Pages:
Author

Topic: ERC20 Wallet Address - page 2. (Read 1533 times)

Activity: 1498
Merit: 326
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
July 06, 2020, 07:57:38 AM
Just to share my story long time ago when I was still starting  with the use of altcoins.
I joined some bounties before and it was asked for me to put ERC20 Address.
I used my Coinbase ETH Address, and that was kinda fool of me because now that the token was sent to an invalid address.
I should've used MEW but didn't knew that until late.
Well I didn't regret it anyway because the bounty gave a shitcoin.
Thats right. There are some address that's not supported erc20 token like what you had used. Now the tokens are probably gone. Always be careful cause some wallet does not support this especially exchanges but only few of them are noy supporting it. I am bit wondering why you used coinbase though there are lots of other choices, well you should have search first via Google before you executed transactions.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 251
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
July 06, 2020, 07:39:03 AM
it's different ethereum address is different from erc20 address, in my opinion if you want to register the erc20 wallet I recommend using MyEtherWallet or if you use a mobile phone try using ImToken. I think this is very trusted and already has a high level of security.
Yes, now there are many ways to make an ERC20 wallet, but it would be better if someone chooses a wallet that is already very trusted such as myetherwallet, trustwallet and ImToken for his smart phone, because we also have to be careful when making a wallet, because scammers also make applications for ERC20 wallet.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 262
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
July 06, 2020, 07:03:46 AM
https://www.myetherwallet.com/

in my opinion so far the wallet is the best for erc20, even now with updates and updates to some features, making the wallet more comfortable to use. and so far I have used it, there have never been any deficiencies or system bugs that have occurred, highly recommended.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
July 06, 2020, 06:03:12 AM
Just to share my story long time ago when I was still starting  with the use of altcoins.
I used my Coinbase ETH Address, and that was kinda fool of me because now that the token was sent to an invalid address.

good thing that they only gave a sh8tcoin because if not youl regret it hard knowing that it was your first time to join and earn on a bounty  . you dont say that they fool you because they arent the one that they encourage you to use thier wallet  . its clear that they indicate eth and they add a description that its only for eth and not for eth based tokens or erc20 tokens  , same on the wallet that i use they also give a disclaimer on the receiving tab . not unless if you didnt read it  but its also okay for starters to experience a mistake at thier early days .
Activity: 1596
Merit: 264
July 06, 2020, 05:56:35 AM
Just to share my story long time ago when I was still starting  with the use of altcoins.
Activity: 504
Merit: 11
July 05, 2020, 09:54:10 PM
Hi,
Sorry I am new to the Crypto world.
Trying to find out more details on the ERC20 Wallet Address and how Do I get one.
Is the ERC20 Wallet Address the same as the Etherium wallet address which I can get on coinbase.com?

Thanks

it's different ethereum address is different from erc20 address, in my opinion if you want to register the erc20 wallet I recommend using MyEtherWallet or if you use a mobile phone try using ImToken. I think this is very trusted and already has a high level of security.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 68
July 04, 2020, 06:54:26 AM
You can simply generate your own ERC20 wallet address in Myether wallet or MEW because it is good in generating ETH address and many more, and it is a trustable wallet that can keep your funds safe. Coinbase also supports ERC20, so you just need to sign up and look for ERC20 tokens.
Activity: 633
Merit: 14
July 03, 2020, 09:39:32 AM
Yes, that is just all code or type of etherium wallet. because indeed the wallet has a node that distinguishes between personal wallet and market wallet. it aims for security on the wallet so it is not easy to be hacked and the market will be safe from hack threats.
why I never pay attention to problems like this. I think things are the same for the safety level of products from Ethereum. it turns out that each wallet has components or features that are special and for what that wallet is used.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
July 03, 2020, 09:31:10 AM
ERC20 is different from Ethereum, the ERC20 wallet supports all coins in the ERC20 shelter. I suggest using MEW (myetherwallet.com) it is the best wallet in my opinion.

ERC-20 is a type of token on Ethereum blockchain, there is no much difference, and basically all ETH addresses can have ERC-20 tokens on them, but if you do not have private key (like you do not have for exchange wallet), you cannot use them for your own purpose, so they will be lost for you

you can check when you make a deposit on exchange, it is the same address for ETH and all ERC-20 tokens that you can deposit on your exchange, but if exchange do not support some tokens, they will be "out-of-reach" for you with exchange address
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
July 03, 2020, 07:26:00 AM
Yes, that is just all code or type of etherium wallet. because indeed the wallet has a node that distinguishes between personal wallet and market wallet. it aims for security on the wallet so it is not easy to be hacked and the market will be safe from hack threats.
Activity: 287
Merit: 10
July 03, 2020, 06:50:31 AM
ERC20 is different from Ethereum, the ERC20 wallet supports all coins in the ERC20 shelter. I suggest using MEW (myetherwallet.com) it is the best wallet in my opinion.
Activity: 1121
Merit: 100
June 28, 2020, 10:28:26 AM
I think coinbase is the best for ethreum address. But we can use myetherwallet.com. Both are trustable to hold your balance. For token, you should use myetherwallet.com. I used coinbase and myetherwallet.com almost 3 years long.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 306
June 28, 2020, 09:52:01 AM
Hmmm, indeed myetherwallet is safe for storing ERC-20 coins. but if you observe, a lot of scams or scam websites whose names are almost the same as myetherwallet. make sure when you want to create a wallet address using a website that is really trusted and There are no typos in writing the website https://www.myetherwallet.com
and if someone is afraid to use myetherwallet then they use mobile applications such as trust wallet and Imtoken because I know that they both support all erc20-based tokens
Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
June 24, 2020, 09:12:15 PM
You can make ERC-20 address on myetherwallet MEW for basic wallet ERC-20.
MEW is really safe address for ERC-20 or Ethereum blockchain address, you can use that address after you build it.
Hmmm, indeed myetherwallet is safe for storing ERC-20 coins. but if you observe, a lot of scams or scam websites whose names are almost the same as myetherwallet. make sure when you want to create a wallet address using a website that is really trusted and There are no typos in writing the website https://www.myetherwallet.com
Activity: 630
Merit: 118
June 24, 2020, 07:49:25 PM
You can make ERC-20 address on myetherwallet MEW for basic wallet ERC-20.
MEW is really safe address for ERC-20 or Ethereum blockchain address, you can use that address after you build it.
Activity: 518
Merit: 256
Living the truth....
June 24, 2020, 10:51:58 AM
You should use a decentralized wallet and can control its private key. Ideally, you should use Myetherwallet or Trustwallet to create an ERC-20 wallet. You will easily access it and can use them easily
copper member
Activity: 351
Merit: 1
June 24, 2020, 10:48:43 AM
Hi,
Sorry I am new to the Crypto world.
Trying to find out more details on the ERC20 Wallet Address and how Do I get one.
Is the ERC20 Wallet Address the same as the Etherium wallet address which I can get on coinbase.com?

Thanks
erc20 wallets are more like paper wallets..  where you have full control to this wallet.. and once you've lost access to it... your wallet is lost forever... and you can transfer other ethereum based assets into erc20 wallet.. examples of erc20 wallets are.. myetherwallet.. imtoken etc
Activity: 380
June 24, 2020, 10:45:06 AM
You could use MyEtherWallet. It's mainly used for storing your coins. And what's best about it that it's free and it has a app. So you can just download the app on your phone and use that as your wallet. But you can still use the website if you want. Just by downloading a file or saving your private key. Also, If you use the private key method, Be sure not to send it to any one you don't know or trust.
Activity: 994
June 22, 2020, 07:15:32 PM
I see the answers from everyone here are very clear and have been very helpful to you, all have almost the same answer. so I hope this thread will be locked immediately to avoid spam
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 4532
June 22, 2020, 06:05:15 PM
I use a Ledger wallet that is connected to a metamask. In the metamax settings, select this wallet as the main one and use it. Maximum security, because all operations must be confirmed by pressing the keys on the Ledger
Pages:
Jump to: