Author

Topic: error - page 122. (Read 360500 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 100
January 11, 2014, 12:09:22 AM
Is anyone going to buy this shit? I mean what's going on? This is PATHETIC amounts of RPC up for sale right now. One little atom of a whale could take away all this low value.
Activity: 321
Merit: 250
January 10, 2014, 11:23:41 PM
ebay maybe.   Or a private exchange here or on ronpaulcoin.com.  be careful though.   Or do some work for somebody holding ronpaulcoin. 

I just discovered Ron Paul coin but i'm having a hard time getting the wallet is there some mirror where I can get the wallet. Also how can I buy some RP coin without bitcion since I have none yet? (for fiat dollars dare I say?)
Activity: 797
Merit: 251
January 10, 2014, 11:21:01 PM
Diff retarget in 36 hours. Yesterday the diff retarget was in 36 hours. Every day there are 36 hours remaining to diff retarget  Grin
Activity: 23
Merit: 10
January 10, 2014, 11:11:28 PM
ATTN MAC USERS

Go here (total version 1, so try to cope with it. We'll be pushing out windows and mac updates next week)

http://ronpaulcoin.cryptotycoons.com/RPCForum/index.php?topic=46.0
Activity: 686
Merit: 251
I'm investigating Crypto Projects
January 10, 2014, 11:09:06 PM
I just discovered Ron Paul coin but i'm having a hard time getting the wallet is there some mirror where I can get the wallet. Also how can I buy some RP coin without bitcion since I have none yet? (for fiat dollars dare I say?)
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
January 10, 2014, 10:50:37 PM
RNLtm3yWTbAbpfE2xjg9RuN2v6KgzCHNXK
thanks Cheesy
Activity: 98
January 10, 2014, 10:33:45 PM
I voted no. Here's why.

The problem that has been described here becomes less of a problem as the coin gain more inherent value.

What do I mean by this? Well, cryptocurrencies have no physical value. RPC has used the gold analogy, but in reality it does not mimic the gold standard in any way. One day RPC didn't exist, the next day it did. Short-term rises and fall in the coin price due to mining have absolutely nothing to do with the inherent value of the coin. People use the analogy of "supply and demand" but it's meaningless for currencies. Inherent value comes from what people believe the coin is worth.

Therefore, the greater the inherent value of the coin, the less the coin will be affected by a long difficulty retarget. Because if the coin has an inherent value, then people care less when the price crashes, because they have higher confidence in the price recovering.

But what if RPC doesn't have an inherent value? Well, in that case, it's game over anyway, and anything you do is a short-term fix. We might as well not bother.

But if it does and/or will have an inherent value, then the long difficulty retarget will not affect it any significant way. Of course it's affecting it at this early stage, because people are unsure of what it's value really is. Most miners are just interested in what it sells for now, not what its true value is.

But why not shorten the retarget anyway if it doesn't affect whether the coin has an inherent value or not? Because once the coin comes out of its infancy, there are advantages to a longer retarget. It adds stability and leaves the market less open to manipulation in the medium term.

Secondly, I do not believe that other options have been explored to the extent that they should have. Coins in their early stages have to cope with the fact their market cap increases by a significant percentage every day. If the market cap doesn't go up rapidly, then the coin stalls and dies. But to make it go up rapidly, with the coins going up each day significantly early on (as a percentage), then you have to drive additional streams of miners and investors to the coin, otherwise the price will drop, then the market cap falters.

This is where options have been exploited fully. There hasn't been enough of a media and marketing effort. I'm not talking Coinye level - indeed, that would be a bad thing. But what this coin needs is a consistent campaign to very slowly and steadily increase the amount of long-term miners and investors.

Thirdly, regarding multipools, there's really no advantage to reducing the retarget, because the multipools are becoming more sophisticated. Let's say at the moment they mine heavily for three hours, then the coin recovers over three days, rinse and repeat. Compare that to an hourly retarget, where they mine heavily for a few minutes and then the coin recovers over an hour. The ratio of times there is basically the same. And as the multipools become more sophisticated in their switching, the markets will respond more quickly too.

Lastly, regarding limiting the difficulty change to a %, it's an interesting idea, but it absolutely could not be implemented in such a simplified manor as suggested. The most obvious reason why (and there are many) is that multipools would then cause much longer effects. This vote shouldn't be about that. It's too complicated. It would be akin to having a political vote on "how much money should we spend on healthcare?" and expecting the public to be well-versed enough in economics to suggest the numbers themselves.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
January 10, 2014, 10:28:29 PM

The FIRST(and only?)NORTH AMERICAN pool is up!!!

URL: rpc.cryptotycoons.com
Please sign up and give it a try!!
Fees .5%  (Reduced!!)
withdrawal fees are 0.0001 RPC

If you appreciate the effort feel free to donate via mining in the pool or at:

I am also the owner of the official forum!
Check it out at http://ronpaulcoin.cryptotycoons.com/
REdU5PFpQvDV3VKCCGzwxhXcNhaf561kzJ

Found 1/8 of the blocks in the last hour with only 8% of the hash!
Thats double the expected return!!!
Activity: 23
January 10, 2014, 10:22:46 PM
IMPORTANT NOTE as 'onaboat' put it: If you vote "NO" you had better be a miner. Otherwise you're not understanding the problem and willing to take it head on (go buy some GPUs and help, then).

Pretentious are we?  Who the F do you think you are?  

As a miner (from day one of Pre ANN...bc the release was not meant to happen) and investor I vote NO...not that I actually voted because I am not signing up for an "official" forum that does not even have their own domain name.
(Nothing against the domain owner because I use their pool and it is great.)

How are you to know that RPC's current difficulty is not the only reason I am currently able to wear these flippy floppys with my dolphin on standby to do flips and shit?

If you succeed with your pressing goal you might as well change your name to "dick in a box" because that is what you did for the coin.

If you don't think that a fork will not drop this coin in record fashion to ~$1 then keep pushing for it.

Really? How is that constructive? Why don't you point out how my logic of those who mine should help drive this decision is faulty and maybe quit throwing around insults? I'm willing to listen but not to someone who is just looking to be a big man behind a keyboard.

Also, way to go about the domain of the forum. Since this coin wasn't premined maybe nobody has extra $2,000 servers laying around to host it. 0_o

And for the record my only goal here is for RPC to succeed, you failed at mind reading. If my goal was to make money I wouldn't be mining RPC when it's at 12+ minutes per block. Which you would realize if you thought about it for a minute....
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
January 10, 2014, 10:18:02 PM
In the meantime, can some MacOSX users tell me if this is working? I want us to upload it to our site and tweet it! MacOSX client is a huge step in the right direction and is getting overshadowed by all this .... other stuff

RonPaulCoin Mac OS X Wallet

Tested on Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 and Snow Leopard 10.8.3. Compiled by instacash.

download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o5xj83pl1jim8cd/RonPaulCoin-QT-MacOSX-instacash.zip

zip file md5: 5a24cf6f093447e1c3e235b67e31909d

screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/BpM4RCr.png

If your client doesn't sync, add the ronpaulcoin.conf included in the zip to: ~/Library/Application Support/RonPaulCoin/

Feel free to report errors via PM. If you like this, consider donating RPC:

RPC:   RAbxHkfbisd9MVVNZSVFhnvLEpxdkCaVFa

BTC:   15Db1ZGXW3i5z41mtYCVPhuZMDtmSwbXN3

AWESOME! Error, won't run. I'm on 10.9 Mavericks btw.

Meh, no block source available...0 connections to network.

If your client doesn't sync you need to add the nodes as described. Client fully synced and connected here.

Working on the next version of the client which is going to have the working nodes included out of the box. Please have a little patience.
Activity: 486
Merit: 500
January 10, 2014, 09:58:13 PM
In the meantime, can some MacOSX users tell me if this is working? I want us to upload it to our site and tweet it! MacOSX client is a huge step in the right direction and is getting overshadowed by all this .... other stuff

RonPaulCoin Mac OS X Wallet

Tested on Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 and Snow Leopard 10.8.3. Compiled by instacash.

download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o5xj83pl1jim8cd/RonPaulCoin-QT-MacOSX-instacash.zip

zip file md5: 5a24cf6f093447e1c3e235b67e31909d

screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/BpM4RCr.png

If your client doesn't sync, add the ronpaulcoin.conf included in the zip to: ~/Library/Application Support/RonPaulCoin/

Feel free to report errors via PM. If you like this, consider donating RPC:

RPC:   RAbxHkfbisd9MVVNZSVFhnvLEpxdkCaVFa

BTC:   15Db1ZGXW3i5z41mtYCVPhuZMDtmSwbXN3

AWESOME! Error, won't run. I'm on 10.9 Mavericks btw.

Try this for now http://muchhash.com/RonPaulCoin-qt.dmg

Meh, no block source available...0 connections to network.
Activity: 434
January 10, 2014, 09:52:26 PM
After mining almost 9 hours, I give up. No blocks are found. I'm going back and mine more dogecoin.

Good.  You go and mine in the kitty litter box and I will keep mining in the gold mines unless a fork occurs.
January 10, 2014, 09:36:42 PM
Very encouraged to see colin's detailed post and poll on the other forum.  Great writeup!  I was beginning to get worried for the future of this coin.  People (dedicated miners and supporters) are only willing to sacrifice for the common good for so long.

I understand that many here are concerned about hard-forking and the possible damage that could do.  I think however that with proper planning, most of the pain can be averted.  I suggest to review how bitcoin and other altcoin devs have managed such changes in the past.

I am not an expert, but I believe that in general, they modify the code so that the change will not take effect until a given block index, well in the future.   They then publicize the change as widely as possible, and urge everyone to upgrade before the given block.  And they send an alert message over the system alert channel built into the client.

This system, with a long enough lead time should enable most users of the coin to begin using the new codebase well in advance of the fork block.  So when the switchover happens, most people just keep trucking along.  And any with the old client would only be affected if they are just mining away and not paying any attention whatsoever to the RPC client or community.  And even still, they will still have their pre-existing holdings once they finally upgrade the software.

Given how new this coin is, I think that a 1 week lead time should suffice.    Many of the affected parties are reading these forums and/or actively mining the coin, so should see the alert and upgrade rather quickly.

So in a nutshell, this is a process that has been done succesfully in the past.  We do not need to fear it, and should instead just view it as a sign of the coin and community maturing.

The concern is not the implementation of a fork.  The concern is the fork itself.  And of course you enjoy the lean on the write up because the write up is because of a direct lean from onaboat
Activity: 379
January 10, 2014, 09:31:24 PM
After mining almost 9 hours, I give up. No blocks are found. I'm going back and mine more dogecoin.
Activity: 321
January 10, 2014, 09:19:13 PM
Very encouraged to see colin's detailed post and poll on the other forum.  Great writeup!  I was beginning to get worried for the future of this coin.  People (dedicated miners and supporters) are only willing to sacrifice for the common good for so long.

I understand that many here are concerned about hard-forking and the possible damage that could do.  I think however that with proper planning, most of the pain can be averted.  I suggest to review how bitcoin and other altcoin devs have managed such changes in the past.

I am not an expert, but I believe that in general, they modify the code so that the change will not take effect until a given block index, well in the future.   They then publicize the change as widely as possible, and urge everyone to upgrade before the given block.  And they send an alert message over the system alert channel built into the client.

This system, with a long enough lead time should enable most users of the coin to begin using the new codebase well in advance of the fork block.  So when the switchover happens, most people just keep trucking along.  And any with the old client would only be affected if they are just mining away and not paying any attention whatsoever to the RPC client or community.  And even still, they will still have their pre-existing holdings once they finally upgrade the software.

Given how new this coin is, I think that a 1 week lead time should suffice.    Many of the affected parties are reading these forums and/or actively mining the coin, so should see the alert and upgrade rather quickly.

So in a nutshell, this is a process that has been done succesfully in the past.  We do not need to fear it, and should instead just view it as a sign of the coin and community maturing.

January 10, 2014, 09:18:41 PM

Yeah, maybe "disses" ?  LOL. Anyways - watch the Barbara Streissand effect kick in. The gal interviewed probably doesn't know how that works!

Bullish!

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/2014/1/10/msnbcs-the-cycle-discusses-cryptocurrency

This chick completely trashes Ron Paul Coin.

Disclaimer: While I love Ron Paul, I have no opinions on this coin.

I don't know about "trashes", but HAHAHAHAH THE BRAND OF RON PAUL IS TERRIBLE!? Really? I mean this lady obviously knows her stuff but I'm not sure if she's checked congressional or presidential approval ratings lately, I think Ron is better than the lot of them. Try an ObamaCoin or BoehnerCoin? Also has a base of fervent support that is unrivaled. Other than that this was an interesting bit.

HEY! RPC was mentioned on National TV!!!

I warned of the negative media spin within the first few hours of "release".  There are very easy ways to mitigate this and use media interviews to the coin's advantage in regards to long term investors and miners, but a hardfork in not one of them.

Edit: "I mean this lady obviously knows her stuff" I really hope that was sarcasm. 
I just watched the interview in which she regurgitates a simple idea of bitcoin wiki while relating it to bittorrent.
And the in regard to RonPaulCoin she downs it because it is not as "popular" as btc or ltc.
Mind you this is a super left leaning obamacare lover that relates value to popularity.
I no longer have to guess who was "popular" with their whole high school football team and eats boogers when they think know one is looking.
Activity: 296
January 10, 2014, 09:11:48 PM

Yeah, maybe "disses" ?  LOL. Anyways - watch the Barbara Streissand effect kick in. The gal interviewed probably doesn't know how that works!

Bullish!

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/2014/1/10/msnbcs-the-cycle-discusses-cryptocurrency

This chick completely trashes Ron Paul Coin.

Disclaimer: While I love Ron Paul, I have no opinions on this coin.

I don't know about "trashes", but HAHAHAHAH THE BRAND OF RON PAUL IS TERRIBLE!? Really? I mean this lady obviously knows her stuff but I'm not sure if she's checked congressional or presidential approval ratings lately, I think Ron is better than the lot of them. Try an ObamaCoin or BoehnerCoin? Also has a base of fervent support that is unrivaled. Other than that this was an interesting bit.

HEY! RPC was mentioned on National TV!!!

Activity: 296
January 10, 2014, 09:00:40 PM
Then your pool should join another pool Wink

I started mining 4 hours ago, still haven't found a coin.

What the fuck....

Solo-mining? That will take you forever to find a coin. Join a pool instead.

I am in a pool. I never solo mine.
Activity: 252
January 10, 2014, 08:59:15 PM

_________ Jan 10, 2014 NEWS UPDATE _________

A group of RonPaulCoin supporters (Dajackal, instacash, jwill, elbandi, onaboat) are currently working on a new release of the client, including the following highly demanded features:
  • Hard-fork to update the difficulty recalculation time from 24 hours to 1 hour. This will help prevent the difficulty recalculation times from being stuck high.
  • Hard-coded seed nodes into client so that no .conf file is needed.
  • Fixing the tray icon (so it's no longer the incorrect litecoin icon).

We will let everyone know as soon as this new client is ready and will provide instructions for updating it. There will also be a Mac OS client.
If you are a developer and know how to do these changes, please contact onaboat who is organizing this update, and he can include you in the discussion.

Do not hard fork. This is the worst thing you can do. Every coin had difficulty issues in the past. Next retarget will take a few days. So what? The hashrate is still ok. 532 MH right now.

Instead of hard forking, you should try to get some media attention. No matter if its good news or bad news. Even if Ron Paul is going to sue you - the price of the coin will go up.

If you are going to hard fork, I dump all my coins (three-figure).

+1

Thank YOU Sir for confirming what I spent all night explaining, only to have the person, colinistheman, I believed in most to do the opposite.

I am an investor as well, and my sentiments about this coin will REVERSE after the Hard Fork.

Even if the coin doesn't Hard Fork, the fact that it was even mentioned shows weakness...like these people have no idea what they are doing.

You want me to invest my multiple bitcoins in that?!
Like I said, this is bad. And this coin will be entering a world of pain.

Thanks again for chiming in with my very own sentiments, amidst all these opportunistic mine-dumpers.

Opportunistic mine-dumpers? Listen chief the only thing that grants you the ability to shift the coins around is the miners. You invested a bunch of BTC in the coin, congratulations. It takes two to tango.  I decided to gamble on RPC with my hydro bill (out of pocket) and I am renting the farm from my investors at .047 btc a day because this is not a good investment of hashing power. I have faith in the brand however as many people were turned on to fiscal policy by Ron. RPC has one more day to retarget. I will put my hash to the cause to get the coin over the hump at my own cost. After that anyone wanting to rent the 4.1 m/hash can rent it for .047 a day. Hardware and hydro is not free and although I am not losing my shirt I do have investor's interests to look out for. Not doing so makes me an ineffective administrator of their investment. The only value any of these coins have is in the end user's perception of value in the coin. The same is true for any currency. If one of these coins is to work long term it needs to be backed by something tangible. Not generating value out of thin air like the banks already do. Back a premined coin with silver and you will get old money on board.

Anyhow I have read quite enough miner bashing not to chime in. I'm rootin for yah Ron!

Network Info
Difficulty    80.06031858
Est Next Difficulty    14.88709199 (Change in 69 Blocks)
Est. Avg. Time per Block    645.34 seconds
Current Block    12027

If this slows transaction time, so what? Even at its slowest, half a day or a day, its still better than 3-5 business days with a bank. And with a bank I can't look at the blockchain, which I can do here immediately after sending it, no matter how long the transaction takes to complete. Not to mention, if this coin maintains its integrity, there'd be people willing to mine it just to support it, not just to dump it and leave.

And, there wouldn't be so much miner bashing if the miner's who just want to mine dump weren't RPC bashing so much! Its gotten to the point where they have convinced the team to consider a hard fork! And tell me who does that benefit? It certainly doesn't benefit us investors with lots of rpc and a few bitcoins we're waiting to jump in with.

All good points I agree with!
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
January 10, 2014, 08:40:41 PM
Don't fork the coin. It'll die.
Jump to: