Pages:
Author

Topic: [EDU] How to spot a scammer (Read this before doing any transactions!) - page 7. (Read 146713 times)

Activity: 123
Merit: 100
back in the game
Tomato is removing the tag and pruning me off the list now,thx brotha. And sublime,thx for having my back dude,weve done biz together a couple times and it was great.
Activity: 123
Merit: 100
back in the game
Wow,jesus christ. I just pmd tomato cage that he forgot to remove the red label of death next to my name on the list and remove me from it totally. This was all cleared up months ago,but I never even looked at the list personally and just saw this now. Its a real shame that reverse scammers even have my fucking name associated with this thread,and it kills me. Ive done over 30k's worth of trades so far on here,and alot of escrow through danny and john,all you gotta do is ask. This one of those things you call a major fuckup/mistake. Im as legitimate as they come folks.
~hack out~
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
Thanks for the update.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
What is up with hackattack2077? You have him tagged as a scammer but he doesnt have scammer taggs on his profile? Also the link that you provided for reference makes it look like he was the one who was scammed. He also doesnt have any negative trust ratings. Just asking because I was about to do a deal with him yesterday.

I had hackattack2077 flagged as a scammer before it became known that all of his accusers were scammers themselves. Since I don't really have time to keep up with the latest revelations, he remained flagged (on this list anyway) for quite some time until he PM'd me about it.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
What is up with hackattack2077? You have him tagged as a scammer but he doesnt have scammer taggs on his profile? Also the link that you provided for reference makes it look like he was the one who was scammed. He also doesnt have any negative trust ratings. Just asking because I was about to do a deal with him yesterday.
well to further elaborate, he called me one of the members in the thread. which i am not. my ips and all can be checked. I think he's trying to take the heat off him personally.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Changing avatars is currently not possible.
8. Any user blatantly claiming to be female

I am doomed then!  Smiley
Activity: 770
Merit: 502
It's very scary to even think about doing any crypto-currency exchange for hardware. Any time I sent, that sits in the back of my mind, that eery feeling. Takes a lot of time to mine coins with little hardware, and to see the coins vanish is one of my biggest fears. Keep saying, maybe tomorrow will be a better day to trade till you hoarded a ton of coins Cheesy.
legendary
The number of "old" members scamming seems to be much higher than newbs scamming. I have been scammed by a so called "veteran (Hero Member)" of this forum and I detected 3 more "old member" scammers in just a day of posting in the Marketplace. This forum should have a much better feedback/trust system as right now it seems out of 10 members , 9 are trying to scam (account age no bar)

No it isn't -- trust me, I've been watching the activity for a LONG time. 99% of all scams are from brand new members (usually less than 3 months old). Occasionally you'll see a 2011 or early 2012 member try to pull off a scam, like Liberty Payout. A number of us have been calling him out from day 1 since he got out of newbie jail, but for some reason he never got a scammer tag.
Activity: 434
List the old members here? It's not much use if you don't tell who scammed you.

I left a feedback for him but I am not sure whether other members can see the feedback
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=58854
vip
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1042
👻
List the old members here? It's not much use if you don't tell who scammed you.
Activity: 434
The number of "old" members scamming seems to be much higher than newbs scamming. I have been scammed by a so called "veteran (Hero Member)" of this forum and I detected 3 more "old member" scammers in just a day of posting in the Marketplace. This forum should have a much better feedback/trust system as right now it seems out of 10 members , 9 are trying to scam (account age no bar)
I think the very nature of Bitcoins are an invitation for scammers looking for easy payout.  Glad I read this, thanks for posting.
legendary
I seen this guy trying to say you're a scammer, lolz. Had you gone through the reputation thread? Scammer galore.

I have, but it's gotten to the point that it's hard to keep up culling all the potential scammers from honest traders. Can you edit out your quote from me plz? It was just a misunderstanding and I'm going back and editing my knee-jerk responses. Thanks man Smiley
Had you gone through the reputation thread? Scammer galore.
legendary
REDACTED. Just a misunderstanding.
Pages:
Jump to: