Pages:
Author

Topic: Energi [NRG] Cryptocurrency for World Adoption | PoS | MN | No-ICO or Premine | - page 14. (Read 44131 times)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
they can block and reverse transfers as they wish Huh ok energi is too decentralized! it's even more decentralized than bitcoin!

Well now you're just being childish. I see that reason and critical thinking elude you. So let me put it this way.

Personally, I like the fact that they can freeze and return stolen funds to their owners. And I'm not the only one. This is no different than your bank being able to do the same thing with your fiat. It's called security - something that is seriously missing on all levels in the industry. The fact that you are so strongly against it tells me that you are either:

1 - a scammer, or

2 - a selfish, greedy troll

Either way it's time to move along now. There's nothing more here for you to see or discuss. You won't be taken seriously from this point on.
Activity: 10
they can block and reverse transfers as they wish Huh ok energi is too decentralized! it's even more decentralized than bitcoin!
Activity: 7
does anyone have control and power over the currency (like being able to BLOCK AND REVERSE TRANSFERS)? if the answer is yes it is CENTRALIZED

Ahh the old centralized vs decentralized debate rears it's ugly head again.

Blockchain decentralization refers to the distribution of the network hardware and the distributed ledger (aka blockchain) data. The fact that the entire record of the ledger exists on servers in multiple locations all around the world means it's decentralized. No single NODE can effect change on the network and modify the distributed ledger records without consensus of the rest of the nodes on the network, theoretically (51% attacks and such aside). This is the true meaning of decentralization as it pertains to blockchain technology.

However, there are those who believe that the word decentralization refers to the idea that there's no governing body making decisions on the planning, development, and implementation of the project. This is incorrect and it just takes a little bit of time, research, and critical thinking to see the flaw in this line of thinking. Because if you want to use this argument to call Energi centralized, you must apply the same rule to all other projects and determine that they're centralized also.

One of the first things that people tell you to do when you're researching projects is to look at the team.

Here's Energi's team page: https://www.energi.world/team/
See that big list of people with pictures on their team page? They are the ones who are responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of the Energi project.
So then by this definition, The Energi project is centralized. Ok, I can go along with that. Let's look at another one.

Here's ChainLink's team page: https://chain.link/team
They too have a group of people who are responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of the ChainLink project. I guess they're centralized too.

Let's look at another.

Here's the Bitcoin Core developers: https://bitcoin.org/en/development#bitcoin-core-contributors
Those people are the ones who have been doing the planning, developing, and implementation of the Bitcoin project. Looks like Bitcoin is centralized as well.

The Ethereum Foundation (https://ethereum.org/en/foundation)
The Ripple Foundation (https://ripple.foundation/)
The executive board of Tether (https://tether.to/about-us/)
The LightCoin Foundation (https://litecoin-foundation.org/about-us/)

That's just the top 6 crypto projects by market capitalization. But again, a little research into a project will show that the rest of them all follow a similar structure to one of those I mentioned. So by this definition, any and ALL crypto projects out there are centralized.

None of these projects can operate for very long without direction and leadership and that direction and leadership has to come from somewhere. When that direction and leadership isn't strong, then you have fractured communities. Look at the Ethereum and Ethereum Classic split. Not pretty. And for the record, the fact that a group DID roll back transactions to recover stolen Ethereum was PRECICESLY the reason why that community fractured and there are now two Ethereum projects.

I'm sure you hold positions in at least one of the other projects that I mentioned in this post and you likely haven't complained about them being centralized. So let's just stop using false pretenses to try to make Energi look bad just because you don't like the way they're leading their project.
does anyone have control and power over the currency (like being able to BLOCK AND REVERSE TRANSFERS)? if the answer is yes it is CENTRALIZED
Activity: 120
Merit: 15
I was about to invest $ 800 in that currency, but when I saw that it was a centralized cryptocurrency I changed my mind, several countries use the allegations that cryptocurrencies are used for fraud to be able to ban them, when I saw that this cryptocurrency claims that it needs to be centralized to avoid fraud i thought it was a joke, honestly a centralized cryptocurrency is something i thought i would never see, it is the same thing as investing in a central bank currency lol

and I only found out that it is centralized because I ended up in this forum by chance, on twitter and on their website there was no information that it was centralized, I believe that if all investors knew about it they would not have invested, I think that’s why they don’t make it clear that it is a centralized currency.

I suggest you read https://medium.com/energi/the-true-meaning-of-decentralization-1388c7dbb782 to clarify what decentralization in crypto actually means.

energi is not a centralized currency? what more would be needed for it to be centralized Huh

a centralized cryptocurrency goes against everything that satoshi planned, I just think that the team should be more transparent and clearly inform in their communication channels that they have total control over the currency.
Activity: 3
While certain aspects of Energi's security and defense departments are centralized, I certainly wouldn't say that Energi is a centralized crypto currency.
There are over 1500 masternodes and thousands of staking nodes making up the network.
I doubt you will find a crypto currency that is more capable of keeping your funds secure and looking out for the average community member.
If you notice how transactions work on the Energi blockchain, the vast majority will be transmitted within about a minute - the only exception to these are deposits to exchanges, where there is a chance that if something were to go wrong, your funds could potentially be lost forever. For this reason, all deposits to exchanges have a 5000 confirmation requirement (taking approximately 3.5 days). That way, the end user has the time to notice that funds have gone missing, report the theft to Energi's defense department E.B.I. and potentially have those funds frozen and returned to the legal owner.
In fact, just this year, the E.B.I. has returned over US$750,000 of NRG to the rightful owners when it was stolen by a notorious scammer that has plagued the crypto space.
I was about to invest $ 800 in that currency, but when I saw that it was a centralized cryptocurrency I changed my mind, several countries use the allegations that cryptocurrencies are used for fraud to be able to ban them, when I saw that this cryptocurrency claims that it needs to be centralized to avoid fraud i thought it was a joke, honestly a centralized cryptocurrency is something i thought i would never see, it is the same thing as investing in a central bank currency lol

and I only found out that it is centralized because I ended up in this forum by chance, on twitter and on their website there was no information that it was centralized, I believe that if all investors knew about it they would not have invested, I think that’s why they don’t make it clear that it is a centralized currency.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
I wonder how Energi team is responsible for your potential loss in trading NRG? You made a mistake not to investigate the coin before trading and now you are blaming the team?
I don't think anyone can be blamed for this, any coin trade will be the responsibility of the traders unless the error is committed by the exchange party, such as hacking, etc.

And now my mystake is that I traded with this coin.Only this coin from thausands of coins have 3.5-5 day long transactions form exchanger to exchanger.What  a useless coin.Lol  why I should buy this coin anymore if I cant trade normal with this coin?

Just because Energi has 5000 confirmation (ONLY FOR DEPOSITS) doesn't mean that it's "useless coin". The fact that you don't really research well on why they are doing that tells me that you should be using other coins to trade.

So, how do you trade I am curious, if this 5000 confirmations affects you, I don't get it? Because when you trade or decide to switch to another coin for trading from  your main portfolio, you obviously deposit either BTC/ETH/USDT and just exchange them for NRG. Now what on earth prevents you from trading? Because I am trader as well and I don't get obstructed by those 3.5 days. You don't have 3.5 days per 1 trade as far as I am aware.

The only time those 3.5 days apply or 5000 confirmations is when you deposit $NRG from your wallet to the exchange or if you decide to move from 1 exchange to another exchange (that's still considered as deposit, as you withdraw from 1 exchange but you deposit to another).

The reason why 3.5 days or 5000 confirmations is required is to give enough time to people to react if their coins are being stolen. If you join discord you can find a few stories of people clicking on various phishing links and losing their coins (whether is that a coins locked in masternode, staking or just holding). Then they reach out to the energi team and their coins were successfully retrieved after the investigation made by the Energi team. And there's a few other successfully recovered incidents where due to users fault they click/download on random things, gets infected and lose their coins, like with most of the cryptocurrencies, right?

Well that's not the case with Energi. Even though I was thinking like you at the very beginning, that is terrible idea but later down the road when I think a little bit better it is actually beneficial for people/investors to have some kind of a "trust" that they don't have to worry that their coins will be lost or something and they can sleep without thinking that one day their coins might be lost.

I will give you an example of recent Kucoin hack. A lot of cryptocurrencies have been stolen, right? So what happened, you and I as traders will be affected the most, because we trade straight from the exchange and that's where we keep our coins. The exchanges gets hacked and we lose all of our coins. Don't you think it would be better that the coin has their own security system implemented where you, as a trader, and thousands of other investors are protected by this. We can just contact the support team, give all the details, what happens,  and the team will have enough time to investigate. Which means you will get your hacked coins back.

Now back to Kucoin hack. A lot of cryptos have been stolen but Energi wasn't touched at all. Why do you think they didn't touch the Energi? Because they know that the Energi team can lock those addresses and the hackers won't be able to get the funds out of it. The whole purpose of this project is to bring to people as much security as possible and to be more keen towards investors, to make them feel safe and not because of some flaws in the security system of an exchange they end up losing their investment.

Now, I know what you will be saying that, oh this project is extremely centralized, this and that but I stand behind the fact that I will be using Energi in the future. In my opinion this looks extremely risk-free, due to the fact that the team is able to provide security to their investors and to make them feel safe about their investment, which I don't believe there's any other crypto out there that has the same thing, (correct me if I am wrong).

You can also join discord and have a talk with all the members and see what the majority of the people think about the 3.5 days (5000 confirmation), there are people that just hangout in there, investors (stakers, masternode users, liquidity pool providers, traders) and just discuss the problem.

I think this is one of the best and most promising projects out there that offers a lot. Even though Energi is still young but the development is moving with extremely fast pace. I don't think there is any other projects out there like Energi that cares that much about the community, and all of this is happening thanks to their treasury system, allowing them to give back to the community and of course pay for their expenses for development etc ...

I know I might sound like I am heavily invested in Energi but I only own 1000 NRG which I am staking, I don't own a masternode or anything like that.
Activity: 98
Merit: 1
I wonder how Energi team is responsible for your potential loss in trading NRG? You made a mistake not to investigate the coin before trading and now you are blaming the team?
I don't think anyone can be blamed for this, any coin trade will be the responsibility of the traders unless the error is committed by the exchange party, such as hacking, etc.

And now my mystake is that I traded with this coin.Only this coin from thausands of coins have 3.5-5 day long transactions form exchanger to exchanger.What  a useless coin.Lol  why I should buy this coin anymore if I cant trade normal with this coin?

As a "trader", you would have done your research into any project you invest in, yes?

The 5k confirmations to exchanges is not new and the reasons for the length of time have been clearly stated before.

It sounds like your goals do not align with the long term vision of Energi, so this may not be the project for you.

Energi Website 0.2.10 has been released for public at https://www.energi.world/

1) Team page updates

2) Exchanges page updates
Activity: 1554
Merit: 255
payMe - P2E

Everyone saying they can protect themselves from hackers/scammers until they get hacked/scammed. Energi is protecting community members and is able to recover funds in such events. If you don't understand that than simple leave your NRG on exchanges and you are free without 5000 confirmation in place. It is up to you to decide. Investors that understand the benefits of such setup are all leaving NRG coins on their EnergiWallet feeling safe and secure and enjoying huge staking and MN rewards at the same time.

Here are few medium article about Energi that will help you understand why deposits to exchanges confirmations was increased to that level:

https://medium.com/energi/important-update-exchange-deposits-8aad7a120b3e
https://medium.com/energi/the-new-safety-standard-for-cryptocurrency-4e3644b1fa69
https://medium.com/energi/ebi-recovery-reduces-cybercrime-by-70-5fccc31dd5b

Remember that Energi is doing things differently than other project in the space. I hope articles above will help you understand that. If not, there ate unlimited other coins and tokens available for arbitrage trading.
Activity: 9

I was active a few months ago as a "cippalo" user, I left for personal reasons (covid first), but from what I see, nothing has changed. invest what you are ready to lose. And this useless war is enough.
Who think earn easily in the crypto world assume their responsibilities.  I, however, saw a great team behind NRG. Then there are collateral that NO one can predict. Especially if it is an innovation.

Stay safe, stay happy.

Hello Cippalo - I am glad to see you, and hope you recover and get healthy soon!  Stay Safe out there.

Hi (Maxxx)

Nothing out there it's how i predict, just wating (no, it's not about nrg price).

Thanks for reply me.

Be strong.
Energi delivered all that they promised.
There is no single road-map point that was skipped. That is what I love the most about this project. There is team developing and we can all see the work that was done in past years. Just amazing. More is yet to come.
Let me point out that Energi is the only project that is hack bullet proof. Every holder is safe holding the coins in their wallet and with amazing ROI, well I cannot imaging better place to store my funds. Makes me feel more secure than fiat at my bank account.
With such team and development progress is only a matter of time when those pillars will come together and make amazing project a perfect one. From that point on it will be an easy job  to make huge impact in the space that everyone will talk about.
Activity: 2
I see here only one Idiot called Mergatroid. This Idiot is posting here with various accounts, but sadly he´s made some mistakes.

You have proved nothing. You are unable to do so, and you know that. So your only way left is offending me, and others!!  And how damn stupid could someone be to post links from closed sources in a public forum?!
You didn't provide ANY proof that "April Incident" is not SCAM!!
Also there´s no official statement anywhere from Energi, what happened, what was done to migitate/ resolve, and when/ how Investors would be compensated. That alone should raise everyone´s alert.

So, as I know that you´re again cant answer that, and will respond with some insults against me, I have to repeat my advise:
Get out of your fingers away from sticky keyboard, and out of your smelly nerdy room without window, out into real world. Again, you need professional mental health support.

Man oh man, you sir ... are exhausting!!  What is your actually vendetta here??  Seriously man, I have never seen such a personal attack against a company.  I'm assuming you have no investment in Energi?  Ok so no investment ... is this a hobby?  Are you some type of philanthropist to protect people from Energi and their scams?  Let's say Energi is just robbing people blind and you have absolute proof ... ok so now what??  What is the fuckin point of you belittling EVERYONE who likes something you don't??  What.  Is.  Your.  Agenda???  I love this project and some people don't.  I also dislike broccoli and some people thoroughly enjoy broccoli ... I don't go to vegan forums and have full blown temper tantrums about how I hate broccoli.  What is your agenda??? 

Seriously man, it's insane your vendetta here.  Recent divorce?  Lost your job?  What is it?  Does it make you feel good to feel like you have caught people in some word games on some archaic forum that most people don't read?  What's your twitter handle?  What projects are you currently invested in?  I have 4 projects I am invested in and not one of them have attackers like you.  Honestly, you're next level here and it's exhausting.  What is your agenda?  Are you the crypto ethics commission??   Judge Dredd of cryptocurrency and the big bad companies??  Why are you not fighting for all the Uni Rug Pulls???  You'd have a much biger job on Twitter calling out scams than coming on here and rambling on and on and ooooooon.  You make fun of others so easily and bully them and play words games ... easier than moving on?  Of course it is, because toxicity and negativity are addictive and if I was religious I'd pray for you but i am not.  Instead, I have faith that maybe you'll realize how beyond silly this is.  Why don't you focus on the projects you're invested in??  Seriously man, honest question ... why aren't you providing good content for your actual investments?  What is your agenda??

I was active a few months ago as a "cippalo" user, I left for personal reasons (covid first), but from what I see, nothing has changed. invest what you are ready to lose. And this useless war is enough.
Who think earn easily in the crypto world assume their responsibilities.  I, however, saw a great team behind NRG. Then there are collateral that NO one can predict. Especially if it is an innovation.

Stay safe, stay happy.

Hello Cippalo - I am glad to see you, and hope you recover and get healthy soon!  Stay Safe out there.

Activity: 9
Wow, following some about NRG here, but what is the REAL problem?

Don't invest what you can't lose. End.

First rule.

Second rule.

Nrg paid about earndrop legit user, so? You have 100 NRG and you are rich about?

Third rule = read first and second.

Team is strong. Very active about MASS ADOPTION not about make money.

Who think earn easily in the crypto world assume their responsibilities.  I, however, saw a great team behind NRG. Then there are collateral that NO one can predict. Especially if it is an innovation.

Stay safe, stay happy.

Activity: 41
I see here only one Idiot called Mergatroid. This Idiot is posting here with various accounts, but sadly he´s made some mistakes.

You have proved nothing. You are unable to do so, and you know that. So your only way left is offending me, and others!!  And how damn stupid could someone be to post links from closed sources in a public forum?!
You didn't provide ANY proof that "April Incident" is not SCAM!!
Also there´s no official statement anywhere from Energi, what happened, what was done to migitate/ resolve, and when/ how Investors would be compensated. That alone should raise everyone´s alert.

So, as I know that you´re again cant answer that, and will respond with some insults against me, I have to repeat my advise:
Get out of your fingers away from sticky keyboard, and out of your smelly nerdy room without window, out into real world. Again, you need professional mental health support.
Activity: 15
seems NRG army is underpaid

They are slipping

Posting and replying to themselves from the same account

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.55480207
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.55480240

https://imgur.com/a/hmp2RZn

This is hilarious comedy

I dumped this shitcoin months ago, so glad I did.

You truly are an idiot. My first post you picked was to the other idiot here (who has now been 100% proven wrong due to the post above yours) and the second one was a response to Blackstone. Not sure how that is so complicated to understand for you but I suppose being an idiot doesn't help you much.

I do have to say I am glad an idiot like you has left. People like you are a waste of skin.
Pages:
Jump to: