Author

Topic: error - page 121. (Read 360500 times)

Activity: 129
Merit: 100
January 11, 2014, 10:11:43 AM
Implement gravity well, it was designed for this and works really well...

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
January 11, 2014, 10:02:05 AM
wether community comes together and invests into a big big mining farm to be free from free decision miners or you have to fork it.

No miners, no new blocks, no transactions , no trading - coin no longer exists

For me it looks like some investors do not understand how mining, nethashrate, blocktimes and diffi works together

Does any investor care about that BTC also was forked in past. NO - a investor even do not now what it is

DEV, if you do not have access to a big minig farm do that what you have to do - FORK
Activity: 154
January 11, 2014, 09:31:14 AM
Please fork this coin before it's too late.  Angry We are in impossible situation and it's beginning to look like Pyramid Scam. Yes I mean that. Like Pyramid Scam! There's no sense that only multipools get to mine this coin. They come in with their gigahashes and few hours later we are back at nearly impossible difficulty. Then they dump those coins and we have to wait 4-5 days until difficulty drops again. All in all only big dumpers and those who already have lot of bitcoin to buy them cheap, make any money out of this. I'm not going to mine this coin for you to buy it dirt cheap!
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
January 11, 2014, 09:19:42 AM
HERE IS AN OFFICIAL POLL TO DETERMINE WHETHER THE DIFFICULTY CALCULATION SHOULD BE UPDATED TO REFLECT MINING POOL ABUSE OR NOT.
WE WILL BE DEMOCRATIC ABOUT THIS SINCE NO ONE PERSON IS IN CHARGE OF RONPAULCOIN. THAT'S WHAT RON PAUL WOULD WANT AND PROBABLY NOT A DICTATOR.

PLEASE VOTE:

http://ronpaulcoin.cryptotycoons.com/RPCForum/index.php?topic=44.0

This is on the official RonPaulCoin forum.

This Poll will be up for another day or so. Sign up there and VOTE NOW or forever hold your silence!

lets us vote on it!
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
January 11, 2014, 09:09:00 AM
I spoke to soon. It looks like whoever compiled this may be running an older version of OS X; this is the error I got...

Swartzfeger, thank you very much for reporting that. Will work on a final fix now, it will be available on the same link ASAP.

edit: updated on the same link, zip md5 = 1ef6fe3621e3d49acddd824545adb96d

Please test and report back.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
January 11, 2014, 08:58:06 AM
Well wouldja looky there - 36 hours until retarget.

Sisyphus would be proud!
Activity: 129
January 11, 2014, 08:54:51 AM
HERE IS AN OFFICIAL POLL TO DETERMINE WHETHER THE DIFFICULTY CALCULATION SHOULD BE UPDATED TO REFLECT MINING POOL ABUSE OR NOT.
WE WILL BE DEMOCRATIC ABOUT THIS SINCE NO ONE PERSON IS IN CHARGE OF RONPAULCOIN. THAT'S WHAT RON PAUL WOULD WANT AND PROBABLY NOT A DICTATOR.

Why not adopt Kimotos gravity well.

If you are not sure what that is, it is an innovation from Kimoto, the developer of Megacoin. It is an difficulty adjustment algorithm that protects a coin from large pool bumping up the difficulty and leaving the coin to die.

This was invented and implemented after megacoins release, anoncoin also has it and I believe memory coin has used it as well.

worth looking into at least. Megacoin is open source so it can be checked out by those that know how.

Megacoin is my favourite, this is one of the reasons why, Ron Paul coin is my next favourite...

Grin

Activity: 154
January 11, 2014, 08:41:38 AM
I spoke to soon. It looks like whoever compiled this may be running an older version of OS X; this is the error I got:

Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/RonPaulCoin-QT-MacOSX-instacash/RonPaulCoin-Qt.app/Contents/Frameworks/libssl.1.0.0.dylib
  Reason: image not found

Use my version a few pages back..
Activity: 350
January 11, 2014, 08:10:48 AM
I spoke to soon. It looks like whoever compiled this may be running an older version of OS X; this is the error I got:

Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libcrypto.1.0.0.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/RonPaulCoin-QT-MacOSX-instacash/RonPaulCoin-Qt.app/Contents/Frameworks/libssl.1.0.0.dylib
  Reason: image not found

Activity: 350
January 11, 2014, 08:08:30 AM
I'd like to thank those that stepped up for the OS X client -- I'm so excited to get started!
Activity: 907
Merit: 1003
January 11, 2014, 06:32:04 AM

PLEASE VOTE:

This Poll will be up for another day or so. Sign up there and VOTE NOW or forever hold your silence!
January 11, 2014, 06:30:59 AM
IMPORTANT NOTE as 'onaboat' put it: If you vote "NO" you had better be a miner. Otherwise you're not understanding the problem and willing to take it head on (go buy some GPUs and help, then). Pretentious are we?  Who the F do you think you are?  As a miner (from day one of Pre ANN...bc the release was not meant to happen) and investor I vote NO...not that I actually voted because I am not signing up for an "official" forum that does not even have their own domain name. (Nothing against the domain owner because I use their pool and it is great.)
How are you to know that RPC's current difficulty is not the only reason I am currently able to wear these flippy floppys with my dolphin on standby to do flips and shit?
If you succeed with your pressing goal you might as well change your name to "dick in a box" because that is what you did for the coin.
If you don't think that a fork will not drop this coin in record fashion to ~$1 then keep pushing for it.

You should place a vote and keep your attitude out of these forums.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
January 11, 2014, 06:26:58 AM
Join http://rpc.pooljunkie.nl for a while and decrease that block saving  rate!! You can set your cgminer pool settings to balance between pools if you don't like to dedicate everything to only thus coin! Switch between various pools to optimize your earnings!!

I'll be doing this to indicate how hard the network needs the hash rate to stay steady!

Est. Avg. Time per Block   12 minutes 26 seconds
Est. Avg. Time per Block   12 minutes 51 seconds
January 11, 2014, 06:19:23 AM

PLEASE VOTE:

Activity: 2
January 11, 2014, 05:47:56 AM
Fortunately we got rid of that horrible long block of last night! Found nice smaller ones right after to compensate!

However, the network hashrates is at a very low point; only 450mhs right now Sad

Join http://rpc.pooljunkie.nl for a while and decrease that block saving  rate!! You can set your cgminer pool settings to balance between pools if you don't like to dedicate everything to only thus coin! Switch between various pools to optimize your earnings!!

Network Info
Difficulty   80.06031858
Est Next Difficulty   12.86487951 (Change in 177 Blocks)
Current Block   12063

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fg99G4otL7U/ULjsxpG1kjI/AAAAAAAAAH8/WI_C5sRrcbQ/s1600/esclavos3.jpg
Activity: 28
January 11, 2014, 05:04:02 AM
Fortunately we got rid of that horrible long block of last night! Found nice smaller ones right after to compensate!

However, the network hashrates is at a very low point; only 450mhs right now Sad

Network Info
Difficulty   80.06031858
Est Next Difficulty   12.86487951 (Change in 177 Blocks)
Current Block   12063
Activity: 321
January 11, 2014, 03:41:30 AM
I agree with this part.   Indeed, how many of you reading this have promoted RPC outside of bitcointalk at all?   There are many liberty movement forums out there and thousands of blogs, youtube channels, meetup groups, facebook, tweeters, etc, etc.

There is also prweb.  How about we put together a nice press release regarding the launch of RonPaulCoin?    That could then be released on PRWeb and commented about all over the place.

Outside promotion and awareness is the ONLY way that this market is going to grow.  Not by squabbling amongst ourselves and blaming eachother for selling too low or whatever.

So, call to action:  Who wants to take a stab at a first draft of a press release?

This is where options have been exploited fully. There hasn't been enough of a media and marketing effort. I'm not talking Coinye level - indeed, that would be a bad thing. But what this coin needs is a consistent campaign to very slowly and steadily increase the amount of long-term miners and investors.
Activity: 252
January 11, 2014, 01:22:24 AM
That's my point. Yet it's still not being bought up. The point: I want it to go up; I wasn't trying to make a point that it can't. But it's all just crazy to me how it hasn't happened/been bought yet. Miners aren't even probably wanting to sell right now considering the hash level isn't too high right now, so miners are scarce atm. I think people are waiting for dev news, but even still if you stop to think about it someone with much BTC could wipe all this lowball crap away, and then make miners want to sell again, and more popularity attraction, market cap, etc. etc. etc., blah.

Well I parked enough BTC at CoinedUp to burn through the sell orders up to .025 and eat into a few RPC's at that wall. But I'm waiting for it to drop below the emergency low of .020. There's no way in hell it should be that cheap.

And for the record, I haven't bought any RPC's yet. Mined all of 'em since day one.
Activity: 81
January 11, 2014, 01:04:41 AM
That's my point. Yet it's still not being bought up. The point: I want it to go up; I wasn't trying to make a point that it can't. But it's all just crazy to me how it hasn't happened/been bought yet. Miners aren't even probably wanting to sell right now considering the hash level isn't too high right now, so miners are scarce atm. I think people are waiting for dev news, but even still if you stop to think about it someone with much BTC could wipe all this lowball crap away, and then make miners want to sell again, and more popularity attraction, market cap, etc. etc. etc., blah.
Activity: 252
January 11, 2014, 12:50:19 AM
Is anyone going to buy this shit? I mean what's going on? This is PATHETIC amounts of RPC up for sale right now. One little atom of a whale could take away all this low value.

What is your point?

$3200 (142RPC's) can bring the value back up to .03

$4000 to .04

etc etc.

So, for the price of a used car you could bring the price of RPC close to last week's high.
This coin is barely off momma's teat. Relax.
Jump to: