Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum mining still profitable? - page 38. (Read 131243 times)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
April 19, 2016, 04:20:21 PM
I wouldn't build any new rigs just ethereum mining.

Existing rigs repurposed would be fine (Hi Phil).

If you're building a rig for something else (like I did this past week) running it as an ethereum miner for a while to defray PART of the cost is a usefull thought.

The way the price keeps drifting down and the diff keeps climbing makes achieving ROI on a new-built rig look pretty iffy at this point.

i've built a rig anyway, and i'm in profit, i don't care much about roi, gpu can be sold straight away at any time with a return up to 100% easily on ebay

so it's all profit from the beginning, also i'm not plannign to sell anymore the other part of the rig, a rig is always usefu, thel altcoin scene will always be profitable no matter what everyone think

in those tiem where the profit is low, you can invest in green energy like solar panel and have your 10 hours free mining per day

I will do the same. I think the concept of the ROI is just for the ASIC. We can find use for GPU any time.

The ASIC will be useless after a few months, as it will not be profitable. The GPU can be sold to gamers.

That is the reason I mine altcoins. I can mine when it is profitable. I can sell GPU when it is not profitable.

GPU mining was not profitable, even last 8 months back. Hope new coin will be available soon to mine with gpu

That is right. 8 months ago, the GPU mining is not profitable if your electricity is over $0.2/kWh.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026
SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files
April 19, 2016, 02:55:36 PM

If you're building a rig for something else (like I did this past week) running it as an ethereum miner for a while to defray PART of the cost is a usefull thought.

The way the price keeps drifting down and the diff keeps climbing makes achieving ROI on a new-built rig look pretty iffy at this point.

i've built a rig anyway, and i'm in profit, i don't care much about roi, gpu can be sold straight away at any time with a return up to 100% easily on ebay

so it's all profit from the beginning, also i'm not plannign to sell anymore the other part of the rig, a rig is always usefu, thel altcoin scene will always be profitable no matter what everyone think

in those tiem where the profit is low, you can invest in green energy like solar panel and have your 10 hours free mining per day

I will do the same. I think the concept of the ROI is just for the ASIC. We can find use for GPU any time.

The ASIC will be useless after a few months, as it will not be profitable. The GPU can be sold to gamers.

That is the reason I mine altcoins. I can mine when it is profitable. I can sell GPU when it is not profitable.

GPU mining was not profitable, even last 8 months back. Hope new coin will be available soon to mine with gpu
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
CTO/Spokesman
April 19, 2016, 10:30:08 AM

Activity: 1111
Merit: 255
April 19, 2016, 07:01:43 AM

Activity: 238
April 19, 2016, 04:04:38 AM

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
April 19, 2016, 02:42:15 AM

so it's all profit from the beginning, also i'm not planning to sell anymore the other part of the rig, a rig is always useful, the altcoin scene will always be profitable no matter what everyone think

in those time where the profit is low, you can invest in green energy like solar panel and have your 10 hours free mining per day
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
April 19, 2016, 01:50:42 AM

Also the Ehtereum will become PoS early next year. The huge amount of GPU will have to find anther coin to mine.

I think the excessive amount of mining hardware will crash the second hand graphics card market.

you can pretty much bet on that .cards that were going for 50-75 bucks used (if you can find them) now go for 225 plus Smiley

ethereum should have made this setup with sha-256 equip..the hype/cheer-leading of all these old miners back on a network again would have been epic.....the price

would have been higher imho..and as far as difficulty who cares..gonna be a pos coin anyway

just saying... a hell of a lot more asics sitting around (my knc 550gh Jupiter now acting on the bottom self as a gravity assist device to keep my Titan Miner bench rooted

to the Earth) Smiley

A lot of us out there just can't sell.......... 'my precious' that made me 53 BTC ..I mean really for what on Ebay 100 bucks I could get for it .....it would be like selling the family cat Sad

but yeah ..truth be told they probably could say they were going in 1 month to pos coin....would only hurt the miners probably would help the price in that the market

would see them as 'ahead of their timeline plan' lol Smiley

legendary
April 19, 2016, 01:44:48 AM
if eth become POS from POW, I will get chance to buy some cards at lowest price, I hope
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
April 18, 2016, 11:20:45 AM

Also the Ehtereum will become PoS early next year. The huge amount of GPU will have to find anther coin to mine.

I think the excessive amount of mining hardware will crash the second hand graphics card market.
Activity: 201
April 18, 2016, 04:19:07 AM

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
April 18, 2016, 04:00:52 AM

legendary
April 17, 2016, 05:18:46 PM
The only mining Im doing is through genesis, I have noticed that my payouts have dropped by about 70% in the last month. At least the price appears to be rallying again.

That is possible. The Difficulty of the Etheruem mining has risen quite a lot. Many people are building rigs.

many miners are mining ETH and with the rising diff many will leave ETH too if they find other coin. If any other coin become more profitable, some miners will go away from ETH and will jump over that coin. So tomorrow is always uncertain

That is right. But the amount of the GPU will flood and make any coin unprofitable after the finish of Eth mining.

Not like that. Few GPU will die (due to use or age). Some people will leave this industry if they fail to get their ROI, some will leave mining due to personal business and some will sell the gpu and will switch to ASIC. Like this, new miners will enter and old miners (few %) will leave mining. But yes, GPU mining will be harder as many people have decent gpu to mine coins, now than before
Activity: 358
Merit: 250
April 17, 2016, 04:45:00 PM
The only mining Im doing is through genesis, I have noticed that my payouts have dropped by about 70% in the last month. At least the price appears to be rallying again.

That is possible. The Difficulty of the Etheruem mining has risen quite a lot. Many people are building rigs.

many miners are mining ETH and with the rising diff many will leave ETH too if they find other coin. If any other coin become more profitable, some miners will go away from ETH and will jump over that coin. So tomorrow is always uncertain

That is right. But the amount of the GPU will flood and make any coin unprofitable after the finish of Eth mining.
legendary
April 17, 2016, 04:35:18 PM

Activity: 242
April 17, 2016, 12:31:46 PM

legendary
April 17, 2016, 07:16:55 AM

I think Genesis mining is too much expensive. I would rather mine in pools with gpu
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
April 15, 2016, 10:46:32 PM
For the current profitability of the Ethereum mining, it is OK to mine with existing GPU, but do not buy new ones.

Buy only cheap powerful used cards only with mining profits you already have.

The cheap power used cards are usually not efficient than the new cards. For example, the 280x is not as efficient as the R9 nano.

Right now it is not the time to be efficient. I don't know about next monday.

Not the time to be efficient? It's ALWAYS time to be efficient - maybe the upfront cost is too high if you only consider mining Eth, but honestly, if you go longer term on mining efficiently, you don't lose.

With current earning levels I am starting to save power somewhere in 0.5€/kWh area.

If I had nano + Wolf0 bin + Wolf0 bios...

Actually, I just said efficiency... I didn't say the nano. I didn't even say GPU.
Activity: 325
April 17, 2016, 06:16:33 AM
Activity: 441
April 16, 2016, 03:18:23 PM
Guys just want to ask if mining ethereum is still profitable.. because i am planning to upgrade my CPu with high amd Grapics card..
And i will start mining.. but before i can start i just want to know if ether still profitable as of now?

There are many people building rigs for mining Ethereum, so the difficulty will be higher. It will be less profitable.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 3095
BTC price road to $80k
April 16, 2016, 01:45:43 PM
Guys just want to ask if mining ethereum is still profitable.. because i am planning to upgrade my CPu with high amd Grapics card..
And i will start mining.. but before i can start i just want to know if ether still profitable as of now?
Pages:
Jump to: