Pages:
Author

Topic: ETH price soaring. Are you going to move some BTC into ETH? - page 94. (Read 198796 times)

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

ether is not a contender for bitcoin

That doesn't mean it can't exceed its marketcap.

Companies are being started all the time that are "not a contender for bitcoin" that will still exceed its marketcap. It's in a different sector - the "Bitcoin 2.0".

At the same time, you could of course be right. I took your view when we were at 0.009. I got a total bruising trying to exit the market during the last profit-take phase. Ended up having to throw in the towel and buy back in - luckily I was still awake at 2:00am in the morning when it took off again.

Then, favouring your side, is Adam Back who says that "blockchain-app" coins are not as valuable as "bearer coins" because the apps can move anywhere and leave the coins behind. Despite that, I think that if they're on that network then the marketcap of the whole "blockchain-app" eco-system is likely to manifest itself in the coin valuation.

It's the Wild West. We cannot tell how things are going to go. I've made up my mind that 15% of BTC cap is a reasonable interim milestone for me. Everyone has to make up their own mind.

Just hedge a bit here and a bit there and we'll all be able to afford a few jollies at the end of the road whichever way it goes Wink

*** EDIT ***

Look ! It's already going ballistic just since I wrote that post. Seems the fear and greed factor is strong in this market right now and everyone is now sh*t scared of "missing out". FOMO as it's affectionately known. Hope it works out for folks.

Shorters caught with their pants down in Poloniex margin-trading-land. I know the feeling  Wink

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
since ether is not a contender for bitcoin i cant see much of a rise as viable.

The long term viability of the price will depend on how successful the DApps turn out to be. The ones out there now are very simple, but they are functional and show a lot of promise. The price now is obviously highly speculative, but could be fairly easy to justify if some of the DApps take off in a big way. The other big obstacle for the price is how well the network will scale - which could present a limiting factor even with very successful DApps.
Activity: 268
Merit: 10
If Ethereum is listed in the big Chinese exchanges, the price could go to $20 or $30 or even higher. The Chinese got a lot of money.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

the price its at now it hard to see it going much higher so i cant really see many more people buying in. you never know, i could be wrong but i ceetainly wont be buying in at current prices just to get dumped on.

Given that...

[1] - Ether probably caught the last bus on major contenders

[2] - It's almost un-contested in its space

[3] - Its developer and promotional base now has bucket loads of money and growing

[4] - It has yet to go on any of the big-3 Chinese exchanges which now seems only a matter of time given the trading volume it has on current "poxy" exchanges

[5] - It's probably about to get a mainstream media/BBC/WSJ splash along the lines of "New Contender Gives Bitcoin a Run for Its Money"

[6] - Hundreds of media pundits have been saying for years that they think that "Cryptocurrencies are the future but bitoin's not the one" and that this is probably their last chance to save face

[7] - This is the leading edge of the "Fill Your Car up Using Smart Contracts Base on the Ethereum Network" type news surprises rather than the trailing edge

[8] - Lightcoin reached the same ratio of Bitcoin's marketcap that Ethereum has now - except with only 1 developer

... I'd say that a conservative justifiable valuation might be, say 15% of Bitoin's marketcap for a start, wouldn't you ? (At least not unreasonably)

That's still a doubling from here.

I think a lot of people have bought into ether after seeing the recent price hikes and hoping it does the same thing bitcoin did when it jumped but since ether is not a contender for bitcoin i cant see much of a rise as viable. For me id rather see bitcoins development continuing and fixing what needs fixed rather than jumping ship.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

the price its at now it hard to see it going much higher so i cant really see many more people buying in. you never know, i could be wrong but i ceetainly wont be buying in at current prices just to get dumped on.

Given that...

[1] - Ether probably caught the last bus on major contenders

[2] - It's almost un-contested in its space

[3] - Its developer and promotional base now has bucket loads of money and growing

[4] - It has yet to go on any of the big-3 Chinese exchanges which now seems only a matter of time given the trading volume it has on current "poxy" exchanges

[5] - It's probably about to get a mainstream media/BBC/WSJ splash along the lines of "New Contender Gives Bitcoin a Run for Its Money"

[6] - Hundreds of media pundits have been saying for years that they think that "Cryptocurrencies are the future but bitoin's not the one" and that this is probably their last chance to save face

[7] - This is the leading edge of the "Fill Your Car up Using Smart Contracts Base on the Ethereum Network" type news surprises rather than the trailing edge

[8] - Litecoin reached the same ratio of Bitcoin's marketcap that Ethereum has now - except with only 1 developer

... I'd say that a conservative justifiable valuation might be, say 15% of Bitoin's marketcap for a start, wouldn't you ? (At least not unreasonably)

That's still a doubling from here.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
I'm still here, remember me? I got in and hold below 90k...while many said it was the worst bubble ever and were FUDing all they could. There's still time to get in, ETH hasn't even hit mainstream news yet. It will hit 0.02 sooner or later and it will continue to go up (not without some bumps in the road of course as we already saw). Even BTC hasn't hit mainstream for that matter but that's another story.

There are not many reports about bitcoin even though it is $7 now and the market cap is over $500m.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Ive got to say im a bit gutted i never bought in at the lower prices but that was never going to happen anyway. the price its at now it hard to see it going much higher so i cant really see many more people buying in. you never know, i could be wrong but i ceetainly wont be buying in at current prices just to get dumped on.
legendary
Activity: 1568
I'm still here, remember me? I got in and hold below 90k...while many said it was the worst bubble ever and were FUDing all they could. There's still time to get in, ETH hasn't even hit mainstream news yet. It will hit 0.02 sooner or later and it will continue to go up (not without some bumps in the road of course as we already saw). Even BTC hasn't hit mainstream for that matter but that's another story.
legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511
I must say, I'm impressed. Assuming this isn't a double-top, this could get crazy now.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Bears need to capitulate on ETH and join the party before it's too late. 

Me thinks that most of the "bears" are alt bagholders who are not actually trading the currency but just sitting on the sidelines hoping that money stops flowing into ETH.
Activity: 481
Merit: 251
Bears need to capitulate on ETH and join the party before it's too late. 

Believe it or not, it is still way undervalued. 
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
Crap, I neglected to put up some orders and just missed the major dip.  Could have made a killing.

I wish I had put my .14 BTC into it the other week when it was $3.70 orz

It's not too late... Buy some now while it stand at $6... If you wait, you may regret your decision when ETH will dethrone BTC Grin

The Ethereum price is still low. When the Homestead is released, the price should go even higher than $6.
Just to be clear, I was talking about covering shorts.  My guess is ETH is overpriced ATM, and will go down quite slowly.

Lol overpriced?  ETH is still utterly undervalued.  It should have a market cap higher than btc

there is active development in the Ethereum. The new Homestead software was just released. More to come.

Homestead will be released on 14 Mar. It looks like the price has stopped moving upwards until the actual release. One thing I don't get it is the decreasing volume of ETH in poloniex. Has this anything to do with bitcoin slow network? ETH volume is less than 10k BTC today.

Its simple mean that ETH price will fall down so it's a final chance you got to sell at higher price.
Activity: 686
Merit: 270
FREEDOM RESERVE
Booster rockets
legendary
Activity: 861
Merit: 1010
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
Crap, I neglected to put up some orders and just missed the major dip.  Could have made a killing.

It's not too late... Buy some now while it stand at $6... If you wait, you may regret your decision when ETH will dethrone BTC Grin

The Ethereum price is still low. When the Homestead is released, the price should go even higher than $6.
Just to be clear, I was talking about covering shorts.  My guess is ETH is overpriced ATM, and will go down quite slowly.

Lol overpriced?  ETH is still utterly undervalued.  It should have a market cap higher than btc

there is active development in the Ethereum. The new Homestead software was just released. More to come.

Homestead will be released on 14 Mar. It looks like the price has stopped moving upwards until the actual release. One thing I don't get it is the decreasing volume of ETH in poloniex. Has this anything to do with bitcoin slow network? ETH volume is less than 10k BTC today.

which season is this homestead series?
legendary
Activity: 1344
Crap, I neglected to put up some orders and just missed the major dip.  Could have made a killing.

Just to be clear, I was talking about covering shorts.  My guess is ETH is overpriced ATM, and will go down quite slowly.

Activity: 446
Merit: 250
Unpaid signature.

Activity: 686
Merit: 270
FREEDOM RESERVE

legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

Activity: 54
Merit: 0
So what is the solution to this problem? Proof of stake is the solution because it remove the physical element and allows network voting power to move seamlessly accross borders. Traditional Proof of Stake contains some flaws like the Nothing at Stake problem. But the new algorithm designed for proof of stake in Ethereum solved all these issues.

PoS is a pipedream that's been sold as security solution. Can't wait until ethereum converts to PoS and we all get to see what a spectacular crypto-crash looks like when the flaw is discovered.

What flaw are you talking about? Could you please expand a little bit?
Pages:
Jump to: