Author

Topic: error - page 137. (Read 360500 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
January 09, 2014, 12:58:51 AM
Thank you for this answer. Since I am not completely finished reading this whole thread yet, I haven't actually seen the answers to these questions yet:

>>>>what would multipools do to harm us?
>>>>if the difficulty goes up, that doesn't change the block reward, right?
>>>>what if 90% of miners shut down before the retarget? would that stop the difficulty from going up?

If you could answer these, I appreciate it. [me = i have no idea what i am doing dog]

The block reward is constant. Difficulty regulates minting and must go up whenever net hash rate increases.

We do not manipulate difficulty by temporary shutdowns and we have no reason to do so.

If the difficulty is temporarily too high we will see decreased minting and this gets regulated by the market.

So basically you get coins easier by mining on low difficulty while on high difficulty you can compensate by buying coins whenever net hashrate increases because that reduces the amount of coins being dumped until difficulty and hashrate are balanced again. We believe in the market because we already saw it working that way.
Activity: 23
Merit: 10
January 09, 2014, 12:45:13 AM
If I put you in the pool right now, you'll sink like a god damn stone.

Well aren't you a basket of roses
Activity: 98
January 09, 2014, 12:43:45 AM
There are about 11,000 coins and with a growth rate of 780 coins, your adding almost 5-10% every single day of new coins. That is hyperinflation out of control.

You've mentioned that a few times in this thread. It doesn't make much sense, because it's such a new coin. Of course the daily new supply is going to be a significant proportion of the total supply! The only way that wouldn't be the case is with coins that are premined or mined very, very heavily early on. And the problems that causes are even worse.

Adding 7% to the supply each day is not a problem, but yes of course to maintain value that's a 7% increase to the market cap each day. All that means is that the coin has to continue to grow externally - more exposure to new people and the media. That's what drives the extra value to the total supply and keeps the price consistent.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
January 09, 2014, 12:42:10 AM
If I put you in the pool right now, you'll sink like a god damn stone.
Activity: 81
January 09, 2014, 12:37:28 AM
It should be fine if everyone sets a goal at what they want the market cap to be, fairly high would be really good; then no one has to worry about stupid minting-reducing-price woes. RP is really low market cap right now. Also, great insight regarding buyers being holders, for the majority potentially; though, don't forget that, people buying low could also be miners who have sold high. ... All crypto factors make up a huge web of knowledge from which to gather insights.

Don't ignore that those that sold high could be waiting for Cryptsy to buy back in, especially while the price drops (and everyone stares at it). Or maybe me typing that will give ideas, ha ha. Or people might not wait for Cryptsy. Sometimes, you have to think about just the numbers (graphs, coinmarketcap, etc.), and forget most of what is said in here: what would you do in any given numerical scenario.
January 09, 2014, 12:36:07 AM

At current value, it's not quite worth a multipool mining RPC. If the value was high enough so that it is, then obviously the big increase in net hashrate will send the difficulty up a lot and the value will likely drop off significantly. Which is the opposite of what you want to happen - you want a steady increase in difficulty with a steady increase in value. Other coins have folded because at this point, multipools move on to another coin after the value drops, leaving the difficulty too high to even reach the next retarget. You can fork it at this point, but the damage can already be done.

Would this happen to RPC? It has a decent chance of surviving it because there are lots of people holding. HOWEVER, RPC has been mined very little so far, and the net hashrate of ~3GH/s isn't that high, so multipools could do serious damage in a short space of time.

That's right.

>>>>what if 90% of miners shut down before the retarget? would that stop the difficulty from going up?

Honestly, I'm not sure exactly how it's calculated. Maybe someone could answer. But in practice it would never work of course.

(This is all my own opinion, take it as you will Smiley)
January 09, 2014, 12:35:40 AM

If you could answer these, I appreciate it. [me = i have no idea what i am doing dog]

in order

big time pump & dump. If/when RPC's value hits .1, the hashrate will go bezerk. like doge bezerk. i.e. well over 10 times what the hash rate is now. That will cause a lot of small time miners like me (and maybe you?) to only get a small amount of coin, due to diff hike. Additionally, a lot of folks who don't give two shits about the DNA of this particular coin will be mining/selling, so it could cause the diff to increase and the price to decrease. This is obviously a less than stellar scenario. However, this could just mean folks who already have RPC will buy more of RPC at low prices. These same folks are the ones that aren't selling that much, I'd presume, which will in turn drive down supply

Diff doesn't change block reward. Block reward is 1 (until maybe years from now? check OP)

90% of miners shutting down means the diff would be high but the miners still mining away (e.g. really long block times), I don't see 90% ever leaving all at once at this point due to the buying support you're seeing at the prices you're seeing. I've said this before this coin is still more profitable to mine than LTC with a lot higher short-term upside.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
January 09, 2014, 12:32:25 AM
I think mining coins is questionable for alt-coins. Especially with coins that put too high a rate of growth for the market they exist in.

First, you are putting a coin out there with basically a high rate of inflation. You know what happens to fiat currency with high inflation.

Right now, the RPC coin is in hyper inflation. Since it was just released, there are very few coins and each day a large percentage of the total are created.

There are about 11,000 coins and with a growth rate of 780 coins, your adding almost 5-10% every single day of new coins. That is hyperinflation out of control.

The tiny market just can't support this. That is why coins with even worse growth rates than RPC, just all fail.

Bitcoin survived it, only because the community wanting the coin is huge, 1000x more than RPC or any alt coin.

This is why I am liking coins that have a fair distribution to start. Everybody pre-buys the coin like Emunie and pays the same amount. This way the number of coins is fixed and can probably only go up at the buyout. No hyperinflation like RPC.

Guys, I troll you not but warn you guys, I told everyone about the deutsche Mark to sell at .0003 and told them about the high growth rate after I sold out at .0004. They didn't believe me either, now the coin is selling for .00018 and going lower.

RPC is in Hyperinflation with mining. Mining is just a bad thing for these alt-coins as the growth rate is way too high. The only way to do a coin properly is something like Emunie which has pre-sale buyins.

What mining does also is it makes people like me who don't mine in a bad position to buy the coins especially early on. We miss the opportunity to get in equally and just don't want to invest in the coin and stay out of it forever. Trust me, I liked the RPC idea but I'm put off by the high prices and the lack of being able to acquire this coin for what the miners basically acquired it for. You miners paid dollars for the coins, you think I'm going to come in and offer you $40 dollars for a coin. Nope, and I doubt I'm the only one thinking like this.
January 09, 2014, 12:29:51 AM

If the coin was trading at 0.08+, multipools would be onto RPC and there'd be a problem. But it looks like steady progress to me.

^^ this

I'm very happy mining at current diff and hashrate, while knowing this is most likely on the cusp of hitting multiple exchanges in the coming weeks. While the giant sleeps........mine away............then when the giant awakes....
Activity: 126
January 09, 2014, 12:11:34 AM
It could always just be a dip. It might be an inactive day. Something that could happen: even if it goes even lower, getting it on Cryptsy will boost it a lot, even if short term. You could always sell A Little Bit of rpc to get some of your BTC back, during that time, and then hold the rest.

It's ALL about popularity.
- Bitcoin has yet to take over large, large financial markets like the optimists predict would boost the price at least tenfold. For whatever reason the price has mostly risen over time, but its lifespan is incredible compared to the new coins.
- Dogecoin reached critical mass quite quickly, with still some potential rallies. But the coins (including the decimal places) get made so quickly that it reduces the price very much. The coins will all be mined within a relatively short time, while BTC and RPC are incredibly gradual.
- IMO, every marginally big hype/rally/awareness/adoption, for RPC, would be much more successful than the gradually sinking dogecoin's now infamous Satoshis drop.
(doge will rise a lot near the end of its coin minting [again, imo] -- just like Infinitecoin, and Quarkcoin.)

I blame the Polar Vortex  ....

and global warming, to a lesser degree
January 09, 2014, 12:11:19 AM
Anyone want to comment on the price of 0.0371?
I bought about 6 coins at 0.0371, and I'm one of the active followers of RPC who will be holding onto them. That's what's seemed positive about this coin in recent days - anyone attempting to mine and sell will usually sell to someone who wants to hold, and so it nips any crash in the bud.

Why did the price drop so low this time? Probably because net hashrate earlier was something like 3.5GH/s, so difficulty went up to 80, and now that net hashrate has dropped to 2.2GH/s, the new block time's gone up quite a bit. In other coins this can spiral out of control. But with so many holding, it doesn't matter - the new block time only goes up a small amount. And so at the next retarget the price will recover again. These ebbs and flows look positive to me.

If the coin was trading at 0.08+, multipools would be onto RPC and there'd be a problem. But it looks like steady progress to me.
Activity: 81
January 08, 2014, 11:59:08 PM
It could always just be a dip. It might be an inactive day. Something that could happen: even if it goes even lower, getting it on Cryptsy will boost it a lot, even if short term. You could always sell A Little Bit of rpc to get some of your BTC back, during that time, and then hold the rest.

It's ALL about popularity.
- Bitcoin has yet to take over large, large financial markets like the optimists predict would boost the price at least tenfold. For whatever reason the price has mostly risen over time, but its lifespan is incredible compared to the new coins.
- Dogecoin reached critical mass quite quickly, with still some potential rallies. But the coins (including the decimal places) get made so quickly that it reduces the price very much. The coins will all be mined within a relatively short time, while BTC and RPC are incredibly gradual.
- IMO, every marginally big hype/rally/awareness/adoption, for RPC, would be much more successful than the gradually sinking dogecoin's now infamous Satoshis drop.
(doge will rise a lot near the end of its coin minting [again, imo] -- just like Infinitecoin, and Quarkcoin.)
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
January 08, 2014, 11:59:03 PM

I am going to rant and let off some steam for a minute:

I was planning on going through this whole thread, taking out the highlights, and posting them on the Reddit and RPC forum. And yet, I can't help but watch douche-fucks that don't believe in the coin just mine it and dump it for whatever. I have 24 coins as it is, and I WANT to HOLD LONG. But, if these guys are going to keep bleeding the value, I am tempted to sell back before I lose money, then wait until it shows some upward signs of life again, buying back in at a lower price.

I am contemplating how to handle this. I've seen these idiots posting on this thread, and its almost as if they are trying to mine the coin just so they can INTENTIONALLY run the price into the ground because they are douchebag fucktards. And if one of you are reading this, your bonehead actions are repugnant. I really hope your mining rigs melt before you can make a return on your investment.  

Anyways, why has activity on this forum slowed down so much? Constant community comments are invaluable to this coin in this phase of development. (lol, not to say that over 100 pages in the past week or so isn't stellar). 

That is the nature of any coin. Anyone can mine it and dump it. That is why you people who hold on to the coins and do not take advantage of the temporary high prices are fooling yourselves and your bitcoin wallet.

780 new coins produced each day, the total amount of RPC coins will double before you know it, then double again.

The market is tiny for any coin, the market is tiny for the whole alt-coin community combined. Who is going to continually pay $30 or $50 for this coin.

Miners are driven by profits, they will come in and mine if this is the most profitable coin. By you holding on to it, you are only going to make them richer.

The price of RPC seemed high at first because it just came out ant there were hardly any coins, plus it had all the people trying to get rich quick and pumpers. This fad will all end and the price will come to more reasonably levels.

Look at Bitbar, much more rare only 9000 coins any worth $73 right now. RPC has 11,626 coins + 780 a day will have 20,000 coins in just about a week. And will keep increasing!

Sell while you can!

Fair enough.

But if you've been here long enough you also know that whenever a coin gets listed on Cryptsy it gets massively pumped before (usually) getting massively corrected.

Wouldn't you rather be holding than buying back in at the last minute?

I'm a hopeless bagholder of coins that (I feel) have value and are suitable for long-term investing, if I can use the term. My main coins are: BTC/LTC and now RPC. My "play coins" are... well... at least a dozen sh!tcoins of various colours and flavours. EAC may join my upper tier but the stupidly high # of coins keep it in the cellar for the most part.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
January 08, 2014, 11:49:17 PM
The FIRST(and only?)NORTH AMERICAN pool is up!!!

URL: rpc.cryptotycoons.com
Please sign up and give it a try!!
Fees .5%  (Reduced!!)
withdrawal fees are 0.0001 RPC
Currently at around 140 MH/s

If you appreciate the effort feel free to donate via mining in the pool or at:
REdU5PFpQvDV3VKCCGzwxhXcNhaf561kzJ

Pool has been problem free for days now! Lets get this hash back up!!
Thanks for all the support!
And be sure to check out the official Forum at RonPaulCoin.CryptoTycoons.com

got 404 not found on your forum link.

just fixed the link, sorry for the inconvenience!
http://ronpaulcoin.cryptotycoons.com/RPCForum/
Activity: 126
January 08, 2014, 11:48:04 PM

Fees .5%  (Reduced!!)

And be sure to check out the official Forum at RonPaulCoin.CryptoTycoons.com

got 404 not found on your forum link.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
January 08, 2014, 11:47:54 PM

I am going to rant and let off some steam for a minute:

I was planning on going through this whole thread, taking out the highlights, and posting them on the Reddit and RPC forum. And yet, I can't help but watch douche-fucks that don't believe in the coin just mine it and dump it for whatever. I have 24 coins as it is, and I WANT to HOLD LONG. But, if these guys are going to keep bleeding the value, I am tempted to sell back before I lose money, then wait until it shows some upward signs of life again, buying back in at a lower price.

I am contemplating how to handle this. I've seen these idiots posting on this thread, and its almost as if they are trying to mine the coin just so they can INTENTIONALLY run the price into the ground because they are douchebag fucktards. And if one of you are reading this, your bonehead actions are repugnant. I really hope your mining rigs melt before you can make a return on your investment.  

Anyways, why has activity on this forum slowed down so much? Constant community comments are invaluable to this coin in this phase of development. (lol, not to say that over 100 pages in the past week or so isn't stellar). 

That is the nature of any coin. Anyone can mine it and dump it. That is why you people who hold on to the coins and do not take advantage of the temporary high prices are fooling yourselves and your bitcoin wallet.

780 new coins produced each day, the total amount of RPC coins will double before you know it, then double again.

The market is tiny for any coin, the market is tiny for the whole alt-coin community combined. Who is going to continually pay $30 or $50 for this coin.

Miners are driven by profits, they will come in and mine if this is the most profitable coin. By you holding on to it, you are only going to make them richer.

The price of RPC seemed high at first because it just came out ant there were hardly any coins, plus it had all the people trying to get rich quick and pumpers. This fad will all end and the price will come to more reasonably levels.

Look at Bitbar, much more rare only 9000 coins any worth $73 right now. RPC has 11,626 coins + 780 a day will have 20,000 coins in just about a week. And will keep increasing!

Sell while you can!
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
January 08, 2014, 11:46:13 PM

Fees .5%  (Reduced!!)

And be sure to check out the official Forum at http://ronpaulcoin.cryptotycoons.com/RPCForum/

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
January 08, 2014, 11:36:40 PM

Anyways, why has activity on this forum slowed down so much? Reading the constant updates keeps me going.

We're all too busy virtual-fondling our meager RPC stashes. That's why.  Cool

...and waiting with baited breath to see if this coin gets listed on any other exchanges.
Activity: 182
January 08, 2014, 10:41:34 PM
It don't build on mint 16
January 08, 2014, 09:23:51 PM
you're the one with the misleading, troll-like image lol. thought it was a rip on the coin
anyway everyone go vote up on that reddit

Touche. Troll vs troll. Smiley

Yes people, vote! Vern won't be able to check his twitter or reddit without being bombarded Smiley
Jump to: