Pages:
Author

Topic: Euroleague 2022/23 Season - page 2. (Read 1339 times)

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!
May 09, 2023, 05:38:37 AM
Tonight is game 5 between Olympiacos and Fenerbahche. Bookmakers clearly favoured Oly and probably it's not surprising. But game 5 can't be about strategy, it's impossible for coaches to surprise your opponent when you already played so many times this season. It's going to be very interesting, I think that Oly players is under big pressure, while nobody will crticize Fener players much if they will lose today.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 638
May 06, 2023, 05:23:56 PM
Yeah that Sloukas three in the third game was important. In this duel we are just going back and forth with the wins. Only duel that didnt go into the fifth match is Barcelona vs Zalgiris witch was just a sweep by Barca. I think Olymipakos might win this duel at home against Fenerbahce,but so far all matches are low points and close
This year playoff is simply on fire. I don't remember did we ever had 3 seeies reaching Game 5. Euroleague had one job and they failed to do it. How you can make Game 5 between Monaco - Maccabi and Real - Partizan played almost on the same time... I don't even talk about Champions league semifinals on the same time
Fenerbahche - Olympiacos game today was low scoring again, but in 4th quarter both teams started dropping 3 pointers in the end like crazy. One of key points of Fener win that they completely stopped Sasha Vezenoov, who scored just 2 points.
This year's playoffs are indeed on fire. There was always great series and great basketball but I feel like this is one of the best playoffs in the last 20 years so far.

Kudos to Dimitrios Itoudis about his strategy and moves. He was heavily criticised some times in the season but he is showing great coaching right now. He reacted correctly to the Oly's tactics and both in defense and offense Fener responded successfully.

3 amazing Game 5s await us and I literally can't wait. It is indeed a scandal that two games overlap in the same time. I think I will start to watch Real-Partizan game on my phone. I wouldn't bet for these 3 games because I think they are open to any result. Even the 8th team Fenerbahce have a chance against regular season no.1.
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
May 05, 2023, 07:54:37 PM
Yeah that Sloukas three in the third game was important. In this duel we are just going back and forth with the wins. Only duel that didnt go into the fifth match is Barcelona vs Zalgiris witch was just a sweep by Barca. I think Olymipakos might win this duel at home against Fenerbahce,but so far all matches are low points and close
This year playoff is simply on fire. I don't remember did we ever had 3 seeies reaching Game 5. Euroleague had one job and they failed to do it. How you can make Game 5 between Monaco - Maccabi and Real - Partizan played almost on the same time... I don't even talk about Champions league semifinals on the same time
Fenerbahche - Olympiacos game today was low scoring again, but in 4th quarter both teams started dropping 3 pointers in the end like crazy. One of key points of Fener win that they completely stopped Sasha Vezenoov, who scored just 2 points.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 1023
Cashback 15%
May 05, 2023, 05:23:47 PM
The importance of Sloukas' three pointer in the previous game was once again revealed. If it weren't for that three-pointer, today Fenerbahce would have made it to the Final Four. Maybe thanks to that three-pointer, Olympiacos made it to the Final Four. There is one more game for that. Olimpiakos, who finished the regular season in first place, and Fenerbahçe, who finished eighth, are fighting head-to-head. When the match came out, there was an expectation that Olympiacos would win comfortably, but it never happened. Today, the 4th game of the series was played and Fenerbahce defeated the match 73-69 in its own hall. Sloukas, who marked the previous match, took 22 minutes in the match, but contributed 3 points for his team. I'm looking forward to the last game of the series.

Activity: 1442
Merit: 256
May 05, 2023, 04:54:26 PM
The importance of Sloukas' three pointer in the previous game was once again revealed. If it weren't for that three-pointer, today Fenerbahce would have made it to the Final Four. Maybe thanks to that three-pointer, Olympiacos made it to the Final Four. There is one more game for that. Olimpiakos, who finished the regular season in first place, and Fenerbahçe, who finished eighth, are fighting head-to-head. When the match came out, there was an expectation that Olympiacos would win comfortably, but it never happened. Today, the 4th game of the series was played and Fenerbahce defeated the match 73-69 in its own hall. Sloukas, who marked the previous match, took 22 minutes in the match, but contributed 3 points for his team. I'm looking forward to the last game of the series.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
May 05, 2023, 03:01:52 AM
we didn't had enough on our bench to win last night, two players are simply not enough to beat Real, even with home advantage and great atmosphere
two moments looked at chances, on 70:71 and 78:80, but we didn't do that after all, and it would be needed to win in Madrid again

but when complete, it is possible to win another in Madrid, home turf was a pressure on incomplete team, now pressure is back on Real, since they are back on favorite path

whatever happen next week, great season for Partizan, and goal is to secure next Euroleague season first, through ABA league
May 04, 2023, 05:08:13 PM
Damn, Real wins again in Belgrade and makes it 2:2. I remind that no team in Euroleague history haven't managed to make an comeback after they were down 0:2. It was another very close game, but Real were better in decisive moments. Though, at one moment when Partizan stolen 2 balls and scored 4 points in few seconds it looked that they still can break this game. Series returns to Madrid and Punter already will be available for Partizan, while it seems that Real's Deck got serious injury.
Maccabi simply destroyed Monaco 104:69. They decided game by making 20:0 run in 2nd half and never looked back. Most of us expected 5 games series, but for me it was difficult to imagine scenario like in this game. So, now Game 5 in Monaco and I'm not going to predict anything

In both matches, the final matches will determine the team that will go to the next round. I think Partizan has lost a big advantage it has gained. I think Real Madrid will easily beat Partizan. In the other match, I believe Maccabi will go to the next round by defeating Monaco on the road. Because Maccabi is a more experienced team.
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
May 04, 2023, 04:47:48 PM
Damn, Real wins again in Belgrade and makes it 2:2. I remind that no team in Euroleague history haven't managed to make an comeback after they were down 0:2. It was another very close game, but Real were better in decisive moments. Though, at one moment when Partizan stolen 2 balls and scored 4 points in few seconds it looked that they still can break this game. Series returns to Madrid and Punter already will be available for Partizan, while it seems that Real's Deck got serious injury.
Maccabi simply destroyed Monaco 104:69. They decided game by making 20:0 run in 2nd half and never looked back. Most of us expected 5 games series, but for me it was difficult to imagine scenario like in this game. So, now Game 5 in Monaco and I'm not going to predict anything
legendary
Cashback 15%
May 04, 2023, 02:02:21 PM
Barca is already at F4, Olympiakos get their break back in thriller finish, and all top4 teams won first away match

and now back to Belgrade, we had dream start in first match, till we let Real get 0:11 series and be back into match, afterwards every ball could be a decider
hoping to finish it off tonight, and odds are now same for both teams, it is time

Barcelona shows that they are on of the best currently in the euroleague. Olympiakos barely snatched the win in Turkey in last second and it was an impresive last second shot. For Partizan tonights game might decide a lot. They need to win at home or it will be really hard in Madrid
legendary
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
May 04, 2023, 03:15:58 AM
Barca is already at F4, Olympiakos get their break back in thriller finish, and all top4 teams won first away match

and now back to Belgrade, we had dream start in first match, till we let Real get 0:11 series and be back into match, afterwards every ball could be a decider
hoping to finish it off tonight, and odds are now same for both teams, it is time
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1630
May 03, 2023, 04:21:06 PM
Fenerbahçe have got behind in the series by losing the game in which they were comfortable until the last quarter with their old player Sloukas' buzzer-beater. I think that the coach's resting in Dorsey and Calathes in the last quarter was unnecessary. In this part Olympiacos had a 13-0 series and returned to the game. This was a quite heartbreaking loss for Fenerbahçe. I don't think we can pull ourselves together for 2 days after.
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
May 03, 2023, 04:16:01 PM
Fenerbahche - Olympiacos, I have no words about this game, it was simply epic. What happened in the end makes it into one of the best playoff games in Euroleague history. When Walkup lost ball in last seconds in such stupid way and Guduric scored 3 points it looked that Fener have everything in their hands. Oly had less than 4 seconds for attack and then Sloukas made difficult buzzer beater and won the game:
https://twitter.com/EuroLeague/status/1653847439881932800
It can be key win for Oly in series, but still wouldn't write off Fenerbahche, they already showed that they can win in Pireaus.
Barca won game in Kaunas against Zalgiris and booked tickets to Final 4 in fastest possible way. Simply different level and that's all. But Zalgiris shouln't be sad. From completely worst team in Euroleague last season they turned into playoff team when everyone saw them in the bottom again.

BTW, it seems that we will have another Spanish team in Euroleague next season. Gran Canaria is leading Turk Telekom by 20 points in Eurocup final. Probably most of Euroleague teams isn't happy about it because travelling to Las Palmas is long and difficult, they're so far away from continental Europe.
May 03, 2023, 04:12:16 PM
We lost the game with the basket we conceded at the last second and I went mad with sadness. Our former basketball player, Kostas Sloukas, made a magnificent three-pointer at the last second, causing Olimpiakos to win the game 71-72. When Sloukas shot and got a basket, he rushed to the locker room. He was rightfully delighted and deeply upset the audience of his former team. Three basketball players in Fenerbahçe reached double-digit scores. In Olimpiakos, Sloukas was the star of the match. Olimpiakos took a 2-1 lead in the series and regained his field advantage. In the other match of the night, it was expected and Barcelona defeated Zalgiris 66-77 away and swept Zalgiris 3-0 in the series.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1630
May 02, 2023, 05:15:52 PM
I'm wondering how Fenerbahçe will perform against Olympiacos tomorrow. Dorsey and Calathes need to take initiative more absolutely. If the series is extended to Pire again then I think Fenerbahçe's chance is scarcely any.
May 02, 2023, 05:11:31 PM
The 3rd games in the Euroleague started one evening. Partizan, who won both games in Madrid before, lost 80-82 against Real Madrid in front of their own pitch and their passionate audience. Before the match, a beautiful choreography was arranged for Coach Ovradovic. Partizan started the match effectively and closed the first period leading 32-19. Real Madrid weighed in in the second period and balanced the game. When Real dominated the 3rd period, they finished the match with an 80-82 win and made the situation 2-1 in the series. The next match will be played on May 4, and if they win the match, Partizan will advance to the Final Four, which will make the series 3-1. In the other match, Monaco defeated Maccabi 78-83 away and regained the field advantage. The next match will be on May 4th. If Monaco wins the game, it will be up to the Final Four.
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
May 02, 2023, 04:56:36 PM
Damn, another crazy night of Euroleague playoffs. And it's so sad that they make both games almost on the same time.
I think I never saw such atmosphere in Euroleague game like in Stark arena. And respect to Partizan fans for not doing something stupid what could hurt their own team. About game, Partizan gave it all, but it wasn't enough with short roster. That Williams - Goss 3 pointer killed Partizan. Ball in LeDay hands in decisive moments didn't looked like best idea, but they didn't had many options to choose. In game 4 Lessort and Deck will return to their teams.
Monaco made big surprise by winning in Tel Aviv and now they're 1 win away from Final 4. They weren't welcomed very warm, Monaco bus was even stopped by Maccabi fans. But Monaco were leading almost whole game and they made arena silent.
legendary
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
May 02, 2023, 05:35:16 AM
big game tonight, odds do not favor us, me neither due to missing players, but it is a first chance in a row to secure F4 position, hopefully we will make it
pressure is certainly on Real, and good start can make things easier for us

In other match, Maccabi is a favorite against Monaco at home, but everything can happen, seems that Euroleague play-off will be really interesting this season, or is it just because Partizan is there again
Activity: 1078
Merit: 638
May 01, 2023, 06:33:58 AM
Fenerbahche surprised me by winning in Piraeus, especially after they lost 1st quarter 24:10. Maybe I understimated Fener too much...
Although I'm not a Fener fan myself, I can say even all the Fener fans were surprised as well. It was quite a great win. First home lost for Oly this season. As far as I understood, Marko Guduric played even though he had injury. Great character shown in the playoffs and he played great especially in the last quarter. This game Itoudis was also better. When he put aside his insistence and expanded the rotation, the players also relaxed and coach made everyone feel the game. At the end Fener played much better and got an important win in the away game. Next game, I heard fans are already preparing and Fener's chances are getting better. Fener can make a surprise in this series.
legendary
Cashback 15%
April 29, 2023, 02:53:42 PM
all in all, after first week of play-offs, Barca is the only top4 team with two wins, all other have mini-breaks at home, Real lost both matches

Barca will probably finish it off in second week, as well as Maccabi, Olympiakos is going to need fifth match in Athens to kick-out Fenerbahce, and not sure what to think about Partizan now, hoping to not slip the lead due to bans, but when complete, I am positive that we can win fifth in Madrid, if that happens

I heard some news that Punter might not be banned in the final four, but i think that is really hard still. Barcelona has a lock to go through but it wont be easy in Kaunas. The most intresting duel is between Fenerbahce and Olymipakos i honesty dont know who can win the series here
legendary
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
April 29, 2023, 02:49:39 PM
all in all, after first week of play-offs, Barca is the only top4 team with two wins, all other have mini-breaks at home, Real lost both matches

Barca will probably finish it off in second week, as well as Maccabi, Olympiakos is going to need fifth match in Athens to kick-out Fenerbahce, and not sure what to think about Partizan now, hoping to not slip the lead due to bans, but when complete, I am positive that we can win fifth in Madrid, if that happens
Pages:
Jump to: