we can't compare them with ECC. ECC has a lot of coins ...~18 Billion in the POW stage only and going to 50 Billion. We can keep staking them in our wallet, but there will never be enough investors to buy those coins from us.

So, for now we have planned to stop creating that much coins. We have some other ideas to get the coin going again, but we will keep that for the following fases. Those fases we will announce here, because before we implement that we want everybody ( ~80% ) to agree with that.

We are commited to bring this coin back. We hold this coin ourselves. In my case I bought most of them on Mintpal, when it still was traded against BTC.
Activity: 1194
Merit: 502

I can understand your point of view with regard to inflation, but what should be the spring that should push
an investor to buy now the ECC and to raise the price?

In general, the % yield of an investment should be proportionate to the risk, and excluding the
commendable personal commitment of those present, here at the moment I do not see any security,
indeed.

With a 2.5% interest rate, it would be even more convenient 'invest under the mattress', if you'll
pardon the exaggeration. Smiley

At least the mattress does not need to keep your computer turned on and the wallet ready for staking,
which is still a real cost to consider.

I realize that there are two complementary types of vicious circles:
    1) too much, which leads to inflation and investors flee
    2) too little, in which investors do not even care about.

So instead of a drastic cut right now, do not you think it would be better to find a way softer, I mean
gradually reduce the rate as the state of health of the currency improves?

This is just my opinion at the moment, not a final judgment negative.

PS:
There are also coins with rates much higher and they are still there after many months.

legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003
The hardfork for wallet version 1.8 for EasyClearCoin [ECCoin] will be live as soon as we finish compiling it (doing it now).

The code as been edited to address the following things as i had stated before:
- block chain speed issues (block times are being taken from 45 seconds to 30 seconds.)
- staking issues (it will no longer be 42 days to 84 days. it will be 8 hours to 7 days)

The official meaning for EC in the ECCoin name is Easy and Clear. the Coins now official name is EasyClearCoin.

which means yes, i am currently working on a clear send protocol (its not done yet) that will be out in the next major update of 1.9. (maybe a week or two, depending on how much time i have) this protocol for sending will work to do the opposite of what cloak coin and dark coin tried to do. instead of anoning and hiding the transactions of coins sent across the block chain, this coin will work to make the chain more transparent and easier to follow so that it is easier to track coins rather than make it harder. i believe that having this in a coin will make it easier to be accepted by the current standing governments and such because it is easy to address their biggest excuse for not allowing bitcoin [money laundering]. i will provide a more detailed description of the protocl and how it works when it is more towards completion.

Pages:
Jump to: