Pages:
Author

Topic: Economic Totalitarianism - page 86. (Read 345738 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 262
August 12, 2015, 11:51:21 AM
Even India is participating in the turning of gold into a useless relic:

http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/archives/35876

August 12, 2015, 11:23:24 AM
Is this standard proof of work + different form of anonymity, or some new, bizarre, finite resource like "proof of capcity" to drive the chain and a system built on top of that?

Now I have to finish the white paper on the consensus network.

It is proof-of-work, but it is a separation-of-concerns innovation that breaks up the responsibilities so that not everything has to go on the block chain. In that way, in theory it becomes scalable and also enables instant confirmations. In theory this prevents mining centralization, and makes it sure you can always push your transaction to the network, i.e. censorship proof. Hopefully it also provides for more fault tolerance to a fragmented internet, but I still need to work through a lot of the details before I can completely characterize the attributes of this design. I am still somewhat in invention mode of some aspects of the consensus network. I have to get all my ideas about the economic details written down and threshed out. I had started to do that, then got sidetracked on the anonymity paper, because the PhD in math needs to work on the anonymity and EdDSA implementations so I had to prepare that first. I already coded Ed25519 implementation, but we need also Ed41417 or Ed521 and I need peer review on all that code as well.

I hope the consensus network design will be more innovative than the anonymity. I was surprised that I stumbled onto to the anonymity innovation. The anonymity alone is enough to release a coin with. So we shouldn't delay too much. I have a lot to balance, because of my health issues. I felt much better after getting to the gym and not being on the computer from noon to 10pm. Maybe it is just trying to do too much as one person. Let's see how organization proceeds...

So now back to my main area of responsibility which will be the consensus network. So I really can't give you a firm summary yet. Also I'd much prefer to not talk in public, as any of this will be released anonymously and then let the market decide from the white papers.

I will talk less about this, so please don't ask me any more questions about it. Not to be unfriendly but for one reason just because I am a US citizen (for the moment) and I feel this is problemmatic. For example, I can not be the controlling group for any such coin due to SEC regulations. That is why I recruit others and I will work on the technology. The other reason is that if anyone does successfully topple Bitcoin, they are going to be subject to so much scrutiny. I am 50 years old. I've had a bizarre life. I don't want to be on public display. I will exit stage left and let others take over. There are many capable people. But only a few people are capable of getting something started from the ground up. I see my role as the instigator.

Edit: I wrote a unique proof-of-work hash in 2014 that can be reused. There is considerable professional cryptanalysis done on this hash I did, because I tweaked a NIST candidate. This will be another innovation. I believe it has advantages over Cryptonote's proof-of-work hash. But let's reserve that judgement to actual bench marks and market performance.

Edit#2: we also need to improve upon Tor, I2P, and Bitmessage. Not only ease-of-use sucks, but also they are fundamentally not reliable anonymity nor even privacy in all scenarios. These are not sufficient for anonymous internet. I discovered the key flaw in Tor and I2P (and not just that it can be Sybil attacked because it is free, which is another flaw that probably needs to be fixed). So I know what needs to be done there also, but I haven't decided whether to do the anonymity network first or the coin first. I am just working as fast as I can. An improved anonymity network can help all crypto-coins including Bitcoin, as well our general use of the internet. The anonymity network work may be the most dangerous. TPTB are very afraid of hidden services economy selling drugs and any other services that TPTB want a monopoly on. They strike with a vengeance against Silk Road, Pirate Bay, etc..
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
August 12, 2015, 12:49:47 AM
Congrats sir  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
August 11, 2015, 11:55:01 PM
Is this standard proof of work + different form of anonymity, or some new, bizarre, finite resource like "proof of capcity" to drive the chain and a system built on top of that?
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
August 11, 2015, 11:52:43 PM
Finished the white paper on anonymity. I'd say Monero and Bitcoin are both doomed. I am sitting on an innovation that is going to shock the community.

My eyes took a beating until 3am trying to finish it.

I thought I had achieved my goal some weeks ago when I wrote down the rough algorithm and math. But then when writing it down carefully with all the equations in the white paper, I found a flaw yesterday morning. I worked and worked on it all day and into the night. And I was thinking I had failed. I couldn't delink the ____ from the _____! Every way that I tried failed!

Then suddenly at 1am I figured out how to rescue and achieve my goal for the ON CHAIN anonymity. I could barely see by that time.

This is not an obvious innovation. It was a hard fought epiphany. It is as revolutionary and shocking as Cryptonote was. It is math and math guys will love this.

I am proud of myself. I didn't know if I could achieve this, but I did!

I am now officially an autodidact cryptographer. I've earned my stripes finally after 2.5 years of trying to come up-to-speed.

P.S. Slept well, eyes rejuvenated, heading out to gym. Will try to get back to a more sane work schedule now that I've achieved one of the main milestones.

Congratulations, now maybe you can have a sleep breakthrough.  Wink Seriously, take better care of yourself.
August 11, 2015, 11:26:06 PM
I have a PhD in math from the USA looking at it later this week. And I am trying recruit a prominent person in this forums who has the math and crypto-currency knowledge to evaluate it.

As well, my preexisting two angel investors are both programmers, so they can also evaluate it.

So I should know by next week or so, if there is an unfixable flaw or not. I am reasonably sure I've combed over it with a fine tooth comb already myself.

It also means I am not the only one holding a copy, so killing me won't stop this from being released.

My experience recruiting Europeans has been they are extremely spoiled rotten. They have a very relaxed and laid back attitude about work, and/or extremely self centered. Doesn't mesh with my hard driving, teamwork style. I have a PhD from the USA who is closer to my age. I prefer that. No more young snots for me. Wasted too much time on their nonsense and aggrandized egos already. What happened to the era where young guys wanted to be an apprentice and respected their elders  Huh The era in which the old and wise could give back to the younger generation. The world is upside down.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
August 11, 2015, 11:19:30 PM

Congratulations, TPTB.  Smiley

Don't dawdle in getting your work out to people who can vet it (obviously I cannot).  I recall that England's Wiles hit a big snag at the end of proving Fermat's Last Theorem, seems to frequently happen to the best.  Maybe some of your Angel Investors might want a peek.  

Who knows, you might want to get a copy put up very quietly in the cloud (or two or three places) as well as on multiple flash-drives.

I would *guess* that you may find a peer or two here at bitcointalk who would delighted to look over your work without much risk of .gov snooping.

Run with it.  If it's that good, the money's there, some of your problems would be solved.

Estonia has good mathematicians and programmers...  Wink
August 11, 2015, 10:54:22 PM
Finished the white paper on anonymity. I'd say Monero and Bitcoin are both doomed. I am sitting on an innovation that is going to shock the community.

My eyes took a beating until 3am trying to finish it.

I thought I had achieved my goal some weeks ago when I wrote down the rough algorithm and math. But then when writing it down carefully with all the equations in the white paper, I found a flaw yesterday morning. I worked and worked on it all day and into the night. And I was thinking I had failed. I couldn't delink the ____ from the _____! Every way that I tried failed!

Then suddenly at 1am I figured out how to rescue and achieve my goal for the ON CHAIN anonymity. I could barely see by that time.

This is not an obvious innovation. It was a hard fought epiphany. It is as revolutionary and shocking as Cryptonote was. It is math and math guys will love this.

I am proud of myself. I didn't know if I could achieve this, but I did!

I am now officially an autodidact cryptographer. I've earned my stripes finally after 2.5 years of trying to come up-to-speed.

P.S. Slept well, eyes rejuvenated, heading out to gym. Will try to get back to a more sane work schedule now that I've achieved one of the main milestones.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
August 11, 2015, 02:50:38 PM

Looks like you are in a rush, so we'll catch up with you later (or maybe never, you know Philippine and mañana time):

I laughed at these posts. The pictures were quite entertaining.

I've always thought of purchasing one of those buses to rent out like Taxis or Limos for large parties, but I've never really gotten around to it. And I think I'd avoid sticking people on the roof.
August 11, 2015, 05:45:20 AM

Looks like you are in a rush, so we'll catch up with you later (or maybe never, you know Philippine and mañana time):

legendary
August 10, 2015, 11:22:27 PM
haha I am working on getting out of here, within the next 9 months I hope to be picking my own olives.
If you can have your own business, that's far better than working for a larger company. You get to choose your own hours, and when everything gets done, the only issue is that you have to do a lot of the work yourself, but that can be easily offset with the right motivation.

I intend to start my own business to survive over there, I have many years of experience repairing industrial equipment, so if Pedro needs a gate welded or a pump rebuilt quickly I can help, if not I'll come back to Oz, kick back and become a Josef Mengele experiment in a Fema camp  Cool

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
August 10, 2015, 11:00:22 PM
haha I am working on getting out of here, within the next 9 months I hope to be picking my own olives.
If you can have your own business, that's far better than working for a larger company. You get to choose your own hours, and when everything gets done, the only issue is that you have to do a lot of the work yourself, but that can be easily offset with the right motivation.
legendary
August 10, 2015, 10:42:22 PM
August 10, 2015, 10:16:49 PM

Of course the retired former yuppies come out to the farms and expect it to be clean and without any manure.

In S.A., you purchase a 1,000 or 10,000 acre farm so this doesn't become an issue. 150 ha seems a bit small to attempt what he is doing in a country like Australia. I would say it is his fault. Just like it will be your fault if you stay there and suffer the consequences. Blame doesn't pay the rent.

Without extra feeding as he is doing, I think the general rule is maximum of 2 head of cattle per ha.
legendary
August 10, 2015, 08:31:27 PM
Trump is a Trojan Horse. He is for big business and military-industrial DEEP STATE power:

http://journal.ijreview.com/2015/08/246266-dont-fall-for-a-fake-conservative/
Pages:
Jump to: