Pages:
Author

Topic: EUR might drop below USD - page 3. (Read 33639 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
August 12, 2015, 01:08:52 PM
In my opinion, usd will never be able to cross euro.
Value of usd is over manipulated and when everyone realize about it, then usd will further go down.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
August 12, 2015, 09:17:55 AM
Not really, the USD is overinflated crap, once the chinese figure that out, they will short all T bonds, and other assets they hold, and then eur/usd might hit 2.0

Of course the EUR credit sector is vulnerable with that high rates, so they will start printing more money, to bounce it back.

I believe the rate will stay @ 1.0

However both currencies will die in hyperinflation.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
August 06, 2015, 09:08:43 AM
There is one more factor that could let drop Euro against USD and other currencies. China. Chinese government has bought over one trillion of currency reserves in Euro over the years. Now, the government started to sell a part of the reserves in order to support the current Chinese stock market crisis. if they decide to sell more, then the market got flowed by Euros what causes a higher drop of Euro value.

but why their trying to sell the money they bought before ? I don't think will do any good to them specially that price of euro is lower than before , it's like something is missing here
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
August 06, 2015, 08:42:55 AM
I don't know if that's what USA wants but yeah it is probably going to happen. Too strong USD will make things harder for USA too.

Germany and France should have inspected Greece more closely...
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
August 06, 2015, 08:39:40 AM
There is one more factor that could let drop Euro against USD and other currencies. China. Chinese government has bought over one trillion of currency reserves in Euro over the years. Now, the government started to sell a part of the reserves in order to support the current Chinese stock market crisis. if they decide to sell more, then the market got flowed by Euros what causes a higher drop of Euro value.

41 days to go until the Fed will decide whether to increase to interest rate or not. if the rate increases - probably to 0.25% - then it is very likely that the Euro breaks the parity to USD and even drop below.
wow , whats happening all of a sudden to Euro , it was way more than USD before (as far as I can recall) and now I'm reading as what you said that it might get even lower than USD
Activity: 602
August 06, 2015, 07:26:00 AM
41 days to go until the Fed will decide whether to increase to interest rate or not. if the rate increases - probably to 0.25% - then it is very likely that the Euro breaks the parity to USD and even drop below.
wow , whats happening all of a sudden to Euro , it was way more than USD before (as far as I can recall) and now I'm reading as what you said that it might get even lower than USD
Activity: 714
August 06, 2015, 07:24:03 AM
The crisis in Greece affect the euro very much. If the problem is not solved in near time or if Greece doesn't leave the European Union than the euro will drop. That is the reason why the union has to do something about this Smiley

the european union will do everything to keep greece inside. if that means giving them more billions that they will never get back, then they will still do it. if greece leave the euro and it turns out to be great for them, then other countries may decide to leave as well. stakes are way too high.

The reasons for Greece to leave are far more better for Euro than them to stay. Greece will no more be a financial liability, A Greek exit demonstrates that the entire Eurozone will not be held hostage be a trivial small irresponsible partner. It will also set an example for other countries, Perceive the situation as Greece being a bad kid who got kicked out for being a bad boy. The only reason Greece has been a failure is because of incompetent Greek public governance.
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
August 06, 2015, 06:57:00 AM
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
August 06, 2015, 06:52:11 AM
The crisis in Greece affect the euro very much. If the problem is not solved in near time or if Greece doesn't leave the European Union than the euro will drop. That is the reason why the union has to do something about this Smiley

the european union will do everything to keep greece inside. if that means giving them more billions that they will never get back, then they will still do it. if greece leave the euro and it turns out to be great for them, then other countries may decide to leave as well. stakes are way too high.
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001
August 06, 2015, 01:16:21 AM
I recently found this article:

http://fortune.com/2015/07/17/summer-vacation-europe-cheaper/

At the moment, one greenback is worth about 90 cents. It came within a few cents of parity this spring, and more economic turmoil could push it back in that range this August

Vacations and European products are already cheaper than ever. You should consider taking advantage of that and book a vacation or buy a European car, especially if it hits parity.

That may be true but the article doesn't mention the effects of that on the American economy. Not on the short or medium term. People taking vacations in Europe may spend a lot less. But as the previous post says a strong dollar makes it harder to export. A strong dollar with a low euro makes Europe much less likely to import American goods and using American services. The relatively weak recovery America has been feeling may be badly affected if parity is reached.

How much do the Europeans actually import from the US? What is their trade balance distribution by country? I thought the main American exports is debt, and a strong dollar makes the US debt even more appealing to those who hold it.

Europe is maybe the second largest export market for the US. Mainly Germany, the UK and Netherlands. Trade between the US and Europe totals over a trillion dollars. A little less than half is American exports. So a small deficit in goods but it actually has a surplus in services. All that will be affected by a strong dollar and weak euro.
Activity: 742
Merit: 526
August 04, 2015, 08:15:40 AM

At the moment, one greenback is worth about 90 cents. It came within a few cents of parity this spring, and more economic turmoil could push it back in that range this August

Vacations and European products are already cheaper than ever. You should consider taking advantage of that and book a vacation or buy a European car, especially if it hits parity.

That may be true but the article doesn't mention the effects of that on the American economy. Not on the short or medium term. People taking vacations in Europe may spend a lot less. But as the previous post says a strong dollar makes it harder to export. A strong dollar with a low euro makes Europe much less likely to import American goods and using American services. The relatively weak recovery America has been feeling may be badly affected if parity is reached.

How much do the Europeans actually import from the US? What is their trade balance distribution by country? I thought the main American exports is debt, and a strong dollar makes the US debt even more appealing to those who hold it.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
August 03, 2015, 12:07:53 PM

For the moment the problems were resolved. Greece has accepted the accords with the European Union so for a while must not be other unexpected things. Even with the internal problems of Tsipras (within its party) must not be problems for the euro.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
August 03, 2015, 11:56:41 AM
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001
July 31, 2015, 03:55:29 AM

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
July 31, 2015, 12:56:06 AM

Is it possible that EUR might drop below USD in 2015? Syriza & ECB QE program
pushing price even lower against USD or do you think euro is at it's bottom right now
and is going to rise soon?
Discussion.

I don't think that this will be possible. Federal Reserve and The USA Government want a more weak us dollar because this can stimulate their export to all over the world. A strong us dollar make the USA product more difficult to go overseas.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
July 31, 2015, 12:51:11 AM

Is it possible that EUR might drop below USD in 2015? Syriza & ECB QE program
pushing price even lower against USD or do you think euro is at it's bottom right now
and is going to rise soon?
Discussion.

I don't thinks so. Because the strong status of one currency depends from the monetary policies made by the respective Central Banks. The Federal Reserve aim to resolve the problem of unemployment in entirely and those of the youths in particularity. Then become the other stuffs. While the European Central Bank has as a principal aim to maintain an strong euro and the inflation under control.
Activity: 616
June 16, 2015, 09:53:40 AM
I'm one of those Russian trolls.

Lol russian trolls always mix geopolitics to everything  Grin
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
June 15, 2015, 10:56:35 AM
Should I consider this as you coming close to understanding that events now transpiring in Europe have, for the most part, causes inside of Europe itself as opposed to being primarily instigated from across the Atlantic?

Well... I still believe that the United States played a very important role, in the so called "events". For example, Victoria Nuland's admission that the CIA spent some 5 billion USD to topple the regime of Victor Yanukovych is an irrefutable proof for the involvement of the Americans in the above mentioned events. Also, I can't overlook the fact that Germany is not a fully sovereign nation as of now.

I was referring to Greece in particular and the European economic meltdown in general, i.e. intra-european relations. Regarding Ukraine, it has more to do with the global opposition between the world powers. So the involvement of the US (as well as the EU) in the Ukrainian commotion seems to be pretty evident...
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
June 15, 2015, 10:30:18 AM
Should I consider this as you coming close to understanding that events now transpiring in Europe have, for the most part, causes inside of Europe itself as opposed to being primarily instigated from across the Atlantic?

Well... I still believe that the United States played a very important role, in the so called "events". For example, Victoria Nuland's admission that the CIA spent some 5 billion USD to topple the regime of Victor Yanukovych is an irrefutable proof for the involvement of the Americans in the above mentioned events. Also, I can't overlook the fact that Germany is not a fully sovereign nation as of now.
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
June 15, 2015, 09:01:48 AM
Is it not what any empire eventually strives to reach? That colonies would be highly dependent on the metropole and look like parasites?

Possible. A prime example is Greece. If that country defaults on its debt payments to Germany, then there is a chance that the Germans will just take away their sovereignity. The same can happen to the other Southern European nations, such as Cyprus, Spain, Portugal.etc. Eventually, we will be having a fourth reich with frau Merkel as the new führer. And welcome to the Reichsgau of Griechenland.

Pages:
Jump to: