Pages:
Author

Topic: Encrypted wallet.dat, lost password, any solutions? - page 13. (Read 213444 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Hi

Can someone help me out, I have written down my multibit wallet password incorrectly.

I know the length of the password and I know what characters are contained in it but the possible combinations could take me all year to manually type out.

the password is structured into two parts a word 1 then word 2. Word 1 could be 'bitcoin' but the b could be a b, B or 3 and the i could be an i, I, 1 or a ! and so on. Then second word follows the same pattern.

Has anyone written a scrypt that could attempt to brute force a password with a similar structure?

The wallet doesn't contain many coins but a small reward is on offer If I can recover the coins

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
165YUuQUWhBz3d27iXKxRiazQnjEtJNG9g
The problem is that I usually swap one or two vowels by numbers and I can't remember which of them I did.

I'd appreciate a lot if you help me with the function that, giving a word by parameter, it returns a list of all the words with different combinations, where a might be replaced by 4, e by 3, i by 1 and o by 0. I only need that function, the Revalin code is pretty clear.

This might do what you need:

Code:
password_elements = ['p', ['a', '4'], 'ssw', ['o', '0'], 'rd']

def splat(accum, elements)
  if elements.any?
    [elements.first].flatten.each { |elem| splat(accum + elem, elements[1,999]) }
  else
    test accum
  end
end

splat('', password_elements)
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Hi, I'm using the Revalin ruby and works awesome. I lost my litecoin wallet password but I think there might me a combination of two or three words.

The problem is that I usually swap one or two vowels by numbers and I can't remember which of them I did.

I'd appreciate a lot if you help me with the function that, giving a word by parameter, it returns a list of all the words with different combinations, where a might be replaced by 4, e by 3, i by 1 and o by 0. I only need that function, the Revalin code is pretty clear.

I know that is something that I could do manually. I have 2^n combinations, where n is the number of vowels on a word.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Would guess that you know all the words that are in the password.

There is no way to reset the password. Try hit and trial method
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168
This message was too old and has been purged
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658
- snip -
if I selected the text but my cursor was maybe one or two lines above or below the text when I selected it, then it would fail, so I have a feeling that I have done something similar with my password.

Is it doing this because it has added characters to the text, like page breaks etc?? that I can not see??

Almost certainly, yes.

I also think when I copied and pasted it the first time around to enter into my wallet to encrypt it, word wrap was on and also the text was wrapped onto the next line. This has probably affected it as well.

Quite possibly.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
I did an experiment today and found out something interesting.

This is basically my situation at the moment.

My 42 coin wallet is encrypted and I had generated a 100 character password and then cut and pasted it into a text document, notepad to be precise in Windows. But then later on when I copied and pasted it into my wallet to do a transaction it said there was an error. I have tried and tried with no success.

Anyway I noticed something today. Basically when I made up some test wallets and copied and pasted the text, it worked without a problem but then I noticed in some situations that if I selected the text but my cursor was maybe one or two lines above or below the text when I selected it, then it would fail, so I have a feeling that I have done something similar with my password.

Is it doing this because it has added characters to the text, like page breaks etc?? that I can not see??

I also think when I copied and pasted it the first time around to enter into my wallet to encrypt it, word wrap was on and also the text was wrapped onto the next line. This has probably affected it as well.

Anway that is my problem. Has anyone come across this problem before?

Thanks
Activity: 14
Hi guys, I recently just lost access to my wallet albeit it is a fairly small amount inside, I'd still like to get it back though. I went through this entire article http://www.gobitgo.com/articles/1005/How-To-Recover-Your-Bitcoin-Wallet-Password/ and I have the whole process set up perfectly so I can run the test and it works. I've tried it using my own wallet.hash and wordlist a few times now and it is running properly but it keeps on finishing without actually ending up finding the password are there any suggestions or changes I can make to the script that might make it work? Thank you in advance for any replies. Smiley

Ps: I actually do know very fairly close to what the password should be and it is around 32 characters so that may or may not complicate things.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Can someone try and help me get my 42 coin wallet to open again. I encrypted the wallet earlier today and then later on wanted to send transaction but now it says password is incorrect. I have tried to get some of the other solutions working from this thread but am finding it difficult.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Smiley
Thank you for answering me. If I know that I probably put 10 characters with a capital letter at the beginning and  2 number at the end without knowing what it was, I have a chance to find the password with a script?

1 capital letter == 26^1 == 26
2 digits == 10^2 == 100
7 mixed case == 52^7 == 1028071702528

26 * 100 * 1028071702528 == 2672986426572800

2672986426572800 passwords / 10 passwords per second == 8,470,364 years
Thank you for answering me. If I know that I probably put 10 characters with a capital letter at the beginning and  2 number at the end without knowing what it was, I have a chance to find the password with a script?
i tried adding the -w flag in different ways pointing to the wallet file but it kept throwing syntax errors.

Try changing this:

i,o,t = Open3.popen2e($electrum, "-o", "getseed")

To this:

i,o,t = Open3.popen2e($electrum, "-w", "electrum.dat", "-o", "getseed")

Or this:

i,o,t = Open3.popen2e($electrum, "-w", 'C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Brute\electrum.dat', "-o", "getseed")
Activity: 5
edit: i added some random word in the initial password and it did the same thing, said found it! but of course it was the wrong password. It seems to think the first guess is the right one.

That's strange.  Try running this script and paste the output into this thread.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/ruby
require "open3"
$electrum = 'C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Brute\electrum-1.9.5.exe'
i.puts "wrong-password"
i.close
puts o.read.inspect
puts t.value.inspect

Ran from the command prompt:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Brute>tryagain.rb
"Error: Wallet file not found.\nType 'electrum create' to create a new wallet, o
r provide a path to a wallet with the -w option\n"
#

Wallet, electrum, and script all in same folder.

i tried adding the -w flag in different ways pointing to the wallet file but it kept throwing syntax errors.
Could you help me with a script Revalin? I have tried some of the ones listed earlier but did not  help me find my password.
I know the first 7 characters with 100%. Following is 2 words. I have a list of words for words_1 and words_2, I might have also used either a ! or ^^ at the end.
Ex: Known(Words_1)(Words_2)(special)

Thanks!

Here you go:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/ruby -w
require 'net/http'
require 'json'

$rpc_pass = "some-password"
passphrase = 'IKnowThisPart'
words_1 = ['one', 'two', 'three']
words_2 = ['btc', 'ltc', 'usd']
words_3 = ['', '!', '^^']

def test(passphrase)
  puts passphrase.inspect
  request = Net::HTTP::Post.new("/")
  request.basic_auth "", $rpc_pass
  request.body = { method:"walletpassphrase", params:[passphrase, 1] }.to_json
  response = Net::HTTP.new("localhost", 8332).request(request)
  if response.code == "401" ; puts "Incorrect RPC user/pass" ; exit 1 ; end
  ret = JSON.parse response.body
  if ret["error"].nil? ; puts "\nFound it! #{passphrase.inspect}" ; exit ; end
  return if ret["error"]["code"] == -14 # wrong passphrase
  raise "WTF? #{ret.inspect}"
end

words_1.each do |w1|
  words_2.each do |w2|
    words_3.each do |w3|
      test(passphrase + w1 + w2 + w3)
    end
  end
end

puts "No luck."
exit 1
Activity: 7
Could you help me with a script Revalin? I have tried some of the ones listed earlier but did not  help me find my password.
I know the first 7 characters with 100%. Following is 2 words. I have a list of words for words_1 and words_2, I might have also used either a ! or ^^ at the end.
Ex: Known(Words_1)(Words_2)(special)

Thanks!
i need a script that i know the first 9 charasters but not the rest could be unto 9 long

Hello I opened a wallet long ago i have 0.8 btc, I absolutely remember not the password, I just know that I put 10 characters with uppercase in the word. Is it possible to have a script that test every possible combination of word 10 character?

It's not feasible to guess completely random passphrases.  Here are how many days it it will take with one CPU:

Code:
   passphrase length            lowercase         alphanumeric        any character
                   1                 0.00                 0.00                 0.00
                   2                 0.00                 0.00                 0.00
                   3                 0.00                 0.03                 0.10
                   4                 0.05                 1.71                 9.43
                   5                 1.38               106.03               895.58
                   6                35.75              6574.10             85080.08
                   7               929.61            407594.28           8082607.59
                   8             24169.80          25270845.55         767847721.40
                   9            628414.78        1566792424.34       72945533532.94
                  10          16338784.22       97141130308.84     6929825685629.39

Even with a large budget (thousands of CPUs or GPUs) you could only do 6 or 7 characters.

It's only possible to crack a passphrase when you know most of it and the unknown part is constrained.  That's why I have so many custom tailored scripts in this thread - each targets a narrow pattern which could be identified.
edit: i added some random word in the initial password and it did the same thing, said found it! but of course it was the wrong password. It seems to think the first guess is the right one.

That's strange.  Try running this script and paste the output into this thread.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/ruby
require "open3"
$electrum = 'C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Brute\electrum-1.9.5.exe'
i.puts "wrong-password"
i.close
puts o.read.inspect
puts t.value.inspect
Hello I opened a wallet long ago i have 0.8 btc, I absolutely remember not the password, I just know that I put 10 characters with uppercase in the word. Is it possible to have a script that test every possible combination of word 10 character?
Activity: 3
Hi -all Newbie here
i have done the stupid thing and forgotten my password to my litecoin wallet

have tried all the scripts here on the site and can only get one to run
i need a script that i know the first 9 charasters but not the rest could be unto 9 long
have managed to get one script from page 2 working in a linux platform

can some provide a script that can run various letters and number for the rest of the password please
Pages:
Jump to: