Pages:
Author

Topic: [EDU] How to spot a scammer (Read this before doing any transactions!) - page 10. (Read 139981 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Weighted companion cube
Money pak trader will be removed from my list. I think he is trust worthy. I have been watching him for months.

Tomatocage will you let me know when you update your list? can you just post added or removed with the names and link and I will edit my list based on that
Why are you using someone else's list and claiming it to be your own?
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
Changed the color of legit users (ie. ones probably not shell accounts created for the sole purpose of scamming) to green. They are still may "fit the profile," so as usual use caution when doing business with anybody on here.

Changed the color of users who have completed successful trades to green as well.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
tldr has also been removed from my list he is trusted MPT tradefortress has been added until the matter has been resolved
legendary
Activity: 966
Money pak trader will be removed from my list. I think he is trust worthy. I have been watching him for months.

Tomatocage will you let me know when you update your list? can you just post added or removed with the names and link and I will edit my list based on that
legendary
legendary
How many successful trades does someone need before being recognized as a trustworthy trader and removed from "pending"?
Does this include OTC or just forum confirmations of reputable trading?
Good question. I put your entry up when you first started posting, but you've been around for a while now with (I'm guessing) some successful trades.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
hahah your funny there is no limit you could have 100 good trades and still be suspect;)  but 5-10 and your in the clear and using escrow makes you very trustworthy
Hi.

I am the president of Phi Beta Lambda for my local chapter. I'm also vice-president for PBL on the state level for Colorado. Here's a picture of my local officer team:

We want to raise awareness and create a scholarship in memory of the recent and tragic school shooting in Colorado. This goes towards community service and will be an excellent way to place Colorado on the national PBL map. All of the students (242 active PBL members in Colorado) are excited to move forward with this.

We decided to take a different approach this time. Due to budget cuts across the board in education, many school's student governments are being much tighter with their money; as we are activating new chapters left and right, funding is hard to come by. So, we turn to bitcoins. We are hoping to teach students economic lessons in a real-world environment.

We will be ordering t-shirts and reselling them across Colorado Campuses during high-traffic times. We have previously done this and sold out. Everytime. With food, valentine's goodies, tshirts, wristbands, you name it. We have contacted babbletees.com/ who will give us a discount and produce custom tees for us.

We also plan to raise awareness by creating a database of cell phone numbers and sending out a mass sms message to gently remind students to be kind and caring to one another. The service we selected for this was http://www.txt4coins.net/

I, Chris Dickerson, am asking you help reach our 40 bitcoin goal to fund this excellent endeavor. Any school names cannot be associated due to issues of contracts and liability. However, I can provide any information you need and guarantee that you will see a ROI within two and a half weeks. All I ask is that, in the nature of the project, you consider giving us a low interest rate.

I will provide whatever information you need upon a return message. Thank you for your consideration.

Warm Regards,

Chris Dickerson
Colorado PBL VP

this is my fav so far 2 posts and when i ask for docs proving this or to verify with btcjam just abandons the account. ahahahha Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225
Away on an extended break
I'm stickying this - ample warnings are given to anyone who are looking to post in this subforum.
legendary
Good stuff as always. Since it's gotten quite a bit denser on the front page, you should also post what you've added / changed so we know what to look for. Smiley

Thanks, I'll try to do that from this point forward.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
Updated.

Good stuff as always. Since it's gotten quite a bit denser on the front page, you should also post what you've added / changed so we know what to look for. Smiley
legendary
Wow all you do speculate about ppl scamming on this post...
Wtf lol

legendary
Wtf lol

Funny how that works. You get loaned coins and then you suddenly either lose all interest in Bitcoin (and paying back your debt) and/or "forget" your login and create a new account, again not paying back your debt. And I see you haven't logged in for a few days, so I wonder which category you fit into.
legendary
Wtf lol

Welcome to Bitcoin.

Unfortunately, most of the speculations noted above are pretty true to form. Watch yourself out there Wink
Activity: 140
Trying hard To Keep Things POSITIVE
Wtf lol
legendary
Activity: 1012
We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
Please confirm Jakers as a scammer on the list. There is plenty of confirmation in the "beware of jakers" thread.

Thanks.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
And I fit criteria #7 for being a scammer (except for the stolen part).  That's cool.  Do I get an award if I can create a post that matches all eight criteria?

Anyways thanks for the list.
legendary

5. Straight out of Newbie mode right into Lending (requesting a loan of course)
6. Straight out of Newbie mode right into Currency Exchange (PayPal, Liberty Reserve, Western Union)
7. Straight out of Newbie mode and selling gift cards/codes/Steam games of any kind
(they'll often be purchased with stolen CC info, leaving you holding the bag later on down the road)

Also to add onto this, "Straight out of Newbie mode right into Securities (gathering funding for an investment project with high ROI)".

I've seen this happen a couple of times. People have sort of learned their lesson after Pirate, but better safe than sorry I suppose.
Activity: 112
Merit: 16
8. Any user blatantly claiming to be female
Then also
9. Any user blatantly claiming to be male?

Explain? Huh

There actually are females using bitcoin, but it is common practice among scammers to pretend to be females in order to receive more favorable conditions, including using it as a scapegoat for making various mistakes. (read: I'm just a helpless girl!)

To add on to this: regardless of their sex, why would anyone need to announce their gender? You don't see the males of the forum going "Can anyone lend me some BitCoin? I'm a guy, btw Tongue"

People aren't likely to announce that they're a female if they're actually a female. The ones who do are either looking for special attention or are trying to scam people because, as we all know, no male on the internet has ever talked to a woman before. Wink
Pages:
Jump to: