Pages:
Author

Topic: ethminer-0.9.41-genoil-1.1 - page 45. (Read 397363 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
June 09, 2016, 02:25:00 AM
Is the stratum mining logic seperated from the getwork one?
Activity: 710
Merit: 502
June 11, 2016, 05:45:54 PM
Yup... When a new dag is generated the miner freezes. Was trying to figure out WTF was happening. Quite confusing.

Also it seems like 1.1.3 isn't as stable and hashes about 5% slower compared to 1.0.8.
This happens to me, only with AMD under windows (Nvidia under linux works fine)  with both, version 1.0.8 and 1.1.2
both versions freezes when a new dag is generated.
just close the miner, started it again and it works, but it's downtime until i find out.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026
SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files
June 11, 2016, 04:16:45 PM
I only face problem while DAG becomes invalid. Till date I am mining with almost same pace and getting almost same amount of coins per day with my single gpu
It was only the wind.
June 08, 2016, 04:27:38 AM
it has certainly to do with the dag size, since it is smaller on the other coin, for old gpu with 2gb, that is an increase in the hash, as a result

so it's not actually more hash, it's just the original hashrate returning back on those smaller dag size coins...

If you mean Genoil's miner vs the stock miner, it is slightly faster.

I heard that you have a private Ethereum miner which has 7% more hash rate than the stock miner, is that true?

It's about 5-6% currently, but I'm working on a major overhaul that should increase it quite a bit, but it's painstaking and takes FOREVER.

That is very good. Does it consume more power? How about the efficiency? Is that better than the CDM?

I haven't checked, honestly, because I don't care much - I'm going hard or going home with this, so working on making it far better.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024
June 11, 2016, 03:31:27 PM
For added stability during dag generation, add -L sequential to the command line. This is only useful if you have multiple GPUs.

You may also add -SV 2 to the command line for alternative stratum client.

I doubt 1.1 series is really slower than 1.0.8. Personally I feel it is a little bit faster.

What does "-L" do exactly? is it the same as "-T" ? for multiple gpus

It switches the on-GPU dag generation between parallel (all GPU at the same time) and sequential (one GPU at a time)

Still occasionally getting a hang when starting the miner and generating dags even though you can restart it any it seems to work fine.

The problem is when the dag changes when the miner is working it causes the client to hang sometimes for some reason.

1.0.8 runs fine on my machines. I'm not sure what it is. It seems 1.1.3 randomly locks up too while the whole system seems fine. Not sure what's causing it. The epoch change or the miner just having stability issues.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
June 11, 2016, 03:11:06 PM
Download GPU-Z and take a look at the card. im willing to bet it has Elpida memory which I think is a bit slower than the other one they use.  Hawaii is the name of the gpu processor they use in the 290.

It sounds like we have the same cards with same results, I grabbed 2 of those reference cards from new egg when they went on sale ~ 3 weeks ago.  Over clock really does nothing for it, its the same hash as stock and there is a modified bios thats suppose to improve the timing.  But when I tried that out it put the screen into this checkered pattern and It was nearly impossible to see anything.  So I quit messing around and under volted -100mv in msi and dropped the core clock to 800mhz and left memory at 1250mhz.
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
June 11, 2016, 02:56:50 PM
I'm having issues getting ethminer to work on Windows 7 with GTX 1080 card. I'm using version 1.1.3 It crashes with CUDA error in func 'ethash_cuda_miner::search' at line 303: unknown error. In open cl it crashes with  clEnqueueMapBuffer(-5). Both crash right after the DAG loads before mining starts. the windows nvidia driver crashes and the screen flashes when either of these happen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
June 11, 2016, 02:48:31 PM
I notice when using ethminer on Windows 7, opencl, AMD 290X that the global overdrive settings for the Fan don't seem to work.
Is this hard coded to override in ethminer?  How can I increase the fan speed (currently on 55%, which isn't bad, but wanting to turn it up)
Also I'm getting 24MH, is that bad?  Can I tweak things to go higher?

Msi afterburner will allow you gain much more control over the gpus so that you can undervolt and change fan speeds as well create custom fan profiles.

24 mh is a bit slow, you should be able to get atleast 25 mh per card or more depending if you over clock.  But from what I read is that can change a bit depending the type of ram the card contains and some other things.  try adding this into the miner bat for starters, --cl-global-work 16384  --cl-local-work 256

Thanks for the info! that parameter got me 25mh.
Was there a new DAG just a few days ago?  I remember getting 28-29 not too long ago, or maybe my memory is just bad.
Any recommended core/memory clocks?  I have an R9 Reference card (still going strong) and I believe it's "Hawaii"

Try older 15 series drivers, for some reason these new 16 series give bad performance on windows with genoil's miner.
Activity: 979
Merit: 510
June 11, 2016, 02:35:01 PM
I notice when using ethminer on Windows 7, opencl, AMD 290X that the global overdrive settings for the Fan don't seem to work.
Is this hard coded to override in ethminer?  How can I increase the fan speed (currently on 55%, which isn't bad, but wanting to turn it up)

Msi afterburner will allow you gain much more control over the gpus so that you can undervolt and change fan speeds as well create custom fan profiles.

24 mh is a bit slow, you should be able to get atleast 25 mh per card or more depending if you over clock.  But from what I read is that can change a bit depending the type of ram the card contains and some other things.  try adding this into the miner bat for starters, --cl-global-work 16384  --cl-local-work 256

Thanks for the info! that parameter got me 25mh.
Was there a new DAG just a few days ago?  I remember getting 28-29 not too long ago, or maybe my memory is just bad.
Any recommended core/memory clocks?  I have an R9 Reference card (still going strong) and I believe it's "Hawaii"
It was only the wind.
June 07, 2016, 11:57:42 PM
So why it doesn't work?

Let me guess - you never removed the contents of your build directory before re-doing cmake and make?
legendary
Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020
June 11, 2016, 01:07:11 PM
Anyone hear of a hacked nvidia driver for the GTX1080 so that I can mine at full speed on Windows 10?  I know it requires an older driver, but the older drivers don't support the 1080.  Any help please!

I tried messing with linux install but I hosed something up along the way and haven't had time to try again.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
June 11, 2016, 09:03:17 AM

It was only the wind.
June 07, 2016, 11:24:14 PM
For 1.1.3, go to cpp-ethereum directory and type git checkout 110. Then re-run cmake & make.

still the same:

should I add it after cd cpp-ethereum/:

Code:
git clone https://github.com/Genoil/cpp-ethereum/
cd cpp-ethereum/
 HERE (git checkout 110)

mkdir build
cd build
cmake -DBUNDLE=miner ..
make -j8

or its maybe related to something else:
Code:
[ 97%] Building CXX object ethminer/CMakeFiles/ethminer.dir/main.cpp.o
In file included from /home/miner03/geno11/cpp-ethereum/ethminer/main.cpp:39:0:
/home/miner03/geno11/cpp-ethereum/ethminer/MinerAux.h: In member function ‘void MinerCLI::doStratum()’:
/home/miner03/geno11/cpp-ethereum/ethminer/MinerAux.h:1023:14: warning: suggest explicit braces to avoid ambiguous ‘else’ [-Wparentheses]
      else if (client.waitState() == MINER_WAIT_STATE_WORK)
              ^
/home/miner03/geno11/cpp-ethereum/ethminer/MinerAux.h:1058:14: warning: suggest explicit braces to avoid ambiguous ‘else’ [-Wparentheses]
      else if (client.waitState() == MINER_WAIT_STATE_WORK)
              ^
[100%] Linking CXX executable ethminer
by make
Code:
-- Looking for pthread_create - not found
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads
-- Looking for pthread_create in pthreads - not found
or cmake earlier ??

Oh lord. From the looks of it, it succeeded.  Tongue
Activity: 438
Merit: 250
June 11, 2016, 08:59:28 AM
For added stability during dag generation, add -L sequential to the command line. This is only useful if you have multiple GPUs.

I doubt 1.1 series is really slower than 1.0.8. Personally I feel it is a little bit faster.

It switches the on-GPU dag generation between parallel (all GPU at the same time) and sequential (one GPU at a time)
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
June 11, 2016, 08:00:06 AM

Activity: 438
Merit: 250
June 11, 2016, 07:40:39 AM

It was only the wind.
June 07, 2016, 03:46:51 PM
it has certainly to do with the dag size, since it is smaller on the other coin, for old gpu with 2gb, that is an increase in the hash, as a result

so it's not actually more hash, it's just the original hashrate returning back on those smaller dag size coins...

If you mean Genoil's miner vs the stock miner, it is slightly faster.

I heard that you have a private Ethereum miner which has 7% more hash rate than the stock miner, is that true?

It's about 5-6% currently, but I'm working on a major overhaul that should increase it quite a bit, but it's painstaking and takes FOREVER.
Activity: 979
Merit: 510
June 11, 2016, 06:53:42 AM
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024
June 10, 2016, 11:43:24 PM
Yup... When a new dag is generated the miner freezes. Was trying to figure out WTF was happening. Quite confusing.

Also it seems like 1.1.3 isn't as stable and hashes about 5% slower compared to 1.0.8.
Activity: 271
Merit: 251
June 10, 2016, 09:13:55 PM
I was just about to say the same thing.
On epoch switch some miners get stuck and a kill process is required.
Windows7x64 And I suspect the machines with the older drivers (pre R9 3xx - 14.7?! or something) do that.
Haven't done any investigating though.
Pages:
Jump to: