Pages:
Author

Topic: ethminer-0.9.41-genoil-1.1 - page 49. (Read 397363 times)

Activity: 710
Merit: 502
June 05, 2016, 01:59:24 PM
Hello!
Question
750Ti , what hashrate should I expect?, since the dag file is pretty close to 2GB which is the memory of these cards.

I am asking because a got a lot of them working in others coins and would like to move them here to ethereum but dunno if it  worth it

thanks!
indukt

Last figure I read here was 3.5MH/s if you use Linux. Could be 4. It suffers badly from DAG size, they could do 9 (when oc-ed) a year ago.

Huh , exactly what i am getting, not worth it Sad , will sell them all  Grin thanks
Activity: 438
Merit: 250
June 05, 2016, 01:49:06 PM
Hello!
Question
750Ti , what hashrate should I expect?, since the dag file is pretty close to 2GB which is the memory of these cards.

I am asking because a got a lot of them working in others coins and would like to move them here to ethereum but dunno if it  worth it

thanks!
indukt

Last figure I read here was 3.5MH/s if you use Linux. Could be 4. It suffers badly from DAG size, they could do 9 (when oc-ed) a year ago.
Activity: 710
Merit: 502
June 05, 2016, 01:28:39 PM
Hello!
Question

I am asking because a got a lot of them working in others coins and would like to move them here to ethereum, but compiling last version 113 with dcompute 5.0 i only get 3.4 MH per card, which is so low it doesn't even justify them running imho.

or i am doing something wrong, I can see the vram usage on every card is 1.56 GB so I got some spare to the 2GB limit.

thanks!
indukt
June 04, 2016, 07:55:06 AM
Genoil, is it possible to start mining on the latest build on 4X7870 or need a special version with separation of DAG?

If it doesn't start, add -L sequential to Cmd line and try again. Needs version 1.1.3
it is working Shocked but used memory is the same 1500 MB for each card...

Yes that doesn't change. This feature uses less system RAM, not GPU ram
Activity: 1246
Merit: 708
June 04, 2016, 07:02:19 AM
When I tested exp few  weeks ago I got about 7%higher hashrate than by ethereum
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1010
!
June 04, 2016, 06:46:29 AM
Genoil, is it possible to start mining on the latest build on 4X7870 or need a special version with separation of DAG?

If it doesn't start, add -L sequential to Cmd line and try again. Needs version 1.1.3
it is working Shocked but used memory is the same 1500 MB for each card...
legendary
Activity: 1797
Merit: 1028
June 04, 2016, 04:54:49 AM
My miner doesn't support dwarfpool. If you can raise 1 BTC (with a group of people), I will add support for it.

I had some time today to sniff the Dwarfpool connection.  Strange that after all this time, they would choose to implement a non standard version of the stratum protocol.  So its a Dwarfpool weirdness issue.  Regular farm mining through eth-proxy works just fine.  Im noticing a 7 Mhs increase in speed and more consistent mining speeds on my AMD rigs.  

FAR LESS THAN 1 BTC--

Eth-Proxy works just fine, it is easy to set-up and run, it is free.  I don't use Genoil's Ethminer on my AMD rigs, just on my nVidia rigs.  All of them connect through Eth-Proxy.  I don't use the stratum mode with Genoil's miner, I just let it mine, and it mines just fine.       --scryptr

What are you using for your AMD cards? I have been using Claymore 4.3 seems to be ok. Do you suggest anything different? My 6 380x cards are pulling about 128.5 on average. (21.4 percard)

With genoil ethminer Im pulling 27.x MHs per Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X under Ubuntu 14.04 with the proprietary AMD driver set at 15.something.  Was running the stock ethminer that came with the ethereum package. Mining speed is roughly a 7 MHs increase on average. Its also farm mining against an eth-proxy running on a different server setup for Expanse on Dwarfpool.  I had hoped to use genoil's ethminer stratum feature to hit it directly (sans proxy) so that I could set up a little profit switching with Ethereum and SHIFT but to no avail.  Just have to have a little more patience Wink

My run script is:

#!/bin/bash

export GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR=0
export GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE=100
export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100

ethminer -R ~/.ethash-exp -E old --farm-recheck 300 -G -F http://192.168.1.5:8080/rig3 --cl-extragpu-mem 16 --cl-local-work 256 --cl-global-work 16384

Haven't checked out Claymore yet, but I will now. Smiley

NOTE:  Vapor-X cards suck for mining which is why I use them on my test rig. I would expect that a better version of the R9 280X or a newer generation card will probably have better results.
27 MHs? I barely get 20 on my powercolor 280x

SAME HERE--

I was getting 22MH/s a month ago.  The rig has become slower since.  OC sits at 1100/1500, stock power, no undervolting.  However, I am not using Genoil's miner on the AMD rig.       --scryptr

are you using the wolfo version, which seems to offer a boost of 7%? still need proof of this

STOCK ETHMINER--

Just to answer your question, I am using a very standard version of Ethminer.  It is very reliable, and mines 24/7 without crashing.  Maybe I could mine Expanse at 27MH/s, but would I make more profit?  Haven't done the math.       --scryptr

can you provide the link for the standard version? it should not offer anything for nvidia over the genoil version right? also why mining expanse when ethereum is still far more profitable...

I HAVE NEVER MINED EXPANSE--

But, the responses in this thread indicate that the Expanse (EXP) blockchain has a far lower mining difficulty than Ethereum (ETH), and that EXP mines at a much faster hash rate.  How big is the EXP DAG file?  Would mining it with a 750ti rig still be practical?       --scryptr
Activity: 239
June 04, 2016, 04:44:28 AM
Dear Genoi!
Can we except hashrate  increasing  by future versions of your great miner? (OpenCL)
Or has it already achieved the maximum?

Totally depends on your card if tweaked a little but to be honest mining ETH even overclocking cards you don't see much improvement other than more heat and kwh used. Found that out already on R9 280x cards.

You can however play around with the following settings --farm-recheck 200 --cl-local-work 256 --cl-global-work 18432 found to be bout the best setting without giving away other settings that I decline to provide. You can play with recheck global and local work to find maximum sweet spot takes a lot of work. Global work you can increase by 1024 each time and find max setting card will cope with. I am taking a wiled guessing this is just like intensity of how hard  card is working. I do remember use to do something along lines when mining LTC a while back and playing with same settings to get a good work load, balance and good hash speed. Will take a while to work best settings out for your card testing and moving up the ladder and finding that sweet spot. Once done just remember to note settings down and save for later configurations for other crypto in future Smiley
280X,1120/1000,1120/1250,1120/1500, What difference? thanks

For the 280x, if you run the core at 1120, it is better to use the 1500 MHz memory speed. It is faster.
June 04, 2016, 02:55:31 AM

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
June 04, 2016, 01:37:28 AM
My miner doesn't support dwarfpool. If you can raise 1 BTC (with a group of people), I will add support for it.

I had some time today to sniff the Dwarfpool connection.  Strange that after all this time, they would choose to implement a non standard version of the stratum protocol.  So its a Dwarfpool weirdness issue.  Regular farm mining through eth-proxy works just fine.  Im noticing a 7 Mhs increase in speed and more consistent mining speeds on my AMD rigs.  

FAR LESS THAN 1 BTC--

Eth-Proxy works just fine, it is easy to set-up and run, it is free.  I don't use Genoil's Ethminer on my AMD rigs, just on my nVidia rigs.  All of them connect through Eth-Proxy.  I don't use the stratum mode with Genoil's miner, I just let it mine, and it mines just fine.       --scryptr

What are you using for your AMD cards? I have been using Claymore 4.3 seems to be ok. Do you suggest anything different? My 6 380x cards are pulling about 128.5 on average. (21.4 percard)

With genoil ethminer Im pulling 27.x MHs per Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X under Ubuntu 14.04 with the proprietary AMD driver set at 15.something.  Was running the stock ethminer that came with the ethereum package. Mining speed is roughly a 7 MHs increase on average. Its also farm mining against an eth-proxy running on a different server setup for Expanse on Dwarfpool.  I had hoped to use genoil's ethminer stratum feature to hit it directly (sans proxy) so that I could set up a little profit switching with Ethereum and SHIFT but to no avail.  Just have to have a little more patience Wink

My run script is:

#!/bin/bash

ethminer -R ~/.ethash-exp -E old --farm-recheck 300 -G -F http://192.168.1.5:8080/rig3 --cl-extragpu-mem 16 --cl-local-work 256 --cl-global-work 16384

NOTE:  Vapor-X cards suck for mining which is why I use them on my test rig. I would expect that a better version of the R9 280X or a newer generation card will probably have better results.

SAME HERE--

I was getting 22MH/s a month ago.  The rig has become slower since.  OC sits at 1100/1500, stock power, no undervolting.  However, I am not using Genoil's miner on the AMD rig.       --scryptr

are you using the wolfo version, which seems to offer a boost of 7%? still need proof of this

STOCK ETHMINER--

Just to answer your question, I am using a very standard version of Ethminer.  It is very reliable, and mines 24/7 without crashing.  Maybe I could mine Expanse at 27MH/s, but would I make more profit?  Haven't done the math.       --scryptr

can you provide the link for the standard version? it should not offer anything for nvidia over the genoil version right? also why mining expanse when ethereum is still far more profitable...
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1010
!
June 03, 2016, 11:49:52 PM
legendary
June 03, 2016, 08:44:16 PM
Dear Genoi!
Can we except hashrate  increasing  by future versions of your great miner? (OpenCL)

Totally depends on your card if tweaked a little but to be honest mining ETH even overclocking cards you don't see much improvement other than more heat and kwh used. Found that out already on R9 280x cards.

You can however play around with the following settings --farm-recheck 200 --cl-local-work 256 --cl-global-work 18432 found to be bout the best setting without giving away other settings that I decline to provide. You can play with recheck global and local work to find maximum sweet spot takes a lot of work. Global work you can increase by 1024 each time and find max setting card will cope with. I am taking a wiled guessing this is just like intensity of how hard  card is working. I do remember use to do something along lines when mining LTC a while back and playing with same settings to get a good work load, balance and good hash speed. Will take a while to work best settings out for your card testing and moving up the ladder and finding that sweet spot. Once done just remember to note settings down and save for later configurations for other crypto in future Smiley

280X OVERCLOCK--

Each brand and model of 280X differs.  If your 280X is stable at 1120/1500, it may be getting 1-1.5 MH/s more hash than at its stock clock.  It will also be using more energy, running hotter, and wearing out faster.  My 280X would just overheat and crash.  Running at 1100/1500, it is stable, and I gained about 1MH/s performance over a stock clock of 1030/1500.

There is not much room for improvement with the Dagger-Hashimoto algorithm.       --scryptr
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
June 03, 2016, 08:25:21 PM
Dear Genoi!

June 03, 2016, 07:47:54 PM
crazyerner, sorry
I was asking about miner side efficiency (kernel)
I know there is not much to improve in this aspect.. but ..
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
June 03, 2016, 07:02:07 PM
Dear Genoi!

June 03, 2016, 06:17:08 PM
Dear Genoi!
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
June 03, 2016, 03:58:16 PM
Feature request if this is not already added in. Epoch Switch reset timer enabled. Seems even tho you have got rid of dag file generation my miner decides to halt and freeze even tho using current version. I had 1.1 Just before the Epoch Switch was due to restart and moments after it my miner was stuck and did not restart had to totally restart miner. Is their option to add timer in to force restart miner if not then please add option in to force restart miner ever x amount of hours.
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Digital Currency fanatic
June 03, 2016, 03:36:43 PM

FAR LESS THAN 1 BTC--

My run script is:

#!/bin/bash

SAME HERE--

STOCK ETHMINER--

Expanse unfortunately isnt quite up there with Ethereum as far as price goes. If you can mine enough EXP in a day vs 1 ETH in a day you could be at least be even.  Honestly Ive only roughly worked out the math. Im just a mining freak that doesn't like my rigs to be unproductive.  And all my rigs run 24/7 as well.
legendary
June 03, 2016, 03:30:31 PM

FAR LESS THAN 1 BTC--

My run script is:

#!/bin/bash

SAME HERE--

I was getting 22MH/s a month ago.  The rig has become slower since.  OC sits at 1100/1500, stock power, no undervolting.  However, I am not using Genoil's miner on the AMD rig.       --scryptr

STOCK ETHMINER--

Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Digital Currency fanatic
June 03, 2016, 03:26:56 PM

FAR LESS THAN 1 BTC--

My run script is:

#!/bin/bash

UPDATE:  Gave Claymore a spin and it is fairly elegant.  I didnt really see the speed increase. In fact it was a little slower.  But that may be configuration settings and such also.  Regardless, I don't like proprietary binaries running on my rigs so I gave it the ax and switched back to genoil's ethminer.
Pages:
Jump to: