Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum mining still profitable? - page 40. (Read 131243 times)

Activity: 428
Merit: 250
April 14, 2016, 04:54:58 AM
I think the Ethereum mining is still profitable. But the it becomes less profitable due to the drop of price.

difficulty is sky high, you will get less coin than before and ultimately not that much profitable, yet most profitable now
yeah the mining profit has dropped like crazy in the last 3 weeks, dificulty should readjust soon with the price fall.

Dont think so. Will keep rising since its still very profitable

The difficulty will rise again until the high electricity cost miners drop out of the business. So it will double.

If the price keeps on dropping and the price is also not recovering, for most miners, it will not be profitable.

It is still profitable for some people, so the hash rate is increasing the difficulty is still rising very fast.
Activity: 252
April 13, 2016, 01:23:31 PM
of course, why not it is more profitable and generate extra income to the country. But a small issue is there what it is it will damages the earth and as well Environment.

Only if your electric company uses non renewable resources such as coal, the ppl with cheap power typically have hydro so it is not harmful.

For the time being, the most profitable miners are using the hydro power in high mountains, so it is environmental friendly.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
April 13, 2016, 11:22:48 AM
of course, why not it is more profitable and generate extra income to the country. But a small issue is there what it is it will damages the earth and as well Environment.

Only if your electric company uses non renewable resources such as coal, the ppl with cheap power typically have hydro so it is not harmful.
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
April 13, 2016, 10:08:56 AM
I think the Ethereum mining is still profitable. But the it becomes less profitable due to the drop of price.

difficulty is sky high, you will get less coin than before and ultimately not that much profitable, yet most profitable now
yeah the mining profit has dropped like crazy in the last 3 weeks, dificulty should readjust soon with the price fall.

The difficulty will rise again until the high electricity cost miners drop out of the business. So it will double.

If the price keeps on dropping and the price is also not recovering, for most miners, it will not be profitable.
Activity: 159
Merit: 100
April 13, 2016, 03:48:36 AM

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
April 13, 2016, 03:35:08 AM
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
April 13, 2016, 03:28:37 AM

Activity: 325
April 13, 2016, 03:01:14 AM

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026
SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files
April 12, 2016, 02:27:02 PM

Activity: 756
Merit: 501
April 12, 2016, 01:50:01 PM
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
April 11, 2016, 06:44:16 AM
well i believe its better than nothing right.
Even if not 1 ETH perday. its fine by me. i dont have to pay much for electricity

It is OK for you to mine, but for other people paying $0.2/kWh, it will not be profitable in two months.

I'm not sure that was a good idea to start mining if you pay $0.2/kWh. High profit never lasts long  Wink

The difficulty is rising fast and the price is dropping now. It will soon be unprofitable for the high electricity cost miners.

Maybe due to this>>  http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-pascal-tesla-p100-gpu,31557.html  im sure they are "testing" them.. what better way to burn them in then mine some crypto with them.. Im sure btc asics man. doing the same right now.. Diff skyrocketing there still aswell..

Is what it is!

Best Regards
d57heinz

haha no way. I filled out this online Tesla K80 test-drive form like half a year ago to see how my eth cuda miner would perform on GK210 (double the register space, yay). Next day I get a phone call from an Nvidia rep. asking me what I was planning to do. I honestly told them it was just a crypto kernel. Never heard back from them again  Grin

Makes one wonder why these tech companies keep doing this.. im sure it makes many people hold off buying new equipment way before the product is supposed to be available.. 

here is a tidbit from the first comment Smiley 
"No HBM 2 until Fall. No units until Q1 2017 (March?). Is nVidia really paper launching a card that is a year off?! Are they THAT desperate!?

Also:
FirePro S9300 X2 = 13.9 TFLOPS Single Precision @ 28nm + HBM 1 & 300w TDP
NVIDIA Tesla Pascal = 10.6TFLOPS Single Precision @ 16nm + HBM 2 & 300w TDP (edited from 14nm typo)

I guess Pascal really is Maxwell v1.1."

Looks like it doesnt perform all that better.. seems that 16/14 nm isnt that big of performance boost until they can master that die size.

Best Regards
d57heinz
Activity: 195
Merit: 104
April 11, 2016, 04:33:26 AM
We are at 8.36 now. If this goes on, we will see 0.01 by the end of next week.

will eth ever go up ?

Nobody knows the answer, even the Ethereum developers. But if they work hard and improve it, it will rise eventually.

improve what ? Why suddenly the price is going to hell ? any idea ?

People are taking profit. The price has risen from $0.7 to $15. That was 20 fold increase. It is time to take some profit.
Activity: 438
April 11, 2016, 04:29:47 AM
Even if not 1 ETH perday. its fine by me. i dont have to pay much for electricity

It is OK for you to mine, but for other people paying $0.2/kWh, it will not be profitable in two months.

I'm not sure that was a good idea to start mining if you pay $0.2/kWh. High profit never lasts long  Wink

The difficulty is rising fast and the price is dropping now. It will soon be unprofitable for the high electricity cost miners.

Maybe due to this>>  http://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-pascal-tesla-p100-gpu,31557.html  im sure they are "testing" them.. what better way to burn them in then mine some crypto with them.. Im sure btc asics man. doing the same right now.. Diff skyrocketing there still aswell..

Is what it is!

Best Regards
d57heinz

haha no way. I filled out this online Tesla K80 test-drive form like half a year ago to see how my eth cuda miner would perform on GK210 (double the register space, yay). Next day I get a phone call from an Nvidia rep. asking me what I was planning to do. I honestly told them it was just a crypto kernel. Never heard back from them again  Grin
legendary
April 10, 2016, 05:10:41 PM

will eth ever go up ?

Nobody knows the answer, even the Ethereum developers. But if they work hard and improve it, it will rise eventually.

improve what ? Why suddenly the price is going to hell ? any idea ?
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
April 10, 2016, 03:18:21 PM

Is what it is!

Best Regards
d57heinz
Activity: 239
April 10, 2016, 03:01:04 PM

will eth ever go up ?

legendary
April 10, 2016, 02:31:26 PM

will eth ever go up ?
Activity: 408
Merit: 259
April 10, 2016, 07:53:28 AM
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
April 09, 2016, 05:31:48 PM
It doesn't matter what I think.

Speculation can be found at altcoin discussion section of this forum. Believe me, nothing there is honest...

legendary
April 09, 2016, 04:10:06 PM
If history repeats itself we will soon see next BTC bubble. Speculators move to BTC, also from ETH.

So ETH will go down further !!! Do you think ? any honest price speculation ?
Pages:
Jump to: