Pages:
Author

Topic: Electronic Money vs. Physical Money - page 28. (Read 9504 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
November 22, 2017, 04:00:39 PM
Electronic money is a currency used in internet and physical money or also known as fiat money is used in our country. The difference is that they are both used and only has value on their field because hou cannot by stuffs such as tokens here in the internet using fiat moneg, hou must change it first to electronic money to do so. Same goes to electronic money attempting to buy something in our local store such as market. In conclusion, they are both worthless in foreign land unless exchanged.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
November 22, 2017, 02:51:14 PM
Hi guys, I just want to know your views and opinion about the difference in Electronic Money (Bitcoin and others) and the Physical Money. Many people now a days are still confuse about the existence of the Bitcoin and how it differ from our Physical Money that we are using to buy necessity. I hope we could share and learn from each other.  Wink Smiley
Electronic money is unstable because of the threat in the digital world like hacking. It is better to invest and save much paper fiat since it has been there for like forever and it is much stable.
Physical money has many issues as well, physical money deteriorates with time, there have been stories of people saving all their money in cash for many years only to discover later the bills have almost disintegrated with time, so like you see there are disadvantages to cash as well.
Activity: 661
Merit: 500
November 22, 2017, 09:14:37 AM
The only downside currently for electronic based currencies is that it requires internet access to transfer the funds.
Well in the near future this hindrance may be tackled with some offline server technology or something similar. Physical money is very important as technological aspects are still yet to be a part of poor countries. Electronic money is a bit more secure and has lesser transaction fees. Cash is a tangible asset whereas btc is intangible.
Activity: 79
November 22, 2017, 08:15:56 AM
Physical money is having the advantage than the Electronic money, but the Electronic money is just starting to find their own position in the Economy, But with the huge potiental, they maybe could take the lead in the nearly future , about 5~7 years.
Activity: 238
November 22, 2017, 08:11:38 AM
Money is just a way of organizing the exchange of goods. And it depends on the situation in the country or the world. In peacetime, all methods are good, and electronic money expands opportunities. But, for example, in wartime this all loses value, even paper. Meaning food and good old jewelry.
Activity: 222
Merit: 11
Create Your Decentralized Life
November 22, 2017, 07:12:19 AM
Hi guys, I just want to know your views and opinion about the difference in Electronic Money (Bitcoin and others) and the Physical Money. Many people now a days are still confuse about the existence of the Bitcoin and how it differ from our Physical Money that we are using to buy necessity. I hope we could share and learn from each other.  Wink Smiley

Actually it's totally different, even though its name was Cryptocurrency,we can not compare it to actual money, becuase cryptocurremcy is a degital money, like bitcoin. Bitcoin is all digital but we use our phones everyday and they are very accessible in all parts of the world
There is much difference in the electronic and the physical money. The physical money includes Fiat that could never be used over the line for the sake of transaction and vary from country to country depending upon the national currency .on the other hand electronic money is not bound to one single country, is completely decentralized and has no physical existence.

It is only an easy mode of transacting heavy amounts in international market with low taxes and promising method that offers complete security.

Right. These are two different modes of how we can make purchases and transactions. Electronic money makes things a lot easier and convenient for us while we can't go on a day without physical money in our pockets. They go hand in hand but physical at this point is more impoetant
Yeah mate there are limitation of the flat money it is confined to the respective region and in other regions its acceptance is zero but bitcoin is versatile and not confined to any boundary and its values I same all over the world and profit rate are also same and btc is neutral to all regions and on top of it btc can also be used as payment as well as holding his coin bring profit but flat is just piece of paper and nothing else.
Activity: 401
Merit: 100
November 22, 2017, 06:28:21 AM
I use more electronic currency than physical currency. I find more and more often I use electronic form of currency in the form of debt cards. I prefer the ease of cards to cash hopefully we will get to the point where more and more crypto currency are accepted the same way.

But as of today, there are only few electronic currency are use in our society , like here in our country we can't use bitcoin as our payment. Only few store accept bitcoin as a payment.
Activity: 952
Merit: 503
November 22, 2017, 05:21:34 AM
  I think it will be more wise to call it "digital money/currency " instead of electronic money .
Both digital money and physical money are different in many ways . Physical money is the fiat currency of a particular country and is limited to that country only whereas digital money is the currency of internet and there is no such geographical differences . Fiat money associates with centralized banks i.e it is totally centralized and digital money or cryptocurrency such as bitcoin has no regulations of centralized banks i.e it is totally decentralized and no taxes are imposed on it.
Yes it has a lot of advantages and benefits for the people of the developed world it will also be the most feasible and convenient in transactions and other online shopping for the developing countries but due to the lack of latest technologies and facilities they are being deprived from digital and modern world and that is the reason that the people of these countries are mostly relies on paper money.
Activity: 406
November 21, 2017, 08:30:43 AM
Both electronic money and physical money is very important for us right now, but there are still many people who doesnt know electronic money or they dont know yet how to have a transaction using it, so i will iprefer to choose or use physical money because like other people physical money is more convenient.
Activity: 952
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
November 21, 2017, 08:12:24 AM
well as of today the high technology is the best for the money,. so meaning the electronic money is the one that best today, we also know that today there are too many people that are having transactions worldwide, electronic money is the best way for them Smiley
Activity: 196
November 21, 2017, 08:11:10 AM
Digital currencies or you can say electronic money, they are usable currencies that have special wallet that will store the amount digital currencies that you have. and for the transaction, there is some exchanger that could send bitcoin to another wallet for purchasing something. that's what i thought  Smiley
Activity: 378
November 21, 2017, 08:08:44 AM
For now many people will always choose physical money because, this is tangible unlike the electronic money and many people knows that they can use the physical everywhere and physical money is knows by everyone in this world unlike the electronic money, that is not really famous right now.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251
November 21, 2017, 08:04:36 AM
Hi,

A physical money is created by a government/state/nation/institution and is valuable only in a define territory. The money in itself can be emited according to the needs of the entity that created it. Some money exists within a network of firms and their value is "real" as long as it is used for transactions between such firms.

The bitcoin is not created at will by an entity. There is a process leading to its creation but it cannot be hasten at will. I will add that, to me, it is also impossible to fake bitcoin thanks to the blockchain.
Activity: 602
November 21, 2017, 08:02:05 AM
physical money in my country yet, but I hope it will change to electronic soon

I do not think so. People do not trust in electronic money, most people think psychical money is more safe
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016
November 21, 2017, 07:56:38 AM
Electronic money will be increasingly introduced into our lives. But cash will never disappear.
as cash will be protected by the Government in every State. how may cash will disappear and it will not happen.
it took hundreds of years to change the world currency into one recognized currency.
in time bitcoin will become the world currency, sometime. Roll Eyes
It will take the time for sure but w cannot say that it is not possible because a lot of the people are now believing in the electronics money and they are using the bitcoin now and this is the reason why the demand of the electronics is now higher than the currency because with this all the people are able to pay for all the things even with just a click and they stay at home and they can pay the bills while the bitcoin is increasing now.
Country’s budget can be one of the main reason for the superiority of electronic currency over physical currency. But bitcoins case is totally different because it introduces a decentralized economic system to the world where there will be no more need of physical currency and people will use this electronic currency for any purpose they want. We can hope for the best and beast.
Activity: 336
Merit: 101
November 21, 2017, 05:41:27 AM
Hi guys, I just want to know your views and opinion about the difference in Electronic Money (Bitcoin and others) and the Physical Money. Many people now a days are still confuse about the existence of the Bitcoin and how it differ from our Physical Money that we are using to buy necessity. I hope we could share and learn from each other.  Wink Smiley
The difference between digital money and fiat money is very simple. Aside from using different technologies electronic money is a digital asset whilefiat money is a physical asset. Digital money such as cryptocurrencies are decentralized while fiat money is a centralized form of  asset. Digital money is only used online and or with the use of an electronic device for transactions like computers and mobile phones. Fiat money is the one that we are using in our daily lives used to buy and sell goods and we can touch it physically. Both assets has different purpose of existence and technology. For me having both assets is a good idea for us to survive and have a better future in this world.
Yes there is a lot of difference in these two types of money and physical money is only confined to the specific region but digital one is not and it give room to investor to use it anywhere in the world and on top of it crypto prices varies from time to time and this is the best thing that you invested small amount and your coin is becoming more valuable day by day and that’s the best thing of crypto so use digital one.
It is not a child’s play that the physical money will disappear because the physical money has made its place in the hearts of people that why people have a strong believe over the physical shape of paper money while the digital currency is in the introduction phase which will consume some time for building the trust of the people.
Activity: 182
Merit: 147
November 18, 2017, 01:23:41 PM
Actually it's totally different,
even though its name was Cryptocurrency,we can not compare it to actual money aka Fiat.
if we want it to be considered as a 'real currency' we should have a physical form.
right now the best word to describe it is 'Electronic Payment' not 'Electronic Money'.
'Electronic payment' was a tool for people to help them send their money across the world,
it's just a tool and will never replace the real 'money' itself.

Point taken. It is true that cryptocurrency cannot be compared to actual money as they have a different stature in the society. Although they almost have the same purpose, they still are different from one another in many aspects. As stated by DaMut, the physicality of a currency is important in establishing its state. We should also take note of the accessibility towards these "money". I think for Bitcoin to be considered real currency, it should be accessible by everyone. Since Bitcoin can only be accessed through the use of the internet, then it is more of a privilege or opportunity to own compared to how fiat is earned.
Activity: 910
Merit: 512
November 18, 2017, 08:57:07 AM
Bitcoin is just a digital currency and it is completely different from cash, it's not material, it's pure virtual money so no one can tamper with it or eat.
There is no doubt that electronic money is the future of the world and the way world is moving towards developed and becoming global village, the paper money is becoming obsolete. People don’t want to carry paper money with them when travelling from one country to another.

The digital currencies are able of removing all these hurdles created by paper money. In short, future is of digital currencies in the economics.
Ctn
Activity: 644
Merit: 259
November 18, 2017, 07:10:28 AM

Actually it's totally different, even though its name was Cryptocurrency,we can not compare it to actual money, becuase cryptocurremcy is a degital money, like bitcoin. Bitcoin is all digital but we use our phones everyday and they are very accessible in all parts of the world

There is much difference in the electronic and the physical money. The physical money includes Fiat that could never be used over the line for the sake of transaction and vary from country to country depending upon the national currency .on the other hand electronic money is not bound to one single country, is completely decentralized and has no physical existence.

It is only an easy mode of transacting heavy amounts in international market with low taxes and promising method that offers complete security.

Hm, somehow I agree to this one and why anyone wouldn't as it is clear idea that was made by the satoshi sir back in 2009 or before that when he started thinking about the mode of transaction.

Its true that each fiat currency/physical currency is bound to the same country only and you can't use it in any other country. Thats the first thing about them, and that puts a limit on to them. In the second scenario if I take bitcoin with me which is over the Internet and flee to another country with different currency form then also I can live there with my bitcoin trade. Even I can convert bitcoin to their local currency and then use it I needed to do that. Its more easier than to go to airport and make exchange of physical cash.
Activity: 420
Merit: 0
November 18, 2017, 06:30:45 AM
For now, paper money is lead the way than Electronic money because they are the basic currency but in the nearly future, with big potiental advantages, digital will rebounce and take the place of paper money for sure.
Pages:
Jump to: