Pages:
Author

Topic: ethminer-0.9.41-genoil-1.1 - page 24. (Read 397363 times)

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
aka "whocares"
July 22, 2016, 10:04:30 PM
I think this thread has turned into something different than Genoils Miner Thread.  I am currently using Claymore's because I am using AwesomeMiner to monitor and control the rigs.  I am not a fan of Claymore's Miner but it works.

I am wondering if someone (like Genoil or Wolf0) would be interested in making a dual miner for me.  It doesn't need to be perfect but I need the API with it to have it properly function with AwesomeMiner.

I am not sure I can afford a lot of money because if it costs more than I would benefit then it would not be worth it, on the flip side I know it may not be worth the time and effort of the Dev either.  I suspect I am paying Claymore at least $250-$300/month so I would be willing to pay a couple of BTC knowing Eth mining is not going to be profitable for much longer.

Activity: 420
Merit: 252
July 22, 2016, 08:55:44 PM
no 1.1.8 for windows?|!

It's a fork by LeChuckDe. There will be no 1.1.8 from me. 1.2 maybe late August with fast loading binaries and +1% on GCN1.0 cards.

No dual miner in that feature roadmap? :O
for what ? at time sia and eth/exp are hyped, next decred and eth/exp ...

You are able to dualmine at any time. use ethminer for Daggerhashimoto based coins and second session sgminer with sia or decred ...
working like a charm and don't have to pay dev fee for a closed source where nobody knows what all is possible ... (botnet, keylogger etc.)

It doesn't work NEARLY as well, causing both hashrates to suffer a lot more than they should. Since you're mining on AMD at all, you're using closed source software (fglrx) - so that's not an issue for 99.999999% of people.

wolf you know what i mean, the fglrx are maintained due AMD so it is prop. safe. but in closed source miners the risk for botnetclient is damnd high... not that i have a proof that it is happend but the risk is mutch higher that basic drivers closed source due vendors.

No, I don't know what you mean. Unless you're calling out Claymore as untrustworthy, then no, I don't. As I've done closed source miners - it's not about risk if the dev is known, and you capture packets for a while.

If you're saying it's okay for a company to do it, but not a single person making money, that's messed up.

nope i don't say that is in it, i only say that i would not use it because it is closed source and possible everything could be in it.
If someone would like make profit with it, okay everyone has the choise to do so, but my opinion is nope, there are many good communitybased opensource solutions for it, where i could do check what the software will do. Remeber the genius Telekom-Software Hack from 2 Kids back in the end of 90th (1998/99) the have wrote a little software that give some informations about connection.
Put a backdoor in it and spread over nearly whole germany ... (there are only 3 - 4 providers at this time) nobody could say it was not possible to have it in it... seen some closed-source wallets, they have tried to load code over the internet and execute it after serval days running ... so it is for me a big nope for closed source in crypto. everyone could profit from a spread bot net, if it was use to mine for own, like dev-fees in claymore, but it was also possible to get them commandos to do DDOS attacks ... instead of mining for dev ...

Edit:
this is not a offend against any dev that have choosed to publish as closed source, could understand it. would also not share my code with my customers.
But it must be understood from everyone that there are people that didn't let run everything on there systems without the control to see what this will do...

Edit2:
This is also not a message about that any of the dev's that has closed source miners is untrustable...
July 22, 2016, 04:56:48 PM
no 1.1.8 for windows?|!

It's a fork by LeChuckDe. There will be no 1.1.8 from me. 1.2 maybe late August with fast loading binaries and +1% on GCN1.0 cards.

You are able to dualmine at any time. use ethminer for Daggerhashimoto based coins and second session sgminer with sia or decred ...
working like a charm and don't have to pay dev fee for a closed source where nobody knows what all is possible ... (botnet, keylogger etc.)

It doesn't work NEARLY as well, causing both hashrates to suffer a lot more than they should. Since you're mining on AMD at all, you're using closed source software (fglrx) - so that's not an issue for 99.999999% of people.

wolf you know what i mean, the fglrx are maintained due AMD so it is prop. safe. but in closed source miners the risk for botnetclient is damnd high... not that i have a proof that it is happend but the risk is mutch higher that basic drivers closed source due vendors.
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
July 08, 2016, 10:30:43 AM

I don't know, maybe I'm blind, or what, but I don't see any history.
I see only commits, branches, releases, contributors, code, issues, pull request, wiki, pulse, graphs, but no history.
Can you tell me where is that history located exactly please?

History is commits. Just keep going back until you see 1.1.6.

Thank you for answer but it's not anywhere in there.
https://github.com/Genoil/cpp-ethereum/commits/110

1.1.5 is named, but you're right, 1.1.6 isn't.
July 22, 2016, 03:27:03 AM
no 1.1.8 for windows?|!

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024
July 22, 2016, 12:09:10 AM
no 1.1.8 for windows?|!

It was only the wind.
July 08, 2016, 09:53:36 AM

I don't know, maybe I'm blind, or what, but I don't see any history.
I see only commits, branches, releases, contributors, code, issues, pull request, wiki, pulse, graphs, but no history.
Can you tell me where is that history located exactly please?

History is commits. Just keep going back until you see 1.1.6.
legendary
Activity: 1281
Merit: 1003
July 20, 2016, 07:15:49 PM
the stock memory speed of 380 4 giga version is 1500 ?
i only have 2giga version it s 1375 or 1400  runs at 20mh
legendary
Activity: 2026
Merit: 1005
July 20, 2016, 08:52:25 AM
Not bad - wait till I get a card with better mem... should blow that out of the water. But nice, regardless. As an aside - she will hit 24MH/s, but for stability, I dropped it a bit.
i can pump your gpu bios too  Smiley i`m just interested in "tight vram timings" sensitivity of your miner
It was only the wind.
legendary
Activity: 2026
Merit: 1005
July 20, 2016, 07:49:29 AM
My 380 disagrees with you (NSFW): https://ottrbutt.com/miner/eth-380-23.4MHs.png
23,4mh/s only?  Grin

stock miner/the same ugly elpida
July 20, 2016, 06:05:24 AM
No I didn't, only a accidental hit in a learning process *LOL
It was only the wind.
July 08, 2016, 12:02:58 AM
Where can I find genoil ethminer 1.1.6 source code?
I cant find it anywhere on github.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ethminer-0941-genoil-11-1368785

Why did you post link to OP?

It's in that github, branch v110.
Activity: 438
Merit: 250
July 20, 2016, 05:47:39 AM
By the way dualmining works also !
use SGMiner with Decred as second Coin ins seperated session. -I 16  let drop the Hashrate on ETH from constant 15,27 MH/s to 15,22 MH/s and every 8 - 9 report a drop down to 12,7 MH/s,
but i think it is a timing problem with --farm-recheck 400 ...
next hint ...
Local-Worksize 512 and global-worksize 16384 as std. and modify the checks in oclkernel.
Put out the not needed if statments, this brings round about 2-4 % then look at the needed algos,
for all there are optimized ones in the net as opensource....
bring it all together and you will get the hashrates ....

My code is to dirty to publish it.
Will get a try at weekend to implement the same HW-Failure based output from SGminer to the status console log but not shure if it possible for daggerhashimoto.

learned many things in this time, my reason was to get intouch to port from cuda to opencl and backwards, then i hit this as a surprise,
like the guy who has developed the PostIt's Glue,
he would like to build a super glue and get a nearly non sticky glue ....

It wasn't my goal to improve hashrates at DaggerHashimoto. it was an accident.

You obviously got a talent. But you need to work on your marketing skills Grin.
July 20, 2016, 01:35:15 AM
By the way dualmining works also !
use SGMiner with Decred as second Coin ins seperated session. -I 16  let drop the Hashrate on ETH from constant 15,27 MH/s to 15,22 MH/s and every 8 - 9 report a drop down to 12,7 MH/s,
but i think it is a timing problem with --farm-recheck 400 ...
next hint ...
Local-Worksize 512 and global-worksize 16384 as std. and modify the checks in oclkernel.
Put out the not needed if statments, this brings round about 2-4 % then look at the needed algos,
for all there are optimized ones in the net as opensource....
bring it all together and you will get the hashrates ....

My code is to dirty to publish it.
Will get a try at weekend to implement the same HW-Failure based output from SGminer to the status console log but not shure if it possible for daggerhashimoto.

learned many things in this time, my reason was to get intouch to port from cuda to opencl and backwards, then i hit this as a surprise,
like the guy who has developed the PostIt's Glue,
he would like to build a super glue and get a nearly non sticky glue ....

It wasn't my goal to improve hashrates at DaggerHashimoto. it was an accident.
Activity: 438
Merit: 250
July 19, 2016, 05:31:33 PM
I think instead of trying to making ETH mining faster its better to just make a miner that lets you dual mine many algorithms like what Claymore did.

Since SIA and ETH generally are making exacts profits with certain cards like Tahiti and Hawaii. You make 40% more profits by dual mining.

So if a dual miner could be made for Lyra, Quark, Qubit it would be nice however I have no idea how those algos differ from DCR and SIA.

My 380 disagrees with you (NSFW): https://ottrbutt.com/miner/eth-380-23.4MHs.png

Ethminer has always had CPU validation, there is no reason to assume it suddenly isn't working correctly. Poolside hashrate also looks good, so it looks like we have a winner! If I were confident about this I'd sell it. And get yourself some Tahiti and Hawaii to see if you can repeat the magic.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
July 19, 2016, 05:15:14 PM
I think instead of trying to making ETH mining faster its better to just make a miner that lets you dual mine many algorithms like what Claymore did.

Since SIA and ETH generally are making exacts profits with certain cards like Tahiti and Hawaii. You make 40% more profits by dual mining.

So if a dual miner could be made for Lyra, Quark, Qubit it would be nice however I have no idea how those algos differ from DCR and SIA.
It was only the wind.
July 07, 2016, 08:06:54 PM
The new Nvidia 368.69 drivers have been released, can someone test a 1070/1080 on Windows7/8/10 with these?

win 7 need genoil work, because the drivers will not fix anything with pascal

Holy shit, what I said over a week ago and you told me to suck it up and go to W10 because everything was working peachy keen.

That aside, in replies that followed Genoil and Vaulter said that there would be a driver update that updates WDDM in W7/8. Although I'm almost 100% certain this isn't true and Microsoft has no interest in bringing newer versions of WDDM back to W7/8. That's one of the defining features of W10. Microsoft is in control of WDDM, not Nvidia or AMD. So a driver update wont fix this.

Once again we're back to the problem with bugs. And 'your friend' which is a clever way of saying yourself, I'm sure will be happy when this bug finally gets fixed.

You would've figured this out all over a week ago if you actually had a conversation with me, instead of telling me that I'm wrong and reassuring me of your non-existant fixes, which you still have no idea WTF you were talking about.

I'll just leave this here -

LINUX, LINUX, LINUX, LINUX, LINUX, LINUX, LINUX, LINUX, LINUX, LINUX, LINUX,
LINUX, LINUX, LINUX, LINUX, LINUX, LINUX, LINUX, LINUX, LINUX, LINUX, LINUX,
LINUX, LINUX, LINUX and LINUX.

Hey, I know you run donkeypool - I propose a small extension to Stratum that won't break compatibility (i.e. the opposite of what NiceHash ALWAYS does) - can you provide the NETWORK target for the miner?

EDIT: This is open to any pool op.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
July 19, 2016, 04:57:40 PM

Eth pools reject NO shares, unless stale. Dupes they consider too compute-heavy to return negative responses for.
You mean that from miner's POV the hashrate will be higher, but from pool's POV, this will be kind of cheating?

From pool's POV, most will silently drop dupes. The ethminer tends to handle HW errors by not submitting at all - of course, this isn't important enough to tell you about it.

is there a way to measure HW errors ?

I use SGMiner - I built in regenhash, a CPU implementation of Ethash used to verify before submission. You can also use abort() in the area where it happens in Genoil's ethminer. You could let me take a look at it, if you trust me.
Uh, yeah - dude, do that.
July 19, 2016, 04:46:22 PM

Eth pools reject NO shares, unless stale. Dupes they consider too compute-heavy to return negative responses for.
You mean that from miner's POV the hashrate will be higher, but from pool's POV, this will be kind of cheating?

From pool's POV, most will silently drop dupes. The ethminer tends to handle HW errors by not submitting at all - of course, this isn't important enough to tell you about it.

is there a way to measure HW errors ?
Pages:
Jump to: