Author

Topic: Ethereum is the future of crypto, bitcoin is not. - page 118. (Read 116501 times)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10
I like Ethereum and Rimbit
My worry is that bitcoin is now mined by so few people, all in China - that is what will limit it.  That will surely help the Ethereums of this world in their charge to the top of the alt-coin heap and then onto becoming the coin of choice, ahead of bitcoin.

eth is not designed to be a currency like bitcoin. it has totally different use case.
Agreed!  I think I worded my point clumsily - much better put by moltenmich in the post after mine.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
My worry is that bitcoin is now mined by so few people, all in China - that is what will limit it.  That will surely help the Ethereums of this world in their charge to the top of the alt-coin heap and then onto becoming the coin of choice, ahead of bitcoin.

eth is not designed to be a currency like bitcoin. it has totally different use case.
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
Bitcoin is definitely facing problems right now, and Ethereum is the hot new thing. I think Ethereum could easily establish itself as the second place crypto, and until the Bitcoin community finds some sort of plan to progress and evolve past the blocksize issue, the number 2 crypto can slowly take momentum away from #1.  I don't see any crypto eclipsing Bitcoin anytime soon, but I do see room for Ethereum to continue to expand it's lead over other alts in terms of capability and popularity.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
I like Ethereum and Rimbit
Activity: 686
Merit: 270
FREEDOM RESERVE
It can be one of the future, but it cannot get pass Bitcoin in terms of popularity and acceptance, eth will be forever an alternative coins

It will take ages for Ethereum to surpass bitcoin. If bitcoin is developed actively, I do not think Etereum will replace it.

the catch is say ethereum or some other coin comes up with a great idea or protocol...would not say bitcoin core simply say 'cool' and incorperate
that into their protocol...thus bitcoin always wins and alts are the crypto equiv of 'test tubes' for 'great ideas' that btc (and maybe ltc) will simply 'upsurp' ?

don't know just seems what I would do if something made another coin better ..especially if already had 90% or some such of all the crypto cap in the world

like btc

inform me where I am in error (likely)

They cannot redesign the whole mining algorithm.  The miners would never install the software that makes themselves obsolete.

Bitcoin is deprecated technology.

Ethereum will take over.
Activity: 119
I have not followed much altcoin news for a little while after getting involved a few times back in the days when Litecoin and Feathercoin looked like they were going to the moon.
Ethereum is the first coin that has really looked interesting to me since those days. What I want to know is, if this is a pump and dump - has any other pump been this sustained before? I have watched various coins going up and quickly down again over the years (dark, nxt etc) but it never seemed to stay up for as long as this (not counting 2013 Bitcoin pump, if that was a pump).
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
It can be one of the future, but it cannot get pass Bitcoin in terms of popularity and acceptance, eth will be forever an alternative coins

It will take ages for Ethereum to surpass bitcoin. If bitcoin is developed actively, I do not think Etereum will replace it.

the catch is say ethereum or some other coin comes up with a great idea or protocol...would not say bitcoin core simply say 'cool' and incorperate
that into their protocol...thus bitcoin always wins and alts are the crypto equiv of 'test tubes' for 'great ideas' that btc (and maybe ltc) will simply 'upsurp' ?

don't know just seems what I would do if something made another coin better ..especially if already had 90% or some such of all the crypto cap in the world

like btc

inform me where I am in error (likely)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~

Mod pls stop this spammer!!! all eth threads full of this spam!!

meh their just a eth holder spreading hype for the news on eth, no worries man Wink
basically ;
1; "mods" can't really stop them, how? block email? they make new one, block ip? they use vpn
2; "mods" don't care/have time for the spam  threads, they clean up 90% but if a thread has actual news and replies for discussion , it stays.
3; noone cares, fuk your sig spam one could say Wink
Activity: 192
Merit: 101

Mod pls stop this spammer!!! all eth threads full of this spam!!
Activity: 181
I'm holding both bitcoin and ethereum. Hopefully they both go higher!
Activity: 1036
Merit: 253
Activity: 201
Merit: 102
The price of Ethereum has risen quite a lot, it is over $3 now. Any reason for the big rise recently?

Maybe it's just another usual whale pumps once in a while.

It could be a whale pump. But this pump has lasted for more than a month. So there could be some value in Ethereum.
Activity: 459
The price of Ethereum has risen quite a lot, it is over $3 now. Any reason for the big rise recently?

Maybe it's just another usual whale pumps once in a while.
Activity: 332
Activity: 201
Merit: 102
I am surprise to see a thread like this I now ethereum has a good future but no way it can unseat bitcoin as the number one in the crypto currency I still believe bitcoin is gold litecoin is silver and dogecoin is bronze although I could be wrong because their price is now on the price could be from pumps nor on demand ,I still have to see that

I think the two coins are complimentary. Ehtereum is a big platform in which many applications can be built on. It is growing fast.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1214
I am surprise to see a thread like this I now ethereum has a good future but no way it can unseat bitcoin as the number one in the crypto currency I still believe bitcoin is gold litecoin is silver and dogecoin is bronze although I could be wrong because their price is now on the price could be from pumps nor on demand ,I still have to see that
Activity: 66
Merit: 2
I suppose this is classical pump ..Prepare yourself for exit on time. Roll Eyes

It could be.  But take note of the large volume.

This "pump" has lasted more than a month now. Maybe it is not just a pump, the price will stay high for the long term.

Bingo

Even today, the price is still over 0.006 or $2.3. It is much higher than a few months ago. Somebody is accumulating?
Activity: 686
Merit: 270
FREEDOM RESERVE

This "pump" has lasted more than a month now. Maybe it is not just a pump, the price will stay high for the long term.

Bingo
Activity: 57
Merit: 0

Jump to: