Pages:
Author

Topic: Euroleague 2022/23 Season - page 7. (Read 1339 times)

legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
February 03, 2023, 04:07:45 AM
Partizan is playing Zalgiris in Lithuania tonight, should be a good match
looking at past results between the two, home team usually wins these, and odds are pretty on value @1.71 on Zalgiris to win

@LTU_btc, what do you think will happen tonight?
Activity: 1316
Merit: 623
February 02, 2023, 05:39:01 PM
Despite playing without Sloukas against Fenerbahce Beko in the first match of the week Olimpiakos won the match easily. Their next match is against Anadolu Efes and at home. Anadolu Efes won the match against Zalgiris despite having difficulties in the last quarter. Anadolu Efes downshifted in the matches but they were good in defense in the match against Zalgiris.

Defending Olimpiakos a fast team will not be easy. Sloukas will not play in the Anadolu Efes game but his absence is fine for Olimpiakos. Anadolu Efes need to attack very well in order to survive in this match. Big job will fall on short players for this. I think it will be a high score game.
legendary
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
January 28, 2023, 07:32:48 AM
~snip
as we saw in previous derby where Zvezda won in front of 20k Partizan fans. Zvezda have advantage tomorrow, but in general, I think it's very similar level teams.

and same happened last night, when Partizan won over Zvezda, important (would say huge) win for a second phase battle in Euroleague, lose in this one would distance Partizan from chance to reach top8
it was tense, final score is 1 point, but Zvezda scored three pointer when it does not mattered any more, so there was no last second shock, but as I can remember, we had lead whole last quarter

five teams within one win distance for spot eight
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330
Slava Ukraini!
January 26, 2023, 04:41:20 PM
Zvezda is the favorite in this match because of the home ground but this derbies know to go either way we seen it last time. Partizan leaded the entire match and lost in last basket so for partizan this is now or never to try and catch up for the playoffs
Home factor is important thing, but not decisive, as we saw in previous derby where Zvezda won in front of 20k Partizan fans. Zvezda have advantage tomorrow, but in general, I think it's very similar level teams.
Today's El Clasico was amazing and nothing surprising that we had overtime there. Barca dominated most part of game, but in 4th quarter Real made comeback. In overtime Real dominated already and 3-pointers of Hezonja and Musa killed Barca.
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 1023
Cashback 15%
January 26, 2023, 02:09:50 PM
Belgrade derby in Euroleague tomorrow, Crvena Zvezda is facing Partizan, in a tension filled match, that could equalize clubs on ten wins, or send Zvezda two wins ahead with 11 wins, and increase their chances for next round

Zvezda already won two matches against Partizan this season (Euroleague and regional competition) and this one will be interesting as well, home win @1.5 has some value, although I hope that Partizan is going to win

Zvezda is the favorite in this match because of the home ground but this derbies know to go either way we seen it last time. Partizan leaded the entire match and lost in last basket so for partizan this is now or never to try and catch up for the playoffs
legendary
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
January 26, 2023, 11:44:40 AM
Belgrade derby in Euroleague tomorrow, Crvena Zvezda is facing Partizan, in a tension filled match, that could equalize clubs on ten wins, or send Zvezda two wins ahead with 11 wins, and increase their chances for next round

Zvezda already won two matches against Partizan this season (Euroleague and regional competition) and this one will be interesting as well, home win @1.5 has some value, although I hope that Partizan is going to win
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
January 14, 2023, 08:13:41 PM
Anadolou Efes managed to beat Barcelona again, this time at Palau Blaugrana. And maybe final score shows that it was close game, it actually wasn't. Efes dominated game, big part of it having solid lead and Barca got closer only in 4th quarter. Something is just going wrong for Barca this season.
Partizan got very solid win against Baskonia. Just few weeks ago Baskonia were leading table and now they are just 6th after few loses. It's incredible how everything is close this season. There is 3 wins between 1st and 10th place and 3 wins between 8th and 15th. Few wins or losess in a row can change your situation fundamentally.
BTW, there was news that Kemba Walker is going to join Olimpia Milan, but seems it's not true at all:
https://basketnews.com/news-183792-kemba-walkers-reported-deal-with-milan-completely-untrue.html
Anyway, I doubt that signing him would help Milan to reach playoffs.
legendary
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
January 06, 2023, 03:48:00 PM
~snip
I'm wondering what's going on with Fenerbahche recently. It's their 5th loss in a row and they were awful today, Zalgiris were leading almost by 30 points big part of game. Though, terrible news for Zalgiris, their leader Evans is out for rest of season after Achilles injury today.

both, Partizan and Zalgiris are within reach for top8, and hopefully we can both enter next phase
big win over Fenerbahce for Zalgiris, they are sliding down with 5 loses, but it is a long season, and everything can happen, this is middle

Zvezda plays against Valencia tonight, and they started well, it is first quarter, and anything can happen
Activity: 1442
Merit: 256
January 06, 2023, 02:18:37 AM
Zeljko Obradovic is much more than a coach. The Partizan team does not consist of top level basketball players, but the team game they play is great. 5 wins in the last 5 matches. They overthrew Anadolu Efes, Fenerbahçe and finally Monaco yesterday and their rise continues. They'll see the final four, but I don't know if they can be champions. Fenerbahce, on the other hand, continues to decline. They lost to Zalgiris yesterday. The team is struggling to win matches. The team has self-confidence issues. Players have a hard time shooting. Kaunas scored 20 points yesterday.
legendary
Cashback 15%
January 05, 2023, 09:10:40 PM
Partizan closing nice win over Monaco, fourth in a row in Euroleague, and it seems that we are getting the form up, slowly but steady
it was all done in fourth quarter, nice start, miserable second quarter, a lot of fight in third and great start in fourth that lead to +14 at the moment, should not be missed

with this win, top8 seems closer, although not realistic, but possible

Partizan won 100-80 against Monaco and this is another win from the top teams in the league. They are picking up form really well but still out of top 8. But if they continue like this we can see them easily in the top 8. This is i think their 4th euroleague win in a row and they are looks really really good.
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
January 05, 2023, 08:02:15 PM
Partizan closing nice win over Monaco, fourth in a row in Euroleague, and it seems that we are getting the form up, slowly but steady
it was all done in fourth quarter, nice start, miserable second quarter, a lot of fight in third and great start in fourth that lead to +14 at the moment, should not be missed

Very solid win, after all, Monaco is one of the best teams this season so far. For Partizan everything is possible, when there is so many teams very close to each other. I wouldn't even write-off Olimpia Milan for potential Top 8.
I'm wondering what's going on with Fenerbahche recently. It's their 5th loss in a row and they were awful today, Zalgiris were leading almost by 30 points big part of game. Though, terrible news for Zalgiris, their leader Evans is out for rest of season after Achilles injury today.
Barca is underperforming this season, now they lost against Virtus. They're still 2nd, but they have way more losses than they should. And who could have thought that Baskonia will be at the top after 17 rounds.
legendary
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
January 05, 2023, 05:48:13 PM

legendary
Slava Ukraini!
December 30, 2022, 07:14:46 PM
While I was waiting for the Real Madrid game to start, I saw the end of this match on TV. The match went into overtime and Barcelona won by playing better in overtime. Crvena Zvezda played well, but it wasn't enough to win.
Crvena Zvezda would have won had Mirotic not extended the game with that incredible three-pointer. But when the match went to overtime by conceding such a buzzer beater, the morale of the players of Crvena Zvezda fell. We watched a really good final moments.

That magic moment: https://twitter.com/EuroLeague/status/1608918720545722370

Well, it seems that Mirotic stepped on the line before buzzer-beater and the shot shouldn't have counted:
https://basketnews.com/news-183109-nikola-mirotic-stepped-on-the-line-before-the-buzzer-beater-vs-zvezda.html
It's pity that such great moment was result of referees mistake. What is ridiculuous that referees didn't went to watch replay of it. Sometimes they watch replays of meaningles moments for 5 minutes and now they didn't went to watch moment where game outcome is decided.
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1510
December 30, 2022, 05:57:23 PM
Final round of 2022 didn't disappointed. Crvena Zvezda were leading big part of game against Barcelona. They had one job - foul against Barcelona and don't let them to make 3 point attempt. I can't understand how they failed to do that and let Mirotic to shot. In overtime Barca won, despite that coach Jasikevicius got ejected.

While I was waiting for the Real Madrid game to start, I saw the end of this match on TV. The match went into overtime and Barcelona won by playing better in overtime. Crvena Zvezda played well, but it wasn't enough to win.
Crvena Zvezda would have won had Mirotic not extended the game with that incredible three-pointer. But when the match went to overtime by conceding such a buzzer beater, the morale of the players of Crvena Zvezda fell. We watched a really good final moments.

That magic moment: https://twitter.com/EuroLeague/status/1608918720545722370
legendary
Slava Ukraini!
December 30, 2022, 04:55:12 PM
Final round of 2022 didn't disappointed. Crvena Zvezda were leading big part of game against Barcelona. They had one job - foul against Barcelona and don't let them to make 3 point attempt. I can't understand how they failed to do that and let Mirotic to shot. In overtime Barca won, despite that coach Jasikevicius got ejected.
Yesterday Efes completely stopped playing in 4th quarrter against Maccabi, lost it 23:7, letting Maccabi to score almost 20 points without response. Maccabi won the game.
Seems that Olimpia finally got their game. They beat Valencia and it's their 3rd win in a row.
legendary
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
December 25, 2022, 02:36:08 PM
-snip

Partizan with an amazing win tonight i didnt expect it but my team pulled through on a really hard away match. Fenerbahce just cannot win lately and from such a huge team i didnt expect so many losses in a row. I cannot remember when this happened last time that Fenerbahce had such a bad streak.

yeah, we finally won some matches, after several loses in a row
and most matches, we are within 5 points distance from opponent, all nervous finishes, hopefully it will bring us experience in these, if we somehow get to next round in EL, and in ABA league play-off

even when on +20 during the match, we end-up on penalty shootout in last minute
Activity: 1442
Merit: 256
December 23, 2022, 05:55:42 PM

In the most important match of the night, Monaco was defeated 79-71 against Milan despite closing the first half of the match 47-34 and lost its chance to lead. In another match of the night, Barcelona, ​​who was defeated 84-83 away from Valencia, could not complete the week as the leader. I was surprised that both teams lost in the week Fenerbahce Beko lost. The most profitable team of this week was Cazoo Baskonia and finished the week in 3rd place. The defending champion Anadolu Efes continued its rise by beating Panathinaikos 88-69 at home.
legendary
Cashback 15%
December 22, 2022, 04:55:45 PM
-snip
Partizan is giving good signals but their squad is limited. You can see Obradović's touch though. Nunnally and Exum are scorers, there's also Punter from bench but they need better Center and Power Forward. With this squad they will finish in middle places.

Partizan had good start this season, but lost most matches in last month, including both matches with Crvena Zvezda, which are pretty important ones for fans

Win over Efes ended losing strike, and hopefully will get us into better shape, it is a long season, and there are still chances to enter top8, although those are small

Partizan had another big win tonight. Obradovic showed his greatness yet again. As he pointed out after the game, Partizan beat the leader of the Euroleague at the moment. Really great job from Partizan.

Fenerbahce team is in incredible decline. Okay, there are injuries, but injuries are part of this game. Every team has injured players. They lost 4 of the last 5 matches including local league. If it continues like this, they might find themselves outside the playoff hoop in 3-4 weeks. Fenerbahce is already a fragile team. Things are going bad for them and their coach Dimitris Itoudis. It was a good game for beginning the week. Always fun to watch Serbian teams.

Partizan with an amazing win tonight i didnt expect it but my team pulled through on a really hard away match. Fenerbahce just cannot win lately and from such a huge team i didnt expect so many losses in a row. I cannot remember when this happened last time that Fenerbahce had such a bad streak.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 638
December 22, 2022, 04:40:09 PM
-snip
Partizan is giving good signals but their squad is limited. You can see Obradović's touch though. Nunnally and Exum are scorers, there's also Punter from bench but they need better Center and Power Forward. With this squad they will finish in middle places.

Partizan had good start this season, but lost most matches in last month, including both matches with Crvena Zvezda, which are pretty important ones for fans

Win over Efes ended losing strike, and hopefully will get us into better shape, it is a long season, and there are still chances to enter top8, although those are small

Partizan had another big win tonight. Obradovic showed his greatness yet again. As he pointed out after the game, Partizan beat the leader of the Euroleague at the moment. Really great job from Partizan.

Fenerbahce team is in incredible decline. Okay, there are injuries, but injuries are part of this game. Every team has injured players. They lost 4 of the last 5 matches including local league. If it continues like this, they might find themselves outside the playoff hoop in 3-4 weeks. Fenerbahce is already a fragile team. Things are going bad for them and their coach Dimitris Itoudis. It was a good game for beginning the week. Always fun to watch Serbian teams.
legendary
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
December 17, 2022, 09:49:53 AM
-snip

Pages:
Jump to: