Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum mining still profitable? - page 37. (Read 131243 times)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
April 26, 2016, 12:50:50 AM
Eventually this coin will be less profitable due to the BTC rise and alt coin price drop and people moving their coin out and selling eth into BTC. Only a matter of time really and seeing BTC is on its way into or soon to be $500 again who knows what will happen. All I know is cheap ETH on its way.

Not only will people move Ether to bitcoin they will also be buying bitcoin instead of ethers so it will be a double hit on the price.  Less buyers to pick up the supply will be very bearish on the ether market so I would hold tight to those ethers until things pick up again.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
April 25, 2016, 08:09:46 PM
Eventually this coin will be less profitable due to the BTC rise and alt coin price drop and people moving their coin out and selling eth into BTC. Only a matter of time really and seeing BTC is on its way into or soon to be $500 again who knows what will happen. All I know is cheap ETH on its way.
Activity: 428
Merit: 250
April 25, 2016, 03:39:23 PM
I'm curious if anyone here was mining when ETH was sitting around a dollar ea. How much did you profit? Did you sell at peak?

I mine quite a few Ethereum when the price was around $1. But I sold all my coins when the price was $1.3.

Ouch, I bet you kicked yourself quite a bit. If miners and buyers get out of ETH, then there might be some trouble for the project.

I also mine and sell the Ethereum. But I still have about 20% of the Etheruem mined, just in case the price rises.
Activity: 176
Merit: 100
April 25, 2016, 03:03:21 PM
I'm curious if anyone here was mining when ETH was sitting around a dollar ea. How much did you profit? Did you sell at peak?

I mine quite a few Ethereum when the price was around $1. But I sold all my coins when the price was $1.3.

Ouch, I bet you kicked yourself quite a bit. If miners and buyers get out of ETH, then there might be some trouble for the project.
Activity: 238
April 25, 2016, 12:07:33 PM
In the next month, if the difficulty keeps on rise at current rate and the price does not increase. It will not be profitable for most people in Europe.
Activity: 206
April 24, 2016, 01:25:07 PM

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
April 24, 2016, 05:17:01 AM

i mined for some day, probably i did only 0.2(on ethereum only not counting the continue shifting between other coins) but i have a small rig, because my electricity is not cheap enough and because i'm not sure if this whole thing will keep going
Activity: 176
April 23, 2016, 07:26:58 PM
Activity: 252
April 23, 2016, 04:56:08 PM
The bitcoin mining is still profitable. But the profitablity is dropping 50% a months at the moment. It will not be profitable in a few months.

profitable Huh what is your electricity bill ?

I think he means the Ethereum mining. For the time being, it is profitable for the electricity price of $0.4.

So in two months, if your electricity price is $0.2, it will not be profitable if the difficulty rises at current rate.

In my place i need to pay $0.10/kwh
If you choose a good altcoin to mine it will be proitable.. find other altcoin like ethereum but i think the difficulty was increase every month..unless if you have a hardware or super pc you can make profitable mining with ethereum..  but you can try more pow altcoin that has a otencial to grow in the future..

I am in Europe, so the price I pay is quite high. In a few months, it will not be profitable to mine Etheruem.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 3095
BTC price road to $80k
April 23, 2016, 02:52:55 PM
The bitcoin mining is still profitable. But the profitablity is dropping 50% a months at the moment. It will not be profitable in a few months.

I think he means the Ethereum mining. For the time being, it is profitable for the electricity price of $0.4.

So in two months, if your electricity price is $0.2, it will not be profitable if the difficulty rises at current rate.

If you choose a good altcoin to mine it will be proitable.. find other altcoin like ethereum but i think the difficulty was increase every month..unless if you have a hardware or super pc you can make profitable mining with ethereum..  but you can try more pow altcoin that has a otencial to grow in the future..
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026
SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files
April 23, 2016, 02:42:38 PM

Activity: 206
April 22, 2016, 04:16:20 AM

Activity: 239
April 21, 2016, 04:36:58 PM

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026
SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files
April 21, 2016, 12:51:39 PM

Activity: 428
April 21, 2016, 12:47:56 PM
Activity: 238
April 21, 2016, 03:49:18 AM
Litecoin has been worth a bit over $3 since around it's halfing last summer - been more stable than anything else I know of.

I do miss the days it was GPU mineable and worth a lot more per, though - but still have a bunch of the hardware it paid for. 8-)

Had the litecoin changed its algorithm to be GPU mineable, it could already be the second coin for the long term.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
April 21, 2016, 02:01:52 AM
Litecoin has been worth a bit over $3 since around it's halfing last summer - been more stable than anything else I know of.

I do miss the days it was GPU mineable and worth a lot more per, though - but still have a bunch of the hardware it paid for. 8-)
legendary
Activity: 2212
April 20, 2016, 03:08:15 AM
I wouldn't build any new rigs just ethereum mining.

Existing rigs repurposed would be fine (Hi Phil).

If you're building a rig for something else (like I did this past week) running it as an ethereum miner for a while to defray PART of the cost is a usefull thought.

The way the price keeps drifting down and the diff keeps climbing makes achieving ROI on a new-built rig look pretty iffy at this point.

i've built a rig anyway, and i'm in profit, i don't care much about roi, gpu can be sold straight away at any time with a return up to 100% easily on ebay

so it's all profit from the beginning, also i'm not plannign to sell anymore the other part of the rig, a rig is always usefu, thel altcoin scene will always be profitable no matter what everyone think

in those tiem where the profit is low, you can invest in green energy like solar panel and have your 10 hours free mining per day

I will do the same. I think the concept of the ROI is just for the ASIC. We can find use for GPU any time.

The ASIC will be useless after a few months, as it will not be profitable. The GPU can be sold to gamers.

That is the reason I mine altcoins. I can mine when it is profitable. I can sell GPU when it is not profitable.

GPU mining was not profitable, even last 8 months back. Hope new coin will be available soon to mine with gpu

That is right. 8 months ago, the GPU mining is not profitable if your electricity is over $0.2/kWh.

Since the diff for BTC mining (ASIC) has gone so high (I've sold all my ASIC miners),Altcoin mining has become alot more attractive,so I'm back lookin for the next GPU coin to mine...again  Grin

I was an avid GPU miner back in 2011-2013,since BTC went ASIC & I had 5 GPU's I wanted to keep makin money on em,did good till about late 2014 when altcoins went down to nothing  Sad

Got one low end PC for all my wallets,looked last week through em,got about 45 wallets. Now to sync em & see if I got any coins in em  Cheesy

You said you had 45 wallets. If they are mostly altcoins you mined in 2013 or later, most of them will be worthless.

Mined BTC on vid cards till late 2013(when Avalon & BFL were dumping the first ASIC's),then altcoins till sometime in early 2015 actually.Yeah I'm sure they are worth only a few pennies  Cheesy
Activity: 252
April 20, 2016, 02:35:45 AM

If you're building a rig for something else (like I did this past week) running it as an ethereum miner for a while to defray PART of the cost is a usefull thought.

The way the price keeps drifting down and the diff keeps climbing makes achieving ROI on a new-built rig look pretty iffy at this point.

i've built a rig anyway, and i'm in profit, i don't care much about roi, gpu can be sold straight away at any time with a return up to 100% easily on ebay

so it's all profit from the beginning, also i'm not plannign to sell anymore the other part of the rig, a rig is always usefu, thel altcoin scene will always be profitable no matter what everyone think

in those tiem where the profit is low, you can invest in green energy like solar panel and have your 10 hours free mining per day

I will do the same. I think the concept of the ROI is just for the ASIC. We can find use for GPU any time.

The ASIC will be useless after a few months, as it will not be profitable. The GPU can be sold to gamers.

That is the reason I mine altcoins. I can mine when it is profitable. I can sell GPU when it is not profitable.

GPU mining was not profitable, even last 8 months back. Hope new coin will be available soon to mine with gpu

That is right. 8 months ago, the GPU mining is not profitable if your electricity is over $0.2/kWh.

Since the diff for BTC mining (ASIC) has gone so high (I've sold all my ASIC miners),Altcoin mining has become alot more attractive,so I'm back lookin for the next GPU coin to mine...again  Grin

I was an avid GPU miner back in 2011-2013,since BTC went ASIC & I had 5 GPU's I wanted to keep makin money on em,did good till about late 2014 when altcoins went down to nothing  Sad

Got one low end PC for all my wallets,looked last week through em,got about 45 wallets. Now to sync em & see if I got any coins in em  Cheesy

You said you had 45 wallets. If they are mostly altcoins you mined in 2013 or later, most of them will be worthless.
legendary
Activity: 2212
April 19, 2016, 06:58:43 PM

Pages:
Jump to: