Pages:
Author

Topic: Eligius miners aware of prayers in block headers? - page 7. (Read 29624 times)

vip
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
Well after asking the same question in #bitcoin-dev (logged irc chan) #bitcoin and this forum luke-jr has not given an answer to the simple (yes or no) question "and you make your non catholic miners aware of this?"
If at any stage he had answered this I would have been happy and stopped.

He seems to be trying to divert attention with an accustaion that this is about raising my pool numbers. LOL
Activity: 252
Merit: 251
Graet: Catholics do not believe in freedom of religion.

wow
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
Amusing stance from luke about, "catholics do not believe in freedom of religion"

Hahaha wow thats bad-ass!
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
lol @ people letting religion affect them. Religious folk are a dying breed so heres what I say.

As long as his blocks are worth money I dont care if hes putting CP in them ...
vip
But I am uncomfortable with this happening.
Honestly, I expected better from you. This is a terrible way to try to win people to your pool.
ROFL [edit] i wouldnt expext SMPPS miners to move to my prop pool
It has nothing to do with winning people. It is about pool owners disclosing to thier members what they are actually doing.
If your members are all comfortable with what you are doing - thats fine. But have you asked or informed them?

But
To me it is a very real concern that messages like the TXN aimed at you will proliferate and detract from the great thing that Bitcoin can potentially be.
Do you honestly think TXN s including PEDOPHILE accusations is a good thing for bitcoin going forward? (i am not accusing you just using the message aimed at you as an example) and it wont stop there.

I would like to see Bitcoin become more mainstream. header/txn wars arent going to help Bitcoin succeed among mainstream public.

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Honestly, I expected better from you. This is a terrible way to try to win people to your pool.
vip
I must start by saying i respect luke-jr for his input to BTC and coding skills.

cosurgi: by design, it contains "random" data-- I've just been setting some of that "random" data to prayers

mm interesting luke-jr i understand you are strong in your faith but you dont think putting prayers in might alienate some ppl - after all btc is multidenominational
Graet: Catholics do not believe in freedom of religion.
and you make your non catholic miners aware of this?

no response to that last question.

this was brought to light after a corrupted TXN containing
 "LUKE-JR IS A PEDOPHILE! Oh, and god isn't real, sucka. Stop polluting the blockchain with your nonsense."

I do not think it is appropriate in this multicultural multi denominational thing we call Bitcoin.
Even for those that think prayers in blockheadrers is a good idea, what are your thoughts on the response so far and do you think it will improve or just get much worse?

I can just see stupid header wars that will hurt Bitcoin.

Discuss
Pages:
Jump to: