Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum mining still profitable? - page 39. (Read 131243 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026
SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files
April 16, 2016, 01:34:39 PM
Mining Ether is starting to get crappy, with the high difficulty and drop in price.  I'm on ethermine and I could login and see my balance ticking up quite nicely but now it nearly moves, I know I can't be earning what they estimate.  I might point my hardware over to nano and if I still don't like it I'll point to another alt that's more volatile.  Another alt will rise up one day but for now its slim profits all around.

If your electricity price is over $0.2, you will not be profitable when the difficulty double from current level.

who knows ? If the price goes up ? Even Eth mining is becoming less profitable, yet the best coin to mine now... Am I wrong ?

theres an x11 coin thats a bit more profitable i think (not by much, its about $1.25-$1.50/R9,270x/day)

That is quite good for the R9 270x as the card's price is cheaper than the 280x or the 380x. It will ROI.

if you focus on ROI, you can mine Eth only. With a 7950, in 2 months, one can mine 20 Eth. If ETH price is $10, $200 from a card in 2 months.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
April 15, 2016, 08:58:13 PM
For the current profitability of the Ethereum mining, it is OK to mine with existing GPU, but do not buy new ones.

Buy only cheap powerful used cards only with mining profits you already have.

The cheap power used cards are usually not efficient than the new cards. For example, the 280x is not as efficient as the R9 nano.

Right now it is not the time to be efficient. I don't know about next monday.

Not the time to be efficient? It's ALWAYS time to be efficient - maybe the upfront cost is too high if you only consider mining Eth, but honestly, if you go longer term on mining efficiently, you don't lose.
Activity: 201
Merit: 102
April 16, 2016, 10:59:07 AM
Mining Ether is starting to get crappy, with the high difficulty and drop in price.  I'm on ethermine and I could login and see my balance ticking up quite nicely but now it nearly moves, I know I can't be earning what they estimate.  I might point my hardware over to nano and if I still don't like it I'll point to another alt that's more volatile.  Another alt will rise up one day but for now its slim profits all around.

If your electricity price is over $0.2, you will not be profitable when the difficulty double from current level.

who knows ? If the price goes up ? Even Eth mining is becoming less profitable, yet the best coin to mine now... Am I wrong ?

theres an x11 coin thats a bit more profitable i think (not by much, its about $1.25-$1.50/R9,270x/day)

That is quite good for the R9 270x as the card's price is cheaper than the 280x or the 380x. It will ROI.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
April 16, 2016, 09:35:19 AM

legendary
April 16, 2016, 08:17:01 AM

Activity: 428
Merit: 250
April 16, 2016, 07:18:31 AM

legendary
April 15, 2016, 09:32:41 PM
Even 8 months ago we could hardly earn $2 with a decent gpu, eth makes it possible.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
April 15, 2016, 09:31:36 PM
For the current profitability of the Ethereum mining, it is OK to mine with existing GPU, but do not buy new ones.

The cheap power used cards are usually not efficient than the new cards. For example, the 280x is not as efficient as the R9 nano.

Not the time to be efficient? It's ALWAYS time to be efficient - maybe the upfront cost is too high if you only consider mining Eth, but honestly, if you go longer term on mining efficiently, you don't lose.

With current earning levels I am starting to save power somewhere in 0.5€/kWh area.

If I had nano + Wolf0 bin + Wolf0 bios...

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
April 15, 2016, 09:02:50 PM
legendary
April 15, 2016, 05:02:40 PM
We had good times tor mining eth. May be we will start to miss the time. Will wait for another super coin. Happy mining
legendary
April 15, 2016, 04:47:56 PM

Activity: 219
Merit: 100
CTO/Spokesman
April 15, 2016, 04:24:44 PM

legendary
April 15, 2016, 01:32:40 PM

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
April 15, 2016, 12:40:18 PM
i am not  paying eletricity where i live so yes , for me mining ETH  is still profitable , i am using a R9 - 280x(Gigabyte), sometimes she makes some noise but mostly of times she goes just fine because the tree coolers, i have with her now 24 mh/s (oveclocked)
i think maybe i can receive like $2,70 ~ $3,00 per day

i bought new one instead, because i believe that this is not the end, new coin will emerge with a good profit, in the future, just wait and see

who is thinking that crypto is finished with ethereum don't know what he is talking about
Activity: 221
April 15, 2016, 12:10:46 PM
i am not  paying eletricity where i live so yes , for me mining ETH  is still profitable , i am using a R9 - 280x(Gigabyte), sometimes she makes some noise but mostly of times she goes just fine because the tree coolers, i have with her now 24 mh/s (oveclocked)

Activity: 252
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
April 15, 2016, 10:23:18 AM
legendary
April 15, 2016, 10:19:16 AM
I think the Ethereum mining is still profitable. But the it becomes less profitable due to the drop of price.

difficulty is sky high, you will get less coin than before and ultimately not that much profitable, yet most profitable now
yeah the mining profit has dropped like crazy in the last 3 weeks, dificulty should readjust soon with the price fall.

Dont think so. Will keep rising since its still very profitable

The difficulty will rise again until the high electricity cost miners drop out of the business. So it will double.

If the price keeps on dropping and the price is also not recovering, for most miners, it will not be profitable.

It is still profitable for some people, so the hash rate is increasing the difficulty is still rising very fast.

If the hash rate double again next month, the mining will not be profitable for most people in Europe.

we can hope for the price increase for bitcoin, this will make or alt profitable again, without the need of waiting for the alt itself to increase in value

I do not understand this. For the Ethereum, if the price is the same in dollar terms, and the difficulty rises, it will be less profitable.

if bitcoin price is 800, it mean that ethereum also it's double in value against fiat, so 1 ethereum is still 0.02 in bitcoin, but those 0.02 will be worth 2x what they are worth now
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
April 15, 2016, 09:57:53 AM
I think the Ethereum mining is still profitable. But the it becomes less profitable due to the drop of price.

difficulty is sky high, you will get less coin than before and ultimately not that much profitable, yet most profitable now
yeah the mining profit has dropped like crazy in the last 3 weeks, dificulty should readjust soon with the price fall.

The difficulty will rise again until the high electricity cost miners drop out of the business. So it will double.

If the price keeps on dropping and the price is also not recovering, for most miners, it will not be profitable.

It is still profitable for some people, so the hash rate is increasing the difficulty is still rising very fast.

If the hash rate double again next month, the mining will not be profitable for most people in Europe.

we can hope for the price increase for bitcoin, this will make or alt profitable again, without the need of waiting for the alt itself to increase in value

I do not understand this. For the Ethereum, if the price is the same in dollar terms, and the difficulty rises, it will be less profitable.
legendary
April 15, 2016, 07:02:46 AM

Activity: 238
April 15, 2016, 06:12:15 AM

Pages:
Jump to: