Pages:
Author

Topic: ERC20 Wallet Address - page 10. (Read 1533 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 110
April 19, 2020, 02:28:30 AM
You need to learn about wallets first, wallet like coinbase are online wallet meaning they keep your private key safe for you, this means you don't have 100% control of your wallet, for me I don't recommend such
Activity: 406
Merit: 104
Convert Crypto at BestChange
April 19, 2020, 02:27:35 AM
Not every Ethereum address can store ERC20 tokens, but every ERC20 address can receive Ethereum! As you are new to the crypto, then you should use Trust Wallet or Myetherwallet, because they are very easy to use and safe too! Though Coinbase recently published a wallet app where you can store any ERC20 tokens but yet you should pick the best one, which is Trust Wallet!
Activity: 1302
Merit: 577
avatar and signature space for rent !!!
April 19, 2020, 02:07:04 AM
Hi,
Sorry I am new to the Crypto world.
Trying to find out more details on the ERC20 Wallet Address and how Do I get one.
Is the ERC20 Wallet Address the same as the Etherium wallet address which I can get on coinbase.com?

Thanks

create a wallet using https://metamask.io or https://www.myetherwallet.com . Don't forget to save your private key or passphrase in secured places.

As alternative you can also use mobile application like https://trustwallet.com/deeplink/

Or https://token.im/download  .

All provided wallet is can stored any erc20 tokens .

Btw coinbase only accept ETH and not supported any ERC20tokens.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 269
April 19, 2020, 02:03:12 AM
You can use myetherwallet.com check if you are in the correct website
And you can use Trust Wallet, it`s a very good wallet, mobile an very easy to use

I also recommend MyCrypto wallet it's a desktop wallet you should also learn how to use a desktop wallet it's more secure but besides these wallets, you must educate yourself on how to secure all your wallets from hacking, phishing and how not to lose your wallet, your best defense is still education.
Activity: 573
Merit: 250
April 19, 2020, 01:59:55 AM
Welcome, first this isn't right place you have to go help section. You will be happy when you know how easy work it is. For the best and clear suggestion, see a video from YouTube. In coinbase wallet you have no control so open a Myetherwallet account.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 322
April 19, 2020, 01:55:01 AM
Coinbase is a custodial exchange and as a result, you can't use them to store your erc20 token there. You can only deposit ETH on that address. None of the other asset will be stored there.
You can use Myetherwallet and Metamask for storing tokens. Make sure you are using authentic website. There are a lot of phishing site of MEW.
Activity: 756
Merit: 14
April 19, 2020, 01:49:48 AM
Hi,
Trying to find out more details on the ERC20 Wallet Address and how Do I get one.
Is the ERC20 Wallet Address the same as the Etherium wallet address which I can get on coinbase.com?

Thanks
Yes ERC20 wallet address is same thing with Ethereum address, using coinbase is a bad idea though, coinbase wallet don't have backup, you will need a wallet that will give you private key or recovery seeds, and you have to keep it safe and never share with anybody, this is the only way to recover your coin if your phone get lost or stolen, go for trust wallet on playstore
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
April 19, 2020, 01:38:32 AM
First thing first. Stop using coinbase as a wallet, use their GDAX exchange, I think its name has changed now but I like the name GDAX.

If you are storing coins on a website wallet you are not in control of the private keys completely, something that is an imminent danger for any user due to the risk of the site getting hacked or databases stolen. CB may do everything to prevent this but the best prevention method is in your own hands.

Use something like MyEtherWallet site which is not a webwallet but a tool to access your tokens and Ether when you need. There are also Android wallets available for Ethereum and its tokens which other users have posted here already.

Do the same for bitcoin too if you are buying any and storing in CB. Use a desktop wallet for it.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 147
April 19, 2020, 12:46:26 AM
On mobile try trust wallet or IMtoken from store
I use IMtoken thus far, indeed this platform is really recommended if you want to store you altcoin on your mobile phone. Because if you choose MEW you have to open it through dekstop AFAIK, you can't open it through your smartphone.

OP you choose as you wish, learn more first before you choose one. It is not good if you just rely on someone else suggestion and you choosing it before you know the ins and out the platform. Reach the youtube to see how it works and how to using it.
Activity: 644
Merit: 257
Worldwide Payments Accepted in Seconds!
April 19, 2020, 12:30:02 AM
Hi,

Thanks

Hello, ethereum address is different from the addresses of erc20 tokens, they have their own wallet address but they are under the ethereum network. Coinbase is a multi wallet exchange, yes you can use it also to get some erc20 address but only those supported by their custody. Much bette look into more online wallets that support erc20 tokens such as mew, eidoo, mycrypto, trust wallet, atomic wallet and many more. I believe mostly these wallets are supporting erc20 and even higher specs of it.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1403
April 18, 2020, 07:41:23 PM
You can use myetherwallet.com check if you are in the correct website
And you can use Trust Wallet, it`s a very good wallet, mobile an very easy to use
Activity: 279
Merit: 0
April 18, 2020, 11:15:23 PM
On mobile try trust wallet or IMtoken from store
Activity: 2842
Merit: 625
April 18, 2020, 07:03:51 PM
Use myetherwallet.com instead.

These are the supported coins on Coinbase.

https://help.coinbase.com/en/coinbase/getting-started/general-crypto-education/supported-cryptocurrencies.html

You can also choose to use hardware wallet like Ledger nano s or Ledger nano X, they're better than any other wallet.

Erc20 tokens use Ethereum wallet address but they don't count as Ethereum, they are tokens.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
April 18, 2020, 04:14:45 PM
Hi,

Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: