Pages:
Author

Topic: Eligius miners aware of prayers in block headers? - page 2. (Read 29624 times)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0
Luke-Jr,  Please tread very carefully with this one... Security thru obscurity is NO security at all.... if there is no defense against this i sure hope the whole bitcoin dev teams knows about this and are working on it as we speak...  can you comment on that?   Its really not good form to keep these things private.   Who does it affect? Users?  Miners? Pool Operators? Everyone? Some disclosure needs to be done so that people can protect themselves depending on what type of vulnerability we are talking about.

I really dont think this should be kept completely quiet.  SOME information needs to be disclosed!

This x 1000

Ill mine regardless of block header content, but if this isnt handled properly I will jump ship from Eliguis without hesitation and Im sure others would do the same. Ideally Luke-Jr would be respectable about disclosing WTF is going on to prevent a mass exodus of his service.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Hmm. What happened here?

Indeed...  tin foil hat time...  what did we miss?  You dont have to release details but please tell us the gist?  Exploit in lukes pool or with bitcoin?
He asked what was to stop a certain attack against Bitcoin rendering it unusable by the average Joe. There really is nothing to stop it, so we agreed it was best kept quiet.

Luke-Jr,  Please tread very carefully with this one... Security thru obscurity is NO security at all.... if there is no defense against this i sure hope the whole bitcoin dev teams knows about this and are working on it as we speak...  can you comment on that?   Its really not good form to keep these things private.   Who does it affect? Users?  Miners? Pool Operators? Everyone? Some disclosure needs to be done so that people can protect themselves depending on what type of vulnerability we are talking about.

I really dont think this should be kept completely quiet.  SOME information needs to be disclosed!
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Hmm. What happened here?

Indeed...  tin foil hat time...  what did we miss?  You dont have to release details but please tell us the gist?  Exploit in lukes pool or with bitcoin?
He asked what was to stop a certain attack against Bitcoin rendering it unusable by the average Joe. There really is nothing to stop it, so we agreed it was best kept quiet.
Activity: 168
I'll have a steak sandwich and a... steak sandwich
I think Luke-Jr tries to make the world better
I'm convinced he does. We just have widely different opinions on what "better" means.
legendary
Activity: 1199
Merit: 1012
I think we should be tolerant to Luke-Jr's religious propaganda (even though I don't like it).  I think Luke-Jr tries to make the world better, and we should respect that, not all of us do.

On the other hand I agree with Graet: the mining pool users deserve to know that they are not only mining for bitcoins, but are also supporting Catholicism. Their views could be incompatible with supporting Catholicism, so it would be honest to make it explicit.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
As an atheist, I'm very sensitive to religious propaganda, and I can honestly say I see a LOT more Islam-related articles on the front page of my local newspapers website than anything else.  It almost seems as if mainstream media is bending over backwards to ingratiate the Muslim community.  Have you not seen this phenomena in your neck of the woods?

It is my experience that most do tread much more carefully when the issue is Islamic in nature. While I have my theory on why it is so, I shall refrain as it would perhaps be inappropriate and offensive to some.

so who is going to disclose then? Smiley
Activity: 185
Hmm. What happened here?

Indeed...  tin foil hat time...  what did we miss?  You dont have to release details but please tell us the gist?  Exploit in lukes pool or with bitcoin?
Had nothing to do with vulnerabilities in neither Bitcoin nor any pools, just an inconvenience on some platforms. If it's even possible to pull off it's a 3rd party fault, so I don't see the harm in disclosing it.
Hmm. What happened here?

Hmm. What happened here?
Activity: 499
Merit: 500
Edit:  Removed
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Edit: Removed unsolvable exploit.
Activity: 499
Merit: 500
Edit:  Removed
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255
May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage
In fact the catholics literally did hold back scientific progress for centries
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

See and this is where non-Christians fall up short, had you taken the time to even read those which you couldn't have given your hasty response you would see that this points to both secular and non secular research findings.  As easily as you claim the religious among us do not look at evidence it is apparent you are not as well.

Additional to note those claims were not made to prove God's existence but are evidence of biblical events providing a level of credibility to the passages herein written, which you dismiss as myth without thinking and searching for yourself.

Another religious retard on the bitcoin forums ... sigh.

Maybe you folks ought to make your own fork of the block chain, with its own
forums and go chant, drink your maker's blood, sacrifice small birds or do
there whatever your favorite supersitious practice may be.
I don't think you're talking about my religion, but it's a great idea
Anybody with me for Pastafacoin ?
ramen.
Activity: 312
Merit: 250
I don't think you're talking about my religion, but it's a great idea
Anybody with me for Pastafacoin ?

I am with you.  His sticker is on my car.

Also, my client will no longer be acting as a node.  I like having people's false gods off of my money.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Seal Cub Clubbing Club
rocket surgery

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Rocket surgery or Brain science.  I couldn't figure out which one was better Tongue
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Why is it that humankind, after fighting many bloody years and running away to another continent to have the freedom to not be forced faith upon, CHOOSE to believe in religious practices today? Are we so dumb that we cannot learn from out past mistakes history? Why not let go of our self created mysticism and fallacy that dates back to near early days of civilazation 4-5k years ago. We are no longer living in the bronze age and we no longer are center of the universe either. I don't care what these religious people say about their beliefs and faiths.

They are the kind of people that are holding back the progress of humankind in my eyes. In fact the catholics literally did hold back scientific progress for centries. Do we learn nothing from history? Religion is the earliest form of gov propaganda that dates back the Egyptian civilization. It was also the primitive form of taxation in early civilization. Get over it already people... seriously. Stop enslaving yourself.
rocket surgery

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
As an atheist, I'm very sensitive to religious propaganda, and I can honestly say I see a LOT more Islam-related articles on the front page of my local newspapers website than anything else.  It almost seems as if mainstream media is bending over backwards to ingratiate the Muslim community.  Have you not seen this phenomena in your neck of the woods?
That was kind of my point. Whereas the discussion on Islam is very much in the public eye and has been for some time, Christianity is the norm and therefore it doesn't get the attention it deserves.
Pages:
Jump to: