Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum Pump & Dump Scam - page 6. (Read 32131 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
March 13, 2016, 05:50:16 AM
Just wondering, why do you think the chart looks this bad. I mean if you are being a day trader then you are probably right. But this is something unique. You can not compare it with usual technical analysis patterns.

People will get burned so fucking hard from this. Now would be a good time to take profits from this altcoin pump! The chart is screaming for you to take profits guys!
I too have mixed feelings on this but i am more inclined towards the dump anyway.Ether had a pretty big market even before this pump and it is possible that people might just accept this price and get used to it but there will be a dump for sure cause mining is extraordinarily profitable right now.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
March 13, 2016, 05:39:17 AM
Just wondering, why do you think the chart looks this bad. I mean if you are being a day trader then you are probably right. But this is something unique. You can not compare it with usual technical analysis patterns.

People will get burned so fucking hard from this. Now would be a good time to take profits from this altcoin pump! The chart is screaming for you to take profits guys!
hv_
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1055
Clean Code and Scale
March 13, 2016, 03:30:47 AM

Yes. Looking at the liquidity this gonna be a monster rollover. Putting very bad news to the crypto markets in total.  Shame.

Then I still have no clue how all the problems can be solved with the current design.

But if, then Rootstock could be final winner with the BTC side chain and smart contracts on top.

Anyway, looks doomy now.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
March 12, 2016, 07:14:51 PM
Back in July of 2013, I downloaded the BTC Blockchain of about 8GB, and that was after it was in the wild for 3 years.  The ETH blockchain after only about 2 years is about 21GB.  Now BTC blockchain is at 60GB as of Jan 2016 and is growing ~10GB per quarter.  So if ETH grew 2.6x faster than BTC in just 2 years vs BTC in 3 years, its seems there is a phenomenal growth rate between the two.  

If after 5 years BTC is at 60GB and growing ~10GB per quarter, then we are looking at TBs blockchains in a few years for both cryptos.  Thus, this speaks volumes towards centralised data centers to maintain the huge databases. We are talking about VISA size data centers, whatever happened to the decentralised network concepts of Satoshi?

Can pruning be implemented in some manner via the checkpoints?
Or is the blockchains just going to ever get larger and more centralised?

Umm, you can get a 4 TB drive on Newegg for only $119 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822178338&ignorebbr=1

I think we are a long ways for needing data-centers, much less "VISA size data centers" to store the blockchain, so I think it is a bit early to be proclaiming the doom and gloom due to centralization.

While I will agree that the size could benefit from some type of pruning action, the biggest constraint currently is the time it take to download the blockchain from scratch. There are bootstrap downloads available, but bandwidth seems the biggest roadblock. Although it is a concern, it is by no means the end of decentralization, mainly an inconvenience.
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
March 12, 2016, 06:59:13 PM
Back in July of 2013, I downloaded the BTC Blockchain of about 8GB, and that was after it was in the wild for 3 years.  The ETH blockchain after only about 2 years is about 21GB.  Now BTC blockchain is at 60GB as of Jan 2016 and is growing ~10GB per quarter.  So if ETH grew 2.6x faster than BTC in just 2 years vs BTC in 3 years, its seems there is a phenomenal growth rate between the two.  

If after 5 years BTC is at 60GB and growing ~10GB per quarter, then we are looking at TBs blockchains in a few years for both cryptos.  Thus, this speaks volumes towards centralised data centers to maintain the huge databases. We are talking about VISA size data centers, whatever happened to the decentralised network concepts of Satoshi?

Can pruning be implemented in some manner via the checkpoints?
Or is the blockchains just going to ever get larger and more centralised?

Activity: 159
Merit: 100
March 12, 2016, 10:23:52 AM
I had over 1000 eth from the original IPO but unfortunately sold them a long time back.Havent looked at the price for a long time since and now see that 1000 eth would be worth 30 btc today.LOL that figures

I almost bought ~15000 ETH during the pre-sale...instead gambled and lost the btc I had on sports. ETH would have been a better gamble..

15,000 Eth would be worth $200,000 today. It seems you have lost a lot of potential money. Well just potential profit.
Activity: 326
Merit: 250
March 12, 2016, 02:15:17 AM
Activity: 574
March 11, 2016, 08:15:10 PM
I had over 1000 eth from the original IPO but unfortunately sold them a long time back.Havent looked at the price for a long time since and now see that 1000 eth would be worth 30 btc today.LOL that figures

I almost bought ~15000 ETH during the pre-sale...instead gambled and lost the btc I had on sports. ETH would have been a better gamble..
Activity: 308
March 11, 2016, 06:08:51 PM
As long as some people hold and not sell a price "floor" remains sturdy! I've largely stopped monitoring the price of Ethereum at this point. My only regret is not having bought more a few months ago.

Who cares if I loose my 50 euro.
If I am right I will get a lot more, and Ethereum looks like 1 of the more promising things here in the cryptoworld.
You got to take risks in life and I wouldn't really care if I lost my money on this project.
Because I think they are smart and look why would they number 2 otherwise, Because they are shit I don't think so
I don't know why you hate so much on Ethereum.

that is right. I did not sell my bitcoin in the 2013. I will also not sell at the price in this year or next. I will hold for the long term.

I remember its price in January.... Bougth some at 0.88 but sold at 1 --' ... Im buying more also thinking in a long term

I sold most of Ethereum at $1.33, my averaging sell price from Feb to early March. I will keep the rest for longer.
Activity: 159
March 11, 2016, 05:19:14 AM
As long as some people hold and not sell a price "floor" remains sturdy! I've largely stopped monitoring the price of Ethereum at this point. My only regret is not having bought more a few months ago.

If I am right I will get a lot more, and Ethereum looks like 1 of the more promising things here in the cryptoworld.
You got to take risks in life and I wouldn't really care if I lost my money on this project.
Because I think they are smart and look why would they number 2 otherwise, Because they are shit I don't think so

that is right. I did not sell my bitcoin in the 2013. I will also not sell at the price in this year or next. I will hold for the long term.

I remember its price in January.... Bougth some at 0.88 but sold at 1 --' ... Im buying more also thinking in a long term

I mine Ethereum. I sold most when the price was 0.0033. I thought that was the top of the price range at the time.
Activity: 168
March 09, 2016, 01:41:49 PM

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
March 09, 2016, 01:10:56 PM

Activity: 308
March 09, 2016, 11:02:06 AM

Activity: 434
Merit: 511
March 08, 2016, 07:09:42 PM
Activity: 420
Merit: 262
March 08, 2016, 09:10:45 AM
And I even bought some more at 0.02900001, So I don't really care for the short term gains.

Im atleast going to hold Ethereum 1-2 years, minimum!

If you hold that 1 year, you will be one of the fools who loses all the money he invested in ETH. ETH is technologically flawed and won't be fixable, because the design team is pursuing utter nonsense.
Activity: 434
Merit: 511
March 08, 2016, 08:21:44 AM
Agree! I sold my last Eth at $11.24. The air was getting to thin at this highs. The fair price is around $4 to $5 at the moment. I guess Eth will see at least $6 or $7 again before their is space to rise again.

You are kinda lucky then, I had a sell order out at 0.03.
But then it rises a lot and I removed the sell order because I thought it would even go higher.

My mistake because right after 0.03 it went down kinda hard.
And I even bought some more at 0.02900001, So I don't really care for the short term gains.

Im atleast going to hold Ethereum 1-2 years, minimum!

I am Downloading the blockchain as we speak, I had a little bit of problems.
But when I synct my clock it was all good!
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
March 08, 2016, 07:30:52 AM
Agree! I sold my last Eth at $11.24. The air was getting to thin at this highs. The fair price is around $4 to $5 at the moment. I guess Eth will see at least $6 or $7 again before their is space to rise again.

ETH is still expensive. Lots of air must come out of the
bubble. Dumps will continue.

Whaou, it was the right time for sure!

Well. Pump and Dump scam can be profitable but that was too risky IMHO
You could always get in with whatever you want and also get out when you want.If you are mining with a couple of Rigs then it will always be Win-Win situation and it takes 3-4 months time to get the ROI while assuming the price to be 25% of what it is now.
Though,I don't think it will go back that down.
Activity: 840
Merit: 529
March 08, 2016, 07:10:23 AM

ETH is still expensive. Lots of air must come out of the
bubble. Dumps will continue.

Whaou, it was the right time for sure!

Well. Pump and Dump scam can be profitable but that was too risky IMHO
Activity: 567
Merit: 503
March 08, 2016, 02:42:54 AM
It was too good to be true. Chart is just like any other altcoin pump & dump in the past :S

Exactly, whale pumpers are now busy cashing out.
Activity: 326
March 08, 2016, 12:18:46 AM
It was too good to be true. Chart is just like any other altcoin pump & dump in the past :S
Pages:
Jump to: