Pages:
Author

Topic: [EDU] How to spot a scammer (Read this before doing any transactions!) - page 9. (Read 146880 times)

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
legendary
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wtb-4-btc-paying-via-paypal-gift-170446 zakolivers (Pending, New acct + Wants to buy BTC with PayPal. He uses a seemingly real first/last name as his username, so he's gotta be legit, right?)
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
yeah, I get it thanks.

Usually pretty street smart, cant believe I did that, just got greedy.

Any way I can track this little shit down, anywhere to report the address etc?
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet
HOw scammy does this sound?

BTC-e offered me a first time buyer offer whereby I sent them 8btc to an address on the promise of getting 10btc back for helping to improve traffic.
I was talking via sykpe to "btc-e.support @ europe" and sent the coin last Weds (5 days ago).
I checked my address at the time on blockchain but there was no confirmations there, it's only just occurred to me this might be a scam

Have I been complete tool? Has anyone else experienced this offer/heard of anyone else having done so?

Man I feel sick...

"btc-e.support @ europe" is not a username. What was the Skype username?

btc-e.support.eu

That is not BTC-E's Skype username. Their support username is btc-e.support. Someone simply made a new account with ".eu" tagged to the end and robbed you. Please be more careful with your internet gold as giving it over to scammers gives them more reason to try.

BTC-e offered me a first time buyer offer whereby I sent them 8btc to an address on the promise of getting 10btc back for helping to improve traffic.
I was talking via sykpe to "btc-e.support @ europe" and sent the coin last Weds (5 days ago).
I checked my address at the time on blockchain but there was no confirmations there, it's only just occurred to me this might be a scam

Have I been complete tool? Has anyone else experienced this offer/heard of anyone else having done so?

Man I feel sick...

btc-e.support.eu

the address is sent to was 1AdvcxSNdxdbRLquZdr9R2F29j7qAJRMY

Man I feel sick...

btc-e.support.eu
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

Man I feel sick...

Man I feel sick...
legendary
legendary
legendary
Activity: 770
Merit: 502
Wow, very extensive. Good work on this thread, Tomatocage.

You got the sig format? I'll chuck it into my sig.
legendary
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--168669 lucyhiggins (Scammer*, New acct + Wants you to link your bank account to his PayPal account)
legendary
I made this list yday and since then nckfor has already been outted as a scammer. Look for scams forthcoming from the following users:

c1010010
Cereal
TCollar
Starmie
l0lface
bahehs
nckfor
BobsBurgers
XXthetimeisnowXX
gacbmmml
Along with not using paypal for bitcoin you shouldnt lend people bitcoins. It just encourages scammers.

....even an exchange (btc-e)?
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Magic Staff
8. Any user blatantly claiming to be female
Then also
9. Any user blatantly claiming to be male?

Explain? Huh

There actually are females using bitcoin, but it is common practice among scammers to pretend to be females in order to receive more favorable conditions, including using it as a scapegoat for making various mistakes. (read: I'm just a helpless girl!)

To add on to this: regardless of their sex, why would anyone need to announce their gender? You don't see the males of the forum going "Can anyone lend me some BitCoin? I'm a guy, btw Tongue"
Announcing your gender then. Wonder why nobody else could come to that conclusion.

If somebody announces also that they are a vegetarian could that cause any prejudice too? "I can't trust veggies! They are scammers. In the old days we had no freakin veggies, we threw them in the sea"
Activity: 27
I'm not a scammer. Take a look at my eBay rep (same name). I'd even be happy to send first with older members.

I sell Xbox cards because I buy them in bulk. Just trying to get into the bitcoin market, too.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
Money pak trader will be removed from my list. I think he is trust worthy. I have been watching him for months.

Tomatocage will you let me know when you update your list? can you just post added or removed with the names and link and I will edit my list based on that
Why are you using someone else's list and claiming it to be your own?

Poly I am sick of you please stop posting to me. I asked permission to use the list, now fuck off.
Activity: 27
Thanks for this post - really useful. Can we please confirm this user as a scammer. Was a real noob investing on his loan, we all have to learn don't we Smiley Now I spend a lot more time before investing anything, and I have made back that loss with good loans fortunately,

itai3856
https://btcjam.com/users/1681
฿18.05 overdue payments
no response to pm, forum account appears abandonned

He might have scammed other users on the forum selling stuff.

thanks
Pages:
Jump to: