Pages:
Author

Topic: ERC20 Wallet Address - page 6. (Read 1533 times)

Activity: 1050
Merit: 10
Martian Swap - Anti Whale Measures New Yield Farmi
May 07, 2020, 01:26:19 PM
Yes you are right ethereum wallet address and erc20 wallet address are same. Ethereum is the platform and erc20 is a standard of many tokens, there are many standard available. And you can get eth wallet form coinbase. But I would suggest you to make and manage it form myetherwallet. Cause as ethereum is a platform many token is based on this platform. And centralised wallet didn't support all the coins nmany timem going with an decentralised interface is the best option.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 105
April 30, 2020, 04:46:36 AM
Hi,
Sorry I am new to the Crypto world.
Trying to find out more details on the ERC20 Wallet Address and how Do I get one.
Is the ERC20 Wallet Address the same as the Etherium wallet address which I can get on coinbase.com?

Thanks

the main point is actually, what tokens do you have right now? if you already have there is usually a notification from them where the token is placed, and you just follow your directions. it's that easy and you don't need to have a lot, because just adjust it to the token you have. what is certain is that for altcoin you need MEW for initial shelter and Blockchain for bitcoin.
Activity: 854
Merit: 253
l0tt0.com
April 30, 2020, 02:17:13 AM
Hi,
Trying to find out more details on the ERC20 Wallet Address and how Do I get one.
Is the ERC20 Wallet Address the same as the Etherium wallet address which I can get on coinbase.com?

Thanks
If you are running a bounty campaign and they require an ERC-20 wallet then you should use the MEW wallet. It's the foundation of Ethereum and supports most ICO projects now. Or if they mention the ETH wallet and pay you with ETH, you can use Trustwallet, Blockchain, Coinbase, ...
Read and understand the operating principles of platforms and tokens. Or you can ask your manager so they can give you the most accurate answer.
Activity: 1078
April 30, 2020, 02:14:24 AM
ERC-20 is the most popular token standard on Ethereum blockchain, so Ethereum wallet support all ERC-20 wallets. It is important it should be your own wallet, not the one from Exchange if you want to get tokens not listed on a particular Exchange.
Activity: 463
Merit: 102
April 30, 2020, 02:07:32 AM
Hi,

Thanks
I can understand as it is quiet confusing for the beginners....first of all i recommend you to use myetherwallet first for both ethereum and ERC-20 Tokens...just start using it and you will understand everything with time
copper member
Activity: 504
Merit: 0
April 30, 2020, 01:59:46 AM
One of the best wallet to receive Ethereum blockchain coin. There are many wallet going to receive eth blockchain coin like MEW, coinomi, trust wallet, metamask etc. You can make account on any of them and receive your coin from any exchange or any wallet.These account can be registered with private key, memonic word phrase, etc. You have to use this private key to unlock your wallet and send your or receive coin. If anybody loss these key or words you can't access your wallet so place these key with safety.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 251
Hexhash.xyz
April 29, 2020, 11:12:00 PM
i think you wrong sir, if you want some ERC20 wallet you can make it on myetherwallet/MEW.
ang there you can put all of coin/token ERC20 like ETH and other.
if you want to your wallet in your smartphone you can use imtoken, you can download in Playstore.

Yes, myetherwallet is the most simple eth wallet to use for newcomer in crypto.
Any ethereum tokens should be able to send to mew, but you must input the detail of the token so mew can display the balance later.
Activity: 402
Merit: 101
April 29, 2020, 02:43:33 PM
i think you wrong sir, if you want some ERC20 wallet you can make it on myetherwallet/MEW.
ang there you can put all of coin/token ERC20 like ETH and other.
if you want to your wallet in your smartphone you can use imtoken, you can download in Playstore.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 104
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
April 29, 2020, 02:37:22 PM
Hi,

Thanks

Welcome to the crypto world, the best wallet I can suggest for you is trust wallet, it is user-friendly and if you later want to store different coins like BTC, you can still use it. Also, since you are new, another important thing to learn is how to safeguard your private keys, mnemonic phrases etc; it goes this way for trust wallet, download the mobile app from play store, install and open it, then create a wallet and carefully write down your mnemonic phrases accordingly which you will store in a safe place only accessible by you. Then proceed to confirm the mnemonic phrases and that's it, you can copy your wallet address for your transactions.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1
Base.protocol
April 29, 2020, 01:42:42 PM
Yes it is same. ERC20 is an agreement standard that are reached for a token to be issued. It comes with different protocols and scripts. It is the Ethereum network token issuing blockchain. The ERC means Ethereum Request For Comments, while the 20 is a unique ID to differentiate standards. There are othe ERC like 721 that are develipes with their own uniqueness. Meanwhile, you are welcome to crypto world enjoy your ride.
Activity: 252
Merit: 4
April 29, 2020, 01:00:55 PM
An ERC20 token is a blockchain-based asset with similar functionality to bitcoin, ether, and bitcoin cash: it can hold value and be sent and received. ERC20 tokens are stored and sent using ethereum addresses and transactions, and use gas to cover transaction fees. MyEtherWallet is still safe to use and will remain one of the most popular ETH management platforms, but it's important for users to understand the risks of inputting their private keys or passwords into any centralized website. Hackers are getting craftier every day, and there is always the possibility that.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
April 29, 2020, 08:56:58 AM
Trust wallet seems to be the best compared to MEW because people no need to manually add tokens on Trust wallet so it will be easier for the beginner to receive tokens.And never try to send tokens to address like coinbase or other online wallets which will results in complete loss of your assets.
But you will not have a wallet private key. That is the inconvenience of centralized wallets. It is best to create a wallet in Myetherwallet and you can control everything without having to depend on others.
Addresses created in trust wallet may not have private key but you will have recovery seeds so you can export the whole wallet if you missed the device where your wallet is installed.MEW is not multicrypto wallet so people uses trust wallet have better convenience.
Activity: 826
Merit: 104
April 29, 2020, 06:57:57 AM
Trust wallet seems to be the best compared to MEW because people no need to manually add tokens on Trust wallet so it will be easier for the beginner to receive tokens.And never try to send tokens to address like coinbase or other online wallets which will results in complete loss of your assets.
But you will not have a wallet private key. That is the inconvenience of centralized wallets. It is best to create a wallet in Myetherwallet and you can control everything without having to depend on others.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 118
April 29, 2020, 03:29:02 AM

i havent use trust wallet though i have use mew before , afaik i the tokens loads directly on mew if they support it but you can also add manually if ever they didnt support it  and yeah coinbase is not a wallet for erc20 but only for eth and other alts if ever they support it   .

trust wallet can be really trusted because i see higher rank users also talk about it but i didnt knew before that trust wallet supports erc20 too  . thats cool now op can choose an option if where he is comfortable with
Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
April 29, 2020, 03:16:39 AM
Activity: 503
Merit: 250
April 29, 2020, 01:09:59 AM
you should check out https://metamask.io/
Activity: 550
April 29, 2020, 01:03:54 AM
you can get ERC20 wallet address on https://www.myetherwallet.com/ and you can pick what wallet do you want.
Activity: 812
Merit: 100
April 28, 2020, 11:27:08 PM
ERC20 token address is the same format with Ethereum address because ERC20 is the token of ethereum.
You can use your ETH address to receive the ERC20 tokens of course. Any wallet that have Eth address, you should be able to receive any eth tokens as well.
and you should close this thread because the question already answered.
Activity: 1313
Merit: 278
April 28, 2020, 05:32:14 PM
It seems to me there is nothing more convenient than the metamask extension. An interface that allows you to easily access and create clippings of the ERC-20 format.
In this case, you do not need to remember the password for each wallet, it will be the same for entering the extension. By the way, you can unload the private key of each wallet to create a backup.
Activity: 742
Merit: 102
Second Live
April 28, 2020, 05:37:21 PM
I read explanation of a similar person and it seems like this thread must be locked by the OP or moderator so that the same discussion doesn't get longer and I think all the answers have helped OP
Agree, this topic has too many similar answers. So the OP needs to lock this topic to avoid getting the same answers repeated every day.
Pages:
Jump to: