Pages:
Author

Topic: [EDU] How to spot a scammer (Read this before doing any transactions!) - page 4. (Read 146650 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 112
Too many scammers on the net. I had some mistakes and lost 0.08 BTC totaly. But now i know how to manage my BTC balance thankfully Smiley
Activity: 294
Merit: 15
Good stuff, thanks. Is there a similar topic for ICO scams?
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
I always hate it when it comes to scam accusations because its the fault of the idiot that participates in it. Its best to take small risk but not big ones because we can end up loosing it all.
Activity: 11
ofc you will put your email, consider the escrow itself leave his email as contact and we need his services, obviously its good idea to leave any form of contact consider he's not using skype or anything like that.
or now you blaming me that some retards around (and they are 12312321321) trying to scam you because your email is public?
welcome to the bitcoin community where everyone is trying to rob you.
and me (the one who requested fair and honest trade via escrow) was pointed with bad names for no reason, just because i wanted the trade with the new member (you) to be secured via escrow?
you need some professional medical help mate.
im aware of the scammers around and i protect myself, but you or anyone stupid enough to fall on the scammers attempts deserve to be scammed.
i was glad that you didn't fall on those retards attempts, but now after seeing your lame excuses and trying to point fingers randomly to people who are looking to trade only via escrow because its the only safe say, i don't feel glad that they didn't catch you.

Edit: Also, stating you have some kind of proofs or anything, do you mind show the community, how im connected with the retards trying to scam you ?
or you just have evidences that you fucking placed your contact details public and you are easy target to everyone who trying to scam around?
at least, try to use your brain, you will get headache for sure but at least you may realize whats going on around you.

WHAT EVERYONE SHOULD NOTE AND ANYONE WHO WANTS TO SEE THE SCREEN SHOTS CAN PM ME PRIVATELY IS THAT THIS ASSCLOWN DANOS TOLD ME TO INITIATE THE ESCROW BY EMAILING AND SENDING A PM ON THE FORUM- I NEVER RECEIVED A RESPONSE TO THE EMAIL THE BUYER REQUESTING PROTECTION!! YET HE SOMEHOW WAS ABLE TO GET IN CONTACT WITH THE ESCROW VIA EMAIL (THE WORST METHOD OF CONTACT MIND YOU) BUT I WAS NEVER ABLE TO GET A RESPONSE, THEN GETS MAD AT ME FOR NOT SENDING THE SCREEN SHOTS TO SOME THIRD PARTY EMAIL CLAIMING TO BE ESCROW AS MENTIONED IN MY INITIAL POST. I WAS THE ONE AT RISK TO BE SCAMMED WITH MY MONEY , YET HES FLIPPING THE SCRIPT- HES GOT SOMETHING COMING

IF ANYONE WANTS TO SEE SCREENSHOTS PM ME
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
ofc you will put your email, consider the escrow itself leave his email as contact and we need his services, obviously its good idea to leave any form of contact consider he's not using skype or anything like that.
or now you blaming me that some retards around (and they are 12312321321) trying to scam you because your email is public?
welcome to the bitcoin community where everyone is trying to rob you.
and me (the one who requested fair and honest trade via escrow) was pointed with bad names for no reason, just because i wanted the trade with the new member (you) to be secured via escrow?
you need some professional medical help mate.
im aware of the scammers around and i protect myself, but you or anyone stupid enough to fall on the scammers attempts deserve to be scammed.
i was glad that you didn't fall on those retards attempts, but now after seeing your lame excuses and trying to point fingers randomly to people who are looking to trade only via escrow because its the only safe say, i don't feel glad that they didn't catch you.

Edit: Also, stating you have some kind of proofs or anything, do you mind show the community, how im connected with the retards trying to scam you ?
or you just have evidences that you fucking placed your contact details public and you are easy target to everyone who trying to scam around?
at least, try to use your brain, you will get headache for sure but at least you may realize whats going on around you.
Hi im new and I feel I almost got sucked in and scammed last night-

Although the user involved isnt a newbie the way I went about the escrow was completely wrong upon reading this section- I tried to use Monbux- but there was another email that linked to monbux- first it seemed like i was dealing with the monbux.bitcointalk but the email was [email protected] than another email from [email protected] - I was very confused- i wanted to purchase an S9 i have been looking on here for a while but i dont know who or what to trust and not sure how to proceed.

Can someone give some advice or give some insight- I thought the intital user was legit who himself was pointing out shady users- but then again after reading this i realized real quick if its too good to be true it usually is and that i never got a response from the actual escrow account itself- thats when i had to cancel the gift card transaction but i want to make purchases and transactions securely in the future

I requested escrow dealing with this jerk.
Why calling him jerk? Because i requested escrow for s9 sale and told him to request escrow "monbux" because i found him the most trusted around.
After him posting his email requesting escrow service, few scammers contacted him obviously trying to rob him, and this idiot not only refusing to use escrow because some retards around trying to catch him, but also point me with bad names saying im the one trying to trick him.
So, idiot, i told you twice, we using escrow and escrow only because you are shady as fuck and i will never deal you directly.
I told you also twice to never respond anyone else than monbux but you obviously did and then trying to clean yourself pointing other people with bad names for no reason.
Well guess what, you are proven failed scammer or an idiot who can't run away properly when your scam got failed.
For all people reading this, please, beware that idiot is trying to waste your time and pull you with some bullshit story so he can cover his failed attempt to scam.
Beware and always request escrow using this guy.
You were warned

DANOS IS THE GUY WHO TOLD ME TO PUT MY EMAIL IN THE THREAD TO THE ESCROW! HE KNEW I WAS A NEWBIE AND TRIED TO EXPLOIT ME!! HE PRESSURED ME AND I DIDNT ACCUSE ME BUT AFTER HE CALLED ME AN IDIOT I HAVE SCREEN SHOTS AND EMAIL PROOF THAT I WAS NOT DEALING WITH MONBUX BUT A FRAUD MOST LIKELY DANOS! BEWARE WHEN DEALING WITH PUNKS TRYING TO RUSH YOU INTO SENDING THEM AMAZON GIFT CARDS TO EXPEDITE A TRANSACTION! SHADY AS FUCK IS RIGHT ! YOU WOUDLNT PROVIDE ANY PROOF OF THE S9 AND I NEVER RECIEVED ANY MESSAGES FROM THE ACTUAL ESCROW SERVICE EVER! IT WAS ALWAYS A FAKE ACCOUNT! WITH THE EMAILS MENTIONED IN MY ORIGINAL THREAD
Activity: 308

Although the user involved isnt a newbie the way I went about the escrow was completely wrong upon reading this section- I tried to use Monbux- but there was another email that linked to monbux- first it seemed like i was dealing with the monbux.bitcointalk but the email was [email protected] than another email from [email protected] - I was very confused- i wanted to purchase an S9 i have been looking on here for a while but i dont know who or what to trust and not sure how to proceed.

Can someone give some advice or give some insight- I thought the intital user was legit who himself was pointing out shady users- but then again after reading this i realized real quick if its too good to be true it usually is and that i never got a response from the actual escrow account itself- thats when i had to cancel the gift card transaction but i want to make purchases and transactions securely in the future

I requested escrow dealing with this jerk.
Why calling him jerk? Because i requested escrow for s9 sale and told him to request escrow "monbux" because i found him the most trusted around.
After him posting his email requesting escrow service, few scammers contacted him obviously trying to rob him, and this idiot not only refusing to use escrow because some retards around trying to catch him, but also point me with bad names saying im the one trying to trick him.
So, idiot, i told you twice, we using escrow and escrow only because you are shady as fuck and i will never deal you directly.
I told you also twice to never respond anyone else than monbux but you obviously did and then trying to clean yourself pointing other people with bad names for no reason.
Well guess what, you are proven failed scammer or an idiot who can't run away properly when your scam got failed.
For all people reading this, please, beware that idiot is trying to waste your time and pull you with some bullshit story so he can cover his failed attempt to scam.
Beware and always request escrow using this guy.
You were warned

Activity: 132
Merit: 100
Very good overview.

But I see a "funny" problem:
If there appears a let's say, more intelligent scammer, he would first do his research and
will maybe find this post. Orienting on your descriptions the scammer could adapt his behavior
to avoid accusations and seems to be a trustworthy user.

But I think that is always a problem with detailed warnings: the bad guys can read them too and just adapt.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Very good information. Thanks for the good examples as well which are up there (examples of what scams look like and what genuine  propositions may look like).

I think one should not ignore the their intuition in this whole shebang.  If you get a gut feeling something is off or gonna go bad, or just not sure about it but cant quite put your finger on it.... its a good sign things may go sour... through all the years of experience one has had in the world, the unconscious mind can see pick up patterns we aren't aware of consciously, and that gut feeling is that i think at times.

I feel my sentences up there may not be written the best way... but my point is, don't ignore your gut feeling, trust your intuition.

The tips given in this topic is gold,  I hope the people who need it find it =)
Activity: 38
very informative, thank you.
Activity: 28
you can protect yourselves by doing this: 1. Don’t trust anyone claiming they will give you or help you mine bitcoin. Again, cryptocurrency is valued by cybercriminals for a reason, and nefarious behavior related to bitcoin runs rampant on social media and digital channels.
2. Avoid URLs associated with social media profiles advertising too-good-to-be-true bitcoin offers.
3. Be vigilant when engaging with the social media accounts of legitimate bitcoin brokers or trading platforms, as they are frequently victims of convincing impersonations.
4. Never engage in any financial transaction, bitcoin or otherwise, via direct message on social networks.
If you have already been scammed, report the crime to the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center, but do not expect to see your bitcoins again.
Activity: 1
Hello all, I am new to this forum and cannot post yet, once I have the rights I will most likely place this comment in its own post. Question: do any of you have information on whether to or not invest on multilevel bitcoin schemes, where alleged brokers do trading for you in exchange of a % on the earnings, it seems that a 5% daily return is very attractive, among other payments for referrals, etc.  E.g. twobitcoin, mecoin,
this seems to good to be true. your comments are higly appreciated.

Thanks!
Activity: 672
Someone said it elsewhere: the hardcore usage of "sir" and/or "bro" seems to be done by scammers.

i cannot see the use of "sir" and "bro", one of the other sure, but who walks around using sir and bro together, lol, just lightening the mood, sorry
There is no certain word that can make you considered as a scammer, therefire using of sir or bro didn't indicate a person as a scammer(usually). Actually, scammers are those who will let you realize that you can get more advantage than with them if both of you are going to deal. They will late you panic, to close the deal in order to make an very swift transaction. Never fall on their traps.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1192
I don't believe in denial.
I was wanting to buy an Antminer S7 4.7TH/s. I've got contacted by BTC909 who's willing to sell me one. But after reading this post. I have my reservations in dealing with him, since, like me, he's also a newbie. Anyone can advise me on how I can purchase an Antminer?

what trading options do I have?

Thanks for the advise.

Use a well known and trusted escrow service (like - for instance - OgNasty, Blazed or PsychoticBoy)...

But - please - first check the user carefully to be sure you have the right one (status, trust, previous posts et cetera).

A popular way of scamming seems to be a newby (yes, noobs again, sorry... but true) who assumes a name similar to a trusted member's name...
Activity: 70
Activity: 8
Hey we all have to start somewhere both new

Yes. But I can wait for some veterans for advise. I hope you understand.
Activity: 70
Hey we all have to start somewhere both new
Activity: 8
I was wanting to buy an Antminer S7 4.7TH/s. I've got contacted by BTC909 who's willing to sell me one. But after reading this post. I have my reservations in dealing with him, since, like me, he's also a newbie. Anyone can advise me on how I can purchase an Antminer?

what trading options do I have?

Thanks for the advise.
Activity: 835
Merit: 502
This or something similar should be pinned to the digital goods forum, God knows how many people get scammed there.
Pages:
Jump to: