Pages:
Author

Topic: ETH next to BTC? - page 74. (Read 283424 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 103
January 25, 2018, 02:19:54 AM
I just created this thread to gather opinions ..
Ethereum is next to BTC?
U think BTC and Eth are different. The price of BTC is not stable and Eth has the price of stable, but the price of BTC is higher than Eth, although BTC is decrease Smiley
Activity: 854
Merit: 108
January 25, 2018, 02:19:32 AM
Ethereum is next to BTC?

In terms of ranks Ethereum is already next or second to bitcoin but if you mean is if bitcoin will disappear and will be replace by Ethereum that is very impossible because bitcoin will never be superseded by any altcoins including ethereum because no matter how many ethereum you kept still it will be traded or sell it for bitcoin for fiat and that makes bitcoin value to become more stable and strong.
Activity: 448
Merit: 110
January 25, 2018, 01:59:20 AM
With bitcoin gradually losing much of its market share and ethereum slowly creeping taking a significant part of this market share, I would say Ethereum 'has the possibility' of taking over.

But when I looked at how the massive adoption of Cryptokitties easily disrupted the ethereum network causing congestion for users of ethereum blockchain, meaning that the scalability issues still remain despite taking over.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
January 25, 2018, 01:47:58 AM
Competing bitcoin is definitely not possible. because bitcoin already has a very strong community and will continue to grow. ETH Rise this year. and no coins that can compete with btc events.
Activity: 245
January 25, 2018, 01:46:16 AM
It is now a lot of eth enthusiasts but if to compete with bitcoin is hard.
Because there is still a lot of interest bitcoin than eth.
So if eth rival the bitcoin it is very difficult and the time is likely long to compete.

Yeah im looking it on the other side of it.. more investors on bitcoin than ETH ..
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
January 25, 2018, 12:36:28 AM
It is now a lot of eth enthusiasts but if to compete with bitcoin is hard.
Because there is still a lot of interest bitcoin than eth.
So if eth rival the bitcoin it is very difficult and the time is likely long to compete.
January 25, 2018, 12:09:40 AM
as I think, maybe the price of ETH will not pass the bitcoin price this fast. but this year I think ETH will grow more than bitcoin.

Thanks for ur opinion.. thats what im thinking too..
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
January 25, 2018, 12:03:26 AM
bitcoin is blockchain 1.0 then we can see that it has some problem with regards with the scalability meaning it can only handle several transactions per period of time. It can't  compete with VISA at MASTERCARD in processing its transactions. That is why there is always backlogs or late transactions.

Because of this need to scale up here comes ethereum which is blockchain 2.0 to address the weakness of bitcoin in terms of scaling. Now ethereum can handle so many transactions and much much more than bitcoin and with added features like smart contract. Now by using this smart contract several platform were developed that runs on ethereum network. So imagine how ethereum address the problem of scalability that bitcoin failed to do and still trying to address it by implementing several forks or upgrades. one of which is the segwit and the upcoming lightning network. Now since mass adoption is coming and a lot of people are now going into cryptos and more and more new platforms are still coming to run on ethereum network, now we can see that even ethereum is having its scalability problem for ethereum network is now congested with transactions. scaling ethereum network to the next level is still in the planing stage, vitalik is looking to use shards technology to spread the load of the network to different network. its like having multiple universe within the universe according to him but this is still a plan and not sure if it will work.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
January 24, 2018, 11:59:32 PM
still far from expectations if ETH want to compete with BTC
especially in the amount of ETH coin so much so nga may ngalahin BTC prices, let alone ETH cm including altcoin.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
https://www.empirehotels.io/
January 24, 2018, 11:58:50 PM
as I think, maybe the price of ETH will not pass the bitcoin price this fast. but this year I think ETH will grow more than bitcoin.
January 24, 2018, 11:43:16 PM
Ethereum is next to BTC?
Pages:
Jump to: