Pages:
Author

Topic: Encrypted wallet.dat, lost password, any solutions? - page 12. (Read 213444 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
^ Does this method require that you always have access to that website though?

Good way to think outside the box, regardless.  :-D
Activity: 280
Here's what I just did... set up a lastpass account, bought a 2D barcode scanner... this model to be exact (the ones made before January 2009 are made in the USA)..

http://www.ebay.com/sch/?_nkw=ms1690&clk_rvr_id=583840245540

Then I made a 32 character password and put it into a QR code... in my case for the lastpass program... all my other important accounts now have randomly generated 16 character passwords that I no longer know. I store the QR code in my physical wallet, and another in my safe deposit box. I also back up the account data in another encrypted way with a different random password.

2D barcodes are a digital representation of data and will ensure you don't accidentally forget a password.  Great for a complex wallet password.

Here are some of the barcode formats you could use

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i272/aramkolt/CodeTypesFullResMicroandIMB.jpg
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
too many pages to read through all the replies, but did the OP ever get access back to his wallet?

Guess not.
BTW, you can check his post history.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/ez1btc-58025
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001
This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf
too many pages to read through all the replies, but did the OP ever get access back to his wallet?
Don't know. Never used anything but the usual qt wallet.

Is a software or hardware wallet?
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Anyone here had any luck bruteforcing a Dogecoin wallet? Sure could use some help in that category. Willing to do some tipping as well for any help!

If you have any memory of the key you used, just use the program above.

it wont work with an armory wallet will it? I have 1BTC locked up and none of my common passwords seem to be the match
Anyone here had any luck bruteforcing a Dogecoin wallet? Sure could use some help in that category. Willing to do some tipping as well for any help!

If you have any memory of the key you used, just use the program above.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
I think I'm going to start harddrive diving at the local dump...  lol
Activity: 3
You can find a free software that will help you recovering any qt wallet lost password : www.recoinvery.com

I used it a few weeks ago for a lost passphrase >> everything worked great for me. You can find this litecoin and bitcoin password recovery software on their official website.

Donation is not mandatory so it's up to you to make a donation or only recovering your password for free Cheesy

Let us know if recoinvery worked for you too !
Activity: 2
I whipped up a really simple site to help generate lists of guesses and put it on http://lostpassword.info. If you think you have a typo or know the pieces of your password it'll make you a big list of guesses. Last month I lost my password for a few days and wrote a bunch of scripts to help get my BTC back. I'm happy to help anyone else get their coins back so let me know Smiley
UG already found a solution, but I whipped-up something that may help
you all with similar multibit wallet issues:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5rcnx4kknt0t4p5/UnivPWhacker.zip

The package shows it works. Run the testapp, then run the MouseXYScreen app on top
of it. Write down the numbers while hovering over the top textbox and then write them
down for the command button. Exit the mouse app and run the hacking app. Enter the
four numbers you just wrote down and hit go. You will see how all entries from the
pws.txt(must be named this) file get entered. The hacker app should work with a pws.txt
file with up to 29.9K entries and with any app where you need to enter a guess and hit
one button over and over again.  :-D

You may need the VB6 runtime also.
Activity: 5
Multibit is just a wallet manager essentially, and one of its features includes an "import wallet" option which allows me to import my blockchain.info wallet (which uses a aes.json filetype as opposed to a wallet.dat) into the program. However, I can't import it without the right password. If there was a way for a script to run all my passwords in my dictionary though that field then I could possible get my coins back.

OR OR OR

If someone could type up a script that does exactly that, but for this https://blockchain.info/DecryptWallet.html

I have the encrypted backup key that I need to guess the password for. It would be pretty easy to know if what was entered is correct, simply because nothing else shows if I enter an incorrect password. Again, I'm offering a bounty on this if anyone helps me successfully.

Here are my lost coins' home https://blockchain.info/address/1FhTGBke8f2vAf86GSXpSTgMCknU8sPxJS .
UG, I could probably whip that up for you except I don't know what a multibit
wallet is. Got a link?
Activity: 5
Hey Revalin, I've got a tip for you if you can help me with my case. I've made a wallet back in April 14 2013 and transferred 10BTC into. However, now I can't access it and I'm pretty sure I typed my password in correctly. I've been trying and trying and eventually gave up. But looking at the BTC price now makes me want to shoot myself in the foot. There's an easy 2BTC in it for you if you can help me gain access back to my wallet. I made a reddit post quite a awhile ago that states more details about me and how I'm an idiot and lost my coins, I'll dig up the link to it if you want to see it.

Basically I need a program that can automate imputting my password guesses (stored in a .txt file) into multi-bit's password field, and then click "unlock".  Multibit would do the actuall deciphering of the aes.json file, I just don't know how to automate something like this.

I guess I could manually copy and paste the 11,000 or so entries by hand, but that would take me months of constant work. Sometimes I wish I learned programming. *sigh*

Let me know.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Is that normal that it takes YEARS? I try with windows 7 and it tries 1 passphrase per second so 60/min

Isn't there any real bruter like for .zip files with 2000 passwords per second? Or a GPU bruter  Wink
Activity: 1
Hi,

I forgot my multibit wallet password. So I have been trying the scripts in this thread. I get the "bitcoind not found in current dir"  response when I run the brute.rb script. I think the problem is that bitcoind does not run when using multibit. Is is possible to use these scripts on windows for multibit wallets? I remember the first 10 characters of about 14 so brute forcing it should be possible right?
I installed ruby using the windows installer and put the multibit.wallet file in the same directory as the brute.rb file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
I have an armory wallet with 1 BTC in it - 18MBduHLgWmQDMH5UZsrzYDtNnyDha85GT

I have no clue what the password is. I have 2 or 3 general passwords that ive tested numbers and capitals and spacings on and no luck. ive tried the obvious (password, mypassphrase, bitcoinwallet, etc) that might have been inspired at the time over a year ago.

Either i misspelled something or went with a string of characters which I cannot find - I'm giving 50/50 odds on which it could be.

How can i try to bruteforce an armory wallet with windows?
Activity: 7
I've tried really hard to get this working on my mac, installed Xcode, learned the basic in how to use the terminal, installed Git and Homebrew and fiddled around a few days but never got Bitcoind to run on OS X 10.8.5.

Now I'm trying this windows app (on my work-computer -> bad, since boss will fire me if he finds out I have admin-rights on it Smiley) that I just found: Recoinvery.com
However, it seems to crash a lot, so still no luck.
I'll report if I get any luck with it.

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
hello, I am trying the method of brute force, using the brute.rb file, and I have installed Ruby, its in my C drive, Ruby 200, I made the brute.rb file, which contains,
#!/usr/bin/ruby -w

passphrase = "what i think my password is"
characters = " !\"\'(),./0:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\\]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}"

def test(phrase)
  print phrase, "\t"
  system("./dogecoin-qt", "walletpassphrase", phrase, "40")
  case $?.exitstatus
  when 0
    puts "Found it!  #{phrase}"
    exit 0
  when 127
    puts "dogecoin-qt not found in current dir"
    exit 1
  end
end

# transpose adjacent chars
(passphrase.length - 1).times do |i|
  testphrase = passphrase.dup
  testphrase = passphrase[i+1]
  testphrase[i+1] = passphrase
  test testphrase
end

however after I am doing this for doge, and I have edited the .RB file appropriately, but after I paste, dogecoin-qt -server -rpcpassword=wow -rpcport=22555 into CMD, the DOGE WALLET opens, then I type brute.rb, and nothing happens. Can someone help me figure this out?

In my  dogecoin.conf I have
addnode=95.85.29.144
addnode=162.243.113.110
addnode=146.185.181.114
addnode=188.165.19.28
addnode=195.154.7.113
addnode=195.154.7.114
addnode=195.154.7.115
addnode=62.210.124.137
addnode=78.46.57.132
addnode=62.210.198.42
addnode=62.210.198.44