Pages:
Author

Topic: [EDU] How to spot a scammer (Read this before doing any transactions!) - page 6. (Read 146650 times)

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
This is a very nice section to keep an eye out for scammers. I have lost Btc I was earning using faucets on other places so this thing will make me be more aware. Thank you for sharing the information.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
wonderful. as new member i have taken some notes down already.
thanks Op you did well here.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
...he slanders users who might threaten his dealings. His escrow service takes a percentage of your coin. If you are comfortable giving up tithes to him...

What kind of activity "threatens" his dealings? Not going through his escrow? Going through a competitor?

I personally didn't go through escrow, and after having contacted him regarding the loan I had running, my entry was amended to reflect the completion of that loan.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Many honest people are being reported by Tomatocage as scammers, myself among them. If you read through his trust feedback by clicking on "Trust", you may draw some conclusions about why he slanders users who might threaten his dealings. His escrow service takes a percentage of your coin. If you are comfortable giving up tithes to him, fine but don't believe for a minute he is the only avenue of a successful transaction. He regularly gives negative trust feedback with the facade of diligence but it is all self serving and you should know this before you dismiss a transaction on his recommendation.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
some users leave false negative feedback, like this one

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/substrata-68036

or he did it for the lulz, probably an alt account of someone else
Activity: 225
Merit: 100
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
first name last name? I promise i'm not a scammer. And I probably should have read this before creating an account
Geez scamming people happens waaay too often nowadays the only good way to make money is the honest way.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
some user like to tag other user as a scammer for fun, how to solve this?

Activity: 872
Merit: 1003
I just did a deal with user BTC4Amazon and he tried to scam me out of almost $900. He accepted my money but didn't ever ship anything, and even made up a fake tracking number. I realized later that I should have looked at his trust score. Luckily I made sure to pay with paypal so my claim is currently in with PayPal and I hope to get the money back within 10 days.

Please update your list. You can see the original thread here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4887247
also you can probably safely assume if their user name has the numbers 419 in it
then its probably a scam lol

What makes you assume that?
also you can probably safely assume if their user name has the numbers 419 in it
then its probably a scam lol
Can my name be updated in order to reflect my having paid the transaction?
Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
Can I have my name removed from here Mr Tom Tom ?
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1002
I'm concerned that RealSolid is a scammer. What's the best way to warn people?
Activity: 770
Merit: 502
Activity: 77
"Any user blatantly claiming to be female."

Well, let me just make it clear that I have posted on a couple of threads asking for gender/sex and I stated that I am female. I'm not a scammer and I'm not here to get bitcoins because I'm a chick.  Angry
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
List the old members here? It's not much use if you don't tell who scammed you.

You?
Pages:
Jump to: