Pages:
Author

Topic: Economic Devastation - page 100. (Read 504776 times)

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
April 05, 2015, 01:25:42 PM
Ubiquitous back doors won't help them.

If they can successfully block all encrypted traffic that they don't have a crack for, then mankind will go extinct.

LOL
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
April 05, 2015, 01:21:28 PM
Ubiquitous back doors won't help them.

If they can block all encrypted traffic that they don't have a crack for (and assuming we can't employ steganography), then mankind will go extinct. Thus I assume they can not achieve that.
legendary
April 05, 2015, 01:17:55 PM
Like you never did any mistakes when you were a young man, and no one had any understanding that "boys will be boys".

I think he should have gotten maybe 6 months.

Mistakes are mistakes and boys will be boys but neither apply here. Extortion and holding people's privacy hostage for profit is criminal. 18 years is a good sentence.

As I said, you do not have sufficient IQ to understand.

How can something be a crime when you can not prosecute it? How do you prosecute a wolf?

For something that isn't a crime because others will do it anonymously and can't be prosecuted. You can't prosecute a wolf, therefor it isn't a crime when the wolf kills you.

You can't prosecute nature. Sorry your ordered fantasy morals do not exist.

Instead of making the idiots self-responsible, you give them useless(!) vindictiveness to encourage them to think of themselves as victims.

Also "boys being boys" (and doing "crimes" while learning) does apply.

That world does not exist for 99% of the people on the Internet. For now they will go to jail. If the world you describe becomes commonplace then you will win the argument. But to get there will not be easy because TPTB will fight you all of the way, both physically and through technology.

What would happen if all components necessary for communication had to have back doors embedded in them to make them legal for public consumption? It is not going to be the panacea that you envision. The early innovators will be the early victims after they are hunted by the govt lapdogs. If we can get through the next 10-20 years without nukes going off I will be very surprised.
April 05, 2015, 01:10:24 PM
 I am circa 12 years old again, repeating what I taught my Grandad at that time...

Like you never did any mistakes when you were a young man, and no one had any understanding that "boys will be boys".

I think he should have gotten maybe 6 - 24 months.

Mistakes are mistakes and boys will be boys but neither apply here. Extortion and holding people's privacy hostage for profit is criminal. 18 years is a good sentence.

As I said, you do not have sufficient logic IQ to comprehend the salient point. (I am not commenting on your IQ in areas other than logic)

How can something be a crime when you can not prosecute it? How do you prosecute a wolf?

For something that isn't a crime because others will do it anonymously and can't be prosecuted. You can't prosecute a wolf, therefor it isn't a crime when the wolf kills you.

Instead of making the idiots self-responsible, you give them useless(!)[1] vindictiveness to encourage them to think of themselves as victims and encourage them to be irresponsible blobs of apathetic flesh.

Also "boys being boys" (and doing "crimes" while learning) does apply because harsh punishment of boyish mistakes is of limited efficacy[2].

[1] It won't discourage others from doing it anonymously.

[2]  It won't discourage others from doing it much because it is a natural learning curve for young men as dictated by nature.
legendary
April 05, 2015, 01:03:08 PM

I think he should have gotten maybe 6 months.

April 05, 2015, 01:01:14 PM

I think he should have gotten maybe 6 - 24 months to teach him that extortion is a crime. But 18 years! For something that isn't a crime because others will do it anonymously and can't be prosecuted. You can't prosecute a wolf, therefor it isn't a crime when the wolf kills you.

legendary
April 05, 2015, 12:58:36 PM
I am not responding to personalized self-help requests, because if you haven't noticed I am overloaded trying to survive Multiple Sclerosis and perhaps make the technological solutions we need to survive the coming hell, while simultaneously completing some normal projects to buttress my financial situation.

You send one guy to prison for 18 years for doing what others will do anonymously and never go to prison for. Is that justice?

(he will be 46 years old when he gets out of prison, assuming no early parole)

You destroy a naive, young man's life for something that will not protect the "victims" (because they are not victims and didn't protect themselves against the anonymous internet that is coming).

My gosh if you can't find inspiration on the internet for projects, then you probably have no chance in the Knowledge Age. I can find a new project every 10 minutes. But my interests are not your interests, so I can't find them for you.

P.S. I have not yet walked through a TSA body scanner. People trust those images will never be hacked, but I don't. And that isn't even the reason I am not subjecting myself to that abuse.

I have never stepped into a body scanner and never will. Sometimes they attempt to intimidate me but it never works. I just politely refuse. As for you not wanting to suggest one your every ten minutes ideas, that's fine. I will work it out myself.

As for feeling sorry for an extorter, well like I said, we will agree to disagree.
April 05, 2015, 12:47:06 PM
I am not responding to personalized self-help requests, because if you haven't noticed I am overloaded trying to survive Multiple Sclerosis and perhaps make the technological solutions we need to survive the coming hell, while simultaneously completing some normal projects to buttress my financial situation.

You send one guy to prison for 18 years for doing what others will do anonymously and never go to prison for. Is that justice?

(he will be 46 years old when he gets out of prison, assuming no early parole)

You destroy a naive, young man's life for something that will not protect the "victims" (because they are not victims and didn't protect themselves against the anonymous internet that is coming).

My gosh if you can't find inspiration on the internet for projects, then you probably have no chance in the Knowledge Age. I can find a new project every 10 minutes. But my interests are not your interests, so I can't find them for you.

P.S. I have not yet walked through a TSA body scanner. People trust those images will never be hacked, but I don't. And that isn't even the reason I am not subjecting myself to that abuse. Facebook has images of my genitals and I thoroughly expect they will become public one day. But my face is not in the pics, and I am proud enough any way.  Tongue
legendary
April 05, 2015, 12:37:04 PM
what if she has pics taken of her without her knowledge?

Then she didn't protect herself.

Do you expect the government to protect you against wolves in the forest? Send the wolf to animal prison after your daughter is dead.

You still didn't get the point! (and this shows why society must crash & burn over next decade, because the IQ level of most people is too low)

coinits, you entirely missed the point. Nature doesn't give a fuck what you want or think should be. It will create an anonymous internet then you CAN NOT prosecute those who anonymously publish copyrighted (or immoral) images.

I guarantee you someone will copy his business behind a Tor hidden service (except that Tor hidden services have problems so maybe we have to wait for my proposed improvement).

People are going to have to learn the hard way, the difference "what should be" and "what is".

I was going to make the deeper, salient point that morals are conflicting (every group has different morals) thus asking for the government to step in is the same as asking for a Orwellian police state, but I doubt you could comprehend this.

No. People need to take care of themselves. In the case of the scumbags doing that, I would have no problem getting my own revenge if they brought such harm to someone I love. I am not pro nanny state. I am pro decency. Again, I have no problem with this fucker going to jail for 18 years. It is the right thing to do.

Also a society needs a government that represents all people and not like we have today. Government today is inherently fascist and their mutant form of capitalism has been created to rob humanity of its wealth, while imposing a police state based on a global fear-based economy.

Anarchy is just as bad and just as evil as a global corpo-fascist givernment.

But back to the victim. It is not possible to always be protected from a violation of privacy. There are evil fuckers hell bent of doing whatever they can to make a buck no matter how.

Let's just agree to disagree and get back to talking economics. I agree with 95-99% of what you say. And I will ask you again; since you never responded to me before:

I think that the knowledge revolution is very real and is here. I do have programming skills but am lacking inspiration. I would love a good project to tackle. What ideas do you have that may inspire me?
April 05, 2015, 12:23:37 PM

Then she didn't protect herself.

Do you expect the government to protect you against wolves in the forest? Send the wolf to animal prison after your daughter is dead.

You still didn't get the point! (and this shows why society must crash & burn over next decade, because the IQ level of most people is too low)

coinits, you entirely missed the point. Nature doesn't give a fuck what you want or think should be. It will create an anonymous internet then you CAN NOT prosecute those who anonymously publish copyrighted (or immoral) images.

I guarantee you someone will copy his business behind a Tor hidden service (except that Tor hidden services have problems so maybe we have to wait for my proposed improvement).

People are going to have to learn the hard way, the difference "what should be" and "what is".

I was going to make the deeper, salient point that morals are conflicting (every group has different morals) thus asking for the government to step in is the same as asking for a Orwellian police state, but I doubt you could comprehend this. I was teaching my Grandad this concept when I was in the vicinity of 12 years old. He was smart enough to eventually get it.
legendary
April 05, 2015, 12:22:23 PM
... BUT being dumb does not mean that you deserve to be humiliated and extorted.

Why not? Always worked that way in real life such as elementary and especially high school.

Suddenly we get to adulthood and the government takes care of us like we are children. How did we regress as we "matured"?

I find it vile and repugnant that someone would do this.

I  bet if it was one of your daughters you would not be so quick to side with the criminal.

Then protect your daughter by advising her to not upload repugnant images of herself and for her to be aware of hidden cams when she undresses.

What happened to self-responsibility?

April 05, 2015, 12:19:35 PM
... BUT being dumb does not mean that you deserve to be humiliated and extorted.

Why not? Always worked that way in real life such as elementary and especially high school.

Suddenly we get to adulthood and the government takes care of us like we are children. How did we regress as we "matured"?

I find it vile and repugnant that someone would do this.

I  bet if it was one of your daughters you would not be so quick to side with the criminal.

Then protect your daughter by advising her to not upload repugnant images of herself and for her to be aware of hidden cams when she undresses.

What happened to self-responsibility?
legendary
April 05, 2015, 12:10:48 PM

Wrong. Economics and anonymity do not trump morals nor criminal behavior. This guys is a scumbag and deserves incarceration.

coinits, you can't seriously believe posting some images on the internet deserve incarceration? I'm not trying to derail the thread, but while his actions might be immoral I think it's arguable to define it as criminal simply as no-one is being harmed. Please don't bring up the fool that trusted this person with her pictures, she made her decision, let her be an example to others- and so she should be.

Posting nude images of someone by a third party out of spite and revenge and then another third party using blackmail to force victim to pay to remove pictures is criminal. People should not be dumb enough to allow digital nudes of themselves to be taken BUT being dumb does not mean that you deserve to be humiliated and extorted. I find it vile and repugnant that someone would do this.

April 05, 2015, 12:04:53 PM

bigtimespaghetti, the victimless crime argument is somewhat dubious in this case. There are claimed victims, although one can argue they harmed themselves (but collectivized moral politics doesn't work that way). The point here is that morals do not trump nature. Society can't control what it can't control. People have to learn to defend themselves, e.g. in this case not making immoral images of themselves available in the first place.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
bigtimespaghetti.com
April 05, 2015, 10:33:13 AM

Wrong. Economics and anonymity do not trump morals nor criminal behavior. This guys is a scumbag and deserves incarceration.

coinits, you can't seriously believe posting some images on the internet deserve incarceration? I'm not trying to derail the thread, but while his actions might be immoral I think it's arguable to define it as criminal simply as no-one is being harmed. Please don't bring up the fool that trusted this person with her pictures, she made her decision, let her be an example to others- and so she should be.
legendary
April 05, 2015, 10:17:38 AM
April 05, 2015, 09:54:05 AM
---------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: Internet without my improvements will be DDoS'ed to hell
Date:    Sun, April 5, 2015 7:50 am
To:      "Armstrong Economics" <[email protected]>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything is falling right into place exactly as I anticipated:

http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6717&cpage=1#comment-1500587
http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6717&cpage=1#comment-1500708

The only solution of course is the one I have proposed.

Do understand that DDoS attacks are likely financed by the DEEP STATE, because the only viable way to defend against these attacks is to have anti-DDoS provider which has many nodes at the internet backbone. Such providers are surely receiving national security gag orders or otherwise being compromised by the NSA. Thus your website is effectively at the mercy of the powers-that-be. Worse yet, these providers use their own SSL certificate as proxy except if you pay big money, thus this is another way for the NSA to defeat SSL for millions of smaller websites, e.g. see the free and low-cost options offered by CloudFlare.
April 05, 2015, 09:42:54 AM
Subject: Armstrong's fundamental myopia: Top-down (fungible) can't beget bottom-up (non-fungible)
Date:    Sun, April 5, 2015 9:47 am

Armstrong is correct that we are headed into a very impoverishing outcome for those can't make the transition to the Knowledge Age, and especially those who have relied on a society where they will be taken care of by pensions and government.

That bankrupt society is going to expropriate all the stored monetary capital it can find under the guise of providing what was promised by society, but along the way the corruption of this top-down, collectivism is going to waste all those expropriated resources.

Armstrong proposes that the only way we can prosper in a Knowledge Age is to share our production with those who fucked themselves, by doing a debt-to-equity swap and let collective society ride on the back of Knowledge Age productivity in terms of the ROI on equity.

To understand why this can't work, refer to the "Financiability of Knowledge" in my seminal essays linked from the opening post of this thread. Armstrong has a fundamental error, which is that knowledge capital (unlike stored monetary capital) is not fungible! Knowledge production will be generated from the grassroots, not by large publicly traded companies. There is no way to subsidize the Industrial Age economy! It can't be done. That sector is bankrupt and it is impossible to extract value from the Knowledge Age and transfer it to that bankrupt sector.

There is  no way to expropriate the Knowledge Age workers. We will (by necessity) move into a parallel economy with an anonymous, crypto-currency and we will continue to transact even if the brick&mortar economy collapses into riots and looting.

Indeed Armstrong is correct that the brick&mortar economy will fall into a Dark Age. They will eventually do some sort of monetary reset with a one-world reserve currency, but it won't decentralize that monetary system to be compatible with the Knowledge Age. Instead it will simply be a eugenics system for those who stay in that "mainstream" economy. The Knowledge Age economy will be growing while the mainstream economy is withering.

There is no other possibility. Sorry. Wish there was.

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2015/04/05/trying-to-take-the-next-step-forward-in-economic-evolution/

Quote from: Armstrong
Trying to Take the Next Step Forward in Economic Evolution

We either back out of this mess with a restructuring to end federal debt and taxes restoring our liberty or this turns into the bloodbath. There is really no choice because you have so many people who believed in government who have no savings to sustain their retirement for they counted on some program or their pension fund has 40%+ government bonds. We have the evolution process of the economy to technology that is a wave of Creative Destruction rendering a large chunk or society unable to make the transition to a different skill set, and the typical way such waves are resolved has been with war which thins the herd.

Robots will eventually replace the military and police right down to Uber Drivers. This is extremely DEFLATIONARY which is part of the current trend as low skill jobs vanish to the peripheral economies. A reset in diminishing the numbers within the herd may be part of the cycle if we are not careful here.

The danger that is on the horizon becomes the control-alt-delete event. That is when one portion of the global economy advances too fast that it loses touch with the basic fundamentals and the whole thing implodes into a Dark Age. Look at it this way. If there was a massive civil unrest to the point normal commerce ceases to move, NYC has 7 days worth of food. Those people will have to leave the cities and rob the suburbs or starve. They lost the knowledge of how to even grow food.

This is the risk placed on the table with Marxism for it handed power to government and justified its new role as the manipulator. In the process, the majority of people just assume everything tomorrow will be as it is today for government will protect us.

The Private Wave that peaked in 1929.75 justified the shift to government with the new deal beginning with the low in that wave 1934.05. Gold was confiscated right with that turn. The the CONFIDENCE moved back to government and that Public Wave peaked precisely with the peak in interest rate 1981.35. The low of 1985.65 was the birth of G5 and the Plaza Accord. Government has been fighting to regain control during the Private Wave and the world economy will end with a shift to Asia for 2032.95. There is a huge risk that we will NOT have a new age of technology in the West, but this may be akin to the fall of Rome which our advancements have moved too far too fast like the NSA.

Theories of transitions to new eras abound, but lack the research of such events. When jets were introduced, the bulk of pilots who flew prop planes could not make the transition just as others could not make the transition to computers. The same took place in trading. When screens came out, many old traders left for they could not get use to trading over screens. Changes in technology displace jobs and have typically been marked with DEFLATIONARY trends. Unions overpriced themselves at the docks in NYC and today no ships dock there at all. The unions destroyed their own jobs by their greed.

There was an elderly woman in her late 50s who made a comment in the hallway about my staff – Marty and the girls. From her perspective, I hired only young girls, from my perspective they could handle technology she could not. She would rather characterize this as an age bias rather than admit she lacked the skill set necessary for the computer age.

So indeed, welcome to the obsolete world where Marxism is destroying everything for government assumes it is justified to manipulate society. This is the risk we may not make the next step in the evolutionary process to some world of technology marvels. We cannot make this next transition with government simultaneously chasing loose change. For in their pursuit of money and taxes, they destroy the synergy that is critical to bind society into civilization. Cut those silver cords that bind us together turning everyone against one another (see something say something), and we may not make it to the future.

This is why the most critical step here is to remove government from the aggressor mode. We cannot reach a new age as slaves. So this is a full-blow control-alt-delete which you need to get off the grid, or we can reduce the amplitude of the crash and burn to make it to the next step. You will not get to that next step without addressing government.
April 05, 2015, 07:48:36 AM
Subject: Internet without my improvements will be DDoS'ed to hell
Date:    Sun, April 5, 2015 7:50 am

Everything is falling right into place exactly as I anticipated:

http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6717&cpage=1#comment-1500587
http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=6717&cpage=1#comment-1500708

The only solution of course is the one I have proposed.
April 05, 2015, 06:40:34 AM
Subject: Did Armstrong just agree with me?
Date:    Sun, April 5, 2015 6:46 am
To:      "Armstrong Economics" <[email protected]>

Besides the implausibility of Armstrong's proposed non-solution (sovereign bond-to-equity swaps) due to incompatible asset classes and such a swap only being incentivized as a last resort when default is already occurring, the more serious flaw in his proposal is that it perpetuates uneconomic attitudes and behaviour. It rewards those in society who are still stuck in the Industrial Age capitalism, where usury, NAV, and fixed rates of return are a viable investment model. It rewards all those who bought into a top-down managed society. It will sustain disincentives for maximally economic activity. It is moral hazard, because it proposes to steal from the Knowledge Age to make whole the dying Industrial Age and also to make whole all the assholes who got rich on that dead paradigm.

Fuck it! It must crash and burn. That is the only way to usher in the Knowledge Age.

A government that holds everybody's hand, motivates the people to lose their diligence and become apathetic blobs of flesh. For as long as the government will punish the free market for your individual apathy, then the demand for solutions to your need to protect yourself won't exist. You see how trade and free markets work and then don't work when government stomps on them.

I am not sure if below Armstrong agreed with my point above, or if he is still clinging to the notion that the citizens should be protected for participating in a top-down collectivized system. Again my point is all those who participated in the top-down attempt to control nature, should (and will!) suffer default (and expropriation). And that is exactly what is coming to fruition, i.e. the costs will be charged to those who were apathetic blobs of flesh instead of individually protecting themselves. If you were stupid enough to trust your life to the top-down, collectivized society, then you will suffer. I saw this coming back as early as 1992 (or earlier) when I campaigned for Ross Perot. I imbued myself with programming Knowledge Age skills, starting from age 13 not just because I liked it, but because I consciously recognized at an early age that the career required no fixed capital investment! Really I developed my Knowledge Age theory about when I was 19 or so (note I will be 50 in June).

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2015/04/05/austria-to-default-on-bank-guarantees/

Quote from: Armstrong
Austria is now planning a far-reaching reform of deposit insurance – default. You pay taxes all your life and you are told government is there to protect you. Austria demonstrates the future all nations will face for they now propose a bill which provides that savers’ deposits in Austria will no longer be guaranteed by government. The banks should be responsible for the safety of savings, not the government. Your taxes are just for their benefit, not to protect the people. This is the latest report from a Viennese newspaper press and standard.

Little by little, we are watching the collapse of government and the entire socialist agenda. Governments are incapable of managing the economy because they are inherently corrupt and cannot function for the benefit of the people when it always becomes a question between funding their life-style v the people. We just have to be honest here and look at this Public v Private battle that has waged since the first person put something on his head and claimed he was king.

Btw, Armstrong had correctly predicted Austria to be ground zero of the domino contagion.
Pages:
Jump to: