Pages:
Author

Topic: [ESHOP launched] Trezor: Bitcoin hardware wallet - page 13. (Read 965789 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024
Super excited for this.  Any estimates for when you will accept orders? Maybe 4-6 weeks?

What? They have been selling them for over three years. You can buy now.

bit.ly/2L6pw2I
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071
You can already generate bech32 addresses and spend from them if you use the latest Electrum. I have used it a few times without any problems. TREZOR is fully compatible with SegWit but it lacks some features on the official TREZOR website.

I spoke to them and full bech32 support should come soon. It's their priority right now in addition to native ETH/ETC support.

RIght, but I'm asking about python-trezor, not the wallet.trezor.io service, or Electrum. My plan is to use the device with some privacy, you can't get that unless you use python-trezor. You can already generate bech32 / bc1 addresses with python-trezor, but it's not obvious that spending works with python-trezor yet (the documentation at https://github.com/trezor/python-trezor/blob/master/docs/EXAMPLES.rst implies you might be able to, but it's not clear you definitely can spend from bech32)
staff
Activity: 3472
Merit: 6129
You can already generate bech32 addresses and spend from them if you use the latest Electrum. I have used it a few times without any problems. TREZOR is fully compatible with SegWit but it lacks some features on the official TREZOR website.

I spoke to them and full bech32 support should come soon. It's their priority right now in addition to native ETH/ETC support.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131
But in the tx signing section following, there's no mention of bech32. Anyone have any experience or knowledge of whether a Trezor will sign transactions spending outputs from bc1/bech32 addresses?

legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071
so I found this info about using bech32 addresses with python-trezor: https://github.com/trezor/python-trezor/blob/master/docs/EXAMPLES.rst#bitcoin-examples

Get first receiving address of first account for Bitcoin (Bech32 native SegWit P2WPKH):

trezorctl get_address --coin Bitcoin --script-type segwit --address "m/49'/0'/0'/0/0"

Get first receiving address of first account for Bitcoin (SegWit-in-P2SH):

trezorctl get_address --coin Bitcoin --script-type p2shsegwit --address "m/49'/0'/0'/0/0"

But in the tx signing section following, there's no mention of bech32. Anyone have any experience or knowledge of whether a Trezor will sign transactions spending outputs from bc1/bech32 addresses?
legendary
I still don understand how this works

It is actually very simple. The devices uses a random 12 or 24 word seed key that you keep secret. It uses that to create unlimited addresses with associated private keys. The public address can leave the device so you can store coins, but the private key is calculated as needed and never leaves the device. When you send money the device creates the private keys internally and signs the transaction within the device. It then outputs the hash of the signed transaction to send coins. Private keys never leave the device so your coins are safe. The only way your coins can be compromised is if you expose your seed words.
copper member
Activity: 112
Merit: 0
I still don understand how this works
Activity: 588
Merit: 264

Can be, but I can not be carefull enuge, specially whit (virtual machine) windows blocking it to.

i totally agree. can never be careful enough in this world.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

Can be, but I can not be carefull enuge, specially whit (virtual machine) windows blocking it to.
legendary
Activity: 1890
legendary
Activity: 1568
When you buy directly from them are they shipping orders from USA or somewhere inside EU?
I know that Ledger is shipping from France so no customs for Europeans.

What I wanted to say is that if they have centralised shipping hub in USA that could be more expensive for EU citizens then to buy same wallet from local store in their country even without using promo code.

If nothing has changed since I last used them, all orders should be shipped from Czech Republic. I don't see a problem paying extra to have the device come directly from SatoshiLabs anyway.
Activity: 728
Merit: 115
TREZOR has just announced that you can get a 10% off your order at shop.trezor.io only today if you decide to subscribe to their mailing list. It is their token of appreciation for the 10.000 BTC that were spent on two pizzas a few years ago.

Source: https://twitter.com/TREZOR/status/998986874889883654

When you buy directly from them are they shipping orders from USA or somewhere inside EU?
I know that Ledger is shipping from France so no customs for Europeans.

What I wanted to say is that if they have centralised shipping hub in USA that could be more expensive for EU citizens then to buy same wallet from local store in their country even without using promo code.

legendary
TREZOR has just announced that you can get a 10% off your order at shop.trezor.io only today if you decide to subscribe to their mailing list. It is their token of appreciation for the 10.000 BTC that were spent on two pizzas a few years ago.

Source: https://twitter.com/TREZOR/status/998986874889883654
legendary
Is it now possible again to get access to the NEM-Wallet with the Trezor T - or it is still not possible?

Unfortunately, it is still not available on the TREZOR T. However, the dev team is working on it.

I don't know why they keep doing that kind of stuff, pre-order price should be the same for all customers.
After all they are producing it with our money on which they pay zero interest fee.

Probably, they wanted to encourage their customers to buy their new device as soon as possible. The first and the second batch were sold out on the same day. You can order the device right now for a lower price than the fourth batch.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Is it now possible again to get access to the NEM-Wallet with the Trezor T - or it is still not possible?
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
I've been really happy with my Trezor so far , I think I will go for the new model  Smiley
I've tried all the alts , digital bitbox, ledger nano , but I feel most in control and most secure with Trezor which is the original hardware wallet correct?
I'm also using Trezos and I'm pretty happy with the quality of it, I feel very comfortable putting my coins in Trezos. If the investor has a large amount of crypto, I recommend using a hard wallet to ensure that your assets are safe and not stolen by hackers.
Activity: 728
Merit: 115

I think people in the later batches of the preorders paid a higher price. I was in the first batch and I paid 119 Euros.

I don't know why they keep doing that kind of stuff, pre-order price should be the same for all customers.
After all they are producing it with our money on which they pay zero interest fee.

legendary
I've been really happy with my Trezor so far , I think I will go for the new model  Smiley
I've tried all the alts , digital bitbox, ledger nano , but I feel most in control and most secure with Trezor which is the original hardware wallet correct?

Yes. It was designed by Slush, the inventor of mining pools. It was originally crowd-funded and people paid up to 3 BTC for certain models (i.e., metal case which will never be made again). It is a great device. I really like the Model T. Much easier to use than Trezor One.
legendary
TREZOR model T is now available on the official store! You can buy it for 139 EUR (excl. VAT). Delivery is expected at the end of the May.

https://shop.trezor.io/product/trezor-model-t

The price is about the same as I paid in the third batch of pre-orders.

I think people in the later batches of the preorders paid a higher price. I was in the first batch and I paid 119 Euros.
Pages:
Jump to: