Pages:
Author

Topic: Electronic Money vs. Physical Money - page 24. (Read 9504 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 100
December 04, 2017, 05:19:30 AM
Electronic money has developed a few years ago, many people do not trust it much because they do not have much information about it.
 They still see  cash as more important  and  cryptocurrency  is not really the currency they need to know. Personally, I see electronic
 money as an opportunity to make more money
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
December 04, 2017, 05:14:38 AM
Electronic money and physical money are both useful in our lives. Both of this can be use to buy things that we need or even to invest. Despite the wandering thieves around the city who may stole your money, even electronic money have reasons to be stolen. Electronic money can easily be stolen once your electronic wallet is hacked. It is just a matter of how you secure your money and using it in a proper way.
Activity: 266
Platform for Investing in Cryptocurrency and ICOs
December 04, 2017, 05:02:22 AM
Both electronic and physical money can be hack or stolen. I think the best way is to protect your money either electronic or physical from hackers and thieves. Both can be used in investments and in buying products online.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
December 04, 2017, 04:32:28 AM
Hi guys, I just want to know your views and opinion about the difference in Electronic Money (Bitcoin and others) and the Physical Money. Many people now a days are still confuse about the existence of the Bitcoin and how it differ from our Physical Money that we are using to buy necessity. I hope we could share and learn from each other.  Wink Smiley
I think in terms of usability is not much different. ie as a medium of exchange. It's just that electronic money is always changing its value and very easy to use in transacting online. But for daily transactions I prefer to use physical money. The price of physical money is more stable
Of course, it is a medium of exchange and as long as both are being used by different set of people, they will still be serving the same purpose and will both be in use. The thing is, electronic money sounds more like an easy to use form of money for those in the tech savvy or close to tech savvy set of people.

While we have some group who do not even have the strength of adapting to technology, it would be hard to just drop physical money as a form of exchange. The only difference here is one can easily be used across borders and also serve as an asset that is not being controlled while the other is not.

I agree they're still both in use even it is different mode of money because money is the main reason why we are working and seeking for a extra income, so that we can survive to live in our world. And about electronic money or digital money is definitely easily to use for those tech savvy like us. That's why we are here because we know how to earn and handle about digital money.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
December 04, 2017, 04:17:21 AM
I remember I read in the past an article that right now there is only around 8% of cash money, while the rest is the money in digital form. Therefore we already live in the world, where majority of the money is in digital form and this percentage will for sure increase.

However there should always be a cash imho - it is really important because it protects you from the big brother, from governments etc. This is also the reason why cryptocurrencies are viable.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 335
December 04, 2017, 04:12:08 AM
Hi guys, I just want to know your views and opinion about the difference in Electronic Money (Bitcoin and others) and the Physical Money. Many people now a days are still confuse about the existence of the Bitcoin and how it differ from our Physical Money that we are using to buy necessity. I hope we could share and learn from each other.  Wink Smiley
I think in terms of usability is not much different. ie as a medium of exchange. It's just that electronic money is always changing its value and very easy to use in transacting online. But for daily transactions I prefer to use physical money. The price of physical money is more stable
Of course, it is a medium of exchange and as long as both are being used by different set of people, they will still be serving the same purpose and will both be in use. The thing is, electronic money sounds more like an easy to use form of money for those in the tech savvy or close to tech savvy set of people.

While we have some group who do not even have the strength of adapting to technology, it would be hard to just drop physical money as a form of exchange. The only difference here is one can easily be used across borders and also serve as an asset that is not being controlled while the other is not.
Activity: 555
Merit: 252
December 04, 2017, 03:40:37 AM
Electronic Money definitely is the future currency, I foresee some countries will start implementing electronic money with base of bitcoin in next 10 years.
Some are even already thinking about creating their own cryptocurrency. Obviously, it is going to be centralized but one thing for sure is that, electronic money will end up being more useful in the long run. However, we cannot still rule out the fact that physical money will still always exist in the long run since not everyone will even be able or have enough infrastructures at their disposal to adopt electronic money.
Activity: 229
Merit: 108
December 01, 2017, 12:33:08 PM
Electronic or digital money is not always synonymous to cryptocurrencies - in fact, most of the fiat money in circulation has no physical form.
It is unwise to think that there is paper money, cash and then every other form of currency which can be transferred digitally can be called 'electronic money'.
Cryptocurrency is a new breed of the money, evolved decentralized, sovereign. BTC or other cryptos have little in common in 'digital' fiat money people store on their bank accounts.
But in reality people classification between electronic money and physical money directly compare crypto-currency and fiat which in fact a good representation for price to visualize the terms of having the counter part of both currency. But I guess that is not an issue, if we could have a functional money that promises faster and reliable transaction we cod all prefer for using Bitcoin if only if we know the system of Bitcoin in terms of transaction so technically price need to first initially have the knowledge between two denominator for them to know what is the best from of money for their transactions.
Activity: 532
Merit: 255
December 01, 2017, 12:12:53 PM
Hi guys, I just want to know your views and opinion about the difference in Electronic Money (Bitcoin and others) and the Physical Money. Many people now a days are still confuse about the existence of the Bitcoin and how it differ from our Physical Money that we are using to buy necessity. I hope we could share and learn from each other.  Wink Smiley

1. Electronic Money is defined as 'Broad' money, Uang Elektronik also includes the deposits in easily accessible bank accounts that can be converted into cash relatively quickly.

2. Physical money is defined as 'Narrow' money, The coins and notes that used to be the standard form of currency before the rise of more derivative forms of payment, such as checks and electronic forms of money.
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
December 01, 2017, 09:14:16 AM
Both electronic money and physical money are good, both of them are also has a different advantages and disadvantages. Because of our improving technology, we created a electronic money that is more secure. Physical money is the type of money that we always use and becoming a part our tradition. I think even though electronic money will be implemented as our currency still there will be a few physical money that will be use for small transaction.
Activity: 322
Merit: 114
December 01, 2017, 08:06:58 AM
Physical money is far more costly in terms of production and requires effort to transport around and complete transactions, whereas electronic money is cheap, doesn't have any kind of needs to have it easily at almost all times except for electronic access. Physical money will die in the next 100 years or less.
Activity: 112
December 01, 2017, 08:03:54 AM
Well id say electronic money can also be fiat. Such as online transactions and credit cards etc. Which has a fiat money physical equivalent. So bitcoin and other crypto coins are crypto money. The difference is crypto money is not regulated and is not monitored or owned by one organization or company.
Activity: 115
December 01, 2017, 07:15:09 AM
Cryptocurrency is not related to the state, so you don't need to pay taxies
Activity: 385
Merit: 266
December 01, 2017, 07:10:54 AM
Now don’t get confused. There is a difference between cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and electronic money. Electronic money can be electronic fiat. This is basically government tended money that is used electronically. An example of this type of money is Ecuadors digital monetary system. Cryptocurrencies, on the other hand is a specific part of electronic money. It is electronics money with an added feature: decentralisation. Cyrpotucurrency like Bitcoin is decentralised i.e. not money that is tendered by the government. (fiat) This is the main difference between electronic and “physical money”.
Activity: 135
November 30, 2017, 12:16:24 PM
Some country are already making way for a less and less cash society, and they have a pretty good reason for it. So I don't see how the cash money can win this fight. The only things is anonymity... But some cryptos pretend to offer it, let see if ot happen to be true on the long run.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 101
November 30, 2017, 12:11:07 PM
I think that electronic money are safer to use than physical money. You don't have to bring it to purchase something. You just have to have a connection to transact everything. Unlike physical money other people are tend to steal it espevially they know you bring lots of it.
Now a days world is now modern with full of technology because everything is going to easy and bitcoin is now one of the example of it it’s a digital currency and it’s only available only on internet and you can do online business on internet through bitcoin and electronic money is also something new here so people want to see and enjoyed bitcoin and paper money have a little problems such as you can’t Carry a huge amount of money with yourself.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 594
November 30, 2017, 11:05:40 AM
If I could use my Electronic money for every transaction that I have to pay or for my daily expenses then I wouldn't really going to hold any Physical money,
But we all know that it is really hard to happen right now we would still have to use the physical money.
Activity: 756
Merit: 268
November 30, 2017, 09:51:52 AM
In my own opinion, electronic money and physical money are both in purchasing items and paying bills. The difference between them is  that electronic money do not have any physical form and we still need to convert it into a physical money for you to use it to buy things while physical money this is the money that we always use in our daily lives.
Activity: 378
November 30, 2017, 09:46:21 AM
Good day guys...in my opinion electronic and physical money are different..electronic money like bitcoin cannot buy everything(physical) you want..you have to convert it to the actual money...but if you want to earn more..invest in bitcoin rather than deposit your money in the bank.. :-)
Activity: 350
BITDEPOSITARY - Make ICO's , More Secure
November 30, 2017, 09:18:46 AM

I think it depends on how you use and your approach on money. Not having a cash and just pure bitcoin can be possible, for me I prefer using electronic money since most of the time I'm using internet and computers because of my line of work. Most of my transactions are internet based to since I prefer buying online than going to bustling city.
Pages:
Jump to: