Author

Topic: error - page 141. (Read 360500 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
January 08, 2014, 03:37:43 PM
Of all the coins out there, you would think this one would give you interest. (Like the banks used to...)
If the goal is to be safe from pump and dump, and POS requires you to hold to earn interest, wouldn't that be the best way to prevent selling?
POS also allows people that cannot mine to earn a return from holding the coin, which also secures the network even more.

Why doesnt this coin give POS interest?

This is  a good idea, otherwise coin will be fubar due massive miners P&D's.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
January 08, 2014, 03:34:25 PM
http://rpc.pooljunkie.nl

Who will help us boost that 1000mhs mark? Smiley
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
January 08, 2014, 03:29:49 PM
I'm accepting this coin and a few other's,to see what they are check out my twitter

@Lusty_Latina

Would not send you on of my TIPS if you would accept those.
Activity: 14
January 08, 2014, 03:21:48 PM
I'm accepting this coin and a few other's,to see what they are check out my twitter

@Lusty_Latina
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
January 08, 2014, 02:59:01 PM
its still dropping

How insightful. Are you going to give us a play by play each time the price changes?  Roll Eyes Fast way to get an ignore click. If you're going to post, try and have something to say, please.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
January 08, 2014, 02:57:03 PM
Be greedy when others are fearful, and fearful when others are greedy.

-Warren Buffet
legendary
Activity: 868
January 08, 2014, 02:54:18 PM
its still dropping
Activity: 30
January 08, 2014, 02:53:57 PM
Why isn't this on Cryptsy or elsewhere yet?
Activity: 28
January 08, 2014, 02:42:38 PM
Nice, just bought some more RPCs at a to low price Cheesy:D
Activity: 907
Merit: 1003
January 08, 2014, 02:19:54 PM
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
January 08, 2014, 02:12:06 PM
This coin will die because of difficulty retarget being too long, once it catch some attention (unless You create a fork like Catcoin but that will only delay it). You can quote me on that.
Activity: 910
January 08, 2014, 02:04:39 PM
If we want to help RonPaulCoin even more:

- let's look for someone who can compile Mac client for RPC, we as a community need to help each other and it will help promote it

- let's promote it to our friends, family, on libertarian forums and in social networks

- let's create a small fund to create giveaway thread/lottery thread, each of us can spare very small amount of RPC for great cause right?

- let's make more noise on reddit and on this forum

Add your own ideas for spreading word about RonPaulCoin and help community grow Smiley

RPC is more like a gold vault than a currency used for transactions.
Noone would like to waste any mikRON on transaction fee Wink

Go post this in the RPC forum, listed on the front page in the suggestions section! That's where devs will be looking
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
January 08, 2014, 01:48:33 PM
Of all the coins out there, you would think this one would give you interest. (Like the banks used to...)
If the goal is to be safe from pump and dump, and POS requires you to hold to earn interest, wouldn't that be the best way to prevent selling?
POS also allows people that cannot mine to earn a return from holding the coin, which also secures the network even more.

Why doesnt this coin give POS interest?
Activity: 420
January 08, 2014, 01:30:07 PM
What we need, is far greater interest from meta-forum (outside of forum) sources of support. Go to political forums. Go to Ayn Rand discussion sites. Go to news papers. Go to blogs.

Even with increased demand on alt-coins, it will not succeed as nearly as we hope if this keeps up. We need further representation on big exchanges AND marketing if we want this to succeed.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
January 08, 2014, 01:20:35 PM
Peculiar how it's basically at the price people were initially asking for it on the forum, before the exchange.

Because of the rarity, it minimizes the pump and dump techniques of most people.

You are complete idiot if you think rarity has anything to do with pumps and dumps.

Please no insults. Just my opinion and ideals. You can freely think what you want... I did not say it completely influence the pump and dump, it's one of the factors...
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
January 08, 2014, 01:19:33 PM
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)
January 08, 2014, 01:16:28 PM
Peculiar how it's basically at the price people were initially asking for it on the forum, before the exchange.

Because of the rarity, it minimizes the pump and dump techniques of most people.

You are complete idiot if you think rarity has anything to do with pumps and dumps.
Activity: 23
Merit: 10
January 08, 2014, 01:00:01 PM
@FranceGuy1:  Chill out  Undecided

But seriously, I wanted to post up regarding the scarcity/value thing. Someone tweeted "scarcity =/= value" at our twitter today.

First off, scarcity DOES NOT equal value. Any monkey knows this. Lets get that out of the way, as when I've manned our twitter feed I've had folks saying that. Just because I say I'm young and handsome doesn't mean everyone who is handsome must also be young or vice versa. I've also had a 'ponzi' mention on twitter, so don't get me started on that one.

Now scarcity + demand@rate in excess of supply, DOES typically equal great value.

Demand @rate in excess of supply for this coin is being generated by a few things:

a) the namesake of the coin stands for economics that many folks in the crypto scene happen to strongly agree with

b) the coin is a scrypt coin meaning folks are able to mine it (at least to some degree) without be blown out by ASICs (for now)  - yes this creates a type of demand, not demand you'll necessarily see on the coinedup exchange but a demand being reflected in the hashrate

c) recent crypto community growth, and subsequently purchasing power, is such that multiple coins are being viewed as legitimate alternatives to bitcoin - at least as a stores of value. Viewing the future a 'bitcoin-only' world is becoming less and less realistic with each day. However, many recent alts are seemingly practical jokes with near-infinite supply's (Cagecoin, mooncoin, and i'll say it...dogecoin) leaving a large amount of new purchasing power confused about what to purchase so they stick with litecoin. <
All of these things drive up the DEMAND for the coin.

Now, supply. Supply is already fairly limited. Add to this, the fact that many folks who are buying/mining this coin are very content with the items listed above so their desire to sell is low. In fact, they even have a desire to buy low-mid priced coins (as we've seen on coinedup, and read throughout this thread). So this is now compounding the short supply issue.

Subsequently, if the rate of demand relative to new supply does not change, this will continue to rise, possibly even exponentially.

However, demand can easily change! a) RP could file a C&D letter like Kanye's attorney did (extremely unlikely but possible) b) Scrypt ASICs could ruin the party c) crypto community growth could stall or regress if gov't regulation went through the roof, a bunch of money was lost and subsequently people just gave up, or folks just go straight BTC.

/rant. Scarce AND valuable. Not valuable only because it's scarce.
Activity: 378
January 08, 2014, 12:59:47 PM
Coined UP:

"Order rejected: Trading is temporarily halted on this market." [RPC/BTC]

What is going on about this halt?

fork maybe?
Activity: 326
January 08, 2014, 12:49:59 PM
Coined UP:

"Order rejected: Trading is temporarily halted on this market." [RPC/BTC]